• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Castle of Emergence (Overlord Roleplay)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/overlordmaruyama/images/5/50/Wiki-background/revision/latest?cb=20181230081001'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:95%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:red; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; padding:1%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:88%; border:3px solid black; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 450px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class] [class=diary] font-size:150%; background-image:url('https://cdn.inspirationhut.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lined-Paper-Texture.png'); width:90%; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; padding:1%; border:3px solid brown; color:black; border-top-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; [/class] [class=item] background-color:black; border-radius:25px; width:75%; margin:0 auto; text-align:center; color:orange; border:5px solid orange; [/class] [class=link] color:lightblue; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=a] display:inline-block; [/class]

Chapter 1

Emergence of Two Rulers

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class="Pic 1"]Hata.no.Kokoro.600.2580023.jpg[/div][div class="Pic 2" style="display:none;"]
    zF1KUm5.jpg
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    [div class=a]Kamenyo Jotamashi
    [/div]
    [div class=scroll] A room lit only by a small bit of candlelight, an unnusual decision considering all the potted plants in the room, in particular the aromatic ones that surrounded the fluffy bed crammed with pillows and stuffed animals, and sheets of lion fur (more precisely, chimera fur, but I couldn't imagine the texture was much different, it was all simulated anyway). There was a certain rustic feeling to the wooden walls, purposefully set in a way that had cracks in them and loose planks, though the bottom part was decorated with a line of craved figures of maids at work, occasionally blocked by a doll or stuffed animal resting in front of it. The floor was covered in a soft black carpet, and the ceiling by contrast had a rusty chandelier with spider webs growing on it. The room had several closets, a heavily decorated door of precious metals, and a window covered by several layers of silky curtains. I was standing at the center of it all, gazing over to a shelf crammed full of perfectly parallel books from top to bottom. Each book had a seemingly different color than either of its neighbors, though each row shared a similar style of cover decoration. One of the few anomalies though was a much thicker light blue book, seemingly decorated with dragon claws that served as the book's binding. I plucked out that book, which made the sound of a coin entering an arcade machine as it left the shelf, and a little window opened next to the item.

[div class=item][ Tome of Frozen Memories ]
    Relic-Class Item

Soul-Bound Item (bound to
    Kamenyo Jotamashi). An item used for detailed recording of information. Upon being read, nullifies memory-tampering magic for any date or information recorded on it. If another attempts to steal or read this item, they attacked with a terrible curse.[/div]

I always had a bit of curiosity regarding those words. I had never allowed anyone near the sight of this item, not even my big brother, so I had no clue what this "terrible curse" that was mentioned even was. That said, truth be told, I wasn't exactly using the item in the manner that had originally been intended for it either. You could say I was recording information on it... but it wasn't the gameplay and maps that the item was built for. I had my sights on something much better. I pulled a chair, opened the tome, and pressed into the blank page, causing the holographic keyboard to appear and a page similar to paper appear in a screen in front of me. As I pressed the keys, the words written on the page were registered in cursive, a neat little flavorful adjustment to the base settings it allowed.

[div class=diary]Dear Diary,
    today was another wonderful day. The clouds were a little closer to white I think I may even have seen a little gap in them above the broadcast central building, but it was probably just my imagination. The breeze made me a little cold, so I splurged a little time and went back home to get my scarf. It was a good thing I always try to go a little earlier to set everything up, or might've been late! If I was late they would make me stay afterwards, that really sucks, cause I wanna get home and play with big brother. 😭😭😭

There was a commoner on the way to school today. He was lying near the road, wearing some rags and a two-piece outdated mask. Probably a second-hand one at that. He was wet with water from a public toilet, covered in dirt, and his books looked like they had been used like toilet paper. Yet he still clutched to them so tightly, when he barely had the strength the drag himself along the path. Or maybe his will was simply wavering. He was kind of like a puppy abandoned in the rain. Kind of cute, right?🐶I asked the driver so stop, and tossed him a bit of bread and some money for the emergency oxygen pump. He better have used it wisely. That was an investment. Nomatter what anyone says, ESPECIALLY that annoying Mitoshima, that was abolutely NOT because he reminded me of myself!

At school today, some boys asked me for my lunch card. At first I thought they were asking to have lunch with me, but the insisted I give my card to them. What were they, middle school bullies? I gave it to them. It was really hard to hold back my laughter when they were taken away by the private police. He was crying and covered in snot like a baby! 😂🤣🤣LOL, who just asks for someone's money like that? How stupid do you have to be to not know I can just contact my bank, freeze the account, and set up security measures? LOL even though he said that I was the dry meat, he seems to know even less about the world of wealth than I do.

Aaaaah, I wanted to see big bro and tell him all about it so bad! I still do... Nah, nah, gotta keep writing, gotta keep writing.

Uh, what else... Oh yeah, I didn't tell dad about the shutdown today. Errr...daddy. I think he prefers I call him that. More importantly, I probably won't get time to spend with brother Hraen today. Stupid devs and updates! 😡They're even going to take away the build I painstakenly crafted! 😒They didn't patch those world items did they? So why would they care about balance anyway? Enough to shut the game down for almost half a day, which just happens to be the half a day I'M not around! Urgh, what a waste... 🙄 But it does give me a chance to work on new builds and talk about things with brother, so I guess I can still salvage the situation...a little...

Anyway, I shouldn't keep him waiting anymore. That concludes today's first entry! I'll make the second before I go to bed, like usual. Hopefully the game will come back before then... I would hate to forget about the things I wanna write. >.<
    [/div]

I smiled to myself as I swiped left to erase the keyboard, and thus close the recording function. I then closed the tome, shoved it back into the shelf, and nuzzled a bit against the picture of Hraefn on the wall, before hiding it underneath a poster again and heading for the door.

In sharp contrast with the calming silence of the room, the outside immediately met me with the sound of cracking thunder and heavy rain. The light of the candle and the barely visible moonlight from the windows were the only things bringing any light into the medieval-esque long tone corridor with a single purple carpet that followed the corridor's trail even as it split. From there on out it would continue to split, twist and turn, set up traps and the like, so that any intruders would get lost and separated in this maze. I, on the other hand, seeing how I was the owner of this place, had the means to get to easily find the path to wherever I wanted to go in it. I raised an open palm.

"Map." The screen immediately displayed the map of the current floor of the Castle of Laputa. Ah, those were times. Fighting by brother's side (and the rest of the guild's), doing our best to conquer the castle, and in the end even getting a whole floor to design all by myself. I was, without question, most proud of the work I had done with it too. Not just the design of the floor itself either, but also it's inhabitants, like [div class="link b"]the horned girl[/div] with about my current body's height that marched in front of me as she did her usual rounds through the floor. She was programmed to spend most of her time patrolling the parts of the floor near the most important rooms and the entrance, but occasionally make a stop in the small garden to play. She was an adorable little thing, after all. I smiled. "Good job today again, Defem."[/color]

I patted the girl's head, though I knew her expression wouldn't change. She didn't even stop, just kept walking in place like an old video game NPC hitting a wall and not having the capabilities to get unstuck. I was once again reminded though...

"She's also going to have to be fixed." I commented to myself with a sigh. Today's patch was going to remove the ability for different racial trees to coexist within a certain character. I was a doppelganger, a ghost and a slime, so my build was going to have to be fixed. Defem Volantes here was a dragonnoid, vampire, doppelganger homunculous, as she was meant to be an experiment with all kinds of powerful races mixed in in her lore. I wondered if I should change her lore after the patch? I'd think about it then. The focus for now would be the plans I had for redisigning the NPCs after the update, which I was on my way to sharing with big brother Hfraen now.

...​

"Big bro, I'm heeeeere!" I pushed the doors open and lept across the throne room, but my voice echoed into an empty space. Where did he go? I looked at my hand, and pressed my Lost Lover's Ring. An overall map of the castle appeared, with the ping indicating the ring's target being placed right on top of the castle. I grinned to myself, and lept out one of the windows. As I felt the air flutter against my pumpkin skirt and square-pattern-wool dress, my body began to melt into itself, growing a tail and a pair of horns as it assumed the shape of Defem, then it grew further into the shape of her dragon form. This would normally cause one to go berserk, but thaks to another ring item I possessed, I could nullify such drawbacks. I majestically flew upwards with my wings and when I spotted my brother again, I returned to my original shape while landing next to him. "Big brother! Hey big brother, can I sit on your lap today? Since we won't be seeing each other for a few hours, and I already missed you so much at college today... So, pretty please? Just while we talk about the maintenance maybe?"

I gave him a good ol'pair of the puppy eyes.

Kokoro Kamenyo render.png
    [/div][/div]
    [/div]

Tags: BladesofValkyrie BladesofValkyrie

[script class=a on=mouseenter] hide Pic hide pic show 1 [/script] [script class=b on=mouseenter] hide Pic hide pic show 2 [/script]

Last edited:

• How annoying...

A sight escaped pink plush lips, parting them ever so slightly to reveal shark teeth that pulled the lower lip in, biting it. 'Did they really have to update the entire class system?' He wondered to himself as he flicked through a myriad of holographic screens, each littered with information. It was bothersome that he had to save the data of each of his NPCs, especially when very few of them even had builds that crossed racial classes. Hraefn had always thought the system dumb anyway... well, maybe that was a little hypocritical of him, his build was entirely made of high-level classes that should have never been allowed to work together - all hinging on a single unreleased skill from the discarded job class, Arcane Knight, later reworked to the Arcane Warrior job class - and he'd be practically the only one on the server not to lose his build. Ah, he loved being a debug tester.

He gave a light laugh to himself as he copied the last of the data from one of his 'bodyguards,' Nocturne. Nocturne was his only debug creation in the guild and was thus kept a secret. Really, his only role was working alongside two other NPCs during his Master of the Nine Realms event, so the three of them weren't even known to his sister. They consisted of the tank/secondary support, Karna, a goliath lycanthrope, the primary support/secondary DPS, Kyu, a Tenko Priestess - both of them had been created using exploits rather than debug, and the primary DPS/jack of all trades, Nocturne, who held a very similar build to Hraefn himself. The three of them usually stood at attention when he arrived, though he had given them a set of actions catered to relaxing while off duty. Though they seemed to always be in the same spots when he arrived, Kyu praying while Karna and Nocturne spent time together. Hraefn wondered if his coding wasn't up to par, but he couldn't do much for it when he couldn't ask for help with them. Whatever... he shouldn't be concerned with what Non-Playable Characters did with their time. He'd really played too much.

The room itself was large, an open plan apartment of sorts, though without an exit, the walls holding only a lone window that appeared as a wall on the outside. Sunlight streamed over a small pool of a hot bath - cleaned by water elementals and hidden by screens. The walls were a deep sapphire, the floors a cool grey, lit by many candelabras affixed to the three walls. A vanity up to one wall, splitting the two doors that led to bedrooms for his creations. A dining table stood to the other side of the room than the pool, four plush chairs tucked into the set dark grey table. Various amenities lined the other walls. Hraefn hummed to himself in thought as he looked them over.

Maybe it would be good for him to spend some time outside of YGGDRASIL, get away from his constant playing and spend more than three hours sleeping outside of it. He'd already decided, if Kyohi weren't available, he'd sleep the update away. Or, he supposed he'd be spending it with his father as he did every maintenance. No doubt he'd been informed of it.

Lazily swiping a finger through the air, Hraefn opened his inventory screen, the equipment tab already selected. He pulled up a second to switch into some more casual clothing - Divine, as always - unequipping his regular armor in the process. Most important of it, he removed Nidhogg's Viel, his main World Item that not even he knew the real power of. He never used his debug menu on it, never felt the need when it was far more exciting learning the ins and outs of it through trial and error.

He finally closed the screen, having successfully finished copying over the data. 'That was the final one,' he repeated to himself, 'no more standing around and waiting today.' It had taken six hours to complete his backup of all of his NPCs, in fact, it had taken so long that the guild had gotten attacked during it. Of course, he just spawned a few 'World Items' and was done with it. He could have just as quickly taken care of it without them, he had the spells and abilities to take on twenty players by his lonesome, but he didn't want any more rumors circulating about him. Sometimes he wondered if he should use his debug menu less when he was alone, but then what was the point of having it? He played the actual game mostly without it, so there should be no problem, he decided.

Closing out of his tabs, he stretched out his virtual body after finishing his repetitive job, a reflex he'd learned from other people. As he straightened back out, he pulled up his console to cast 'Greater Teleportation.' Usually, he'd head back to the throne room to wait for his sister around this time, but he had another plan, for the time being, after all, he'd be bed bound for the next couple of hours. He wanted to enjoy the sights as he waited for his precious little sister to arrive. Maybe they could complete a quest before the shutdown began. Though, that was unlikely with the question of her arrival still hanging in the air.

The world around him changed as his spell activated, shifting from a semi-modern apartment to a beautiful sight. Below his feet were the shingles of the palace's roof, though it still felt as though he were soaring like the guild base. He always loved that spot the best, the view of the blue sky above him, a healthy forest below, there was nothing better. Not to mention, it was the perfect spot for a chat, he was sure Kyohi would be okay with the place. She'd chat about her day or his just the same as she would in the throne room. He doubted she could find a reason the spot was bad, even if she preferred the throne room. It'd probably be a one-off anyway.

His cape billowed in the wind, even as he settled himself down to sit on the roof. He could almost feel the chill, though perhaps that was from roleplaying too heavily earlier in the day. Ah, he liked it, so he didn't think it a problem. Hraefn brought his knees closer to his chest on impulse, looking out into the sky and losing himself to the clouds. They entranced him so... he didn't notice the notification of his sister logging in, nor a developer's reminder that his build would remain untouched - likely to keep his father's wrath from the company.

His head was only pulled from the fluffy white clouds when his sister called out to him, immediately drawing his attention, as it would to any good older brother. He gave her a smile emote as she drew closer, laughing playfully as she tried her pleading routine as if she needed it. He straightened back out, unfolding to give her a place to sit. "Of course you can, you need only ask!" He sent another joy emote. "Can't get that pretty outfit dirty, now can we?" He joked, dirt not being a system in the game. He liked to pretend, though, pretend that he was really living in a world he could move. Hraefn patted his lap invitingly. "I'd love to hear about your day first!"
    [/scroll]

Tags: Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=Top] [/class] [class=Back] background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/overlordmaruyama/images/5/50/Wiki-background/revision/latest?cb=20181230081001'); background-size:100%; background-attachment:fixed; border:8px solid black; border-top-right-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; width:93%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=Text] width:95%; margin:0 auto; border:4px solid black; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); color:red; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-right-radius:25px; padding:1%; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Pic] border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:88%; border:3px solid black; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; height: 450px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:50px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class] [class=diary] font-size:150%; background-image:url('https://cdn.inspirationhut.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lined-Paper-Texture.png'); width:90%; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; padding:1%; border:3px solid brown; color:black; border-top-left-radius:25px; border-bottom-left-radius:25px; [/class] [class=item] background-color:black; border-radius:25px; width:75%; margin:0 auto; text-align:center; color:orange; border:5px solid orange; [/class] [class=link] color:lightblue; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=a] display:inline-block; [/class]

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class="Pic 1"]Hata.no.Kokoro.600.2239061.jpg[/div][div class="Pic 2" style="display:none;"]
    zF1KUm5.jpg
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    [/div]
    [div class=scroll] "I'd lay all my dresses in the mud to let you walk over it without getting dirty big bro." I stuck it out my tongue. It did feel a little childish to call him that, but I didn't mind too much. The great thing about games was being what you aren't, right? Like a ghost or a doppelganger or a succubus, instead of a plain old human being... like being just a little sister, instead of a part-time working college student. I opened my ability list in a hurry and disabled the [ Weakening Touch ] passive skill (well, it's not like that was a normal thing one could do, but I had made some uh... "stealthed modifications" to allow me to touch big bro without harming him), then sent out an excited emoji while throwing my arms up in the air and waving them around a bit. "Yay! Thank you, thank you!"

I quickly ran up to him and turned around, readying a leap backwards onto his lap.

"Leeeeroy Jeeenkiiins!" I shouted as I actually took the leap giggling.

Aaaaah, what bliss! I could just fall asleep right here! No, let me stay right here forever! I knew I couldn't though, so I would at least enjoy it while it lasted. I nested big bro's limbs and chest, comfortably snuggling closer to them. I even tugged on his arms in an attempt to pull his hands towards my head. How comfy... I wondered if his "real" form even had any arms. Well, it didn't really matter either way, since he was staying in this form for now. We could not even didn't talk about anything, I'd be fine just hanging out like that for a while... but that would probably be boring for big bro. I had to wonder why he didn't want to talk about the game when it was so precious to him. Come to think of it, he did spend his whole time here.

"The world isn't very fun out there, but being stuck here is like a big punishment too, huh. It's a really fun place, but to never get to see the other one..." I concluded, clutching my fingers on big bro's clothes. It was just so sad to think about. Oh, I know! "Yeah, I'll tell you about something fun big bro! You know what, today there were these bullies at school, and they tried taking my lunch credit card, so I gave it to them and then froze the account. It was really funny when they realized my prank hahaha. Don't you think it was really funny? Hahaha!"

More! I needed more!

"Don't worry, I still had a good lunch after that. I had Mitoshima bring me some take-out burgers, with salad too! My classmates were pretty jelly hehe. And uhm...and uhm... Oh, today we experimented playing with the nanobots in class, seeing how they reacted to different stimuli in the tank! They were really cute, swimming around in a big group whenever we gave them a little electric discharge, they were like pidgeons from granpa's old footage! Oh, and now that I think about it, today we played as an ochestra in my violin class! I secretly recorded it, too!" I opened up my menu, and and used the nano-side input to insert a new command for the nanomachines in my brain. I winked thrice with my right eye, this being the trigger to opening the source code menu, from which I could access my keyboard commands even in the virtual reality. I digged a little, changed some numbers, aaaaand...sent! A message should appear in big brother Hraefn's screen at any moment now. "Just remember that it's for not to open now, ok? No opening it right away! Like uh...like Christmas! You don't open presents on christmas until everyone is gathered around, right? In this case, it's kind of backwards. I thought you might be a little lonely or bored when the server goes down for the maintenance, so I wanted to give you that for...you know, so you can watch it then!"

There was a "ding" sound when the message appeared in Hraefn's screen:

[div class=item]Message: [ Violinlesson/everyonerecord.mp4 ] acquired.
    [/div]

I twidled my thumbs a little, cheeks also a little red.

"I, I made it so it would stick to you even if you're not in any game, I put it directly in your neural-nano interface, so you can watch it anytime during the next month. So you can watch it during the server shutdown...is what I'm saying, I guess."

I sent him a blushing emoji.

"You know big bro...I love it here. I get to do all of these weird things, and escape from college and all that.. More importantly, I have you here. but you're always stuck here, aren't you? In the virtual place. You were even playing Yggdrasil long before I ever came here. So, I mean... why do you love this place so much? If you're always here, why aren't you bored and tired of it already?" I couldn't believe I was asking that, but frankly I was more ashamed that I hadn't asked that question before. Or at least.... not in way too long. Not since when we first met...

kokoro-kamenyo-render-png.643318
    [/div][/div]
    [/div]

[script class=a on=mouseenter] hide Pic hide pic show 1 [/script] [script class=b on=mouseenter] hide Pic hide pic show 2 [/script]

Last edited:

• [class=item]
    background-color:black;
    border-radius:25px;
    width:75%;
    margin:0 auto;
    text-align:center;
    color:orange;
    border:5px solid orange;
    [/class]
    Laughing pleasantly, Hraefn shook his head at Kamenyo's eagerness. "Then I suppose I'll have to buy you a thousand more," He decided while she was fussing around with her menu. He stayed silent as she worked through it and only laughed again when she threw herself into his lap with such enthusiasm. Really, why did she think he was so special? Though he didn't actually mind the attention from someone other than his father.

Opting to ignore the first thing she said, he pat her on the head as she spoke, listening raptly to her story, nodding along to the details. He commented every once in a while. "Very funny, I'd have loved to see it." "Burgers? I hear those are super tasty. Ah, I'm jealous..." "I've seen vids of it, nanobots are really cute. Not as adorable as my little sister, but still." "Oh, really? I loved those videos."

Hraefn continued to wait patiently as his little sister searched through her files. Really though, he couldn't help but think she should have kept her lunch card. It was much safer that way, even with their security measures. He wasn't angry or disappointed, just worried. It wasn't like anyone could do anything against them, they were practically royalty among royalty. Though Hraefn didn't know what relationship she and their parents held - to his knowledge, she was brought in as a spare in case their elder sister didn't or couldn't become the new head of the family - he did know that with one word from him, his father could and would utterly annihilate anyone that displeased him. That included someone who hurt his dear younger sister that kept Hraefn company when the eldest Takahashi couldn't.

Ding.

The small chime brought him out of his thoughts and back to the virtual reality. He read the notification.

[div class=item]Message: [ Violinlesson/everyonerecord.mp4 ] acquired.​

"I'll be sure to watch it during the maintenance, even if father wants me to speak with him," Hraefn promised with a smile emote, holding his pinky finger in the air to prove it as a promise he'd keep.

The next question floored him. He'd expected Kamenyo to ask how his day was or what he planned to do during the shutdown. Hraefn had no way of predicting she'd ask him something so serious.

Though he supposed his original answer wasn't satisfactory.

Why did he stay here?

"Freedom." He had said.

Hraefn took a breath, trying to gather his thoughts to give a proper answer, a satisfactory one. "It's... freeing, being here. Every time I leave this world, I'm reminded that there's nothing for me in the real one. I'm... I'm just a parasite to this family. I give nothing to it, I just drain money and resources. I've implemented policies that take away from profit just for the common folk. I'm really the worst son this family could have..." He paused for a second, looking up at the sky. It was so blue. "But here? Here I'm a working citizen that helps people enjoy life. I get to run, fly, explore, do anything I want. I can help people without the bindings of my station. I'm a hero. I help people, I kill the bad guys, I can do anything I want." If he could cry in this world. "There's so much freedom in YGGDRASIL, I can do whatever I want. There are so many choices, so much to do, so much to see. It's... I... I just... I wish I could stay here forever, you know? I want to play with people, help people. I love it so much." He dropped his gaze to his sister, sending another smile emote. "But most of all, I get to spend time with you, doing whatever we want. I can't do that in the real world. All I can do is lay there while people take care of me. I don't ever want that with you."

He closed his eyes. "I'm your big brother, after all, right? I should be the one looking after you."

He went silent for a beat.

"I'm sorry your brother is such a failure."
    [/div]

Tags: Idea Idea

• [div class=top]
    [/div][div class=Back]
    [div class="Pic 1"]
    hata-no-kokoro-600-2239061-jpg.644257
    [/div][div class="Pic 2" style="display:none;"]
    zF1KUm5.jpg
    [/div]

[div class=Text]
    [/div]
    [div class=scroll] "You're wrong, you're wrong big bro! You are nothing like that! You aren't useless or a parasyte at all!" I clutched her pants and turned to him swiftly. It hurt...It hurt seeing him look down on himself like that, as if he really was any of the things he was claiming to be. But no, that was wrong, so wrong! Maybe his body was weak, but so what, why should that matter? He was so smart, and so kind, so what we had lost some profits with policies he tried to implement? I was in those places once, eating dried meat every good day (days when we weren't fed the second-rate nutrient capules), occasionally fighting to lick the candy from someone's shoe after they stepped on it, knowing even if I escaped I would never be able to go far. Questioning whether someone would even remember me if I did... even when mommy and daddy came, when she dragged me out to meet them, what kind of expressions had those even been? Weren't they supposed to have been taking care of me? Why were their lips twisted like that as they threw me away? Why did I not even get a goodbye party like the other kids? What were they all so afraid of after all? Yeah, that's right. I smiled at big brother Hraefn and spoke without falter, drowning those doubts into the background of my head. That was what I was supposed to do, right? "Just look at me big brother! Our sis is healthy, and she's smart too! Why would they get a replacement for her if they planned on making her the head? That would make no sense! What if they want you at the helm big brother? You have been learning a lot here! Not just school stuff, but also about leadership and all those things. But since you have a weak body, you would need someone in case something happened. Doesn't that make more sense as for why I am here? Plus,you know uh... uh... there are some other kids, who have conditions like yours. I've seen some of them abandoned. One of my classmates got his fortune from becoming a heir after their parents abandoned them at the hospital. It's really easy, making a patient 'go away' when there is money covering the tracks. But mommy and daddy still take care of you, don't they? They still give you stuff and money, because they want to. They don't think you are a parasyte and nether do I! You makes us very happy!"

I couldn't tell him. Maybe even that was saying a bit too much. I knew he was no parasyte, that whether he knew it or not, he did have an impact out there, but I couldn't tell him how I was always thinking of him. I couldn't tell him that I got through my day always thinking of the stories I could tell, or the raid were going to do, or what we might make together... My big brother, my great big bro, he was a true hero to me ever since that day, I would never forget it.

~~~~Flashback~~~~​

Such dark faces. I wondered what those grins meant. Were they happy or sad inside? The emojis said they were happy...some of them were angry... Maybe that was why I was pushed to the groun-

"OI, FREAK! ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?" I flinched at the screaming from that armored guy. Other than the helmet, there wasn't an inch of him that wasn't legendary class items. The one with te pointy ears and dressed in a ragged attire crafted from the pelts of some wolf monster walked over to his friend with bared sharpened canines and patted his back while laughing.

"Haha! You sounded just like the boss today! Next time you should grow a mustache first though." He then looked over to me, and shrugged as he pulled out his knife. "Sorry kiddo -if you even are a kiddo, really- but that's just how things turned out. There's no penalties for beating down your kind in this game, but I guess you didn't realize that or something. Let me tell you something true now..."

He approached me, and whispered into my ear about how horrible dying in this game was, and how you felt all this pain and fought back but were swallowed by a darkness, how my character would even be deleted cause I was so low-level. He stabbed a knife right next to me, causing me to jump in place. My breathing was fast, I was looking in all directions in hopes for some kind of option for saving myself... and as my eyes darted around, I saw that option launched into the air...

~~~Flashback Over~~​

That day, I was rescued by blackened purity, and by my big brother. I lied to him that day,but he took me for who I was, even when he found out about my deception. Now I looked down, ending my reminiscing, and getting back on my normal sitting position on his lap. I couldn't resist a little giggle.

"You are right...also right about something though, big bro: Yggdrasil is a wonderful place, such a free place. We can create so many things, be things we want to be. But, big brother, I am always relying on you so much here. It's still so sad, because there is so much for you to see out there! Not for very long, but I still wish, no I promise I'll help you big brother! I'll uh, build a robot or something! So that you can see through it, and walk around in the world... Well, I mean it wouldn't be YOU you... butI'm sure we can think of something to make it more realistic, more like this place for you! The world isn't pretty, it's really ugly, but I'll help you see it one day! Feel it, experience it! You've already done so much for me, helped me be welcome in this wonderful place..."

I realized, things were going to change a lot, weren't day? A big brother was going to be deprived of this wonderful place for a few hours today, and for what? Just so they could take our things away?

"Alright, I've decided." If it was going to take away big brother's things, then I wasn't going to stand by it. I stood up with determination, then opened my source window again, and reached into the backend door to one of the great guardians, a GM-only character that typically remained as a statue as a reminder to properly follow the rules, as if the GMs were always watching. So, naturally, I hacked into it to attempt to stop the shutdown.

kokoro-kamenyo-render-png.643318
    [/div][/div]
    [/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back