• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Caught in the Crossfire (Sci-Fi Meets Fantasy)

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've decided to revive an old concept of mine.

Hundreds of years into the future, humanity has unlocked the secret of faster-than-light travel and has spread across the stars, establishing thousands of colonies on different planets and becoming a true interstellar empire. Sometime during the later years of humanity's expansion a planet is discovered. This planet was found to have a massive amount of raw minerals and also exotic resources that only exist in incredibly small amounts everywhere else in the galaxy, and only very rarely. However, it was also discovered that the planet was inhabited by a primitive civilisation, and even more surprising was that there were humans discovered being native to the planet. The whole world was something out of a fantasy setting.

Interested by this discovery, the human government establishes a research station over the planet in order to monitor the natives, and also to covertly infiltrate the native civilisation in order to understand them and hopefully prepare for their eventual contact and possible annexation into the human empire.

However, while the program is ongoing, humanity makes first contact with an alien race, and soon the situation spirals into total war. While the research program would be designated a secondary concern, after several years of war and with humanity slowly being pushed back by the aliens, the human government eventually decides to turn their attention to the planet. The resources there would significantly boost the war effort. With intelligence that the aliens had also caught word of the planet, the human government immediately decides to make the decision to occupy the planet in order to mine its resources, regardless of what the natives think.

This is the part where you come in. You pretty much create your own fantasy world, and everything that happens on it. I'm not stopping you from making your world how you envision it, since it'll pretty much make the experience a whole lot more interesting. We can discuss worldbuilding, since that's what I like to do. A lot of the plot comes from the clash between a civilisation with high tech but no magic and a civilisation with low tech but one that uses magic and other fantastic elements.

The thing is that the early parts of the plot will focus on the interactions between the denizens of the fantasy world and the sci-fi humans, given how they're essentially sending an army to occupy the entire planet. The humans are pretty much working on a timer since the aliens plan to invade later on.

The main difference from regular 1x1s is that instead of controlling just one or two characters on a relatively small scale, this RP takes place on an entire planet, with characters being made on the fly. This will pretty much reduce the time spent on character sheets.

PM me for more details if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back