• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood on the Ice (RECRUIT TURNED OOC THREAD)

PixelPink

Hey guys, welcome to the OC recruitment thread- in length it's the Out-of Character thread. (Some use OOC) This is where any major things will be discussed before going on (deaths, births, large scenes with more than two people, and also fighting scenes. Usually with fighting I keep a tally-marker-roll thing going. (I'll explain that below.) Okay so let's dive in!

Plot: New working-class apartments have just opened up in a swanky up-and-rising part of town, which is perfect for you! Little do you know your life is about to change in a terrifying and gut-wrenching twist when monsters that look like they were once humans (you may even recognize family members and friends, or even people from the apartment complex...) start attacking people in the streets and seek a way into the apartment complex you now live in! Surely for no better purpose than murder and eat you. Can you and those still unaffected survive? Or is this high-tech building about to be your luxy grave?

Settings: Mid-winter. Snow on the ground, occasional ice, some warmer days when all is melted and it is almost spring-like.

Some history: A new superstar corporation has been peddling a ritzy new soda for the last three months- and just about everyone drinks it! Everyone who can afford it, anyway, and that is just about everyone- even a few in our compound. The thing is, no one knows where this company came from, or who most of the people in it are. No one's even seen the CEO in person, or on TV. (Just photos of a man in a lab coat.) So when tales of monsters start cropping up in the tabloids and on the internet, DRS-Corp has many written fingers pointed at it. Of course monsters aren't real, so why would you pay any attention to that crap right? (Not saying you can't be one of those people who believe in aliens and stuff, or read the tabloids and internet click-bait articles. Just don't hit the nail on the head.)

RULES
- First and foremost, don't god. If I find you godding then I'm sorry, but I'll have to suspend you. First offence is suspension, after that is expulsion from the roleplay. There isn't a third chance.
- Use the proper method for fight scenes. I don't want this "I discussed it with (USERNAME) and she/he said it was fine. No. That's not how it works. It is skill, luck, and dice. (seriously, there will be dice involved. Right in this thread.*)
-No super tragic, whiny backstories. Your mom died? Fine. Don't make your character all about the death of your so-and-so, or a traumatic experience. No one enjoys it, no one can work with it, no one can develop it well enough.
-These are working-class apartments. Meaning you make enough to survive on a financial slider. For those who don't know what that is, here in some parts of America (I don't know about elsewhere because I don't live there.) there are housing that is based on monthly income and job background as to how much you pay for rent and utilities. This is like that. On average these apartments are about 300 dollars to rent. Keep that in mind. You're not rich. You're not poor. You're kinda living paycheck to paycheck, but not really. (This is the only way to even the ground. Also i like the idea.) Not to say you can't come from a rich family, you just don't have the money yourself.
-If at any point you want to leave the roleplay please just tell me. I'll kill off your character in a glorious scene and you will forever be free. If you decide later to re-join we can add you in as a new character. It's super relaxed. Also can be done once for everyone who wants a 'character change', or want's to become one of the monsters.
-Finally, please obey ALL TOS, and also, have fun. Seriously. I can overlook minor stuff, don't stress over it. Sadness and crap happens, if it shows through your characters it's fine, it just adds depth to them. Despair when you're about to be eaten is totally understandable.

Final Explanations: Because the monsters were human at once point you will see the resemblance to family members and what not, but only if you look. Their eyes and the insides of their mouths go black, their bones elongate, and muscles become lean and powerful. They can- and possibly will- throw you through drywall walls.
Roleplay monsters.jpg

Let me know if you're interested and we can talk shop.

Alright! I'll start thinking about things :D
That sounds great! I don't generally do bios since you wouldn't know anything about your apartment mates IRL, but if pictures are used for obvious purposes I ask them to be anime. Just so everyone is on the right page and we all don't have different style photos.

Neato! The concept is quite fleshed out.
Thank you, I spent a little time on it after seeing picture on google about monsters who are always hungry. I thought it was a cool idea so I hatched something out for a roleplay and voila! Soda monsters! We'd be happy for you to join.

Thank you, I spent a little time on it after seeing picture on google about monsters who are always hungry. I thought it was a cool idea so I hatched something out for a roleplay and voila! Soda monsters! We'd be happy for you to join.
I think I will! I have a strong urge to hug these creatures... they have a strange cuteness to them. Slap a bow onto that cryptid fuck and we're all good.

(Wait wait - are we allowed to swear?)

Okay everyone! So pretty close to go time. If one more person hasn't joined by tomorrow (my time) I'll go ahead with the story.

Hello everyone! It's me again. So no one else has planned to join, so once I wake up in the morning I'm going to go ahead and post up the first post. Please keep in mind the first few posts, maybe even the first few pages (are there pages or scrolls on here?) will be fairly normal. Introductions, settings, characters being thrown about getting to know their other apartmenteers. (Yes I know that isn't really a word, but all for one and one for all!) I hope to see you there once I have it up!

(Wait wait - are we allowed to swear?)
Alright! I'll start thinking about things :D
I'm definitely interested
Hey everyone! It's up and running! Make your first posts as you please. I don't expect you to post every day, but please keep in mind some of us may and you may lag a bit. I will do my best to not let this happen by keeping the roleplay at a slower pace. Please just reply once a week or so.

Blood on the Ice

Any OOC stuff can be posted here. Any questions, suggestions, or tidbits- feel free to ask, suggest, or add.

Hey everyone! It's up and running! Make your first posts as you please. I don't expect you to post every day, but please keep in mind some of us may and you may lag a bit. I will do my best to not let this happen by keeping the roleplay at a slower pace. Please just reply once a week or so.

Blood on the Ice

Any OOC stuff can be posted here. Any questions, suggestions, or tidbits- feel free to ask, suggest, or add.
Alright I posted mine. Hope it's decent.

I can move this thread to extra pages for ya since yall are treating it as an OOC instead of an interest check now.

Usually you'd just make a new thread in the extra pages section, but that's fine. If yall need anything else, just let me know.

Usually you'd just make a new thread in the extra pages section, but that's fine. If yall need anything else, just let me know.
Making a new thread seemed redundant since everything was already here, ya know? Thank you for going out of your way! I'll keep you in mind if I have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back