• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

Idea Idea
How this? any better? I left it open to have the possibility to have forms further on, and I'll have the back story tell why he can only do as such with his quirk right now.

Quirk: Body manipulation - His quirk changes the physique of his body, change it's color, and can even limbs to it. Though at the time being he can only grow a few inches and arms. He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura and to increase his strength.
Special Moves: Asura's Rampage - While transformed, He let's out a furry of punches with his multitude of arm. A last stitch attack...or an overwhelming attack to show off power.
Hmmm.... Defintely much better but body manipulation is a bit too broad for me to approve.

Might I suggest perhaps something based on say a strong image? Like something that leaves a strong impression on him (traumatic or admiration) and his body can morph into something halfway to it? As a base idea, of course.

It is a good thing though to stick to this simple first form at first. Later on, with QEP , you could acquire new forms.

Kishune Kishune I also want to point out that you don't need a backstory to justify why the quirk would be limited, after all it's illegal to go around using it without a license , which is the very thing people attend Hero academies to acquire

Hmmm.... Defintely much better but body manipulation is a bit too broad for me to approve.

Might I suggest perhaps something based on say a strong image? Like something that leaves a strong impression on him (traumatic or admiration) and his body can morph into something halfway to it? As a base idea, of course.

It is a good thing though to stick to this simple first form at first. Later on, with QEP , you could acquire new forms.
Ok I understand, I'll look up a name that's better suited. I been using the Superpower wiki to help me figure out things, and it's pretty broad in it's terms. How about body duplication or body copying for the name?

I actually was thinking of the original quirk actually being like that, a strong image, as all the forms were named and based after famous and strong gods, But I just got so caught up in having elemental variations to fit the deity theme. I was originally going to stick with just a Asura theme, but thought it was to generic for development of power and character.

Kishune Kishune I also want to point out that you don't need a backstory to justify why the quirk would be limited, after all it's illegal to go around using it without a license , which is the very thing people attend Hero academies to acquire
No but i said that cause it would Help me with the backstory section more that for the quirk section. It would also would have worked for character development.

Sorry for the double post I have a habit of having multiple of the same thread up when a notification comes in as I'm making a reply and think I forgot to hit reply.

Ok I understand, I'll look up a name that's better suited. I been using the Superpower wiki to help me figure out things, and it's pretty broad in it's terms. How about body duplication or body copying for the name?

I actually was thinking of the original quirk actually being like that, a strong image, as all the forms were named and based after famous and strong gods, But I just got so caught up in having elemental variations to fit the deity theme. I was originally going to stick with just a Asura theme, but thought it was to generic for development of power and character.

No but i said that cause it would Help me with the backstory section more that for the quirk section. It would also would have worked for character development.
A generic power can interesting too , specially if you give it to a character that has a different take on it than most. Just look at Kirishima

But the "body duplication" name sounds alright. There are more problems than just broad terms with the superpower wiki, and besides, we have a better source. On the first page of the OOC you will find a link to something called "quirk donation" . Our members contribute new quirks to a pool that newer ones can take from if they are indecise about what power they want

Quirk: Body Duplication - His quirk allows him to change if not partially change the physique of his body, into to that of the mutant type of quirk. This allows him to grow in size, change in color, even grow extra limbs. Though he only uses it to replicate those that he admires. He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura , thus increasing his strength. Though he can only transform when he has the strength and stamina to.

Idea Idea
Made the changes to the quirk to fit the selected name, and still working on the back story, might not be too long of a back story though. Also I did see the Quirk donations, but I wanted to try and make my own character and quirk first before looking at it. To see if we could come to a compromise, and if not I probably scrap the character and look through it for a quirk and build a character around it.

Quirk: Body Duplication - His quirk allows him to change if not partially change the physique of his body, into to that of the mutant type of quirk. This allows him to grow in size, change in color, even grow extra limbs. Though he only uses it to replicate those that he admires. He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura , thus increasing his strength. Though he can only transform when he has the strength and stamina to.
So let me see if i understood, his quirk only allows him to grow arms, his overall size and change in color, with the condition that it is mimicking someone or something he admires, is this correct?

So let me see if i understood, his quirk only allows him to grow arms, his overall size and change in color, with the condition that it is mimicking someone or something he admires, is this correct?
it's a self imposed position condition yes. if you want another condition added to it I can put that he has to have touched the mutant quirk user once to be able to add their feature(s) into transformation(s).

it's a self imposed position condition yes. if you want another condition added to it I can put that he has to have touched the mutant quirk user once to be able to add their feature(s) into transformation(s).
Ah, ok, that's a no then. Accumulation quirks are auto-bans. Self-imposed conditions must be stated as such and don't matter for the evaluation of the quirk

Ah, ok, that's a no then. Accumulation quirks are auto-bans. Self-imposed conditions must be stated as such and don't matter for the evaluation of the quirk
sigh ok then so him just being able to turn into or partially turn into mutant type quirks isn't ok then either?

sigh ok then so him just being able to turn into or partially turn into mutant type quirks isn't ok then either?
If it's something like Monuma's quirk where he can't just go and keep adding new powers and has a condition for any morphs he does then it's ok, but if even one of those is not the case then it falls into accumulation quirk.

just a suggestion he could be required to take in dna of those he is copying in order to keep them more than once he requires dna daily

If it's something like Monuma's quirk where he can't just go and keep adding new powers and has a condition for any morphs he does then it's ok, but if even one of those is not the case then it falls into accumulation quirk.
Oh you mean Neito Monoma, took me awhile to find him.
I can change the condition of strength and stamina being required to transform, to a time limit of how long he can be transformed. No touching to copy it, just his body able to duplicate what he can understand a mutant quirk can do.

Oh you mean Neito Monoma, took me awhile to find him.
I can change the condition of strength and stamina being required to transform, to a time limit of how long he can be transformed. No touching to copy it, just his body able to duplicate what he can understand a mutant quirk can do.
That won't do I'm afraid. In fact even Monoma's quirk on top of what you already have would be beyond what I can accept.

just a suggestion he could be required to take in dna of those he is copying in order to keep them more than once he requires dna daily
That would be problematic. There are too many ways of doing that out of the fight and taking in DNA daily could mean he could take more than one

What about all the changes that I made to this transformation quirk that's unacceptable?
I'm not sure if I understood what you meant by that phrase but I'll assume you are asking why it's still unnaceptable after all the changes you made. Simply put it's because you added a new element that's inherently broken and wasn't here before, or if it was, then I didn't realize it, which is the copying of other quirks, even if that is a restrict type. Quirk copying automatically makes a power better than any it can copy. AKA you most certainly can't anything on top of that, and even having that needs to be pretty limited on it's own.
Accumulating more quirks is an auto-ban, both because it goes out of control way too easily and because it is at odds with the QEP system. None of the changes you made before, which removed other problems previously present in the quirk, does anything to either of these problems which I didn't so much as imagine were something you were planning on being able to do.

Personality: Niko sees herself as someone who desperately wants to help others but doesn't know how to. She doesn't have that great of social skills, meaning that if someone went up to her and tried to start a conversation, Niko would most likely have to think for a couple of minutes before she could finally come up with a response that's satisfactory.Her whole thing is that she is incredibly slow when it comes to talking, fighting, and almost thinking! She desperately wants to get rid of this flaw but matter matter what Niko does, it's like there's a loading bar in her head that's stuck.

Niko truly believes that there is good in everything and with a bit of patience, anyone can be helped to be set on the right course. This naive belief is what convinced her to become a hero.
At the moment the character is too one-dimensional. I'm gonna need you to expand on new sides to the character's personality (by which I don't mean contraditions just different ways of behaving than just one straihgt way of thinking)

Quirk: Tentacles:
Her quirk is a mutation quirk that has it so that instead of normal hair, Niko has twelve tentacles that can extend. The tentacles them self as like hands on her head. Each tentacle can carry something up to five pounds which means that if she used all of her hair Niko could only carry something that's sixty pounds. Her hair can also extend up to four feet longer due to her mother's quirk. They can stay elongated for about fifteen minutes before they start to cause headaches.

One of her major weaknesses is that her tentacles are literal limbs that can be easily hurt like an arm or a leg. If someone went up and pulled on her hair hard it would hurt incredibly.
before I review this quirk, please refer to the character Octavia Handa who has pretty much the same quirk and is played by Trombone Trombone

You wouldn't have lunch since it's given to you in the canteen where you eat

She's pretty good when it comes to school stuff
Please remove this one, it's too broad

Sorry I was a little flustered with being denied acceptance when I made changes as to this suggestion of yours (To my understanding:

With that, I made changes to the quirk according to that quote by looking for something that fit the description. For the name I found 'body duplication' and suggested it. It was "alright" to you, but after adding it to the quirk as name and reading it again the name and quirk description didn't match so I changed it a slight bit to sound like the two went together with context that his body changed to something like a mutant Quirk user. I also added the condition that he needed strength/stamina to change as well as self imposed condition of looking like those he admired.

When that was questioned/rejected, I suggested the condition "he has to have touched the mutant quirk user once to be able to add their feature(s) into transformation(s)." with the thought of the self imposed condition remaining even with other conditions. But I understand that's accumulating quirks. But You seemed fine with the description of the quirk before the latest one, just not the name.

So how about:
"Body Morph - His quirk changes the physique of his body, change it's color, and can even limbs to it. Though at the time being he can only grow a few inches and arms. He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura and to increase his strength."

If you're wanting more detail on specific aspects of the quirk, I can add it and tell you as i either thought i didn't need to state it for one reason or another, or It's still in the back of my head waiting for it to be needed to be recognize by me as something others need to know. I can change the conditions as well to balance it. From either mental/personal blocks to time limits, or just eating stamina to needing to understand feature to fully implement it. Suggest it and i'll see what I can do.

. But You seemed fine with the description of the quirk before the latest one, just not the name.
Simply put it's because you added a new element that's inherently broken and wasn't here before, or if it was, then I didn't realize it,

The description of what the quirk reads here, in the CS, is what counts as possible for the quirk. Everything else should be impossible except for what is a direct application of the description of the quirk. In your assumption you and I made two errors:
1. You added "self-imposed conditions" and thought you didn't have to include the rest of what he could do into the quirk's description. This is a mistake first because you need to include everything that can be done since I can't approve what I don't know and second because self-imposed conditions don't count as conditions here, they don't matter as they can be removed too easily and not via the QEP system.

2.I made the mistake of assuming the things you listed were what your quirk could do only and didn't think you'd extrapolate to being able to randomly morph or copy quirks.
To make it more clear I thought this:
Though at the time being he can only grow a few inches and arms. He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura and to increase his strength.
meant he could not physically go for any other form of any kind without the quirk being grown with the QEP system unlocking further forms based on deities. That was the idea I got from the quirk, the thought that you could actually just basiclaly manipulate the body into doing anything never so much as crossed my mind otherwise the quirk would have kept being completely rejected ovr how broken it was

So I'll suggest a makeover starting from your latest suggestion. I will try not to assume anything and first ask you for exact details on as much as possible.

His quirk changes the physique of his body
To what extent exactly, please name all the things this can do if there is freedom of choice on the matter if there isn't then please state the exact fixed condition

change it's color
A singular color or can he form specific patterns? How specific? Do they have to be mimciked or can he just think of something?

and can even limbs to it.
Exactly what kind of limbs, how large, how many? Can the limbs just regrow? If so, can he regenerate?

How fast can all of these changes happen?

He uses this Quirk to take on a form he calls 'Asura' which he grows in size and a couple of pairs of arms to resemble a deity of strength, Asura and to increase his strength.
Why, exactly? How much does he grow? How much stronger does he become? How many arms are those, how big? How fast does this occur?

That's it for starters

At the moment the character is too one-dimensional. I'm gonna need you to expand on new sides to the character's personality (by which I don't mean contraditions just different ways of behaving than just one straihgt way of thinking)

before I review this quirk, please refer to the character Octavia Handa who has pretty much the same quirk and is played by Trombone Trombone

You wouldn't have lunch since it's given to you in the canteen where you eat

Please remove this one, it's too broad

Hmm.... Do you think it would be different enough where instead of her tentacles being the quirk, she could have to ability to camouflage herself? So her hair would be purely cosmetic and would basically be limp noodles on her head. If the hair is also a problem I can change the character entirely if needed.

Hmm.... Do you think it would be different enough where instead of her tentacles being the quirk, she could have to ability to camouflage herself? So her hair would be purely cosmetic and would basically be limp noodles on her head. If the hair is also a problem I can change the character entirely if needed.
Oh the quirk isn't a problem, similar quirks are permitted if all parties agree on it. I just thought you would like to know. I also talked to the owner of the other quirk and they are ok with how your quirk is. Of course, if you want to change it to something else, like that camouflage thing with the hair as a cosmetic, that can be worked with too. Just tell me what your final decision is so I can know when I can review the quirk itself

Oh the quirk isn't a problem, similar quirks are permitted if all parties agree on it. I just thought you would like to know. I also talked to the owner of the other quirk and they are ok with how your quirk is. Of course, if you want to change it to something else, like that camouflage thing with the hair as a cosmetic, that can be worked with too. Just tell me what your final decision is so I can know when I can review the quirk itself
That's good to know. I think I'll have Niko keep her quirk. Guess I should thank Trombone Trombone lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back