• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Broken Balance

Valadir curled up on the ground while he cried on Crystal's lap. He felt like he was in a pit full of snakes. Like he was being punished on a daily basis for letting his guard down in an environment with no death risk. He didn't know who to trust. He really wanted to quit. Give everyone the middle finger. He thought everyone around seemed to have a solution to the current problem, so why didn't they fix it already and leave him be?

It took him a long while to calm down. Once in that condition, he briefly considered Crystal's words as she spoke her monologue. He wanted to be loved, it would be a good help but how could he? He was fed up with how he was being mistreated lately. How everyone was trying to manipulate him at every turn. It was like he could only trust Wolnir, but at the same time his mind was too fucked up to help him. And he wasn't sure if he could trust Crys either since she was also trying to make him a slave. Even if she was of great help in the past.

She mentioned how he had basically blocked himself for over a year. He had actually lowered his guard since he arrived at the mountains but he thought it brought him more harm than good. It seemed like his only choice was to bring it up again and adopt the same attitude he had for the last year. No one could be trusted. He even had the feeling that Wolnir could rat him out if he tried anything.

"I-i a-lready tried..." Valadir said while wimpering on the love matter. "Y-you are n-no different f-from them!"

The dragon was then told about how he still had options. He had actually thought it during the short flight and he concluded that he'd ignore the whole ordeal, let it get solved by the others since they were so knowledgeable of the solutions. But maybe she had a point. Maybe he needed to rest and that'd make him change his mind. But how could he rest if he was being pestered all the time? He was sure that he'd get chased to where they were now anyways.

The dragon twitched at the mention of the elves in the area, and when Crystal finally released his head, he immediately tucked it against his side, curling himself up to a ball.
"N-no..." Valadir said when he was asked if he wanted to go to the... town or whatever it was, in a completely broken voice. "...n-not with t-them around..."
He actually wanted to go, be somewhere else but his mental state didn't let him and he felt he didn't have anywhere else to go. Feeling that Crys would probably get near him, he shielded himself with his wings, willing to push her away if she tried.

Wolnir waited in his room, trying to pass time for his visitor to arrive. From thinking about Val and if making him snap was his fault, to considering some amenities for his room and thinking about what was for dinner. Since his visitor was taking forever, he thought he had been had and thus thought about going for a bath, but as soon as he went to the door, someone knocked. After opening the door, he saw it was Sabato, precisely who he thought it would be.

"I-i thought it would be you! I-i was told s-someone would come..."

The dragon invited him in and commented how he looked like he had gone through some nasty shit.

Last edited:
"I understand. You need time to yourself. There's a lodge nearby within the trees. It's not as glamorous as the mountain but it's clean and has everything you need. Not a soul will disturb you. I'll make sure of it. It's a couple of kilometres west of here."

With a wave of her hand, the fire diminished. The cold started seeping its way back.

"Val... I'm sorry. As much as I say I am for you, I truly didn't consider how you are. Nearly a thousand years old, you'd think I'd get it right by now... Anyway, I will make no excuse. I only wish for you to accept my apology and be at peace. Take as long as you need. My only request is for you not to leave the drakes borders."

She picked her staff up, stood to her feet and tightened her kimono.

"That's all I have to say."

Sabato quickly brushed off his tails before the door opened. He bowed when he saw Wolnir.
"Pleased to meet you again Brightscaled."

When he walked in, he unstrapped his swords and left them at the door. He loosened a big stretch and yarned. Finally, he can relax and let himself go a little. He chuckled at Wonlir's comment about his trip.
"Same old story. Drakes being drakes."

He had a quick look around. A fire is a softy cracking in the background. The benefit is the warm air. Overall the place seemed nice and clean. Rich materials used everywhere. Of course, he has his narrow-minded opinion on it but kept it to himself.

Wolnir invited him to sit. He insisted to sit on the floor to cross his legs.

He started, "How have you been lately Wolnir?"

"There have been numerous reports of armies gathering in front of the Ruined Stronghold! Are you blind, deaf or both?"
Kolias yelled at Resh. Frustrated at his stubborn, thick head.

Eragon put a reassuring hand on Kolias who is to his right.
"He will understand. He has to obey me."

Still unsatisfied but he kept quiet. Kolias eased a little. Staring at Resh of course. Chief of the Fire Claws. The name came from an old unique weapon they created. With it, they came into power. Although their current Cheif isn't the brightest and is too smug. No one likes him but he does have his uses hence, his position.

"Armageddon, It's nigh impossible to have all this happen in such a short time. We cannot supply the demand."
Sacoria, raising the obvious problem. Her Clan is mainly involved with the mines as well as similar trades and works.

"I don't care. I don't care what you do or how you do it. Get it done. It's crucial for what we are up against. We need every war machine, every warrior kitted. Send your army to work. Send the younglings if need be.

Damatar and Kolias, I want those mountain tops done in a week. Cave every tunnel we have leading to the stronghold. I want the enemy thinned out and straight to the Valley of Flowers.

Nevada, are your veterans capable of causing enough chaos to their camps?"

The ice drake. Aster simply smiled.
"Your ask is so simple. It will be done."

"Excellent. In three days we will have another meeting for your progress. Now sound the war horns."

Elijah's ears flicked towards the Golden Mountain. His tails came to a hold. Opening his eyes he could see the golden top on the mountain. Reflecting the cool winter sun. He sat within the trees however they haven't completely obscured his vision of the drakes home. But it's what he heard that interrupted him. A symphony of faint horns could be heard. For them to be heard from here. The instruments must be many times bigger than himself. It is a signal. The war horns. The fight for the drakes has begun.

A handful of seconds after Crystal tried to apologize, Valadir took his bracelet off and tossed it on the ground in front of her before flying away to the lodge. At least that way Wolnir wouldn't be able to track him, come looking for him or rat him out. He needed to be alone and he didn't plan to return to his room or to the mountain anytime soon. Lenera was probably going to look for him tomorrow to take him to the training fields, and he was convinced that she would ask Wolnir about his whereabouts.
Despite what Crystal said, he wasn't willing to forgive her. Or at least not soon, considering that it would take effort from her end. And even then, he'd probably keep his guard up when around someone else. Specially around her, Eragon and his mate.
He was also heavily considering leaving the mountains. He had that thought since the episode with the girl. Maybe return to the land that tried to kill him and let everything go. After all, he considered that both places weren't so different after all. Both wanted him either dead or enslaved. Or maybe he could fly over the sea and see the uncharted territory beyond.

After some minutes of flying, he spotted the lodge. He flew over it in a way that seemed like he was just passing through, while he was actually scouting its surroundings. No one around and in the middle of nowhere. If someone or something came around, he would be able to either hear it or spot it clearly. Seeing that the outside was clear, he landed several meters away and quietly went near the rear wall of the lodge, trying to hear if there was anyone hiding inside. Putting the side of his head gently against the wall, he figured that either there was no one there or someone was being specially quiet in order to ambush him.
The dragon used the back door to come in and carefully checked every room of the lodge for traps or a being on the wait. In the end, it was all clear. The lodge had all the basic amenities and food for around a week. He didn't know how long he'd stay there so he'd try to ration the food. Overall, it would be a good place to think.
Later that day, he heard the sound of the horns. He wasn't sure what to make out of that, but his first thought was that maybe it was a party made to look for him, so he stayed alert.

When Sabato arrived, Wolnir saw curiously how... honorful he was? Or maybe really polite. He had invited him to take a seat on the table but he seemed to prefer sitting on the ground. The dragon did likewise in front of him.
"N-not too good..." Wolnir said worried. "B-between last year's and Val's m-mood change..."

Later, the loud sound of the horns blowing interrupted their conversation. Wolnir's head perked in the direction of the sound, being alert since it caught him off guard.
"W-what was that?!"

She picked up the bracelet and brushed it off. There is still good. Valadir just needs to know that it's in front of him but, Crystal cannot dwell on him anymore. Her pity for him must come to a standstill. It will only distract her. He will find himself and when he does, he'll be stronger. She knows it. She has faith in him. She tucked the large bracelet away and walked back to her lodge.

Sabato agreed with Wolnir. While he hasn't directly spoken to Val, other guardians tend to speak a little too loud.
"I understand. What has happened has traumatised many. It is dark and pure evil what has come over the land. The sequence of events is terrible and painful. Most of all, no one has suffered as much as the dragons have lately.

Wonlir I do not intend to frighten you but it will get worse. We are all anxious about what is to come. As hard as it is not to be scared, even the most vicious storms run dry of rain. The darkest nights always rise into the brightest days. We can become comfortable in the gentle winds but surviving our greatest challenges always gives us a new revelation of ourselves. Wolnir, you can be in the storm but never let the storm come in you. You have allies, trust them."

Just as he finished his words. The horns shock the mountain. It put Sabato on edge however, it did not trouble him as it did Wolnir. Sabato hasn't heard that before but he knows what it's for.

"Do not be alarmed. They are the war horns. The drakes have finally publicised the war. These next weeks are going to be full of activity. I doubt it will affect you. In fact, I think it is a good opportunity to go out a little. Think about it. While everyone is rushing around, they won't notice you.

But back to something more real. Do you think you can stay with the drakes?"

Eragon slowly walked back to his rest, tired from the mental stress the day brought him. He held three scrolls of the minutes taken. The four Armageddon guards greeted him when he arrived at his thresh hold. Instead of nodding back, he said,
"Go have some leisure. Come back in the morning."
The guards looked at one another with confused faces. Ultimately they complied and left their posts.

Eragon opened the heavy door and welcomed the warm air. Silently shutting the door behind him. He was about to enter the washroom until Lenera made an appearance. She is wearing a clean full-length mantle of pure white silk. She has a big smile on her face. There is only one event why any female will be wearing a gown such as that. Eragon's eye's widened and he dropped the scrolls. He jumped over to her and hugged his spouse. Tears ran down Eragon's eyes overwhelmed with joy.
He just managed to say, "are you sure? It's only been a couple-"

Lenera clamped his jaws shut. She grabbed his hand and directed it to her gut. Eragon knew her body well, so when he rubbed the back of his hand against her stomach he felt the ever so slightest of swelling. His tears doubled.
"H-how. Your scarring... Your impediment..."

Lenera got a bit serious.
"It took me much courage and growing but before you came back. When the guardians first arrived. The kitsunes were the first to come. I saw what they are capable of. Maybe they could heal me. Days before you returned I visited their strongest. Elijah. He healed me."

Eragon rested his head against her chest.
"That makes sense why you were so eager..."

Lenera face went from excited to a little disappointed.
"Why did you ruin the moment."

"Sorry. I'm overwhelmed. I'm not sure what to think."

Lenera went back to smiling.
"It wasn't easy keeping it a secret. I had to deny the information myself to stop you from getting it from my mind."

Eragon laughed, "That certainly did the trick but how are you able to complete your duties?"

"Forget about that. Let tomorrow worry about its own stresses. Let's enjoy this moment."

"T-tell me about it..." Wolnir said when Sabato said the dragons were suffering. All too true for him. From having to avoid death everyday to seeing his friends die and having to deal with the mental sequels, the suffering was real and probably wasn't going to cease anytime soon.

Wolnir wanted to believe Sabato's words. He really wanted to believe that everything was bound to get solved and get better than ever before, but with everything going on he felt a bit hopeless. Or Anxious. If he remembered correctly from what he was told some days ago, odds were greatly against them. Val was also his main hope source but even that was gone. What if things eventually got solved but the damage was too great to get a happy ending?

"I-i do trust, b-but-" then the horns sung. His nerves made him stand up, but after Sabato's explanation he took a couple deep breaths and sat back down.

"B-but where c-could I go?" He said when he was told he was basically free to go where he pleased, given that everyone would be too busy to pay attention to him. "I-i barely know m-my way a-around here, a-and I barely k-know anyone..."

"I d-don't know..." the dragon said when he was asked if he thought he could stay with the drakes. "T-the place is r-really nice, b-but is it really safe? W-what if we get attacked?"

Valadir stayed alert for a while after the horns went quiet. No party coming his way. Maybe it was something else. A while after, he decided to have a bite of something. He was happy to see the lodge's stocking was varied. There was meat but mostly vegetables, fruit and baked goods. He liked meat as much as the next dragon, but after eating only meat for several days in a row he appreciated the change of pace. He hadn't thought much yet, but he did think that maybe he owed Wolnir an apology. After all, he didn't exactly do anything wrong. He had only asked an innocent question.

Last edited:
"The greatest tales have the highest walls. They also result in the greatest endings. I believe that we will rise on top. Evil only wins if good people don't stand up to it. As for as I can see, there are a lot of good people running around like headless chickens stopping whatever is against us."

Sabato thought about where Wolnir could go. He did have a place in mind which brought a cheeky grin on his face.

"There is one place I can think of. It is a few mountains away west of here. Apparently, it is the best hot spring. On top of a mountain. However... How can I say this... It is slightly prohibited. However, my temptation is overruling these guidelines. It will be a fun little venture. If you choose to accept that is."

"We will certainly be attacked just in case Klader was hiding that information from you. At this moment armies are gathering behind the Ruined Stronghold. Do not be alarmed by it. They will try to break the drakes home but it will not work. The drakes have the mountains. They have the perfect defence.

He sat on a gold throne. A cup of wine in one hand and a gem decorated knife in the other. The lead Queen elf and lead King dwarf stood in front of him. He smiled at them.
"Go on. Sssspeak to them. Show them what we achieeeeved."
The snake-like voice in his head. His newly found friend. It was him who brought the nations of elves, dwarfs and humans together. The two in front of him also have it. They are in accord with each other. One idea, one goal.

He raised his cup.
"Look at this. All of us here. We've done it. United and strong. Of course, our thanks goes to the one who inspired the idea. Abaddon."

The elf, Galadriel quickly spoke, sensing much pride in him.
"Do not think you are higher than us Malachi. We do not serve you or Abaddon."

The voice in the elf's head calmed her,
"Do not be sssso defensive. He is doing his besssst."

Malachi finished his cup and dropped it on the floor.
"Of course not however, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have found the truth. A way to live together in peace. And to finally vanquish the monsters in the mountains. With them gone we can live freely."

"Aye. Our long-awaited revenge is finally here. My thanks to Abaddon!"
The dwarf, Kirdurim Giantbane spoke confidently. Eager to have reptilian blood on his hammer. He hasn't forgotten the grief they caused his people long ago.

Malachi nodded in agreement.
"Onto a more pressing matter. I assume both of your forces are well on the way."

"We are ready to enter the cursed mountains."
Galadriel answered.
"My armies are growing weary from sitting here."
She stared at Kirdurim. Know that he is at fault.

The dwarf rebutted her passive accusation.
"I only wait for my bigger machines to arrive. In two days we will march into glory."

"Fantastic. We are about to create a new world for the better."
Malachi stood up and walked outside with the other two.

There they were. The evening has set. A few kilometres away is the ruined stronghold. An old ancient ruined attempt to keep the monsters at bay and beyond that. The Drakken moutain range. The clouds cover the peaks. They seem harmless but if you stare at them long enough you feel it starts to call you; Into its teeth.

The next four days have been full of activity. Every drake had something to do. The land changed as well. It is slowly turned solemn. Hardening itself for what is foreseen. The snow grew heavier. It is as if the environment already started mourning the losses. Not so much for the drakes. They became excited. An old joy returned to them. Anticipation. They all have it. It makes them focused. War machines and instruments increased production. The only tools from the forges are weapons and armour. Every drake trained harder than ever. The farmers of the flowered valley in front of the Golden Mountain moved everything they own into the mountain itself. They saved as many crops and flowers as they could and relocated where ever spare land is. The plan is to bring the fight to the open field. If so, drakes have a heavy advantage. The drakes collapsed the necessary tunnels at the secret entrance under the foothills just before the Ruined Stronghold. They caused landslides to create a single path straight to the Valley of Flowers. Even the ice drakes. The majority of them came from hiding to join the fight.

Last edited:
Sabato's mention of the hot spring caught Wolnir's attention but it also made him suspect.
"W-what's so forbidden a-about it?", he asked. If it ended being safe, he'd probably go there on his hatchday.

The dragon had no idea the place would be attacked. From what he had seen during the few days that passed since his arrival, the mountains did look safe with all the fortifications and... people, but he couldn't help but to feel nervous about it. What if it wasn't enough? What if they were attacked with enough force to topple them? He didn't want to think about having to be on the run again.

"B-but what if i-t isn't enough...? Wolnir asked nervously.

Four days then passed, but nothing too interesting happened. Everyone seemed too busy getting themselves ready for the invasion and with no time for a chat. Except the guards stationed outside his room. The dragon tried to pass the time exploring the mountain without getting in anyone's way in an effort to get himself better used to his home. He was feeling worried about Val, he had been missing for days now and he had no clues of his whereabouts. Overall, it had been a dull couple of days.
Now it was Wolnir's hatchday. 12th of july and he wasn't feeling excited about it. On a more normal situation, he'd have plans for the day with his friends and or family, or he'd get a surprise party. But now? Hardly. His former friends were dead, Val was missing, Crys was too busy doing... whatever she was busy with now. He didn't see her for several days now. No one else knew about his hatchday, so he'd probably have to try to have fun on his own terms.
The orange dragon slept in, and after getting out of bed he had help getting dressed up and went for a bite. He thought about what he could do. He could try going to the hot springs, although it also occurred to him that he could ask around about that brewery he was told about when he first crossed the mountains. See if he could visit since he thought he had a good idea for them to try.

After the second day in the lodge, Valadir was convinced that no-one would come after him. Luckily that meant he could return to a normal sleep schedule, and not the short nap system he used since he came to the lodge in order to keep watch. Still, since he arrived in the lodge, he thought about everything that happened recently. Considered that maaayybe his attitude was a little bit selfish considering what was at stake, but the way he was being treated didn't give him much options. What else could he do if everyone was trying to use him for their own benefit? He was still pissed with Eragon and Lenera since they were the glaring example. He felt betrayed by the guy that saved him. They went through a lot together, he even considered Eragon to be a friend of his but that was no longer the case, considering how he was treating him like a means to an end. He felt like some promises had been broken.
Regarding Crystal, the dragon considered forgiving her since she had been there for him when he was in need of aid, but he would keep his guard up around her, just in case she tried something like last time again. And in regards to Wolnir, Valadir thought he owed his friend an apology if he was willing to hear it. He hadn't really done anything wrong.

Still, there was an idea that became more and more convincing as time went on, and that was the idea of leaving the mountains. After all, on every turn there was someone trying to use him to further their own agendas against his will. If that's going to be the peace he was promised then he'd rather not have it. At least out there, telling friend from foe is way easier. He also wanted revenge. Not only for his dead friends and family, but for his race. After all, if he remembered correctly there were still a few of his race lying around. Given how hostile his new home was to him, he'd rather back them up.
However, he was willing to give things one last chance. Maybe things had changed for the better in his absence. His plan was to go back to the mountains on Wolnir's hatchday to give him an apology and maybe spend some time with him, but more importantly to see if anything changed. If there was now something that would make him change his mind about leaving. If so, then he'd try to press some buttons to make things go faster. If not, then he'd wait until night to gather his stuff, fly to the sea to avoid detection and then head north to enemy territory.

Now it was his friend's hatchday. He woke up, had a bite and then headed outside. He thought he saw more drakes flying around the golden mountain than usual. Anyways, he headed to the mountain and aimed at his room's window. When he was landing on his room, he peeked on Wolnir's and he didn't see him anywhere. Maybe he was away eating or something.
Valadir checked on his belongings. His armor was still on his stand, the sword was still in place and his backpack was still there and with the few posessions he still had. If something really changed and he decided to stay, he thought about handing in the weapon he stole from the humans and give it to the drakes for mass production.

After checking that everything was in order, he went to the hallway and headed to the jeweler to see if he had Wolnir's gift ready.

"Two reasons I believe. First, it's an active volcano. The few times I have visited the drakes. They deem such hostile areas unfit for use. Secondly, and this is what I have concluded, those in command do not want anyone else going there. They want to use the springs for themselves."

Sabato told his truth. Whether Wolnir agreed or not, the kitsune will go at some point regardless of the consequences.

"Hush Brightscaled, do not speak of our downfall. Words have the power to create. Speak only prophesy that we will rise above our adversaries."

They talked for a while longer. It became clear that Wolnir isn't comfy where he stands. Too many worries in his head. It needed to be put away with. He needs distractions...

Their goodbyes are warmed hearted. Sabato smiled while he walked back to where he sleeps. He thought about Wolnir's near hatch day.

---

The drake took back control over his body. He coughed blood and water. He snapped his eyes open and tried to yell. Only a rough cough came out. His vision is blurred, his body, cold and stiff. His mind, swirling and dizzy. His eyes kept rolling back into his head so, he stayed still for a few minutes while he gained as much consciousness as he could.
"I-I feel... Weak."
Pain enveloped his limbs. His head boiled from a fever. With a growl, he rolled over to his side only to End up falling off an edge and hitting his snout on the ground. Blood trickled from his nose.

With a grunt and a great wave of his remaining strength, he stumbled to his feet and leaned against a wall expecting his legs to give way. With one arm over his gut, he can finally look around. His eyes adjusted to the low flickering torch lighting. Is he in a room? A warm one at that. He saw what he fell off. A stone table. The walls are also stone. They supported tables with many pieces of equipment he cannot identify. He looked at his stomach.
"My wound. I-It's gone."
He relaxed a little. The pain around his body slowly softened away, as did his anxiety. He flicked his tongue out and sniffed the air.
"I can't smell them. Is this an illusion?"
But the senses he collects suggest otherwise.
"I-I can't be."
He saw a door. He took a step forward but, his leg buckled fell. He tried to grab something. Only managing to knock something off the bench. It fell on his head. His wings rested upright, leaning against the table and the other folded over the bench. He hissed at his weakness. To not have the strength to walk. Must have been weeks since his last meal.
"H-how... Where, a-am... I can't remember!"

His eyes started to water. Confused, starving and parched. He sobbed on the ground. He can't do anything. He closed his eyes, expecting not to open them again ever.

A bright light pierced through his eyelids. He opened his heavy eyes, wincing at the light. He could see... Feet? He heard shouting and metal clanging. Those feet, white skin. Small. But also, he saw white fur. Similar in shape to his tail but many of them. They came closer to him. He braced himself for the worst. Something lifted him but, nothing was touching him. He went back onto the table. This time he was being supported into a seated position. Whatever is happening, he had no control over it. He is too weak to react.

A feminine voice.
"Reptar... Reptar. Can you hear me? Respond."
The voice is smooth and easy to listen.

"That's s-sounds like... Someone I know. Reptar... W-wait! That's m-m-me. That's my name!"
Reptar opened his mouth.
"Tha-... That's me..."
His words are weak.

Something touched his face. Hands. They felt warm and comforting. He felt soft brushing against his body. His vision once again came back to him. A humanoid face. Long white hair. Fox like ears. He's not sure what to think of it. All he knows is he is at its mercy.

The voice. The creature's lips moved. It came from it
"You're safe Reptar. You're home."

"H-home... N-no. You are another I-illusion. Home is gone..."
Reptar cannot fall the tricks again.

The creature held something to his face.
"Here. Drink."

Reptar flinched away. He flickered his tongue out and could taste that its water. He leaned forward and opened his maw. Slowly the water trickled into his mouth and down his dry throat. Maybe he is safe.

---

A drake of forest green scales suggested Wolnir go to the ground level. There are multiple brewery's. The main one is at the southeast corner. The drake claimed it's the biggest and currently in fall production.

Later in the day, Crystal and Sabato walked throughout the mountain searching for Wolnir. The combination of their tails created a line of fallen white and orange fur. The last of their summer coats and finally withered. Thicker fur for winter has pushed through. Sabato knocked on Wolnir's door. After a minute there was no answer.
"Perhaps he is still asleep."
Sabato suggested.

"Doubt it. Let's check the dining hall. Likely to be there."

Ignoring the stares down from the drakes they talked freely. Sabato did rest his hand on the hilt for reassurance.
"I noticed you rushed away in the early morning. Trouble?"

"If you consider Reptar waking then yes. He recovered so soon..."

Sabato's ears perked, interested in the conversation now.
"Go on."

"He activated my ward as soon as he woke. While I was asleep mind you. Still took me twenty minutes to get to him. Found him laying on the floor, soaking his head in his tears and bloodied nose."

"Hmm. I do not often pity drakes but Reptar I know well."

"Really!? And why haven't told me this."
Crystal looked at Sabato with some shock. Expecting a good excuse.

"We went on a couple of ventures together. In the Zashac desert. Did not mention it because I did not think you needed the help. Seeming as you always are on top of things."

"Shit excuse. Anyway, If that's the case then I need you tonight when I visit him again. A couple of familiar faces should make him a little more comfortable."

Sabato smiled. He wondered when he would see his friends face again.
"What did you do with him when you arrived?"

"Put him back on the table and put him in a deep sleep for tonight."

"Seems rather... Forcing, doesn't it?"

Crystal sighed. She didn't want to do it but when Sabato told her it was Wolnir's hatchday she had to make a choice. Besides the past few days, she hasn't seen the dragon.
"He'll be fine. Furthermore, Wolnir needs some attention. I have a gift for him."

They continued the rest of the walk in silence.

They found Wolnir exiting the dining hall. Crystal waved her hands and shouted, turning a few heads.
"Hi Wolnir!"

Sabato looked down a little, embarrassed of Crystal's actions.

Crystal ran up to Wonlir and hugged his leg.
"Sorry I didn't see you earlier. I have no excuses."

---

Orlando humbly bowed before Valadir.
"Good to see you again Unbroken. I assume you are after Brightsclale's treat."

He lead him back to his office and struck a chat.
"How have your past few days been? I hope the preparations haven't hindered you in any way."

In the office, on his desk. A large plain wooden box contained the ornament.

"It took me three attempts to get this perfect but..."

Orlando slowly opened the box and there, is Wolnir's piece. A white, transparent diamond the same size as his palm. It's attached to a gold and silver braided chain. The diamond itself, however, is shaped as two flared wings. Perfectly reflected Wolnir's wings. The centre of the wings is a dragon head with a set of scruffy hair.

Orlando picked it up by the chain. He brought it next to a torch and it started to change its colour. Its wings slowly turned blue as the head brightened to orange.
"It reacts to both light and heat."
He cupped it in his hands and heated it with a little fire. When he exposed it to Valadir the diamond is more vibrant and coloured than nature. The blue is enhancing just as the orange is as pure as the sun. It even had a slight glow. At the core of the diamond is the opposite. While it's small but it resembled a black dragon head.

"I figured using his colours instead of the hue of a rainbow. Would be more personal."

Wolnir sighed when he heard Sabato's speculation about the thermal waters. Even if he thought he could push his luck on his hatchday, go and hope they would let him in given how people liked his kind, the fact that it was an active volcano sounded dangerous.
On their goodbyes, the dragon told the kitsune he would let him know if he decided to go to the waters. He also offered to tag along with him as he went back home but he had, again, declined politely. A while after he got his armor off and after staying up a bit later than usual he went to sleep, hoping for his hatchday to be less of a dull day than usual.

Wolnir listened to the drake's suggestion about the breweries around worth visiting. It wasn't the one he remembered being told about but it still was a promising lead. With enough luck they'd take his idea into consideration. The dragon thanked the drake for the tip, and chatted with him for a bit while finishing his breakfast.

After finishing his serving of... that tasty but weirdly-named animal he and Val had had for dinner the other day, Wolnir made his way to the hallway in order to go to the brewery he was told about, but halfway through heard a familiar voice call his name. It was Crys, who ran to him and hugged him, or rather his paw, apologizing. Noting Sabato further away on the hallway, the dragon greeted him with this free paw and then told Crys
"T-these days been p-pretty dull... e-everyone's so busy... w-where you been?", the dragon said. He was glad to see her.

"Yup" Valadir replied to Orlando's as he was asked if he arrived for his friend's gift. Looked around the room as he followed the drake, checking if the girl from a few days ago was still around, or if there was another surprise waiting for him, but so far there was nothing out of the ordinary. "Any ETA's on the armor? I know those take long, but still"

"Eh, normal. No hindering" the black dragon said when he was asked if his last few days had been hindered by the preparations. Honestly the dragon had no idea what the drake was talking about, but before arriving to where he was now he noted how everyone seemed really busy. A lot more transit both on the sky and inside the mountains. So they were preparing for something. He intended on finding out what was that thing they were readying for, with a bit of luck it was for carrying on the fight.

Seeing his friend's gift, at first he thought it was actually pretty nice and detailed, but that at the same time that it didn't match the original description. His opinion rapidly changed when he saw how the gem changed with the light and heat. The dragon's mind was blown away and his expression made it somewhat evident.
"Yeah, this looks way better than that!" Valadir said when Orlando spoke about how this option was better than a rainbow colored alternative. "I'm pretty sure he'll love it. I know i do"
The drake then put it back on its case and handed it to him. "This is making me look foward to my hatchday already!", the dragon said jokingly. "Want me to tell him to see you so you can see him wearing it?"

Valadir then went to hand in the gift to his friend. It was annoying to walk while carrying it since he didn't have any pockets or anything to store the case. On the meanwhile he thought the gift would make it a bit harder to leave if things really didn't change a bit. Besides missing on seeing the necklace on the regular, how would Wolnir feel? If he did it right, he wouldn't suspect a thing until it was too late and the only thing left for his friend to remember him would be the gift. The orange dragon's heart would probably be turned into smithereens, maybe he'd try to get rid of the gem. The black dragon could already feel some guilt for it, but it all depended on how things played out today. The dragon also hoped to not come across Eragon or Lenera on that day so he could spend it with his friend and see what's what on the meanwhile at his own pace, but something told him it was inevitable.

The dragon eventually made it to the hallway Wolnir and Crys were in. Since they were distracted talking to eachother, Valadir took the chance to catch him by surprise, jump at him and squeeze the life out of him.
"HAPPY HATCHDAY!" Valadir said while pounding at his friend, almost making him fall to the ground. He hugged his friend really tightly for a couple of seconds, remembering that it was really uncomfortable to do so to someone in armor.
At first, Wolnir felt really surprised but he then smiled when he was wished a happy day and hugged. Maybe the day wasn't going to be so bad after all. The two or three people that mattered to him were here, although he still had doubts about Val's whereabouts.
"Here", the black dragon said after letting him go, giving him the case.

"Y-you didn't have to..."

"Did. Things are already fucked up as is, figured you deserved a breather"

Wolnir then opened the case with anticipation, seeing a necklace with a gem bigger than others he had seen. It looked like a faithful representation of him but with slightly dimmer colors. His expression gave away how much he liked it.

"Try putting it in contact with that torch" (or whatever, can't remember) Valadir told him. "It gets better". The orange dragon obeyed and it looked like the thing had come to life. It was glowing and the color matched perfectly. He then looked at his friend with joy.

"C-can you-" Wolnir tried to say.

"Sure" Wolnir then handed his friend the necklace and put it around his friend's neck. The glowing gem rested on his chest and his armor reflected it's glow. Valadir looked at his friend for a second and he looked perfect. Wolnir hugged him tightly out of happiness.
The black dragon then greeted Crys with his right paw and then gave her a thumbs up, telling her that the gift worked as planned.

Orlando laughed, "I got my hands full as it is with. Send him my regards and thank him for this opportunity. It is a great honour and privilege."
He bowed.

"Trying to avoid a war. You know, the little stuff. In essence like everyone else but, today. Today is about you. Have you eaten? Of course, you have. You're walking out of the food place. Come let's go. I don't know where. Where do you want to go?"

Crystal tugged on Wolnir's leg, prompting him to come with her.
"Sabato told you about this place a few days before and wants to ask you the same question-."

Before she could finish Valadir jumped Wolnir, it caught her off guard and she jumped back a little. Sabato sighed at Crystal's immaturity. Perhaps a trait that she will never shake off.

Crystal watched the exchange with the dragons. It made her smile ever so more. She winked at Val when he acknowledged her. When they were finished, the other kitsune stepped forward reminding Crystal to introduce him to Val.

"Oh, Val. This is Sabato and I'm sure you know who this is Sabato..."

Sabato bowed his head.
"It's an honour to finally greet you Valadir. Fortunately, we meet at a pleasant time."

Crystal rolled her eyes at Sabato's unnecessary formalities.
"Anyway, you have something to offer right?"

Sabato looked at Crystal, trying to figure out why she is being pushy.
"Yes, the heated spring waters a mountain over. As I described to Wolnir earlier. Not allowed to be there but that's not gonna stop us. Have you decided Wolnir?"

Eragon stared at the Crystal Caves. He sat at the base of the mountain. Facing South-west, directly from at the cursed caves. Nothing is fascinating about their exterior however, what they protect is priceless. He thought about it. Going in and claiming whatever power it offers. Be consumed by it. He could kill them all perhaps. All who stand against him.
"And only to turn mad for power. What you gain physically. Spiritually you die. Shit trade-off if you ask me."

"And you tempted Valadir with it."

Eragon normally would have been startled when someone snuck up on him like that but lately. His mood has brought his guard down. He turned his head to the origin of the voice. A kitsune sat next to him. At this point, he's not surprised by them anyway. He looked at him for a few seconds recalling where he has seen him before. A brown and black kimono with tails the same colour. Brown with black tips. Eragon paid closer attention to his eyes. He remembered his eyes a different colour. They are green but when he first saw him they were closer to copper.
"You're the male I saw earlier this week. Sabato was it?"

"Yes."
The kitsune studied the Crystal Caves.

Eragon sighed. He leaned forward and rested his chin on his hands.
"You guardians should not interfere-"

"So why did you? You knew the consequence. Would you betray dragons that easily?"
Haru pressed the question.

"Does it matter!?"
Eragon slammed his tail on the ground. This sensitive topic boils his blood.
"Care how you speak fox. You're-"

"Shutup, oh great Armageddon. Everyone praises you for being the strongest willed. Yet you, so easily tried to put someone in your place so you can stay how you are."

"Quiet rat!"
Eragon swung his arm around, seeking to kill the kitsune.

Haru rolled back from the attack and quickly took to his feet and raised his guard.
"If you're so tough why don't you stop the war. What are you scared of? I thought you are fearless."

Eragon blew flames at the kitsune. To defend himself the kitsune created a clear energy shield and guided the fire around him. With the cover of the fire, Eragon leapt up and over the shield and landed on the kitsune, certain that he caught the fox. Without looking he smashed the ground. All he felt was stone crashing under his fists.

"You're full of it. Fear. Fear to lose everything you have. Pathetic. You're no better than a hornless hatchling. If you want power. The answer is in front of you."

Eragon grabbed a rock and throw it at a frightening speed however before it made contact the kitsune disappeared with a bright flash. Eragon rose from his kneeled position. The most vicious snarl on his face. He quickly scanned the area for the kitsune. Not to be seen. His scent is gone. Finally, Eragon looked at the caves and walked towards them.

From a fair distance, the kitsune watched the angered drake storm to the Crystal Caves with a smile. His appearance changed, from black and brown to a complete black kimono. His tails also become completely black and the swords disappeared.
"He took the bait."

"Excellent work, Ganjiro. Now keep a close eye on the dragon. Tell us when he leaves."

"I suspect he will be leaving soon. Be ready."

"Sure" Valadir replied as he was asked to send the jeweler's regards to Wolnir when he could.

Even if the orange dragon understood she had quite a lot of responsabilities to fulfill, he nontheless wished that Crys passed by a bit more often. She was normally a relief for him, and with no one to talk to the days overall were pretty dull and filled with memories tormenting him.
"S-someone told me about-" Then Val came by, pouncing over him and cutting the conversation short.

"Also, the guy who made that sends his regards" The black dragon said after his friend let him go. He was glad that the gift worked even if he hadn't done much. Wolnir's shows of gratitude always felt pretty heartful. "Says he's quite busy, but i'm completely convinced that he wants you to pass by" The orange dragon nodded, still smiling and thinking that a small visit later couldn't hurt.

"Don't hold your hopes up on that" Valadir added to Sabato's introduction. "Lately, pleasurable times tend to get abruptly ruined way ahead of schedule. Anyway, nice to meet you"

"I-i did!" Wolnir said when he was asked if he had made a decision about the springs. He had more or less ditched the idea since he didn't really think he'd get to enter on his own, but now that he had his friends alongside him, maybe they could apply some leverage and grant them ingress. "I-i bet we could have s-some fun with it! I'm t-thinking we could go t-to a brewery i was told a-about after that..."
Valadir briefly looked at the gem while the conversation took place. Going to a spring and having a drink after actually sounded nice. Gods know he could use both.

While on transit to their destination, the black dragon told Sabato
"So what's the deal with you? What do you normally do?"

Valadir's reply told everything about his stay within the mountains. Sabato hasn't had a whole lot of experience with drakes, he does know what they are like. Doesn't take much to figure them out.

Crystal kept her smile up.
"Of course, this is your day Wol. We are going where you say. I haven't been to these springs either. Sabato is especially keen on it. He's doing his best not to show it. Tries to act all big and tough but he's really a softy."
She turned toward the subject at hand and found him blankly staring at her. With the most unimpressed face, he can muster.

Sabato being their guide, from the Golden Mountain, they ventured east to the neighbouring peak. The particular mount is an active volcano otherwise drakes would have carved it long ago. That's not to say some still do dwell within it. Those few prefer the heat it provides and its attributes.

They kept a low profile while crossing the slender valley between the two mountains. Just behind the Valley of Flowers.

The conversation struck;
"If you are to put a label on me. I would be a ranger or an assassin if need be. To be more specific. The majority of guardians have a grey area where they are allowed to work in. The most trusted and longer serving such as Crystal and I are allowed to work out of the guidelines freely. My work consists of snuffing out perpetrators. If you have known tyrannical beings around your area that randomly disappeared. I probably killed them. What about yourself? What did you do before the invasion?"

Crystal spoke with Wolnir while the other two talked,
"Days are getting colder. Does it get cold where you are staying with the big room and all that stone around you? Is the food nice? I've only had a meal up there once so far. It was alright, not particularly my taste though. Too much meat. Well, I guess you might be a little more used to it than I, considering you're a dragon... Do you talk to the drakes much? Or do you keep to yourself?"

The further they got away from the population the denser the tree line got. Untamed nature settled around them. They began to walk on a quick incline the closer they got to their destination. Eventually, they got to a point where it became a struggle for the kitsune. Resulting in an obvious question.

Sabato looked at the vertical rocky terrain of the mountain before them. It stretches kilometres above ground level. Past the cloud line
"We can climb it. But it will be swifter to ride the dragons up. The springs are just before the clouds. Would you care Valadir and Wolnir?"

Eragon stood in front of the Crystal caves. A small lone, black foothill with a singular entrance. It opens to a natural walkway down, underneath the earth. It is pitch black down there. Nor can he sense any heat. His infrared senses are useless. The air is misty and heavy. It forced him to take quicker breathes. The area is gloomy and solemn. As if whatever lives here is in eternal sadness but great anger and power can be felt. Within the caves themselves. A force he can feel. Spirits with strong spiritual aromas. It has involuntary efforts to suppress him. To keep his mind dark. He immediatly put up a barricade around his mind to stop anything that will try to enter. He has only ever been down there once when he was but a hatchling. Cannot remember what he saw but there is something alive of a form that is unnatural.

A moment of regret.
"No. I need to save my kin. For my Lenera."
He scrunched up his face and walked in to the black pit.

Valadir clenched his eyes when Sabato said he's some sort of assasin, thinking about what he said. He did remember a couple important figures suddenly turning up dead back then, now that he mentioned it...
Soon after, he was asked about what he normally did before the current state of affairs.
"I used to be a trader and it was pretty fun" The dragon replied. "I had to go to the Guild's main heardquarters in the Capital and pay up for this badge so i could work on my own and for people to ID me with no strings attached or anything. Ended up getting it sewn to my backpack, and tore it away when all of this started. Sure, i could have cheaped out and signed as a regular of the Guild and get them benefits like a couple o' discounts, a place in a group and some starting help for a part of my earnings, but i prefer to answer to no one. Had to do a couple deliveries to his workplace, believe it or not" Valadir explained, nodding to Wolnir's direction on the last bit, who was talking to Crys. "And i lived in a cave in northwest Irellia with a lil' town a couple flight minutes away. Knew them since i was a hatchling and visited them often for a drink or in order to get some supplies. I was practically their resident dragon."

Wolnir tried to organize himself a little while Crys talked. Too many questions at once.
"I-it doesn't get too c-cold in my room..." the orange dragon started, "I-i leave the fire on a-all the time..."
He then eyed his surroundings and had a quick look of his necklace before continuing. "I-i think the food i-is tasty b-but i'd like some e-extra options...", saying it almost like he was afraid that someone around would hear him and tell him to watch his mouth. "A-and i d-don't talk to many people a-around here since e-everyone's so cold and busy..."

As they walked, the vegetation grew denser. Valadir was kinda dissapointed to see that the trees didn't have any fruit on them but it probably was due to the season. But on the bright side, there was a good amount of snow around, which made the black dragon wish he had his cape on. Truth be told, he was starting to get cold. Under more normal circumstances, he'd start a snowball fight with Wolnir but the armor would probably take away the fun so he dismissed the thought.
"Nice change of pace, ain't it? A break from all the stone-iness" The black dragon said to no one in particular, even though he had been in a cabin for the last few days. Wolnir nodded to his friend's words. It had been several days since he last went outside for a mouthful of fresh air.

"Also, don't mean to be a party crasher or anything, but if there's something waiting for me to show up and tell me shit about my future, i'm gonna fuck off and go back the way we came", the black dragon then said while they walked.

Later they reached a point where they had to fly upwards.
"Don't ask me" Valadir said when he was asked for his opinion and Wolnir looked at him for an answer. "You making the decisions"
Wolnir ended up agreeing to the idea, eager to see how the springs were.

Sabato listened attentively. A trader in Irellia often leads to a profitable outcome. He liked how that country operates itself. The route Valadir had chosen made sense. Keeping to himself more. Having fewer but more trustworthy friends. The kitsune resented that life. It’s ignorant of the outside world and the happenings behind the shadows but, generally a happier life when you don’t know the evil the befalls the land. Now that the dragon is aware of it, naturally, he is less open, cautious, and more anxious. Harder to be joyful. At least that is his conclusion. Crystal destroys that idea. She’s… Very interesting.

“That is good to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Your life would have seen many fruits. It poses a question, however. If you do not mind me asking. After this is over, will you go back to it?

Crystal couldn’t agree more. The drakes are not as welcoming as they first appear. The culture is mentally straining and bleak.

“Honestly Wol. I can’t agree with you more. They aren’t very exciting. The way they live is like they are just trying to survive. Many of them have few possessions and all they do is work. If it’s not working, it’s starting a fight or measuring who has the longest horns as I like to call it. But, to give credit to them. They’re well thought out. If you want Wol. You can come down with us if you like. It isn’t as clean or organized as the mountain but it’s home enough. The other races have arrived now and no they won’t try to kill you.”

She said that with a big smile. She really hoped that he will.

“We can see each other more!”

“Isn’t it Val? Little retreats like this are always great. A small get away from all your responsibilities once and a while. It’s refreshing.”
The environment is nice. Well nice enough for winter. A little cold. Good thing she has too many tails. Thinking of such things, she can’t believe she hasn’t asked this question before but-

Valadir vocalized his precautions before she could continue. Can’t blame him for it.

“Don’t worry Val. I’m sure there isn’t. Even if there is, Sabato knows a few tricks. Isn’t that right Mr. I can be an assassin at times.”

Sabato didn’t respond. Nor did he look at her. Only sighed and kept walking.

Just before they flew, Crystal eyed Val a little. She couldn’t quite tell why he would say his answer in such a manner. Either because it’s Wol’s birthday and wanted whatever Wol wanted, or he is in a bit of a don’t touch me mood. Whichever way, they went up. Sabato on top of Valadir and Crystal rested on Wolnir.

The air got colder as they climbed higher. The altitude they will end up in, the air can become very thin. Crystal cast a spell the compacted the air around them so they can breathe easier and made it leisurely for the dragons to fly. The first hot spring they passed is right at the sound of the mountain. Water from above poured into it and it flowed back out down the mountainside. It was only a small pocket of water. Barely enough room to fit two of them. Sabato instructed them to go a little higher. Follow where the water comes from. Eventually, they found the source. An opening into the mountain itself. A podium before the threshold. As if to welcome them.

“There.” Sabato’s excitement grow.

The dragons had to land one at a time due to the size of the platform. After they all touched ground. They proceeded forward. The tunnel is rather small and dark. The air is hot and humid. Warm water trickled around their feet. Sabato is forced to take his leather shoes off. Crystal however is already barefoot. After their short trip through the dark channel, they reached the expected light at the end. They found themselves at the base of a massive rocky enclosure. Spherical in shape and full of pools of different heights and sizes, trickling from one to the next all the way down to them, where the water exited. The top is open to the blue sky, letting in plenty of illumination. Furthermore, the springs are decorated the white diamonds and plants. Where the water isn’t, thick, soft moss grows. Forbs typically a bright flower are also present. However, the most striking plant is of one that neither Crystal nor Sabato have seen before. It is dark purple and takes form of a fern with solid wing-shaped leaves. Steam rose from the pools. The air is still warm but not as humid, thanks to the natural ventilation up top.

Crystal is a little dumbfounded. Not only how beautiful the place is but how it came about. It’s an anomaly.

“Safe to say it was worth the travel.”

She didn’t really wait for anyone. She started walking forward ready to explore the place. She only took a few steps forward before someone shouted to her.

“Crystal!? What are you doing here?”

She looked up and a few pools down she saw Haru. Covered by only a light brown towel around his waist. His Orange tails dripping water as is his hair dark blonde hair.

“Haru, what are you doing here!? I thought you said you’re on a very important mission- Wait a minute. Did you lie to me?” She sounded extremely hurt.

Sabato looked down and made a blank face.

“Here we go.”

Muttered to himself.

“Did you lie to me so you can come here by yourself? Without me!”

Crystal grew very angry very quickly. Evident in her up roaring tone.”

“Um… Let’s not jump to conclusions just yet.”

Haru shriveled back a little bit.

“Didn’t you think I’d have a slight interest? How could you? How dare you! You’re going to pay for it.”

She shook a fist in the air and darted after him.

Haru fled just as quickly and in a few seconds, they are out of sight. Just the muffled yelling could be heard.

Sabato looked up.

“That is a normal occurrence between them and yes they know each other very well. He is a very bright fox. Like Crystal but more… Formal. That is beside the point here we are. Enjoy yourselves, I guess. I might join you later, I want to see something first.

"Probably, if i get the chance" Valadir began replying Sabato's question. The dragon had actually thought about it before, and honestly he wanted to resume his former job. "Although it depends on how everything stands then. It'll be interesting to see how the trade routes change, specially since there's bound to be a ton of relief efforts"

Wolnir nodded a couple times when Crystal talked about her perception about the drakes, thinking her opinions were on point. It really did look like they only lived to work and fight without bothering to enjoy their days. Not a lifestyle he'd like to have. It sounded too dull and mentally exhausting, thinking that it wasn't that different from his days fighting for his life.
The orange dragon seemed to worry when she suggested that he could go and stay with her and her pals so he could get a change of pace. While the idea of getting to spend more time with her sounded good, he was paranoid about the circumstances.
"H-how do you k-know the aren't going t-to kill me? A-and what i-if the drakes find out i-i'm staying w-with you?" He said nervously.

"Yup. Shame i didn't bring the cape though" the black dragon said to Crys' opinion about getting out of the mountains for a change, although he could see she was referencing his temporary absence.

"Hmmpf", the black dragon grunted when the kitsune tried to assure him that nothing would come to pester him about the future. With his luck, he wasn't having it.

The dragon returned the stare she was giving him, and then let Sabato get on him. Now that he thought about it, Crys didn't climb on him often for transport, thinking that maybe it reflected how relationships stood.
They were on the air shortly after. The altitude wouldn't have affected the dragons if the spell wasn't active since your average dragon's respiratory system allows them to breathe normally on that altitude. They did notice the effects of the spell though, and if anything it made things slightly simpler.

"Soooooo... You turning 55 today, right?" Valadir asked to Wolnir after concluding that the spell was probably cast because of the kits not being used to the height.

"I-i'm not sure...", he replied while feeling a bit ashamed. Who didn't know their own age? In his defense, the last year had been too different. "C-can your remind me h-how long we were d-down there?"

"If i'm remembering correctly, we been a year and around three months. Sooooo....
" Valadir then took a moment to think. "That means you turned 55 while down there and now you should be turning 56, if all i said is right..."

Wolnir nodded when he heard the numbers, thanking Val for the trouble. He wondered what he and his group were doing during his hatchday. Maybe it was one of the days were they didn't get attacked?

Wolnir landed first on the ledge. Both reptiles shared some opinions on the place when they entered. It was curious yet a bit flamboyant.

"L-looks good!" Wolnir told Sabato, seeing why he insisted on coming to the place.

Valadir was helping the orange dragon with his armor when Crys got herself into a heated argument.
"That the boyfriend you told me she has?" The black dragon whispered to his friend in order to not be heard. Wolnir nodded in return.

After leaving the armor by the entrance and waving their goodbyes to the kitsune, the dragons went to two separate pools that were adjacent to eachother, with Wolnir leaving his new necklace on the edge of his pool, just in case the water did something to it. Overall, they found it pretty relaxing.
"Kinda reminds me of the bath when we arrived", Val told his friend.

“Everyone who joins the guardians are exceptionally trained with their mind. Trained to have solid and sharp mental abilities. We’re all telepathic. Either born or gifted by Ansel. Furthermore, whoever has entered the mountain has gone under an intense investigation by several of the older members, including myself. We have searched their memories and if they’re being controlled, we diminish any such harmful effects. We have found some to have been probed by the Infesters and remained unbroken. Other than that, we are untouched. If that doesn’t satisfy your concerns go speak with Elijah himself.” Crystal spoke in a very serious tone. Underlining that she knows it is a very sensitive topic. Sharing her concern for his safety as well.

“If you choose, I can create wards to protect you physically and mentally. Oh, and I wouldn’t worry about the drakes. If they don’t like it, they can get eaten by a Nycon wolf for all I care. Remember you do have some authority over them. It would be dishonourable on them to speak against your wishes.”

Sabato climbed to the very top pool. While he did want to come the springs for the springs themselves, there is his own little secret. Roughly six hundred years ago. The biggest dragon that had ever existed nested here. His name was Diath. The story goes that each pool was where an egg was laid and that the diamonds are his scales. Fascinating but overexaggerated. His goal is to find a part of a shell of those eggs. He sat cross-legged on a patch of moss. His tails loosely drift behind him. He closed his eyes and went into a deep concentration trance. Releasing strands of his mind to search the area until he finds what he is after.

The chase didn’t last long. Haru let Crystal catch him. She tackled him to the ground and locked him in a hold for a few seconds.

“I’ll make you dinner tonight. Please let go.” Haru begged for his life.

Crystal smiled. “I’ll hold you to it.”

She released him and helped him up. She didn’t pursue her question any further. Perhaps another day she will get the answer from him as to why he didn’t tell him of this place.

“It always surprises me how strong you are.”

“Thank you. Probably all my pent-up resentment coming through.” Crystal joked.

They held hands and explored the place a little, while keeping great conversation. They live close to each other yet it’s rare that they get to talk to each other. Both of their days are full of long lists. This is a rare occasion where they get to spend a great deal of time talking.

It’s been at last a half hour where they came to a stop to a small pool, hidden from everyone else’s eyes.

Haru dipped his foot in. “Fascinating isn’t it. How hot it gets.”

He kept his attention on the flowing water, he didn’t notice Crystal creeping up on him and grabbed him from behind. Her hands around his waist. He felt her breath on his neck and check and she felt a little hotter than usual. It made him a little nervous.

“Haru… It’s been so long. I’m tired and overworked. Please. I need someone to fall on to. I need to release my stress.

The male kitsune sighed. He twisted in her arms and cuddled her back. He kissed her cheek and caressed her long white hair.

“I know Crys. I understand your longing. Now is not the place, nor the time. You told me this is about Wolnir today. Not us. Let’s go to him and tonight, we can be together. With some Haru’s special dinner.”

Crystal smiled at the idea. He isn’t the best cook but that doesn’t stop him from trying.

“Ok.” She kissed him back then together, they happily skipped over to the dragons.

Aster intensely studied the enemy camp. The leader of the Ice drakes personally travelled with the war party to oversee its success in sabotaging their rivals. As planned from the leader’s clan meet. The ice drakes quickly mobilized themselves to slow down the enemies’ advancements as much as possible. They travelled North, past the borders. To the foothills just in view of the Ruined Stronghold. A once powerful wall to keep monsters like themselves out of the mainland. The war party consisted of three hundred ice drakes and twenty skydrakes, mostly consisting of hunters but, all the drakes are very capable at every task. The sky drakes, however, have a different role to play.

Aster himself and two others hid on a small hill, studying the occupied stronghold. The barrier itself. A heavily fortified, fifty-five metres high stone wall. Towers lay across the wall every twenty metres. Ballista planted on the wall, as well as soldiers holding large crossbows.

“They’re well prepared… This isn’t looking like a fair fight.” Slithra pointed out. He is the war chief if the Ice drakes.

“No, hence why we are here. To thin numbers and gain as much knowledge as we can before they proceed into the mountains.” Aster confirming their reason with his chilling voice.

Gathrae, the second drake to accompany Aster studied the ballista closely. The appointed leader for the skydrakes.

Aster noticed his staring and questioned him, “What do you see Gathrae?”

“Those ballista… They seem advanced. I can’t say for sure, but I think they can load themselves.”

Aster looked at them. He cannot see what he means. Gathrae is a skydrake so his vision is far greater than his own.

“What are you suggesting?”

“We should destroy as many as we can.”

The three drakes studied the wall a little longer before returning to the main group. They decided to use the cover of night to infiltrate the wall and cause chaos. Until then, they stay hidden behind the hills and prepare their tools of death.

Pitch black. The only light came from the small fire he kept streaming from his maw. The tunnel continued to go down further into the earth. The floor is surprisingly smooth as well as the walls. The stone is black with sapphire veins. Stone unlike any other. It is as if the walls themselves contain powerful mana. Eragon’s mind quickly became disoriented. The air is heavy. He felt short of breath. The spirits that live in the Crystal caves are aware of his arrival. He can feel them move. In response, they surrounded his mind but made no hard attempt to enter it for now. Still, Eragon is determined to find whatever power they hide. Determined to take hold of it.

At last. Faint but visible. A glow approaches. The end of the tunnel. He ends the stream of fire and let his eyes adjust to the low light ahead. The closer he got the mustier the air became. These spirits. They started pressing into his mind. Looking for a flaw in the drake’s mental defence. The closer he got the harder they squeezed. Eragon stopped for a second to catch his breath. He placed a hand on the wall. The mental battle started affecting his body. But he pressed on. The light in front of him gets closer. The battle becomes harder. As if they are trying to stop him from what they are hiding. His vision started to cloud. Legs and arms weakened. He dropped to all four, unable to support himself on his legs. He crawled his why forward. The light continues to grow, strengthening his eargerness and still whatever force that is against his mind barrages his mind harder and harsher.

“Nearly… There. Just a few more- “

The low glow touched his body. The spirits immediately left him. The sudden flee left him unbalanced and he dropped to his stomach. He felt relief. It was a similar experience when he visited the guardians but much more intense. He took a few minutes to recover before slowly picking himself back to his feet, still short of breath. The air did clear. Easier to breathe. The place is surprisingly lit. A low blue glow seemed to project everywhere without a source. Ten metres before him, a great ball of pulsating red light. It hovered right in front of him. Eragon went to touch it. The light emitted a thundering roar and grew. He stepped back not knowing what he had done.

”YOU CANNOT BE CONSUMED!” A loud voice surrounded his mind. Abruptly the pressure started against his mind with greater force and the ball went into his body. Eragon roared and collapsed to the ground.

Crystal and Haru caught up to the dragons. Seeing them relaxed in separate steaming pools. Haru didn’t waste a second. He took off all his clothes and stepped into the same pool as Val. Crystal on the other hand sat on the ground next to them. She was just happy to see the others happy.

Haru rested up against the edge of the pool. His arms over the side to keep him afloat.

“So he finally get to meet Val. Your name as well as Wolnir’s pop up often back home. My name is Haru as you probably heard.”

He eyed Crystal for yelling at him before. In return she titled her head and smiled.

“Anyway, Val. We’ll start with you. I want to hear your side of the story. When did the Broken era start for you? When did you first notice the change? What was your first attack? What did you do to survive?” Haru is eager for answers. Of cause he knows a couple of the stories that go around but he wanted to hear Valadir’s point of view.

Crystal sighed. Before Valadir could say anything, she added. “Excuse his directiveness Val. He tends to go straight to the point. You don’t have to answer if you’re not comfortable.”

Wolnir frowned at Crystal's explanation, thinking that her tone almost sounded aggressive. He took note about the drakes not being able to deny him of his wishes, thinking that he could use that to get to different places around the mountain next time he was alone and bored like the last few days.

"I-i'm not sure i-if I want to b-be alongside t-the race t-that almost kills me..." The orange dragon said with uncertainty and some sadness. "T-too many m-memories..." He then thought that maybe if she was so sure and insistent about it, maybe there was something he was missing. With that thought, after a moment then said "B-but I g-guess I could go f-for a bit if y-you are so sure..."

The dragon nodded when his friend told him that the place made him recall the bath they had when they first arrived.
"I-i wish we had s-some soap and the l-like... Didn't h-have one since then"

"Yeah, me too" Valadir replied, thinking that he had had one since he left. He then closed his eyes and sank some more in the pool.
After a while, as he thought he could fall asleep in there, someone had come and gotten into his pool. Opening his eyes back, it turned out to be Crystal's boyfriend.

The questions rubbed the dragon the wrong way. Who did he think he was to ask such personal things? Valadir tried to aggresively slap him with his tail.
"Get the fuck outta here!"

The situation had caught Wolnir off guard, wishing that such things didn't happen in what it was supposed to be his happy day.
"Guys, p-please...."

The attack caught Haru by surprise. He didn’t have time to move out the way. He propped his arms up in front of his chest. Regardless, he’s a light weight and Valadir is a dragon. The attack struck him hard at the chest and tossed him against the side of the pool. Despite his arms up in defence, a rib broke.

Crystal took quick action. Placed a hand on the ground. Mana shot from her body. Into the ground and struck Haru. A white flash, the male kitsune disappeared as did his clothes. Water splashed to fill his place.

”Why did you do that? I had him exactly-“

”You’re insensitive! Haru sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut. The dragons have been through to much shit now.”

”Keep myself silent? We did that. Now look at them. When will you stop lying? If you won’t tell them. Someone else will. You’re growing too attached to them!”

Crystal ended her talk. She looked down in shame for a second. Reassuring herself in what she believes.

“Sorry about him. He’s gone now. Not without a harsh word from me later.”

She looked up. She felt a tear down her cheek.

“Although I would pay to see you get a few more knocks on him. He probably needs it.”

Not long after Sabato came back to check what the commotion was. After it was explained he rolled his eyes. Not surprised about it.

“Forget about him. Enjoy what we have now.”

“Get back up Berran!”

The tired drake huffed and picked himself up. He collected his weapon from the sand and faced his opponent ready for another round. He is determined. A snarl across his face to show. Blood dripped from his cheek from his rivals most recent slash from his spear. A long cut that past his scales. His training partner stared back at him, equally determined. They stood in a sand large sand pit. A hard ground to battle due to it shifting nature with every step they take.

Lenera stood watch from the outskirts of the pit. The two drakes in front of her. Berran and Falenon. Berran is a proven warrior from the Clan of Might. Has killed many trolls and nycon wolfs from the east. And Falenon, a Blademaster who serves in the Armageddon’s guard. Berran has been selected for trials to become a Blademaster. The past couple days he has gone under intense training. This morning he battles Falenon. Lenera’s first choice to test others. He’s a close friend of hers. She would do it herself but because of the egg forming in her, cannot do such intense activities.

“Again.”

Berran growled and jumped forward. Using his wings to assist him. Jabbing with his spear. Falenon didn’t make a move until the last second. Parring his attack. Forcing Barran weapon stick up exposing his belly. Falenon kicked Barren’s gut and he fell to the ground again.

Lenera rolled her eyes. After the twentieth time she finally walked into the sandpit and stomped to Berran. She grabbed him by the horn and forced him to get up. He growled at the pain. Back on his weak feet.

“Get it through your thick skull! Look at the ground you’re on. He can see you with his eyes closed. You’re slow! Go on, look at the ground.”

She forced his head back to the sand.

“Perhaps he knows your every move because of your slow footwork. The sand is making you slow numbskull. Do you have a brain between your horns? Disgusting performance. You want your title? Start thinking. That would be a good start.”

An abrupt sharp pain entered her mind. She took a couple steps back in shock. She snapped her head around looking for the source. Can’t be from the drakes in front of her. She tried to block it. Not to avail. The pain got worse and worse. She took another step back and roared. She tripped over into the sand. Her vision blurred. She heard her heartbeat in her ears.

Just before she blacked out, it stopped. Her vision cleared. Two drakes stood over her with extremely worried faces.

“Lenera. What happened? Are you feeling well?”

She looked up with a blank face. With the help of the two drakes, she got back to her feet and looked around. Trying to understand what occurred. Her eyes widened.

“Eragon! Both of you come with me.”

Lenera jumped to the sky. Flapping her wings hard and fast. Flying as fast as she could. Where? She doesn’t know. Just following her gut feeling. She didn’t look back to see if the others are behind her. Her partner of mind and soul is in terrible pain. She pushed herself to the limit. Drakes had to quickly dodge out of her way or else they will collide with her. Faster and faster, she flew. Around the mountain. She started her descent. A rather sharp fall to the ground. Her landing was hard. Legs nearly gave way. She found herself in front of the Crystal Caves entrance. She hesitated to go in. Eragon told her to never go in. The spirits that reside in there are dangerous. But her soul mate is down there. She can feel his mind.

”Eragon!”

No response.

With a growl she walked in. A narrow straight path down into the earth. The tunnel is dark and eerie. The air is thick, but she increased her pace. She kept her fear in check. She cannot hesitate now.

The is something else. Living in these caves. She senses it but cannot determine what its nature is. Whatever it is, it will not stop her.

A blue hue before her now. The end of the tunnel as far as she can tell. She quickly approached it with caution. Just past the entrance she sees a body on the floor.

“Eragon.”

She ran the last few metres over to her soulmate. She bent over his body and instantly checked his vitals. He has a pulse. It’s slower than normal but his breathing is normal, and his head is cool. She tried to contact his mind again but no reply again. She scanned the cave to see if there is any danger. When she was satisfied that there is nothing that will hurt them she immediately picked up Eragon and shuffled her way back outside.

Valadir saw how Haru disappeared. He'd be lying if he said that wasn't the outcome he was hoping for. He hoped that the kitsune disappeared to a far enough place to not disturb him anymore, but something told him he'd see him again.

"Insensitive bastard..." Val said while he took a deep breath. He didn't notice her tears since he thought those drops were due to the water show that just happened.

"I'll do it for free!" The dragon replied with a small laugh, sinking back to the water.

Wolnir had covered himself from the flying water with one of his wings. A part of him wanted to speak up to stop things from both getting any worse and from keep ruining his hatchday, but things got over pretty quickly. He did, however, look at Val in a scolding manner as to show his disapproval at his excessive manners, but he didn't seem to care at all.

Everyone evidently in a sour mood. baked a few treats before-hand and decided it would be appropriate to reveal them now. To lighten up the mood. She wiped her face and turned around so the other cannot see what she is up too. Her hands in front of her, palms facing up. She concentrated in preparation to manipulate more mana.

All the while, Sabato sat between the dragons and decided to show what he discovered. To start up a lighter conversation he started,

“Here is something you two might want to hear.”

From within his kimono, he pulled out a white calcite piece, twice the size of his hand. The piece is smooth and thin and has a slight curve. He did his best to clean it with what he had but dirt still stuck to it. However, its colour still can be discerned as an off-white.

“The ground we sit upon used to be an incubator by the largest dragon that ever lived Long before mine or Crystal’s time. His name was Diath. It is said to be that his scales were as white as snow. That he was so large he could wrap his wings around the tip of mountains, and it would create the illusion that the mountain top was covered in snow.”

He passed the shard to Wolnir for him to inspect.

“That is a piece of one of his many eggs. The story goes that each pool is where an egg was laid and that the diamonds, we see are his scales. A little story the drakes share with each other. Possibly why they do not come here to visit often. It is like them to do that I believe.”

Crystal turned back around with two white plates in her hands. One plate with big cookies and muffins for the dragons and the other plate with small ones for the kitsune.

“Thought this would be a pleasant time to introduce some appetizers. A nice break from a drake’s diet wouldn’t it be.”

Valadir, being closer to her she server him first. Held the plate in front of him to let him pick what he wants before going to Wolnir. Lastly, she put the other plate in front of Sabato and she sat down next to him and ate a couple of biscuits.

“Interesting tale Sabato. Can’t say I haven’t heard it before.” Speaking with her mouth full

“At least the drakes respect it more than we do. That is something they have going for them.”

A couple of minutes later Crystal pulled a jug filled with water and four cups out of thin air. Two large cups and two small cups. She filled them all with water and distributed out to everyone.

She sat back down and sighed.

“At least it’s quiet here.”

Sabato successfully drew the dragons attention to himself. Valadir sighed when the kitsune was telling the story. He'd have loved it back in his hatchling days, but now he was having a hard time believing it, being unsure if it was because of the recent events or because it sounded too out of proportion. If anything, it was entertaining.

Wolnir seemed to be more invested than his friend on the story, and he gladly took the chance to be with the egg piece. Part of him wanted to try to clean it up a bit more but he chose not to, just in case he accidentally broke it.
"A-and what happened to him? He dead?" The orange dragon asked as he returned the egg piece.

Crystal then came around with some snacks.
"Oooohhhh" Valadir emitted as he was presented with the plate with muffins and cookies. "Thanks!" he said while grabbing two muffins for himself with excitement, while Wolnir took the remaining one and a pair of cookies. The muffins were dark in color, safe to assume they had chocolate in the mix and with several small spheres sticking out. The black dragon took a bite and said spheres turned out to be blueberries. The chocolate flavor paired really well with those and consistency-wise they were really tender.
"Can't remember the last time i had one o' these!" The black dragon said with his muzzle full. "Where'd you get them?" he asked after swallowing. Wolnir could be see trying the cookies, which looked like oversized teatime butter cookies. He made a gesture with one of his free paws to express his approval.

The dragons thanked the water, although they probably wished it was something else like a cup of tea.
"Yeah, except for this thing a bit ago. At least no one's pestering me with the usual stuff", Val added.

Sabato gratefully received the egg shard back. Carefully placing it on the ground on his other side in the event Valadir chose to inspect it. He leaned back onto his elbows and finished his cookie before answering.

“Hard to say. A couple of conclusions drift around. If he had died, his remains have never been found. Few say he flew high into the sky and became a cloud that guides people who are lost at heart. A beacon of hope. Others say he went south. Over the great seas. Allegedly looking for something critical. Something about the beginning of a race… I will beg to argue that is farfetched.”

Crystal eyed Sabato. Curious about the last couple of sentences. She remembered seeing something in Reptar’s mind.

"Don't be too hasty on that conclusion. Daith was one of the oldest dragons to roam the lands. There is no telling the endless knowledge he had and what he has had seen. Probably would give Elijah a run for how much he knows. It would be a great honour to have met him.”

Sabato nodded. He couldn’t agree more with her last comment.

She snapped out of her line of thought upon hearing Val.

“Oh. You’re welcome, Val. I made them early this morning. Thought you both would enjoy them very much. As a matter of fact, I have another present for you Wol. But that will be for later. Thought to tell you now in case I forget.”

At that moment, both Crystal and Sabato felt a pinch in their minds. Their ears perched up. They both looked at each other, suddenly worried. Sabato took to his feet quickly and brushed the crumbs off. A stern expression across his face. His tails flicked franticly, showing his sudden readiness.

“Sorry to cut it short. Something important decided to show itself. Please excuse me.”

He walked down to the entrance to pick up his things and left. As he left, the kitsune’s had an exclusive conversation with her opening with,
”Whatever that was. It’s not happy. Be careful Sabato, please. Alert other Guardians.”

”I’m sure they know. Anyone with a strong mind would have felt that pulse. It was close to us. Perhaps the Crystal Caves.”

”Place wards. They will attack if you get too close.”

”They will not know I will be there.”

Crystal ended her awkward quiet pause by letting go of the breath she was holding in. She had no doubt the dragons caught on to their concern. Obviously would want an explanation. She will half tell the truth. Especially for Valadir’s sake.

“Sabato and I felt like an energy explosion somewhere. Not quite sure what it is however it’s nothing new. Sabato will take care of it.”

She’s confident Sabato can handle it. With that in mind, she can relax a little.

“In fact now that Sabato isn’t here…”

She stood up and walked next to Wonlir’s pool. She untightened all her clothes and let them drop to the floor. She stepped into his pool with a sigh of relief. Sunk herself in water all the way up to her neck.

“Ahh. Now that’s a hot pool. Now I’m glad we did this. Oh, don’t tell Sabato. He’d think I’m reverting to my past or something stupid like that. Bit of a zealot that one. Good friend.”

Sabato climbed down the steep mountain. As fast as he could. The snow didn’t help. Slipping to his death a couple of times. He did manage to reach the base relatively unscathed. He is east of the Golden Mountain. The Crystal Cave is also on the east side. Based on where he felt the energy source, he ran South. All the while creating magical wards to protect his mind and his body. He has some knowledge of the magical caves. He knows that spirits dwell there. Also, that drakes see it as sacred ground. However he approaches the problem, there cannot be a miss-step. He created a spell to hide his presence from the cave. Not sure if it will work but it's worth the attempt.

Eventually, he spotted it. Figures in the distance. He made them out to be drakes. He crept closer. Fifty metres away from them, he hid behind a rock and examined the situation. Two drakes stood in front of an entrance to a cave. Presumably the renowned Crystal Caves. He’s never seen it before. He imagined it would look more… Well fancier to say the least. The drakes looked alerted. They stared down the cave. A minute later someone came out holding a limp body. His eyes widened as he realised it is Lenera and Eragon. Eragon is unconscious, carried by his soulmate. The thought of not interfering sounded like a good idea. However, Lenera has been gracious to the Guardians by letting them into their territory. Whatever happened to her soulmate. He should try to help. He slowly approached the drakes.

Lenera was the first to notice him. She put Eragon down and stood over him. She flared her wings and roared at Sabato. The other two drakes in response pointed their weapons at the kitsune.

“Stay back!”
Lenera growled with a fierce snarl.

Sabato lifted his hands as a friendly gesture.
“I felt it too. Please let me help. I’m a friend of Crystal.”

Lenera stared him down. She had no reason to distrust the kitsune. She knows they are powerful. Perhaps he can do something useful.
“If you hurt him. Your spine will be separated from your flesh fox.”

She dropped her guard and ordered the other drakes to back off so Sabato can approach Eragon.

The kitsune rushed over to Eragon. Aware of Lenera’s close eye on his back. He placed a hand on Eragon’s forehead. His scales felt alien to him. Regardless, He dove into his mind and is immediately overwhelmed by the energy. He recoiled back and approached again with small steps. He’s unconscious but his mind is working overtime. It is as if he is having a fever without any symptoms of yet.

“Well? What is it!”
Lenera demanded answers.

With a calm voice, Sabato replied,
“His mind is swirling with an unhealthy amount of activity. He’s coming down with a fever.”

He noticed a black mark on the drake’s neck. It leads down to his chest. Curious he unstrapped his chest plate. Lenera hissed at what she saw. It is as if his scales on his chest have turned to charcoal. His once shiny purple scales are now a dull black colour. Like he has been blasted in the chest with fire. But his armour is unscathed.

“Impossible, He’s immune to fire.”
Lenera couldn't believe it.

Sabato ran his hand over it. They felt hot and burnt.
“Not fire. Mana. He needs immediate attention.”

“Falenon. Take Eragon to the Sanatorium. Barren, take Sabato.”

Lenera shouted orders at her companions.

Sabato rolled his eyes, knowing it is going to be an uncomfortable flight.

Last edited:
"I-i hope the last one happened..." Wolnir said after Sabato's speculation of Daith's disappearance. "Hope h-he found what he w-was looking for..." The dragon clinged to the idea of him being alive out of hope, seemed like an interesting someone to meet. If he was alive, did he hear about what was going down? The orange one could only wonder.

A small part of Valadir's mind began to start believing in the story. It was mostly because how naturally they talked about it, but he still remained largely skeptical. Lots of tales like that roaming around with no way to truly verify them.

"How much you charging for a couple of these every other day?" The black dragon said with joking tone but meaning every word. He then started eating the second one.

Wolnir smiled a bit when he heard he'd get a gift later, starting to wonder what it could be.

The dragons did pick up that something was up, looking at the kitsunes' direction and at Sabato as he ran away. Wolnir asked Crystal what was up, hoping that thing wouldn't ruin his day, while Val crossed his claws hoping that it had nothing to do with him, which luckily it wasn't.
"Not really used to you without that thing on..." He then said when Crys got undressed. His friend didn't seem tocare much since themselves didn't wear anything most of the time.

"Why'd he think that? Cause of the thing about you wrecking havok before getting reformed?" Val asked.

Crystal chuckled.

“Do I charge for them? Well, that’s not a bad idea but no. I bake for the interest of others. Not my own benefit. Never needed. I’ve always had enough.”
She better stop talking before she turns it into a lecture. As much as she wants to share her thoughts. The way she lives and sees life. There is a time and place for such talking. Today is for relaxing.
“Quite good aren’t they. Turns out living for a long time makes your baking proper.”

Onto the other subject.
“After I turned to Elijah for help. Yes, reform is a word for it. While I first started with the Guardians, I did lose the plot a couple of times. Not being able to wrap my head around how they do things. I left the Guardians and went back to what a knew. Which was… My immoral ways. It was Haru who brought my back every time.”

She wiped her eyes as they are getting watery.

“Wow. Makes me a little emotional just thinking about it. Whenever I would hint to do something that my old self would do. Both Haru and Sabato pull me up on it. Mainly Sabato. As you can tell by now, he’s very strict and honor-bound. It’s good that they do. We always check up on each other. We’re all kitsune and we know what our culture is like. It isn’t pleasant. Anyway, I made a better judgment. We’re all mature here. It’s not like we look at each other with licentious taste. Besides, who do I have to talk to if I went on my own? My shadow?”

Crystal looked at the plate she was eating from before. Still sees a couple of biscuits. She rotated and leaned over the pool edge to grab them. Revealing her tattoo-covered back to Wolnir. A giant silver marking across her small form. A picture of a sitting silver fox with nine silver tails.

She just managed to grab the plate to drag it over to her and finish the remaining treats.

“Don’t mean to gloat. They are pretty good… Wol. Excited about the brewery later? I reckon they’ll be in full production right now.”

Valadir shrugged in a "suit yourself" kind of way when he was told he wouldn't get charged for more cupcakes, and nodded when Crystal "asked" him if those were good. It was probably better that way. He had no money to go around with, and if he remembered correctly the place ran in a highly controlled economy which was bad for his business. Shortly after he finished his last treat. If he decided to leave later he'd surely miss those.

"Ye, doubt they liked that..." Val said when she talked about how once he left that group of hers. The dragons nodded when she said how Sabato was heavily honor-bound. Really noticeable.

"Well... yeah, haven't you tried?" The black dragon said in an attempt to make a joke at her expense when she said she usually gets bored when she goes on her own.

"W-what's the tattoo a-about?" Wolnir asked when Crys turned around and made her tattoo visible.

"Y-yeah! The orange dragon then said when he was asked if he was excited about the brewery visit. "I-I have an idea for them to t-try but I'm not sure if t-they'll like it..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back