• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Image result for Meliodas spear throw to tower gif

I finally identified my problem with Tolkien's writing style, and while it won't help me get through his books (😭😭) I can now at least explain why, and I don't know why this makes me so happy
Like, I'm not stupid, there's an identifiable problem here for me

What's your problem with his writing style?
It's also the reason I dislike non-fiction tbh - a lot of information written in a very dense manner just makes my brain go "Error 404". I either blank out and end up staring hopelessly at it or I think I'm doing fine and then I read something and I'm like "Wait, who's this character?" and I read back and realise I completely missed the introduction of something and I have no idea what the hell is going on
Either it's the ADHD or I'm just dumb

I think a lot of people have a similar problem.
Yeah, It seems pretty common and I've only just realised that that's the issue after crying to Athanas about how indecipherable I find the DND handbooks. I was saying why I find them so difficult and it was just like "Oh. Oh. That's my problem with Tolkien!! Finally, I can put it into words!"

20200826_085111.jpg

^ Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Avari is stuck in the doldrums. We must rescue her! Admiral Tetrosius, fly the Queen's colors, if you please. Miss Sylvie, unfurl topgallants! Full speed ahead!

Damn. But hey, at least we get to hear from ya mom. We missed you :(((

The last few weeks have been ROUGH let me tell you. Christ. I haven't exactly been lucid - was finally allowed home yesterday.

Everyone in my shop got it. >_> I got it the worst so that was delightful.

I'll put a post out later to check who is still around and we can continue hopefully this week if everyone is game.

The last few weeks have been ROUGH let me tell you. Christ. I haven't exactly been lucid - was finally allowed home yesterday.

Everyone in my shop got it. >_> I got it the worst so that was delightful.

I'll put a post out later to check who is still around and we can continue hopefully this week if everyone is game.
That sucks. But hey, more time with us!
Here, have some kale from my farm! It ain't much, but hopefully it makes u feel better lulz.
20200827_095839.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm back after... Delightful issues.

Could I just get a tag from everyone who is still around/interested in continuing the RP?

Refaulted Refaulted
NoQuillToLive NoQuillToLive
Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
koala koala
IG42 IG42
UltrAiron UltrAiron
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
MagicPenguin MagicPenguin
Kent Kent
Corvid15 Corvid15
Athanas Athanas
WillfulWren WillfulWren

I'll try to sort myself out this week and make story adjustments as needed.

Apologies if I missed you.
Always shipshape and Bristol fashion 'til the end! I already pre-ordered Being Human Remastered, can't and won't back out now.

Literal worst case scenario is I can provide a plot summary of what was going to happen and then start BH I guess lmao

But I'd rather noooottttttttt

Literal worst case scenario is I can provide a plot summary of what was going to happen and then start BH I guess lmao

But I'd rather noooottttttttt
Lulz. But we can't just skip the rest of the prequels ~
It's the yearning for the sweet spot that makes it good. Can't just go straight into the stuffing without exploring the cheesy crust!

Looks like most have moved on. Bum. Understandable though lol

I'll check back tomorrow, if there's no one else I can provide I plot summary of how things were gonna go down if anyone was interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back