• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Brothers at war {wolf pack}

Feeble Peach

Brothers at War

The moon was at its highest, illuminating the ground in a spotlight, its gaze focused on a scene that unfolded. Fur flew and the sound of teeth clashing echoed through the air, onlookers cringed and lowered their heads as they watched everything pan out. They couldn't get involved, it was not their fight to win no matter how much any of them wanted to. All they could do was watch. Loud growls ruffled all of their fur, they could feel the dominance each brother oozed out and it out them on edge. Everyone secretly rooted for whoever they believed would make a better alpha. A familiar metallic scent filled the air as blood spilt, soaking and matting the fur of each brother. The two were in a frenzy, each trying to overpower one another with the same training they had both received. Yet they were two sides of the same coin, where one used their brute strength, the other used speed and a strategic approach to the fight. They were no match for each other and it was clear they were growing tired, their moves slowed and the two backed up, slowly circling each other, eyes not leaving their opponent. A silence now loomed through the clearing, a tense

"We must stop this brother," one growled out in a breathless voice, his chest heaved and his brother's blood dropped from his maw, staining the fresh grass beneath them. The other snapped his jaws in response, shaking his head with a fiery determination in his eyes. His rippling muscles ached but he would fight to the death if it meant getting what was rightfully his, "I will not back down, alpha is my rightful place."

The two never came to an agreement and the pack was forced to split, becoming two weaker packs instead of the one they used to thrive as.
44c84791d1f1fc34004921d613e2cf46.jpg

××××

Two brothers at war with each other, their father; alpha passed unexpectedly, leaving them to decide who was to rule. Yet with both feeling deserving of the title they were forced to split into two, their packs stuck in the crossfire with no way to escape. Once a pack of unity, respect and power divided by the two sons of their late alpha, both desperate to have the power all to themselves. A large territory they all once thrived in was now split into two, members being separated from their family and friends without a choice in the matter. Loyalty binding them to obey their alphas no matter the cost to them. Going against them would mean treason, a crime punishable by death, these brothers were not to be reckoned with.

Each side now lacked certain resources the other flourished in which only added to the resentment that built more and more between them. One one side, prey flourished and there was never a hungry belly that couldn't be filled. On the other side there was plenty of shelter and den space and with winter soon approaching it was hard to say which side pulled the better straw. With the brothers at each other's throats, trying to get one or the other to step down, the rest of their members were rushing to get preparations in order to survive the winter, both sides needing to get ahead of time. It was a struggle but they wouldn't stop until they knew their families were safe. Some were brave enough to sneak resources to each other's borders, supplying food and nesting material to their family and friends on each side. Getting caught was a risk they were all willing to take if it meant they may see their loved ones again.

Will the brothers ever see eye to eye and do what's best for their packs? What deserstation will the winter bring? Only time will tell, devastation and destruction lurks around the corner.

××××

Blue moon pack
2014-07-20-06.jpg

The Blue Moon pack is situated on the west side of the once complete territory, mostly clearings and meadows with a small lake surrounded by rocks that is used as a den site. It doesn't offer the best shelter but it's better than being out in the open. The meadows and lake provide ample sources of food ranging from rabbits and deer to fish from the lake. Different seasons bring forth different prey and they are never hungry. Despite the warmth that being full brought, they were unsure if it would be enough to keep them warm against the coldness of the rocks once winter hits. Still, they had each other to huddle up. They just hoped it would be enough.

The brother of this pack may be slightly smaller in stature but where he lacks in strength, he makes up for in speed and smarts. He does his best to provide for his pack and secretly wishes the pack was back as one but he refuses to be seen as weak. He deserves the spot of alpha and not even his brother would take that away from him, no matter what the consequences were. To stop anyone getting hurt, he came up with the plan to split the territory whether he thinks it's a good idea now or not no longer matters as he helps the pack prepare for what may come.

Ranks

Alpha (1/1) - {Reserved by me}
Luna (0/1) - to be chosen in rp
Beta (0/1) -
Gamma (0/1) -
Pack members (1/8) -
Pups (0/4) -

××××

Redwoods pack
1000_F_303899948_O2TTYbxc2cQJ7vTtVgIEJKdbIbCyqtn4.jpg

The Redwoods pack took their place on the east, shrouded with trees and fallen logs, fast paced rivers running through to the lake that sat on the other brothers side. The trees kept the ground warm, it kept them hidden and protected. Fallen leaves and sticks acted as the perfect den material to make them comfortable. The roots of trees and fallen logs were fashioned into their dens, keeping each other close but also comfortable. Building their dens was a lot of work at first but it paid off, they just hoped they would hold once the winds started breaking through the trees' protection. Hunger was their concern, stomachs growling more often than they should. The little prey they could catch went to the old, the weak, the young and their mothers. Birds and fish did little to fill their stomachs but they couldn't complain.

Stronger and larger than his brother, the alpha of the Redwoods believed he would have automatically taken over his father once he passed, he believed he was going to be chosen until the unexpected death. Yet when they challenged each other and both came out still standing, he was baffled. Neither refused to step down and that only made his anger grow. He could see members respected his brother more but that didn't matter to him. He wanted the power, it was his. The pack was his and having just half wasn't enough.

××××

Ranks

Alpha (0/1) -
Luna (0/1) - to be chosen in rp
Beta (0/1) -
Gamma (0/1) -
Pack members (1/8) -
Pups (0/4) -

××××

Rank meanings

Alpha(s) - The Alphas are the Wisest, Strongest, Highest ranking members of the wolf pack as they hold absolute control over their pack members. The Alphas are responsible for leading the pack, establishing pack territory and its safety, accepting strangers into the pack or driving errant wolves out of the pack. They are responsible for keeping the pack in order and in control and will take many precautions to see that the pack is not disturbed. Each pack member is considered family but respect is still persistent. They tell the pack what to do, where to go, and how to work without questions from their members. Keeping things on a strict basis is their way of showing their care and concern for the pack-mates.The Alpha wolves can also choose their most trusted companions to become their Betas. They demand respect and are in the position to punish or banish those who do not show it. An alphas command can not be disobeyed without consequences. The alphas of both packs are brothers from the same litter.

Luna(s) - A female from the pack that is chosen by the alpha when he deems it the right time to pair himself with another. Once she is chosen she is the alphas equal and takes control of the pack alongside him. Her word is law, just as his is. She is a valued and protected member of the pack and cherished by all.

Beta(s) - The Beta rank is the highest ranking wolf in the pack just below the Alpha couple. The Beta wolf is essentially the second-in-command of the wolf pack and beyond this most significant point, the Beta is otherwise similar to wolves in the High rank. When the Alpha's are absent it is the Beta's job to make sure the pack is organised and under control. Any problems that occur in the pack, the Betas report to the Alphas and allow the Alphas to take control. When the Alphas are indeed away for a time, these wolves are the next in authority and demand the same respect and control from their packmates.

Gamma(s) - The gamma is a strong and capable wolf, in charge of training the youngsters while also being Luna's protector once she is chosen. Until then he organises patrols and helps lead the hunts. They are known as the caretaker, looking after the ones that need it most. They are expected to give their life to their Luna and protect her no matter how dire it could end up being. They are typically amongst the eldest of the pack but that doesn't mean they are weak. They are very trusted by all.

Pack members - The majority of the pack, they hunt and fight, keeping the pack safe and thriving. They will do whatever is asked of them and look out for each other.

Pups - The youngsters of the pack that are still learning, they must stay at the den site unless said otherwise and watched at all times. They are protected the most and fed first, being the pack's very future, these pups must have a mother at least, potentially separated from other families when the pack was split.

××××

Rules

• All RP nation rules apply.
  • Wolves must all look like natural wolves. This is a semi-realistic roleplay.
  • Drama is encouraged but keep it to the roleplay, any big events must be confirmed by me.
  • Please don't have your character always getting into trouble.
  • Max 2 characters per person for now, must be in different packs with only one high rank allowed per person.
  • I'd like for this to be a literate roleplay but I understand that writer's block happens so there will be a minimum of 2 detailed paragraphs.
  • I may ask for a writing example.
  • No god modding or power playing.

××××
More details to be worked out so I'm open to input! CS will be created once enough people are interested!

Last edited:
I've added some ranks up that will be included (half for each pack) do you know what rank would interest you most?
I’d be interested in being a pack member if that’s alright. Do we chose which pack we’re in or are you sorting us randomly?

I will be looking more for detailed descriptions of appearance but I will accept any form of face claim as long as it's accepted here and is followed by a description.

May I join this please? I love the concept and wolves are my favorite animals so I am VERY enthusiastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back