• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern By Choice or Aloiss Interest Check | Supervillain Roleplay [Still Accepting!]

Damafaud

Kitty
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200129095236-weather-art-illustration-seattle.jpg

Welcome to Aloiss. Now stay out of my territory.

You're new here? Well here's the Coda. Follow it to the spirit and you'll be peachy with half of everyone in this god damn city. I don't care how big of a shit you're back in your rural village or whatever you call home. Here you follow the Coda or live seven feet under. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Villain Coda

Law Of Villains 1:
You shall not trust a hero for a hero only performs for the upper echelons of society. You will be discarded or turned on for the rich and able. Since you’re a Villain down here in Aloiss then you’ve probably lost enough to realize this.

Law of Villains 2:
When given the choice a villain will only seek out other villains help if they are a part of the same Villainous Faction. Don’t feel that you are owed any help simply by virtue of being on the same side of the law. MAKE YOUR PLACE. Unlike the blind sheep of the Heroes, Villains know what’s up. You give your loyalty to a select few.

Law of Villains 3:
Villains are only out there trying to do what’s been put in their hearts! Don’t look down on another faction’s specific area of crime. Keep your opinions to yourself and everything stays peachy. No seriously stop with these damn faction wars in the streets we’re losing territory to the heroes thanks to infighting. TURN AWAY IF YOU CAN’T STOMACH ANOTHER FACTION.
Also guys seriously get the fuck out of Foul Ones’ way unless you're fucking suicidal or a lunatic. Don't mess with those guys.

Law of Villains 4:
Heroes are the scum of the earth. They are the ones that will kill you and destroy your family if you let them. They only ever do anything to gain something so don’t fall into their traps! Anyone seeking to help said dastards will be hanged in the square. So don’t fucking do that! Snitches get stitches, mutilation, and torturous death.

Law of Villains 5:
Life sucks and then you die. Don’t die. Bring down the world with you. Make them remember the city they’ve forgotten.​

...you said you ain't no Villain? Doesn't matter. You're better off keeping the Coda in mind since you're in this part of the city. Only place you can disregard it is Western District. Seeing you here in this dingy bar means you aren't one of those crazy rich motherfuckers. Tough luck, kid. Villains rule the land here, but don't think they're the worst of the bunch.

Heroes will kill you for staring at them wrong. You better think twice before asking them for help cause they ain't cheap. Might get you into debt worse than the time you enter college. Not that there's any here. We have enough troubles without fraternities running around.

Anyway, drinks on me tonight. Why? Shit, I don't know, kid. Maybe I had a rough day of work and want a listening ear in this crime nest of a bar- you better move aside. That's where Steel Steal likes to throw annoying costumer and he throws hard.

...what do you mean what my job is? I'm a cop. You never saw a cop uniform before?

Of course I'm not stopping that gunfight over there. Where do you think this is, New York? I'm not moving a finger until the boss tell me to do shits. Not like I can do much with all these Supers around. You want some uppers? I got some from Steel Steal last week.

Spare me the judgmental stare, kid. Cops need to eat as well. At least you don't see me forcing girls down. Welcome to Aloiss, kid. Better get used to this.

---------------

Welcome to Aloiss! Aloiss is a city located on an unspecified location within America along the East Coast on 2020. The streets are ruled by Villains and the Heroes are so corrupt you will find Africa's bureaucrat employees not so bad in comparison. This will be a Super Villain RP where you try to survive the harsh city that is Aloiss as one of the many Villains. This will be an open-ended roleplay set in the city, so having a goal and motivation for your characters is necessary for application. This roleplay can be all punchy-punchy whacky fighty or politicking sneaking hiding plotting depending on how you go at it.

As your character grows, completes goals, and do stuff, changes will happen to the city too, especially if you get to be one of the big guns. I'll be more happy if the players are involved in the development of Aloiss and try to bring changes to the city since I hate lore building.

Overall, I'm looking for players who:​
  • Want to play people on the path of crimes for one reason or another​
  • Want to play people with superpowers and have fun with it (why are you here if you don't like it)​
  • Know how to roleplay more than one-liner -- or even better -- roleplay with details.​
  • Can post once a week​
  • Are not a godmodding, powergaming, Mary Sue owner asshead​
  • Are okay with using Discord as an OOC​

With all said and done, this is my first RP to GM so don't go too hard on me. I'll cry.
Links:
To IC
To OOC
To Character Sheet
To Lore Page

Last edited:
I am intrigued! There's sociopolitical subtext!

I am immediately inclined to play an anarchist supervillain with a strong code of ethics but no respect for the laws of what he considers a corrupt and unjust state.

I like this setting a lot, a supervilain rp where vilains aren't vilain just because they're vilains. I have ideas for powers and may have some for character's background and personality

I am intrigued! There's sociopolitical subtext!

I am immediately inclined to play an anarchist supervillain with a strong code of ethics but no respect for the laws of what he considers a corrupt and unjust state.
I honestly only want to go play supervillains but the play on social condition is there haha

That sounds interesting already! He will have a fine time going against the Heroes and fellow Villains since not everyone is high on moral lel

I like this setting a lot, a supervilain rp where vilains aren't vilain just because they're vilains. I have ideas for powers and may have some for character's background and personality
Welcome aboard!

I'll need to ponder powers, but my initial thought is that my villain grew up poor but got lucky enough to go to college.
Further poverty, injustice, and a dash of political radicalization meant when he got powers, he turned to various revolutionary efforts.
So his early villainous career involved wrecking bank records so it couldn't be proven who owed loans or mortagages, to get people off the hook. Also breaking non-violent offenders out of prison, protecting strikers...
When he does steal, he steals exclusively from the rich and redistributes some of the taking into the community where he's based.

Wow, super interested! I've had a lot of itchings to play supervillains lately. I already have a few vague character ideas for this setting~

Would a cybernetically enhanced Individual be an acceptible character? They wont have insane proton cannons or anything just be kinda like a more advanced terminator Robocop fusion. Damafaud Damafaud

Just finished reading the lore, for someone who says hating worldbuilding that's awesome !

My power idea was my guy being able to absorb the energy of harmony and order/feed on entropy. He degrades his environment including living beings, bigger the target is, longer it takes to absord its energy and the hardest it is to do so.
He can use this energy to heal his body and to enhance his physical capacities. The more energy he has absorbed, the more he can heal or enhance himself.
To heal himself, his body mutates to incorporate what harmed it, potentially making him resistant to it, sometimes granting him an ability. When the wound isn't too serious, the mutation dissipates. But when it is a life-threatening harm, or a very serious wound, the mutation is permanent.

Maybe that's too OP ? I can set strict limits to the extent of his power if so

I may not be a good fit for this one, actually.
I might make a character, see how it goes, and kill them dramatically if it's not working.

I'm interested. Quick question, are robots allowed?

I'm interested but I'm worried I won't be able to keep up literacy wise ;; I believe I can definitely do more than one liners though

Would a cybernetically enhanced Individual be an acceptible character? They wont have insane proton cannons or anything just be kinda like a more advanced terminator Robocop fusion. Damafaud Damafaud
Hm, I'd like to keep the technology level at modern time but I'll accept futuristic technology made through Powers. Like the tinkertech in Worm, if you get me. I like the idea of that, though.

I'm interested. Quick question, are robots allowed?
Same answer! I'm not too keen on highly advanced AI running around since something high profile like it will probably become national news, but more tolerant if it's related to a Power.

Last edited:
Just finished reading the lore, for someone who says hating worldbuilding that's awesome !

My power idea was my guy being able to absorb the energy of harmony and order/feed on entropy. He degrades his environment including living beings, bigger the target is, longer it takes to absord its energy and the hardest it is to do so.
He can use this energy to heal his body and to enhance his physical capacities. The more energy he has absorbed, the more he can heal or enhance himself.
To heal himself, his body mutates to incorporate what harmed it, potentially making him resistant to it, sometimes granting him an ability. When the wound isn't too serious, the mutation dissipates. But when it is a life-threatening harm, or a very serious wound, the mutation is permanent.

Maybe that's too OP ? I can set strict limits to the extent of his power if so
That sounds like an interesting power. Post a CS and then we can discuss limitations and such. I'm also preferring the feed on entropy over a type of energy only your character will have

I'm interested but still recovering from an injury that affected my head so I'm kind of hesitant because I am mentally empty right now but I'm gonna keep my eye on this

And what if I don't want to use powers for my CS?

One without a power or powers. Doesn't mean he might not have a superpowered weapon. Just a human.

One question before I continue my sheet, my character has a symbiote that gave her powers, shadow powers. Are symbiotes allowed in this RP? I would like to know before I post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back