• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Celestial Twilight (Fantasy Feudal Japan/China RP)

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi! I am the underwhelming and terrible Cosmoissimo. I, along with the much more interesting KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa , have created an RP that is heavily inspired by Legend of the Five Rings (which is a setting based in a fantasy Feudal Japan) that is quite interesting, if I do say so in my most humble of opinions. It is going to center around a very powerful nation known as the Imperial Ascendancy, based loosely on a mixture of periods of ancient China, that has been constantly expanding, and the nation of our characters, Nagazawa and its five clans have managed to just barely hold them off. But they are losing.

The Shogun of Nagazawa gives permission for an insane suicide mission, an assassination attempt on the Celestial Emperor (Hence the name), the cornerstone of the Ascendancy, in hopes of splintering the great empire into its various warring factions.

Now, I know I didn't describe it suppper amazing, but we have put a lot of thought into it, and in fact, its pretty much done and ready to go (just need to write an intro..) including the lore page full of goodies: Click Me! Click Me! Please, I can barely contain myself, CLICK ME!

So, throwing up this interesting check to see who would be interesting in joining the RP, being samurai, shinobi, warrior monks, shugenja (mages) joining this, likely, doomed quest to save their nation....So, what say ye?

Interested! (I’ve read the lore page :3)

Glad to have you aboard! XD

I am interested, but I am also taking a break from Roleplay until Thanksgiving Break and other offline stuff gets settled. Is that alright?

That's next week, right? We probably won't start until like.. mid next week. We still have some things we need to finish writing, like I still have to do the overview of the nation itself, the intro and Bunneh needs to finish the CS, so no rush.

Kirito Kei Kirito Kei They were always a powerful nation and started 'expanding' a half century, or so, ago but were never able to get past the Dragon Clan and they were fighting various other nations [Funny enough, this RP was almost a 'coalition' of nations, the feudal japan inspired one teaming up with a mongol-nomadic horse inspired nation and a Saracen/Mameluke nation, but we decided that was too much for RPers to shift through] on the rest of their borders whilst occupying land which kept them fairly busy which is the main reason they could never get past them, too busy to divert the necessary resources.

Their growth to 'critical mass' happened fairly 'recent', within the last decade, thanks to Ru Ju-Long's military actions and, far more importantly, his civic reforms as High Chancellor.

Kirito Kei Kirito Kei August August wendy wendy KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa Hey! Threw up the CS thread should you want to work on them or knock them out of the way. The main RP thread should be up sometime tonight, or early tomorrow, whenever Bunneh finishes it up.

The RP, itself, likely won't start until Tuesday/Wedesday depending on when the Characters are all finished (if you need more time, just let us know, no rush). I'll post up a character near when we start, I intend to make a character of whatever clan is least represented (which I assume is either going to be Crane or Fox.)

Celestial Twilight CS page

Kirito Kei Kirito Kei August August wendy wendy KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa Hey! Threw up the CS thread should you want to work on them or knock them out of the way. The main RP thread should be up sometime tonight, or early tomorrow, whenever Bunneh finishes it up.

The RP, itself, likely won't start until Tuesday/Wedesday depending on when the Characters are all finished (if you need more time, just let us know, no rush). I'll post up a character near when we start, I intend to make a character of whatever clan is least represented (which I assume is either going to be Crane or Fox.)

Celestial Twilight CS page
Leaving me with all the work. Gosh! x3 <3

Leaving me with all the work. Gosh! x3 <3

<.< *Makes poor Cosmo create the nations, flesh out the overall plot idea she wanted to do which was just 'Suicide Squad with swords', create the NPC villains of the enemy nation and even create the CSes*

>.> Says she does all the work..

tumblr_mi2zfwpXkC1rogz7go3_250.gif

<.< *Makes poor Cosmo create the nations, flesh out the overall plot idea she wanted to do which was just 'Suicide Squad with swords', create the NPC villains of the enemy nation and even create the CSes*

>.> Says she does all the work..

tumblr_mi2zfwpXkC1rogz7go3_250.gif
Hey!! I had a totally different idea for this, and instead you took it in a way that WAY better than what my brain had xD *sassy snaps.* Soooo I don't wanna hear this Mister! I let you do your thing~

Uh.............assuming most of the conversations round here won't involve gifs of people running into someone else's ass.....I would be happy to submit a character! Er, that is, if you're still looking, Cosmo Cosmo .

Yeah this seems cool. Interested

Character sheet page we'd be glad to have you!

Uh.............assuming most of the conversations round here won't involve gifs of people running into someone else's ass.....I would be happy to submit a character! Er, that is, if you're still looking, Cosmo Cosmo .

I.. can neither confirm nor deny the first bit, but yes, we are still looking to fill out the group and would love to have you. CS submission page.

I've been wanting an rp in this style, practically since I started rping. And if it's not takenough I'd like to be a deserter from the ascendancy.

Guan.Yu.full.1809265.jpg

Specifically this majestic bearded man.

I've been wanting an rp in this style, practically since I started rping. And if it's not takenough I'd like to be a deserter from the ascendancy.

Specifically this majestic bearded man.

The fact you want to use Guan Yu pleases me greatly. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cosmo Cosmo
I'll do my best to have a sheet up sometime soon. Just so I can clarify though, are you looking for like...complete eastern influence? Could my character, say, dress like a savage covered in animal furs who lives off the land and...uses a broadsword? Or are you looking more for like the eastern robes and armor, along with their weapons like naginata, katanas, and yumi? Or is it more along the lines of eastern dress but any kind of weapon?

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon The broadsword would be a no go if by broadsword you mean the European version and not say... say.. a Chinese Jian or the like. The land which the characters come from is based on a mythical version of Japan which is facing a mixture of Chinese influences... so... being a barbarian using European weaponry would be a no go.

If you wanted to go the 'savage' route, the two best ways I can see doing this is:

1. Base your character off a nomadic horse tribe, like the mongols and be a mercenary that has been fighting for the Dragon Clan ever since their lands fell to the Ascendancy (the large Chinese nation they are attempting to get into to kill the Emperor of).

2. Be a Warrior Monk that lives off the land (and so appears more barbaric and wears furs) that has traveled to the Ascendancy and so has adopted some of their more exotic weaponry in an attempt to reach enlightenment through martial powers and discovery. I still wouldn't really want to see European weaponry here, but you are free to use Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Indian, etc. Just try and stay in that 'region'.

Hello~!

Do you have an opening~?

I dare say I have fallen for your lore, and I want to join in, though I do have half my heart set upon a kit sure shinobi, well more like burglar but as long as the mission is complete who cares what goes missing eh?

Orikanyo Orikanyo Sure! We have a few slots open and would love to have you!

Aww, thank you. Glad you like it. I am rather fond of it and I wouldn't mind you taking up a Kitsune shinobi with sticky fingers! Although if you do I feel I shall lose a bet as I told bunneh the two clans I felt would have no players would be the Crane (not counting myself) and the Kitsune. Dear lord she is going to have an ego if I keep being wrong.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Sure! We have a few slots open and would love to have you!

Aww, thank you. Glad you like it. I am rather fond of it and I wouldn't mind you taking up a Kitsune shinobi with sticky fingers! Although if you do I feel I shall lose a bet as I told bunneh the two clans I felt would have no players would be the Crane (not counting myself) and the Kitsune. Dear lord she is going to have an ego if I keep being wrong.
Ohoho~!

Sadly for you my heart is set, and I dare say I have a love for the tricksters of any setting. Though with what I have planned in mind i'm certainly going to take into full consideration the varied nature of my clan~!

For what true shinobi looks like one eh?

Ohoho~!

Sadly for you my heart is set, and I dare say I have a love for the tricksters of any setting. Though with what I have planned in mind i'm certainly going to take into full consideration the varied nature of my clan~!

For what true shinobi looks like one eh?

Story of my life, drats, its like twenty-something to eight now KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa ... what's the score at now? (She keeps track because she is a jerk).

Well, you dress for the job you want, not the job you have after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back