• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Botany Bay

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

This is a historical fiction based on the colonization of Australia. It is set to start in 1794 after the initial setup of the penal colony in Botany Bay.

The convicts had committed a variety of crimes, including theft, perjury, fraud, assault, robbery, for which they had variously been sentenced to death, which was then commuted to penal transportation for 7 years, 14 years, or the term of their natural life.

Convicts were assigned to work gangs to build roads, buildings, and the like. Female convicts, who made up 20% of the convict population, were usually assigned as domestic help to soldiers.

Free Settlers didn’t arrive until around 1793 and as a trickle. Most didn’t arrive until after 1815.

Your Character
You are a female convict brought by the First Fleet. The actual number of convicts that arrived in the First Fleet is still a matter of debate. There is no need to choose from the list. In fact, I would prefer being original. Given the date of the startup I would prefer your character to have been old enough to remember the voyage aboard a ship in the First Fleet in 1788. (9 was the minimum age sent). She will have been in Australia for 6 years. This means she could be close to being freed (if not too serious or habitual an offender. See List of Convicts above for examples.)

My Character
He is a free settler from America in the wake of its Revolutionary War. His exact status is a matter of debate. Not exactly a Loyalist, not exactly a rebel. His mother was from Canada. His father was a colonist. His butler is from, get this, Japan. He also has a bodyguard and senior butler. The butlers are - women. (As a matter of fact, he and his family and personal staff are not even from the 18th century, but refugees from the 21st.)

He will have little to do with a hardened criminal - rapists and murderers don’t deserve to live in his book. While polite, he sees everyone as pre-industrial primitives. He won’t actually SAY this. And he tries to remember that he has the advantage of hindsight. But Hell, these people haven’t even discovered penicillin or toilet paper.

But he does love the idea of living on a frontier. He is in his mid 20s.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
PM Threads (One for OOC; one for IC)
I typically manage about a page per post.
I can generally manage at least 3-4 posts per week. I tend to get bored if the posting frequency drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back