• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hello!

I am a bit new here, but I have a ton of experience in the RP world. I'm a vet of both Iwaku and Figment (RIP), but it has been a couple of years since I've seriously engaged in an RP. I have a few ideas, if anyone is interested. I do prefer to play a female, but I am open to doubling up or expanding to multiple characters.

I work a full-time job, so I would expect only a couple of posts a week, but I would like those posts to be several paragraphs with decent grammar (I'm awful at commas, so I promise I'm not a grammar nazi). I also have a discord, if it's easier to chat over there. I do live in the central time zone, so keep that in mind as well.

I'll list some of my ideas below, but feel free to chime in with ideas of your own!

Pirate x Princess
Anything fated mates
Vampire King x Commoner
Anything historical (French revolution, American revolution, Wild West, Medieval fantasy)
Arranged marriage

I guess that's all for now! Happy Rping :)

P.S. I'm probably going to be a bit picky about who I choose since I don't have a ton of free time, but want to get back into RPing.

Updated June 19, 2022:

Hello, all! I'm interested in jumping back into the 1x1 world. I'm going to update what I'm interested in currently. Please don't PM me until I respond to you on this thread, it can actually get really overwhelming for me to see a bunch of private messages. If we've talked about RPing together in the past, please feel free to reach out, especially if we've spoken recently.

I use discord, so I would love if we could plot and talk over there. It's just a bit easier to respond on my phone since I have the app (and I'm more likely to remember and see the notification).

I am still working a full time job, but it's less demanding than my last one so I actually have a bit more free time and will be able to post more frequently.

Here is what I'm currently interested in:

Pirate x Princess
Anything fated mates
Vampire King x Commoner (or anything surrounding vampires)
Arranged marriage
Cottagecore/witchy vibes
REGENCY ERA

When you respond to this thread, could you please submit a writing sample and what you would be interested in? I'm also open to your own ideas! Please be 18+. I'm getting to the age where if you're under the age of 18, you're like a fetus to me, so I would feel awkward.

If I think of anything, I'll add it here!

Last edited:
*slides in* viv la republic, citezen. french revolution timeeeeeeeeee

*slides in* viv la republic, citezen. french revolution timeeeeeeeeee
Yes, please! I did a Les Mis inspired RP one time and it was soooo much fun. I think a French Rev would be equally as fun. Do you have an specific ideas concerning plot or anything? I think there are multiple different routes to take. Also, I like romance, but it doesn't have to be a focal point.

Yes, please! I did a Les Mis inspired RP one time and it was soooo much fun. I think a French Rev would be equally as fun. Do you have an specific ideas concerning plot or anything? I think there are multiple different routes to take. Also, I like romance, but it doesn't have to be a focal point.

... permit it tu? citezen, i LOVE les mis! heheheHEHEHEh

Do you want to send me a PM and we can knock out some details?

Also, not to be that person, but could you send me a writing sample too? I always like to see a person's writing style.

Hello! I would be interested in a Vampire King x commoner, maybe a medieval fantasy, Maybe a soulmate/fated rp? I'm all for any ideas as well!

I'd love to do a pirate x princess roleplay, if you are still wanting

200.gif

hey, id be interested in vampire king x commoner, witchy vibes and arranged marriage! if you’re still interested, let me know!

Hello! Just popped in to see if maybe you’d be interested in doing a Female PiratexMerman rp? 👀 I dunno why, but when I read 'pirate' I got this image floating around my head of a sort of outcast merman who is ostracized by other merpeople and so spends his time quietly assisting human boats in need, pushing people who are drowning back to their boat or adding more fish to their nets when they cant catch much. Was thinking he could get pushed into a fishing net or something and then pirates try to keep him around because of old legends saying mermaids will protect them from storms or other nonsense haha

Anyway, let me know if that would be something you’re interested in. I'm active daily, and most of my rps are in PMs here as per partner preference. I don’t use discord unfortunately, but I’m also on Iwaku under the same username if you're more active there or prefer that site.

((For context, this is the starter from a sort of romance/vigilante rp that included superpowers, wherein she lights up and flies and he controls fire))

Soarin' Sonny' had been growing in popularity for a year or so now, ever since Sonia had tried out the persona doing little hovering tricks and flips on YouTube and TikTok at the beginning. Her usual cheery, friendly nature had attracted people to her quickly, and the moments that she was 'real' with her fans about not always feeling peppy and honest about what things were easy or hard had only endeared her to them more fully. Performances, livestreams, dance tutorials, and even Get Ready With Me videos had kept her fans going, even though it was a lot of work. Lately she and Reed had been stepping it up, adding in more pyrotechnics and more tricks, having Sonia float over the audience dropping 'fairy dust' in the form of biodegradable confetti as she went, and had even hinted at beginning to pluck people from the audience to fly up in the air with her. Now, though, they were trying their hand at night shows, where the glow from Sonia's powers would let onlookers spot her in the dark as the show began.

"Almost ready? It's cold up here!"

Reed twitched at Sonia's voice, almost having forgotten he was wearing an earpiece with her on the phone since she'd been silent for the past few minutes while he helped organize the setup. It was always a quick thing, her pop-up shows, something blasted on social media just a few hours before it was supposed to happen, and sometimes not even that long. Occasionally she had scheduled performances so more could show up and see her, but she always told him that having everything happen fast and unexpected kept people wanting more, her more dedicated fans constantly refreshing feeds to make sure they didn't miss anything. Taking advantage of people wasn't something Sonia liked, but keeping attention on social media was a fickle thing.

"On schedule," he murmured back as he checked on the speakers again, and glanced around to be sure the lighting around them would work well enough, even though they'd decided it would weeks ago. "Remember not to go too high or we'll lose sight of you."

"You worry too much!" She teased, with a smile he could hear. "If I drift too far, it'll just be a glowstick show, that's all."

He rolled his eyes and just did a final sound check with Chase, someone they hired to handle technical problems like large speakers for an outdoor space rather often. Besides him, it was just Reed, Sonia, and Claire, a neighbor and friend that often came to help hand Sonia props or direct fans when they got to be involved. Everything was set, so when they were sure it was time, he did a final check on said props to be sure each had a tiny flame ready and waiting, hovering at the back of his attention, and got the phone and gimble they used for livestreams ready.

"All right," he said finally, careful to wait until he was done speaking to start the live feed, "When you're ready."

"Coming in!"

There was already a small crowd milling about in the open courtyard, the lights of an average metropolis and all the nearby buildings adequate enough for them to see by, and a round of eager cheers went up when the bright blue rings of Sonia's powers appeared in the sky atop one of the nearest buildings, ten stories up. Reed watched as she walked out, mostly a silhouette without enough light to illuminate much detail, her arms held out at her sides and wobbling along as if she were walking a tightrope that wasn't actually there. The wobble turned into a flail, and then a sudden drop that had the crowds gasping, and Reed counted seconds in his head as he trailed the camera slowly down after her. It was all a part of the act, Sonia slowing as she got near to the ground, just close enough to snag two batons out of Claire's outstretched hands, then shooting back up still upside down like she was attached to a bungee cord. Right as she started to rise, perfectly on queue, Chase started the music, and Reed ignited the small embers on the ends of the batons into full on flames that trailed behind her on her twisting ascent.

The cheering after that would've made Reed flinch if he hadn't gotten so used to it.

"Helllooo, lovelies!" Sonia's bright and cheery laugh came through the speakers over the music as she rose higher and higher, twirling a baton in each hand with no fear of the flames. So long as they belonged to Reed, she never had to worry about getting burned. "Who's ready to fly with me tonight!"

The screaming was not something Reed had ever enjoyed, but at least it meant her fans were still hooked. So long as Sonia was paying their rent, he supposed he couldn't complain. He just had to man the camera, and pay attention for the moment she would swoop down for the hoops Claire would hold up so he could ignite them as well. In the meantime, Sonia would be doing the much harder work of flying, singing, and interacting with fans.

Hello! Just popped in to see if maybe you’d be interested in doing a Female PiratexMerman rp? 👀 I dunno why, but when I read 'pirate' I got this image floating around my head of a sort of outcast merman who is ostracized by other merpeople and so spends his time quietly assisting human boats in need, pushing people who are drowning back to their boat or adding more fish to their nets when they cant catch much. Was thinking he could get pushed into a fishing net or something and then pirates try to keep him around because of old legends saying mermaids will protect them from storms or other nonsense haha

Anyway, let me know if that would be something you’re interested in. I'm active daily, and most of my rps are in PMs here as per partner preference. I don’t use discord unfortunately, but I’m also on Iwaku under the same username if you're more active there or prefer that site.

((For context, this is the starter from a sort of romance/vigilante rp that included superpowers, wherein she lights up and flies and he controls fire))

Soarin' Sonny' had been growing in popularity for a year or so now, ever since Sonia had tried out the persona doing little hovering tricks and flips on YouTube and TikTok at the beginning. Her usual cheery, friendly nature had attracted people to her quickly, and the moments that she was 'real' with her fans about not always feeling peppy and honest about what things were easy or hard had only endeared her to them more fully. Performances, livestreams, dance tutorials, and even Get Ready With Me videos had kept her fans going, even though it was a lot of work. Lately she and Reed had been stepping it up, adding in more pyrotechnics and more tricks, having Sonia float over the audience dropping 'fairy dust' in the form of biodegradable confetti as she went, and had even hinted at beginning to pluck people from the audience to fly up in the air with her. Now, though, they were trying their hand at night shows, where the glow from Sonia's powers would let onlookers spot her in the dark as the show began.

"Almost ready? It's cold up here!"

Reed twitched at Sonia's voice, almost having forgotten he was wearing an earpiece with her on the phone since she'd been silent for the past few minutes while he helped organize the setup. It was always a quick thing, her pop-up shows, something blasted on social media just a few hours before it was supposed to happen, and sometimes not even that long. Occasionally she had scheduled performances so more could show up and see her, but she always told him that having everything happen fast and unexpected kept people wanting more, her more dedicated fans constantly refreshing feeds to make sure they didn't miss anything. Taking advantage of people wasn't something Sonia liked, but keeping attention on social media was a fickle thing.

"On schedule," he murmured back as he checked on the speakers again, and glanced around to be sure the lighting around them would work well enough, even though they'd decided it would weeks ago. "Remember not to go too high or we'll lose sight of you."

"You worry too much!" She teased, with a smile he could hear. "If I drift too far, it'll just be a glowstick show, that's all."

He rolled his eyes and just did a final sound check with Chase, someone they hired to handle technical problems like large speakers for an outdoor space rather often. Besides him, it was just Reed, Sonia, and Claire, a neighbor and friend that often came to help hand Sonia props or direct fans when they got to be involved. Everything was set, so when they were sure it was time, he did a final check on said props to be sure each had a tiny flame ready and waiting, hovering at the back of his attention, and got the phone and gimble they used for livestreams ready.

"All right," he said finally, careful to wait until he was done speaking to start the live feed, "When you're ready."

"Coming in!"

There was already a small crowd milling about in the open courtyard, the lights of an average metropolis and all the nearby buildings adequate enough for them to see by, and a round of eager cheers went up when the bright blue rings of Sonia's powers appeared in the sky atop one of the nearest buildings, ten stories up. Reed watched as she walked out, mostly a silhouette without enough light to illuminate much detail, her arms held out at her sides and wobbling along as if she were walking a tightrope that wasn't actually there. The wobble turned into a flail, and then a sudden drop that had the crowds gasping, and Reed counted seconds in his head as he trailed the camera slowly down after her. It was all a part of the act, Sonia slowing as she got near to the ground, just close enough to snag two batons out of Claire's outstretched hands, then shooting back up still upside down like she was attached to a bungee cord. Right as she started to rise, perfectly on queue, Chase started the music, and Reed ignited the small embers on the ends of the batons into full on flames that trailed behind her on her twisting ascent.

The cheering after that would've made Reed flinch if he hadn't gotten so used to it.

"Helllooo, lovelies!" Sonia's bright and cheery laugh came through the speakers over the music as she rose higher and higher, twirling a baton in each hand with no fear of the flames. So long as they belonged to Reed, she never had to worry about getting burned. "Who's ready to fly with me tonight!"

The screaming was not something Reed had ever enjoyed, but at least it meant her fans were still hooked. So long as Sonia was paying their rent, he supposed he couldn't complain. He just had to man the camera, and pay attention for the moment she would swoop down for the hoops Claire would hold up so he could ignite them as well. In the meantime, Sonia would be doing the much harder work of flying, singing, and interacting with fans.
hello! omg this sounds amazing. please pm me so we can discuss more!

im also on iwaku! i just haven't been active over there in a hot minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back