• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Bring out your dea--- partners

(I copied these from one of my threads so I understand if you get confused. If you do tell me which part is confusing.)

Fallout:

Plot one:Vault 113. Like all Vaults it was created before the great war. But unlike all Vaults this one didn't let anyone in. Rather it was meant to open after one hundred and thirty years, assuming a nuclear war actually happened. This vault sent out a radio broadcast to any nearby radio's. When the wastelanders arrived and explored this Vault...Well, it closed behind them. This Vault was meant to turn Wastelanders into Vault Dwellers, and to see how people from the outside world would adjust to a peaceful underground life...Only to steal said life from them generations later...

Plot two: Thanks to the work of the Sadistic Courier Caesars legion was able to take over the mojave wasteland. That was twenty years ago. Now the legion is stronger then ever. House, the Boomers, and the brotherhood of steel have been wiped out, Robert house assassinated. And the NCR barely holding itself together. But what happens when two legends. One from the past, the other from another wasteland, find the chaos of the New mojave wasteland?

(These are just the main one.)

Ashman74 said:
(I copied these from one of my threads so I understand if you get confused. If you do tell me which part is confusing.)
Fallout:

Plot one:Vault 113. Like all Vaults it was created before the great war. But unlike all Vaults this one didn't let anyone in. Rather it was meant to open after one hundred and thirty years, assuming a nuclear war actually happened. This vault sent out a radio broadcast to any nearby radio's. When the wastelanders arrived and explored this Vault...Well, it closed behind them. This Vault was meant to turn Wastelanders into Vault Dwellers, and to see how people from the outside world would adjust to a peaceful underground life...Only to steal said life from them generations later...

Plot two: Thanks to the work of the Sadistic Courier Caesars legion was able to take over the mojave wasteland. That was twenty years ago. Now the legion is stronger then ever. House, the Boomers, and the brotherhood of steel have been wiped out, Robert house assassinated. And the NCR barely holding itself together. But what happens when two legends. One from the past, the other from another wasteland, find the chaos of the New mojave wasteland?

(These are just the main one.)
So in the first one we would be the descendants of the Wastelanders turned Vault Dwellers as we are forced back out into the hellish wasteland our ancestors came from? Also do you have a location of this to take place? I would prefer a place not seen in Fallout 3 or New Vegas for reasons listed below although I am fine with using them or any other Fallout game.

As for the second one I wouldn't mind that one but I'm not to sure about the minor locations of the wastelands. Most of the time I get to play I only have limited amount of time so I fast travel between all the big places. So if the adventure took us though any of those smaller out of the way places my OC might get a little quieter/less active cause I'm not really sure whats around. Best example of this is that I've owned the game for a few years and only recently have I got around to checking out the Great Khans main camp, Ranger station Echo, and clearing out the mining site of Death Claws (I also didn't play for a year or so and then bought all the DLCs before re-starting, playing most of it again, and checking these places out (resent stopped on Lonesome Road before the showdown with Ulysses, after getting through Honest Hearts))

I haven't thought of one for the first one yet, but it takes place somewhere thats not related to the games. I've been looking into places that might work. I originally planned for it to be in some part of Canada but I changed my mind.

That might be a problem, in this one theres going to be a lot of references to Fallout 1 and 2 plus traveling to the locations in that one. It would mainly be focused on the bigger places however.

Ashman74 said:
I haven't thought of one for the first one yet, but it takes place somewhere thats not related to the games. I've been looking into places that might work. I originally planned for it to be in some part of Canada but I changed my mind.
That might be a problem, in this one theres going to be a lot of references to Fallout 1 and 2 plus traveling to the locations in that one. It would mainly be focused on the bigger places however.
Awww why not Canada? My home and native land (:'() (I'm Canadian. I'm also just joking. Have it take place anywhere you want ( :) ) )

I have 2-3 base setting ideas for a Fallout fan fic I was planning. (Setting in Canada but not real world locations were used so it could technically be moved to somewhere else but they got a bit backstory as to why there in Canada) We could set up Vault 113 there just to get a base setting or just go with anything you got. I don't mind it's just that I realized these places could be used in RPs as well.

As for Fallout 1 & 2 references while I've studied up on the Fallout lore and know some of the more influential people I've never had a chance to actually play those games so I don't know any real details about the games themselves..... Sorry. (' :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'm Canadian as well.) I changed my mind because I got another idea to use that took place in Canada. (Vancouver island to be specific.)

I don't really have much though as I haven't really been thinking about it.

The second plot seems to be the easier of the two to set up. Though the first might have more potential then the former.

Ashman74 said:
(I'm Canadian as well.) I changed my mind because I got another idea to use that took place in Canada. (Vancouver island to be specific.)
I don't really have much though as I haven't really been thinking about it.

The second plot seems to be the easier of the two to set up. Though the first might have more potential then the former.
('A') Another Canadian!!! What is this mexico? (My family goes down to mexico every 2nd year and a third of the people at our resorts are always Canadian)

Any RP that takes places in an area used by the game is always easier to set up then one in an area you make you're self (^.^) But if the plot needs me to know the old games and lesser known areas of New Vegas then I can't really do that (Well now that I think about it I've travel a bit of New Vegas so I know of the smaller areas it's just I don't really know the finer details) (' :| ) Although I'm more then willing to play a OC who dosen't know much other then what you need to survive in the wasteland. That way my OC will know as much as me (' :) ) and if I got to I'm not afraid to look up the wiki of an area, person, or subject to keep up with the story.

I also defently agree that the first might have more potential then the second idea. Like I said I have a few setting ideas. I could try and briefly tell them to you and see if they peek an interest and or get any plot ideas rolling. Although if ya get creative and or throw some wild wasteland perk in there plent of stuff can happen in New Vegas ( :) )..... even if most of the fun people and factions are now gone ( :( )

JACJAB01 said:
Up for a western RP?
Heck ya partner (gun) (sorry I had to you're the first to suggest a Westren (':3) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said there just base setting ripping off my fan fics setting. Just thinking they might be a good place to start or even spark something in your head for a setting. Unless you just want to do the Legion control New Vegas RP.

1.) Takes place in western Canada and by extension Alaska.

A majority of what’s left of Canada is controlled by the Tundra Alliance. A large military group made of various tribes, clans, a factions of the Tundra Westland. They are largely opposed by the Iron Army. A equally large military group from the north west (Alaska). A splinter cell group originally part of the Old World military they used their ancestors technology, weapons, and training to become a very dangerous group brutally crushing anyone who stands in their way as they aggressively expand their borders.

There are still many free groups that are merely allies or affiliates of the Tundra Alliance, a few that that ally themself with the Iron Army and even more groups that hold no alliance to anyone but themselves (most bandit groups fall under this category)

(not that good of a set up but it kind of gives some conflict to the situations)

2.) Not sure where to place this. Was thinking eastern Canada. Near the coast or great lakes. The area is controlled by 4 large groups.

The Order of the Steel Spear. Originally a Brother Hood of Steal chapter the broke away from being trapped on this side of the wall*. Now much different the actively use their technology to improve the lives of the people living in their territory. They are based in a underwater bunker (in the ocean or great lakes) with their territory being mainly along the coast line.

The Reckers. A Bandit group known for thier love of fighting, metal working skills, and mechanical expertice. They crontol the mountains. The only group not afraid to be close to the wall. Above all else it is known to all never insult a Recker's honor, mechanical skills, or fighting ability unless you're looking for a fight to the death.

The Wasteland Valkyries. Those that come from the vault. In their vault women were given the dominate roll and made to do most of the work. At first they were surprise to see so many men in charge after emerging from their vault but they quickly adapted. Luckily their vault was in the middle of a military base which they quickly turned into a fortress. Women are still dominate and hold all major rolls while the men do they lower level stuff

and The Suits who run the city built in the intersection of the 3 territory’s. Here is where the 4 groups meet for peace talks and to decide what they are going to do (there allies so they consult each other to make sure no unexpected moves are seen as a threat)

-Wall: A long line of auto matted towers set up by both American and Canadian forces during the Great War. Each tower is just out of range of the others but they are able to catch anyone in between cross fire. After the bombs dropped the control of the towers were lost now they stand as master less sentries set to attack anything they crosses their field of view.

3.) (more an add on to the other two and my answer to the Gun Runners)

Bigs Trading. Run by Mr. Bigs these guys have set up trading posts in all major cities and have traveling trades roaming the wastelands with Bigs Trading security guards. They trade everything from weapons, to clothing, to food, to water, to anything ya need. Ya just need to find the right traveling trader or stop by at a trading post. Rumor has it if you're willing to get a little risky you can trade them in illegal goods since they aren’t technically allied with any group and don't have to follow their laws (they will be banned from that groups area so they do their best to cover it up and don't openly sell them)

I can work with any of those. Though I'm likely to get confused every so often by a few things here and there.

Ashman74 said:
I can work with any of those. Though I'm likely to get confused every so often by a few things here and there.
That's fair. ( :) ) Like I said there from a Fan Fic so they are meant to have a bunch of set up and explanations as there introduced. They can be done as any of them by themselves or combining two of them (would suggest a 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 since 1 & 2 might be putting to much on the board to fast) or even all of them at once (once again probably a bad idea with too much at once)

[QUOTE="KG Death Bot]That's fair. ( :) ) Like I said there from a Fan Fic so they are meant to have a bunch of set up and explanations as there introduced. They can be done as any of them by themselves or combining two of them (would suggest a 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 since 1 & 2 might be putting to much on the board to fast) or even all of them at once (once again probably a bad idea with too much at once)

[/QUOTE]
Alright. Want me to PM you?

KageFarenheit said:
Im wondering if youre still looking up for partners , m8 .
The more the marrier I always say ( :) ) (So yes. Yes I am.)

Did you see anything you liked on my list or do you have a suggestion of you're own?

Ashman74 said:
Alright. Want me to PM you?
Okay. Super emberesing (':3) I swear this message wasn't here when I typed my last one (even though I see yours came first) and I swear I never got the notification for it.

If ya still want to you can still PM me. (Won't blame you if it's a no)

(OMFG I'm sorry it took so long to get back.) The only reason I found you're message is because I came to say I updated my origonal post. Oddly enough one of the things I added is what people should do if I don't respond and the reasons I don't respond. Guess I should add just strait up missing you're message as one.

Hay yall.

I updated my origonaly post. Added some stuff to Rule's, My Style, and about My Time

(music)(music) UPDATE (music)(music)

I added an interest for fantasy RP's that are simular to Thrilling Intent

I also added "No More Heroes" & "Mad World/Amarchy Reigns" to the fandom section.

If any of this peaks interest feel free to check it out and then talk to me about it.

SavvyCross said:
I'd be up for a RWBy rp. If you are still looking for that, or maybe pirates.
Yay pirates. ( :D ) Yay RWBY. ( :D )

I'd love to do either. (^U^) Oh wait I see you sent me a PM. Let me get back to you there.

Hello! If you're still up for partners I would love to do a Mafia-styled RP! They're some of my favorites. Would you like me to PM you or vice versa and discuss ideas?

lafeae said:
Hello! If you're still up for partners I would love to do a Mafia-styled RP! They're some of my favorites. Would you like me to PM you or vice versa and discuss ideas?
Yay Mafia. ( :) ) Shoot outs, knee capping, cement shoes, Valentine Massacre, stereotypical Italians.

KIDDING.

I know there is a lot more to the Mafia life style then all that. (^.^)

Since you're saying the Mafia is one of your favorites I guess you don't want any of that added on stuff like Hitman Reborn and you'd probally like it to be a tad serious.

Either way you can just message me back here or PM me and tell me what kind of Mafia RP you're looking for.

[QUOTE="KG Death Bot]
INTRO OF AWESOME
Hello there. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

I am the KG Death Bot. Despite my fearsome name I'm very friendly. (^U^)

I've RP'ed with friends before but never on a official site and from what I've seen from creeping around some RP's our ways were very different although I believe there will be no problem converting myself to your ways (O:)) (more like (} :) ) )

MY FAVES

Guess I should state what kind of Rp's I'm into. Pretty much everything except Fandom but I'll talk about that latter.

I'll just state my faves.

- - - Anything with - - -

-pirates(<3)(In thier normal setting but I also like the idea of space pirates, fantacy Sky Pirates, and Post-Apocalypse pirates in hand made Dieselpunk ships)

-Ninjas (In any type of setting)

-Samurai (In Feudal Japan or an alternate world simular to Feudal Japan. More then willing to add in fantacy elements)

-Cowboys/Old west (In the normal old west or in Post-Apocalypse future. I'm okay/want to do plain old bada$$ Cowboys but I also I got a few ideas on adding mystic stuff if people are interisted.)

-Witchdoctor/Voodoo magic

-Shaman Magic

-First Nations mythology

-Magic gunner who enchant thier guns and bullets
-Mafia (more light hearted Hitman Reborn kind of stuff. I still like the more serious stuff but not nearly as much)

I don't want to spend our whole time back stabbing, doing back door drug deals, sneaking around, and killing innocent people. I prefure the more anime way of a Mafia group made to protect the people in thier territory. We can still do crime rackets and stuff I just don't have much fun picking on innocents all RP. I prefure more fighting other Mafia families and or crime groups and or law enforcement groups kind of like Saint's Row. I also like a Saint Rows 2 or 3 type mafia RP but without the ridiculous TV endorsements BS. Ya know pull it back towards reality a bit. (defently no Saint Rows 4)

Also as stated above I'm also all for haveing a Hitman Reborn feel in any Mafia RP I do.

Also also as always I will keep it in the bound of realism if you want but I'm also willing to act mystic and or minor super powers. (^.^)

For those of you who like it more serious I can do that as well but again I don't want to spend our whole time being dirt bags and just doing boaring basic crimes. (As you can probaly tell I like action and adventure style)
-I also like exorcists like things but only if it's more along the lines of fighting demons and monsters in general and little to nothing to do with god and the devil (I'm not big into religion. Not saying it’s bad I just personal not in any. Also I hate OP characters in RPs and whose more OP than them two)

-Any D&D/Pathfinders type fantasy type setting that has a simular feel to the series "Thrilling Intent" (It's a youtube homebrew D&D/pathfinders podcast)

-Any D&D/Pathfinders type fantasy type setting that has a simular feel to the series "Thrilling Intent" (It's a youtube homebrew D&D/pathfinders podcast)

-I'm a big fan of Steampunk, Dieselpunk, and Cyberpunk settings along with any colonial times (Pirate times), Feudal Japan, Noir/crime ridden city settings, Old west settings, or Medieval Fantasy worlds

Like I said these are just my fave but I'll also do lots of other kinds. The only things I don't like a super serious nitty gritty stuff and pure romance stuff. A bit of either thrown in with other stuff is fine but I don't like these two when that’s all there is.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Just some other stuff I like that doesn’t go into my faves

-Water worlds (kind of a Steampunk or even better Dieselpunk setting but with boats and ships in a world fully or mostly covered in water)

-Apocalypse. (Zombie or otherwise I like an good old apocalypse setting)(Edit - I should mention I prefure the survivor towns with hand constucted walls of sheet metal and bardbed wire along with some good old bandit raiders)

-Medieval fantasy based guilds (like Fairy Tail but with more of a Skyrim feel to it)

FANDOM

As for Fandoms I like them and don't like them. I'm a fan of MANY games, manga, and comics but cause I'm so all over the place I sometimes miss smaller or insignificant details other catch onto. Because of this it would be hard for me to do a Fandom RP and get everything right or at least not sound like an idot. NOW if you wana do a RP based in a fandom with NOTHING to do with the fandom’s main story or characters I'm all for it.

Fandom’s I am big fan of and willing to do in this fashion are

-One piece (set a generation or so after the end of the story (whenever that will be))

-Soul Eater (set a generation or so after the end of the story (new death running the school))

-Fallout (OMG YES(<3))(Set in a part of the world not used by the games yet)(can use factions that are wide spread but I'd like to avoid any characters from the games showing up)

-Borderlands (really like this one)(On pandora but sometimes after the events of the game and or on a differnt part of the planet.

(Don't expect me to know all the differnt guns and thier stats. I also don't mind you makeing a original class or original gun as long as neither are too OP. I'm willing to do the obvious and look for a new vault or even come up with a different objective) (Also if ya want you can be a class from the game and if you want you can add a slight twist to the class)
-RWBY (set a generation or so after the end of the story)(feel free to make new types of weapons or semblances.)

(Also for those of you who know of this I would like to exempt the RWBY Nameing Rule. If ya Don't know what that is don't worry. Although if you do know it and refure to not have it then I guess we can keep it.)

-Adventure Time (Alt Universe or a few generations later or in a differnt part of the planet (prefure this one since Princess Bubble Gun and Marcaline are basicaly inmortal to time))

-InFamous (really wana do this one)(In different part of world or generations or two after the events of the games)

(Can use Conduits powers from game or original powers.)

(WARNING I will have non-conduit characters that can pose a threat to conduits cause think about it. A squad of gangsters with guns can take out a conduit if they gang up just a bit so I figure a highly trained and well equipped person could do the same. Also in the comics a man was genetically engineered to fight conduits and robotic drones were shown in the 1st game so I might expand on these concepts)

(Also reminder not all conduit powers are elements. Examples Alden Tate - Telepath and Joseph Bertrand the 3rd - turns into giant monster and possible but not confirmed Bloody Mary - Vampire Queen Lady)
-Left 4 Dead (No ideas for this one but I saw someone else had it and I desided "sure why not") (also I would really like to do this one even though I have no idea what to do (':3))

(In differnt part of the country or world and or in a Alt Unliverse where the main characters don't exist) (Will use Infected from game but if ya have any ideas for non OP original infected I'm all for it (got a few of my own but we don't have to use them if ya want to keep to game only stuff) (Will do but don't have to have it a generation or two latter so it's like in the middle of the Zombie Apocalypse)

-Bio Shock (prefured 1 or 2 but will also do infinite but I don't know as much about it)(Prefure to have a Alt Unlivers where things are a bit differnt aka main guy dosn't exist and main story dosn't happen) (Even better if we can have it a generation or two latter where no in-game characters are still around)

-Skull Girls (NO IDEA FOR A STORY WHAT SO EVER) (I just know I like the game, it's characters, and the lore surrounding it) (As always set a generation or so after the end of the game. With a new cast and New Skull Girl)

-No More Heroes (No story but I like beam katanas, thier other weapons, and thier characters) (for some reason I also like the line up of top # assassins)

(Would prefure to use OC's set a few generations after the second game)

Only story ideas I can think of are

1. Your OC as a "main character" with me GMing playing as all the other assassins's

2. Both our OC's as "main characters" with one of us GMing the other assassins or we take turns playing the assassins (I play rank 10, you play rank 9, I play rank 8, you play rank 7, ect)

(If you have any other ideas feel free to say them)

-Mad World/Anarchy Reigns (Love the DeathWatch tourronment and the leader boards with the rank# criminals) (I also like the idea of Anarcy Reigns kind of being an expansion on the world and on Jack's adventures)

(Would prefure to use OC's set a few generations after the games)

Only story ideas I can think of are

1. Your OC as a "main character" with me GMing playing as the thugs and ranking contestants

2. Both our OC's as "main characters" with one of us GMing the thugs and ranking contestants or we share the thugs and take turns playing the ranking contestants (I play the 1st ranked contestant the main characters fight, you play the second ranked contestant, I play the ranked contestnt after that, ect)

(If you have any other ideas feel free to say them)

RULES

If I ever make any RP's expect there to be quite a few rules. They won't be there to restrict you and your character but rather to put limits on what can be done (how strong you can be, how fast you can be, how smart you can be, ect).

If it's an RP with different species (Elf, Goblin, Imp, Angel, ect) I'll also make rules or rather guide lines on what each of them can do and what thier weaknesses are. These "rules" will be negotiable I just want to establish this before we get going and people start making up weird abilities on the spot that make them OP.

Example

I once saw two guys have a mini argument in a RP about if it was possible to kill a certain type of mythical creature (won't mention the type in case one of them sees this and realises I'm talking about them) This is one of the reasons I would like to talk about the limits of any mythical creatures in out of character chat.
NOW I'm NOT saying Rp's need to be this way I'm just saying this is how I'll do it. I'm more the willing to join RPs with only the base rules and no real set limits on what a mystical race can do.

Also I don't see this often but I do see it here and there so I'll just throw it out there. DON'T controll my character. You can say you character dose something to him/her but don't say how he/she reacts. Also since it there kind of the same I'll also add this even though it's pretty much a given I hate auto hitting and there will be NONE of that in any RP I run. I don't think any RP actually alows that but sometimes it slips through the gaps and happens which annoys me to no end.

MY STYLE

I prefer 1 on 1 style because I've noticed with group RPs a LOT of people show up for one or two lines then disappear. I know people have lives to live but they could at least give some warning before the poof away forever or at least not take up an important role in the story.

Now while I may never start up a Group RP I've seen a few I’d like to join so don't think I'm just being a grump about this. ( >:( )

guess I should mention I'm good with playing either gender as that seems to be an important fact here. I also like to play as multiple characters and almost always give my character extreme personalities. I don't mean there all over the top action people but if I make someone who is kind hearted and forgiving there going to be supper nice to everyone and if I make some lazy they walk around in a daze and lean/go to sleep on other characters. I can and will do more calmer character these are are just the more extreme examples

Also I should mention I like to talk and build the world a bit. We don't need to carve everything in stone but we should at least figure out the things that basic people would know. Like for example. "There is a dark forest to the east of the city. Whats in the forest? No one really knows but we do know all kinds of beasts call it home." here we know there a forest. We know there are beasties in there. But we don't know why or what kind or what types of adventures we will have there.

This will probably drive a few of you away but I don't like to do multiple paragraphs all the time and will often only do one when interacting with your character. Why I do this? And why would I like you to do it to? Because I hate when someone wright a 5 paragraph post with multiple interactions with my character but you give me no chance to respond to the first few. Heck what if my characters reaction to your first paragraph made it impossible to do the latter ones.

Example

(cutting all the extra flavor stuff and turning the paragpahs into small sentances thta are just the main point)

Paragraph 1: You're character is being chased. You grab my character and run.

Paragraph 2: You pull my character after you down the road

Paragraph 3: You turn down an ally and go into a random open door and close it

My problems with this is if my character doesn’t know your character is being chased they probably don’t want to get yanked around or pulled into a random run. Same for paragraph 2. Now that’s 2 now my character DEFENTLY should have been able to protests the yanking and running. In paragraph 3 my character may not want to go down a dark ally. Maybe they don't like dirty places or dark places or places where they could be mugged. If any of that is true then they would pulled away and protest. Again the door is a second chance for any of these fears/dislikes to kick in a for my character to protest.
Now I'm not saying you need to hold my hand and give it to me one sentence at a time. Just remember to keep the actual interaction per post to a minimal so I can have my character respond appropriately

DON'T WORRY

I WILL NEVER leave the RP with out telling you first. If I don't message you back send me another in OOC telling me I missed the 1st message

WARNING

I am most likely dyslexic and tend to mess up some simple words if I'm not paying attention. This doesn’t happen often and in RP I re-read my stuff before sending it but it might slip through. Also OOC I type how I talk with slang and shortened words but this DOSE NOT continue in the actual RP except for if my character talks with slang or shortened words in which case only their speech will be like this

MY TIME

I have lots of free time I spend on the internet (^U^) so during this time I can check out this site constantly for replies and get back to you ASAP but I sometimes I also go dark for a bit. If I'm about to disappear into the dark abyss I'll let any in an RP with me know before it happens.

I should add if I don't respond withing the same day it's probaly because of 2 major reasons

1.) Ya sent me a lot of words (several paragaphs) and I'm thinking up a good response (I will get back just give me time)

2.) Ya sent me not enough words (like half a sentance). When I askfor info or your opponion on something this can be major problem. Like in real life you need to give me something I can respond to (I'll try and get back to you but it may slip my mind. Don't be afraid to send me another message to grab you're attention)

Also I should probably say I'm about 3 hours and a couple minutes behind the time stamps on this site so if it's early morning for the site I'm probably still asleep.(Z_Z)

WRAP UP

Well that’s it for now. Wow that was a badly written self into. I'll edit it/add more if anything comes to mind. Thank you for reading my rambling(:3)

[/QUOTE]
You had my heart at Thrilling Intent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back