Eric

Voices.

Through the darkness, I hear voices, robbing me of my rest. They sound close. Much closer than the other voices I've been hearing, even though they all sound the same, with all their 'fuck you Tucker's and 'CABOOSE!'s. My ear twitches and my whole body aches, itching to stay on the ground, on the... whatever-it-is surface I call my bed, cold and hard and I'm pretty sure I felt something wet on it before I went to sleep.

Actually this kinda sucks.

I open my eyes and flip backwards, my body becoming weightless for a second, then my feet, they find solid ground again a moment later, my balance seemingly finding itself without flaw and reorienting my form. I raise my arms triumphantly, my eyes scanning the phantom captive audience, applauding me and giving me perfect tens and throwing me roses I self-diagnosed myself as being allergic to. I then promptly realize that there is actual people standing around me.

"Visitors?!" I exclaim, my forehead beaded with sweat. "No one told me there'd be visitors today! Ah, oh, um, shoot, please excuse the mess. Most of it is Caboose's." Paws fumble for my scarf and adjust it. Gotta look presentable!​

Baby Bonnie Hood

"Hehe..." B.B. got what she was promised. However, there are more pressing matters to attend to much to her dismay. The Blues need their help for their friend Caboose, who was infected by an AI called O'Malley. Time passes, and everyone is in some place God knows where. "Am I still getting paid though?" She asked "Say that you will promise to pay me once we're done here. My services are not free."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

1581891227821.png
Corvo Attano | Blue Team

Having gotten past the boy, Corvo followed Captain Price into the Red base. He wasn't used to infiltrating with a team, and so he played more cautiously and became less active in the time being. Also, he may or may not have pocketed some materialistic valuables from the Red base. When the Red leaders came in (he knew by their excessive yelling), Corvo left the room to make his way out where he came. On the way there, he peeked into the main hallway to see the Reds standing over a dead Tex. The only competent soldier was dead. Before he could grit his teeth and mutter a curse, an explosion rocked the base from outside. A whale oil tank? No, the explosion felt and sounded much bigger. A watchtower? This world doesn't even have those!

Corvo climbed out onto the roof, spotting the tank, plus another Blue soldiers flying threw the air like a ragdoll from a cloud of smoke. Just how on earth did these fools become soldiers?

After everything he's gone through, the fact that Tex was actually a woman and that she and Church were ghosts didn't affect him as much as it would've at the start of everything. Also an issue now was that Caboose's mind was being infected by an A.I., whatever that was. Tex said they'd need the aid of the enemy team, and Corvo was finally convinced that none of these guys had proper military training when the Red Team actually listened to their request.

"We better be coming back out alive," Corvo said, reluctantly putting the helmet on. He expected pain, of course, but the electricity coursing through his veins was enough to make the Lord Protector painfully yell. How could that art dealer, Bunting, be into this sort of thing?

When the pain was gone and Corvo opened his eyes, he and the others were in what reminded him the Void, a dark, desolate place, only this area had more architecture than the home of that black-eyed bastard. He checked his surroundings, choosing to venture up the ramp and to the big, open area.

Links:
CS

1581894937340.png
Megumin | Red Team

Megumin had zoned out of all the talk about who to attack and who to partner up with. The stimulating feeling from the lesser explosions had already died down, and her sense of excitement was replaced with horror when Chomisuke II (Lucky) was taken hostage by a black-armored man. He threatened to shoot him, making Megumin scream in horror. She almost pulled the pin of another grenade when Donut appeared and threw a knife straight at the guy's head. He dropped dead, releasing Lucky. Teary-eyed, Megumin ran over to hug the rabbit, but was distracted by a big explosion rom outside.

"An explosion?" Megumin shouted, jolting with a sudden pulse of energy. She ran over to the nearest window/opening when she saw the tank, its barrel still smoking having left a crater bigger than the bag of grenades she held. "A weapon that yields bigger explosions..." she muttered, saliva drooling from her mouth.

Megumin wondered why they so willingly accepted the Blue Team's invite into their base after they killed one of their men, but she neglected from asking mostly because she was scared of Sarge. She had no idea what any of the soldiers were talking about, something about an A.I. and it infecting someone. She jumped back when Michael started yelling in pain and dropped motionless. Megumin was even more horrified when Lucky yelled they were executing them all, instinctively reaching for the pin of her grenades.

Thankfully, someone put the helmet over her head before any excessive damage could be dealt. Megumin screeched as the painful, electric sensations coursed throughout her body. It was as if she was using Explosion, but more painful. She awoke, only slightly relieved to see everyone else here... wherever they were. Having not understood what the adults were talking about, Megumin thought they were all dead, and water blurred her vision. The only person—or rather, rabbit—she felt comfortable around was Lucky, and so she ran after him on the walkway. "Chomisuke!" she yelled, teary-eyed. She would attempt to tackle-hug the rabbit, needing something to cuddle like a teddybear to calm herself.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie
Links:
CS

Lana

A bunch of stuff happened. I probably hit my head again. Blah blah blah. Now we are here. All of us were led to an area where we would be subjected to electrocution. I knew I’d die eventually just not this soon. My only regret is I never got to tell Eric how I felt... I was strapped in like the others and before I realized it I lost consciousness. Before long I woke back up and looked around. Was I dead? Was I alive? I wasn’t sure. I punched myself in the arm and teared up feeling the pain.

“Y-Yeah... I-I’m alive...”
I stood up and looked around scanning the environment, but one thing caught my eye.
“Wait... no way... is that...?”
My eyes widened and began to fill with tears as I dashed towards a familiar figure. Before, he realized it I wrapped my arms around Eric hugging him tightly.
“Eric! I-I can’t believe you’re actually here! I-I’m so happy!”
I continued to hug him tightly as I sobbed tears of joy.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Sora & Rex are now in the mind of Caboose, stranded. Rex wakes up and sees Sora still on the floor sleeping. "Ughh. Sora, c'mon kid. Wake up." Sora awakens, but in annoyance of Rex. "Ahhh. How many times to I have to tell you, I'm no kid. I'm also sure we're the same age." "Sorry, it's the size." "What?!" Sora said "I'm not that short. Anyways, where do we go to now?" The two take a minute to look at their surroundings and are quite puzzled. "So this is Caboose's mind. Why does it look like a video game level?" Before Sora could answer Rex's question, they noticed Lucky being chased by Megumin, going down the walkway "Lucky! Hey, wait up!" And thus the two give chase

P PopcornPie StaidFoal StaidFoal

Eric

My eyes go wide, muscles tense up as I see a yellow fox a head taller than me with a bow around her neck charge and wrap me up in a hug. Instinctively, my arms move around her warm waist and my snout nestles safely in her chest fur.

“Lanaaaa! It’s been a while! How’s your time outside the head been? Probably more exciting than my time. Oooh, ooh, has Benedict been trying to cook you alive again?”

Interactions:
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)​

Lana

I lay my chin on the top of his head as we both embrace one another in a hug.

“Things have been fine! I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss you a whole lot though.as for the Benedict thing, yes he sure has. It never ends with that guy... enough about me though! How have you been?”

Eric

“Me? Well, I’ve just had one of the wildest months of my life,” I scoff. “See, it all started with this pizza lady who had the wrong address...”

Interactions:
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)

"Oh. My. God."
Lucky's ears somehow drooped down even further.
Why. The fuck. Were they still following him. Caring about him.
If he hadn't kept flapping his jaw, they would still be in their bases. But now he branded them all as knowing too much. He threw them all on the chopping block.
"This is my fault, all right!?" Lucky snapped at them both. "I'll say it! I'm a fucking retard, but I know when I fuck up! If I hadn't kept squawking, we wouldn't be here! I turned us all into motherfucking CATTLE!" He was loud enough to be heard by just about anyone, but he didn't care. They needed to know who got them all killed. "I should have known Toffee was listening in somehow, but I kept badmouthing him ANYWAY! And now we're all going to be fucking A.I. chow! WE HAD A CHANCE AT GOING HOME, AND I BLEW IT!"

The rabbit stood there, quivering in anger, trying to ignore any heads in his direction. But then he noticed something a little past Megumin.

Something awful.

Lana had a knight protecting her the whole fucking time. They were hugging. Chatting happily. Even crying a little. Lucky's jaw fell.

She...she already had a guardian...

Any structural integrity Lucky's heart had was gone. It exploded like he hoped the machine would do to his head. "For nothing..." His voice returned to the first volume, once again audible by everyone. "I RUINED EVERYONE'S CHANCES OF GOING HOME FOR NOTHING!"

With a loud growl, Lucky turned on his nub and stomped further into Caboose's head. "Where's that bloody O'Malley...Let's get this over with." He murmured, hoping the monster would just decapitate him, or stab him, something quick and painless.

@Pretty much everybody

Last edited:
Eric

As Lana and I hug all our sentiments out, a distressed voice pulls me out of the moment. I blink and look towards the source. To my surprise, it belongs to this little bunny who’s currently stomping off in a fit of rage, mumbling something about finding an O’Malley. Luckily for our discount Trix mascot, I know exactly who that is.

“‘scuse me for a second, Lana.” I wiggle my way out of the Braixen’s pillow-soft arms and wander after the bunny, whistling innocently as I stalk him.

A few moments pass by before I decide to strike up a conversation, before he can get too far away from the main group.

“Yo! What’s with all the screaming?”

My voice is as sweet as honey. Anyone in their right mind would think I’m just being ignorant and naïve.

“I overheard you wanted to visit an ‘O’Malley?’ He’s my neighbor. Lemme tell you, he’s a pretty cool guy if you can handle the noise. One morning, I woke up with a guy who looked an awful lot like him-“ I jab a thumb at Church. “-right next to me. ‘cept he was disemboweled and twitching. I really couldn’t tell if he was alive or not!” I laugh heartily. “Oh, that O’Malley gives the best Valentine’s gifts.”

Interactions:
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)
P PopcornPie (Lucky)

Mentions:
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Church)

Lealan drags herself to join the others at blue base and get the information about their next mission, into Cabooses brain? "Joy." Mutters Lealan. She turns to Doc. "Before I go in, you need to fix me up while I'm in there, and if you do, I'll not eat your face for lying to me about the robots."

In Cabooses mindscape, she looks around, listening to Tex and Church talk. "How he perceives us? I just tried to eat him not 10 minutes ago. Are we going to encounter a berserk me in here? Or is he so stupidly out of touch with reality that it could be almost anything?"

• Kassandra’s shots were somewhat off. The Red leaders continued tanking the Greek archer’s shots with their armor- Gods, how many hits can they take?!?!- and though her bullets grazed her non-armored targets- Snake in the leg, the younger boy in his straw hat- it served only to make the former dive away and the latter spray away at her, too. Despite the sheer volume of bullets flying at her, Kassandra was too far away and too concealed to be shot... yet.

There was no point in staying; the Reds were advancing too fast, and she’d likely be toast in close quarters when she’d have a tough time “dodging” bullets. She seriously missed her Spear; its sixth sense and various abilities were something that could have evened the odds.

Either way, the Ancient Greek sprinted towards the northern edge of the Red Base before leaping off, falling a few feet before rolling to conserve her momentum and leave the high jump absolutely unscathed. As the Reds rushed inside, Kassandra sprinted along the edge of the canyon and parallel to Snake’s direction. She didn’t even bother firing away at her human targets; all she needed to do was keep her distance from the invincible Reds so she wouldn’t be taken out in one blow.

Of course, being on the side of the canyon gave her a perfect viewing point for the chaos that was about to ensue. She spotted a bigger, louder machine than the ones the Reds had been using. It pointed its giant... extension- Did they call it a barrel?- at the canyon just before creating a bright light and emitting a “BOOM”. Her immediate thought was that it was a giant gun, and looked to where it was pointing. Sure enough, an explosion enveloped one of her Blue teammates, who went flying.

“Malaka!” Was her immediate response, as always. She didn’t bother to check in on Church; right now all she needed to do was get back to base in one piece.

Thankfully, it sounded like everyone else was retreating too. The Reds called their members back to base, leaving her in relative peace to get back unscathed.

Last edited:
Thankful that he had gotten the trio to leave him alone, Lucky kept plodding on, his back hunched and his lips pursed. Maybe, when he killed himself, the AI would be satisfied long enough for the others to coordinate an escape, or a slaughter. He didn't give a shit. All that mattered was disposing of himself. It was over. The poison had suffocated his last brain cell. He was just a brainless husk of furry stupid now. Oh, wait! Not just a brainless husk of furry stupid, a brainless husk of furry stupid with actual friends that he just critically endangered, and would probably never forgive him! Oh, joy!

As he stomped, Lucky's ears picked up on more stomping behind him. And whistling. Breaths warmed his back. "MEGUMIN, GO FIND ANOTHER-" He whirled around, expecting to see Megumin trying to hug him again. Instead, he saw a big, blue...thing. Oh, wait, this was Lana's knight. Her real one.

"What's that you say, laddie?" Lucky tilted his head, pretending to look interested. He even faked a grin. "Oh, so it's not a big deal? Of course!" He threw his nubs in the air. "It's no big deal that I threw meself into dumbassville trying to protect your lassie! It's no big deal that we've been sent here to be reduced to bony paste by your 'neighbor'!" The ice around his voice began to thaw.

"All because we got thrown into a stupid fucking war, and I HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH IDIOCY ALL DAY! NO FUCKING WONDER IT RUBBED OFF ON ME, LADDIE!" His lips were bared. "ALL I WANTED WAS FOR THIS SHIT TO BE OVER, BUT INSTEAD I FOUND ALL THIS INNOCENCE RUBBIN' OFF ON ME LIKE FUCKING TOXIC WASTE! SUDDENLY, I AM JUST MAKIN' FRIENDS WITH EVERY GODDAMN ONE IN THE FUCKIN' CANYON! SO NEXT I HAVE TO BE ALL KIND AND GENEROUS, AND THEN I THINK THAT I CAN JUST SAY WHATEVER I WANT! GUESS I CAN'T, HUH, LADDIE!?" Toffee's image once made him feel neutral. Now, it just fanned the flames.

"BECAUSE YOUR DUMBASS LIZARD FRIEND WAS SPYIN' ON US! AND BECAUSE HE CAN'T PULL HIS HEAD OUTTA HIS ASS AND REALIZE THAT KIDNAPPED PEOPLE WON'T JUST DO WHATEVER HE WANTS, WE'RE HERE TO BE DISEMBOWELED BY YOUR 'NEIGHBOR'!"

He took a quick, sharp breath. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT'S GONNA BE TO DIE WITH FRIENDS!? I GUESS NOT, BECAUSE YOUR ONLY FRIENDS ARE A FUCKING A.I., AND A LASS YOU COULDN'T EVEN SEE UNTIL NOW!" The fur on the back of his shoulders was standing up. "SO HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT THE DIPSHIT STANDING BEFORE YOU, YOU JUST GO COMFORT THOSE PEOPLE IN THEIR FINAL MOMENTS! TAKE ME FRIENDS, TAKE 'EM ALL! I INSIST. NOT LIKE I EVER WANTED THEM ANYWAY!"

Longer, slower breaths.

"...Got all that, Laddie? Or do I have to say it again in simpleton language?" Lucky asked coldly. No response. "Good. Now leave me be. I have me execution to find." Just to make sure nobody would follow him, he got down on his nubs and galloped away.

Would he regret those words? Yes? Or maybe not. He couldn't decide. He couldn't be sure of anything anymore. He would die with a broken mind. A broken heart.

O'Malley, you know what to do. Break his spine to go with them. There was nothing motivating Lucky to prevent it.

Myrtle didn’t know what the point of the whole expedition was. She wasn’t sure that it even had a point. They certainly hadn’t been told about what they were looking for beyond general information, and at the end of the whole thing, what did they have to show for it? Two people dead, and one out of his head with madness or brain fever. Having watched the perpetual arguments between the armoured buffoons, Myrtle did nothing but put her face in her palms. Maybe she actually died lying on the grass, and this was a punishment for her failures in her life as a knight and guard. Death within death, what a prospect that was. Donovan and Julius weren’t normally the spiteful sort. In theory, anyone could achieve redemption and salvation on Donovan’s Mountain to Paradise. In practice, however, Myrtle assumed that a tiny fraction of souls reached that level of peace.

Even now, they were all being shuffled along by something unknown. By some foul magic, or perhaps even in this world the soul must wait for safe passage to the Beyond, Tex’s soul formed again among them, claiming to know the cure for the poor madman.

“So you mean to say that he’s possessed,” Myrtle muttered, “and we’re expected to use that device to enter his mind for a sort of exorcism?” Indeed, they were, and they dutifully lined up for it as well.

There was nothing of interest to devote her attention to in the madman’s mind-world. They were somewhat starved of choice when it came to where to go. More concerningly, they had little information on where the offending spirit was. At least she didn’t need to worry about anyone here choking on their own spittle. Instead of dawdling around, trying to organise a search party or sorts, some people had already split off from the group. Corvo and Kassandra left along one of the ramps, and Myrtle followed after them with hardly a backwards glance to the Fox and her young Beau. It was for a brief moment that she let herself wonder what sort of past those two had hanging over them that they ended up being punished with this world.

Myrtle caught up to Corvo and Kassandra just in time to watch Kassandra test her daring. Myrtle took a deep breath and let it out through her nose, shaking her head.

“Faster or not,” she said, “I think I’ll just keep on this ramp.”

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla StaidFoal StaidFoal thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

Lana

I wasn’t ready to let go of the hug yet, but once I saw who the yell came from I felt like it was a good time to stop the hug after all. As Eric squirmed his way out of my grip I followed behind him to join Lucky.

“Lucky! Calm down! Everything is going to be fine! No one is going to die! I don’t even know what you are taking about by guardian! Eric’s not my guardian he is just my friend! maybe I would like to be more than friends but whatever...The point is you need to calm down!”
I raised my paw into the air seeming as if I was going to slap him once again, but I did something else this time. I swung my fist directly into my gut making myself collapse onto my knees groaning in pain.
“Heh... every time you get like this and start being so negative I’ll punch myself!”
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow P PopcornPie

1581904602806.png
Megumin | Red Team

Megumin hadn't expected Lucky's outburst, and all of a sudden she didn't feel like hugging the rabbit anymore. Still teary-eyed, the Crimson Demon retreated back to the spawning point. She had no idea what to do now, sitting idly with a blank face. She wiped her tears and mustered what she thought was a courageous face.
Links:
CS

"There goes Lana...fuck." He could hear her calling to him. Lucky slowed, his heart aching. Even in the face of Death Row, she was so pure, innocent...He snuffed that. He was the reason that pure heart would cease to beat. "I certainly hope you enjoy the show, Toffee..."

Lucky remembered what he told that lizard. "''I'm not doing anything that involves hurting Lana!'" Something like that. His breathing wavered. He...Toffee was the first one to learn about his weakness. And it was a weakness that he gained for nothing. He was nobody's knight. He should have stayed nobody's knight. Yet Lucky had such a triumphant roar in his voice as he persuaded Tex, Tucker, Sora, and the rest, to revolt against Toffee. As if he could ever have one over the guy who had a hand in his kidnapping. No. Toffee knew exactly that Lucky's desire to prevent Lana from being hurt would be the rabbit's downfall. Did he expect Lucky to bring everyone else down with him? Knowing him, probably. As they all wallowed in this headspace, Toffee was probably watching the plane come back with another fuselage full of kidnapped 'recruits'. "I'm no rebel...I'm an EXAMPLE..."

Smack.

She was trying to get him to come back by smacking herself again.

No, he couldn't let it work this time. Nobody's kindness would corrupt him any further.

His arms and legs were tingling, aching, begging for Lucky to let them turn him around. He couldn't let anyone, anything, sway him this time. That's how they got into this mess. Maybe he could choke O'Malley on the way in. He could die offering them a way out. But the thing could probably just push him down.

Well, Lucky wouldn't know until he found him. So he kept clambering all throughout Caboose's twisted, forlorn mental playground.

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

Last edited:
Lana

He seemed to be ignoring me... it was worse than I thought. Well. Nothing a little more pain wouldn’t solve. While I was still on the floor from the last punch, I raised my paw up again and punched myself in the jaw. I didn’t think one more measly punch would be enough so I kept doing it over and over and over again. I eventually did it so much I began to bleed. Blood dropped out of my mouth and onto the floor and I coughed a little more out. I looked up at Lucky while shaking. Those punches really took a lot out of me and I wasn’t looking too good. I just hoped it was enough to snap Lucky out of it.
P PopcornPie

Lealan's line of inquiry is interrupted by Lucky's outburst and subsequent flight away from the group. "Hey, Come back here! It's Dangerous to go alone!" She is quick to run off after her wayward companion. "I'll keep an eye on him!" She shouts over her shoulder to Lana
P PopcornPie Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

"Lucky..." "*Sigh...*" The two feel sad for Lucky as they see him walking off in the distance. Very shortly after, Rex sees Lana in the distance with someone else only to see Lucky shouting at someone. "Lana." "Huh? Oh, that' girl from the Desert." Before the boys walk over to Lana, Sora stops Rex and notices Megumin crying in the background. "That girl.. Rex, I have to help her, Maybe you can see Lana and maybe try and track down Lucky later." "It's cool. Do you're thing Sora." The two give each other a thumbs up and part ways for now. Rex was on his way only to see Lana slapping herself and sees her companion who just got done getting a massive lashing from Lucky

"Lana stop!" She stares blankly at Rex "Slapping yourself isn't gonna do Lucky or anyone else some good, I'll tell you what you want to know about Lucky, just calm down, and don't hurt yourself. Now, are you okay, and who's this guy you're with?" Lealan then tells the two that she'll keep an eye on Lucky to make sure he doesn't get himself killed. "Thank's Lealan."

Sora's side: "Lucky, why did you do it?" The boy was rubbing his hand through his hair figuring out why Lucky would just lash on his friends like that. Sora had a similar run in with the Beast like this before; if he could just get the chance to talk to him some more, he could get through to him. But now wasn't the time for thinking about what he could have done, now's the time for what Sora's always done best. Supporting people in need. Sora sits down next to the girl and places a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, sorry for the way Lucky lost it, but it'll be okay. People just get pressured from a lot of things and it makes them, not themselves. So please, don't cry, so just know that it's not you or Lucky's fault. Just give him some time to cool off and we'll go talk to him."

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow StaidFoal StaidFoal DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Last edited:
Eric

I raise a finger to my lips and giggle as the bunny scurries off, leaving a trail of (obviously figurative, silly!) fire behind him that tells me not to follow.

“He’s feisty. And suicidal. I like him already.”

The world goes spinning again as I kick myself off the ground, leaping a dozen of feet into the air and spinning once, twice, until once again dreamland turns right-side up and I land softly on my pawpads right smack in the middle of the group.

“Oookay, everyone! Here’s the deal! If you haven’t chosen a path to take yet, you might wanna choose right now! O’Malley can be a little cranky sometimes and he does not like invaders, so you gotta get to moving! And I would highly recommend some of you go after that bunny that just ran off. When my neighbor sees someone on their own, he can get...”

I lick my dry lips. A shadow crosses my face, my crimson eyes glowing in the darkness.

“...creative.”

All at once, the tendrils of blackness disappear, restoring normal color to my face. My beaming, innocent smile is visible once again.

“So hop to it, before rabbit boy and the rest of you hop out of this lifetime!”

Interactions:
pretty much everyone lol​

Corvo | Blue Team

The Lord Protector watched Kassandra dive off the ramp and land gracefully on her feet. She had agility that Corvo would have had if the Outsider's Mark still gave him power. If only he at least had his fall-damage-nullifying bone charms, then he wouldn't even need powers to move swiftly.

Corvo finally walked down the steep ramp over to Kassandra. "Congratulations, you survived a jump from your ego down to your intellect," he joked half-heartedly. He noticed that Myrtle, the lizard girl from the armory, had joined him in walking down the ramp. He nodded to her. "Glad to see you're still with us." Now, just where was this A.I.

Veradana Veradana FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

The Guard's Rifleman
Status: excuse me what is happening oh god this isnt my home game
Actions: Heading to the walkway
Guard.jpg
This simply wasn't the Guard's day.
Only a good twenty minutes ago, the Guard had been enjoying his rather hectic life-shoot Wehrmacht tanks, don't die, lob a grenade every once in a while, and go where the player clicked. Simple, if not daunting thanks to bullets flying everywhere.
Except now, his life had turned upside down in the blink of an eye. The video game NPC had followed everything in utterly stunned silence. Tanks from Halo, SPARTANs from Halo, everything from Halo and most definitely NOT from Company of Heroes.
As much as the Guard wanted to believe otherwise, something told the video game character that this was not some massive Relic crossover with Halo Wars. No, this was something that had nothing to do with Relic.
And the Guard couldn't say he liked it-as a matter of fact, the NPC still couldn't believe what was happening.
Well, no use in wasting time now.
"I don't know what the garden is happening, and quite frankly I'm more focused on not dying right now. Let's see... pick the obvious deathtrap that is the open field without any cover, or pick the walkway?"
"Walkway it is."
Self-conversation over, the CoH2 NPC made his way to the Walkway.
( thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore )​

-MapWr_DeyrofugTJNT00DPS9UT1kDZR_TPhFvd57T6aY4I8u7GI_1gQBJg2_07hiLszck6xxScT6OeFJYKcmYzRdX8lkRypvMug3B6uCCtlVSgIZnYM1cZeRiduSj4U32APN0ml

2IYeTWGzFOQaLhP6WOh7mBrN92RcCNO6F5S4OzZNDvpEQtdA4ugrr2JePcUPmyzgE0xUw9dxNAx7XQRxODw3bLVCNMJnw5H_N1UFNz3X6qZIyMka6nBDkttnnc7SdorfEIiaJfdn

---Red Assault and Retreat

After her attempts at pushing, shooting her sniper rifle and repeating the process all at once, the Nora became increasingly annoyed at her fruitless attempts to "hit" any sort of target. The turret was seemingly "unbreakable." and she had to lightly retreat behind the rock in general. She ducked for a while, looking back at her team ally Kassandra. But the giant metal machine was making its way back after a large "BOOM!".

Not bothering to check back on Church, Aloy was already making her way back to the base to check out damages (more to herself and her allies than anything)

She stopped, looking down. Her arms hurt from the recoil of the Sniper rifle, but holding a arrow was just as much arm work to use as another gun.

--Caboose's message--
After taking the long path down from the canyon, there didn't seem to be much other trouble for now. Before she knew it, two soldiers came back from the dead through some sort of "holographic message." It's almost like the time messages came from her Focus.

She missed her focus and missed its countless valuable information it granted her about the old ones, machines and so much more.

As Tex mentioned some sort of A.I, she started to remember the mountain that scanned her and the Nora High priestesses that worshipped it when she was born "out" of the mountain. She was treated like some sort of goddess that day and had to prevent the others from worshiping her. The "Goddess" was really an electric door that "infoscanned" her and walked in. All the old one's tech, the metal world's tech was all hers.

GAIA was an AI set up by the old ones to protect their world. Is this what the A.I. they talked about? It didn't sound like it.

She was a born clone of Dr. Elizabeth Sobeck, her mother who had sacrificed so much for her.

What would she sacrifice if she put the metal helmet on her head? She had just run to see Kassandra go limp. She bent down, seeing a lot of the other folks had already gone limp. Trying to decide between the alternatives, she cursed as the flimsy device was put on her head and she screamed just as the bolts went down her body as she went limp.

---Inside Caboose's mind----

Aloy pushed herself off the ground as she looked around. This place was extremely grey, much like the metal world, except there were less machines around. But nothing of interest had caught Nora's eye except the ramp and some familiar faces. Kassandra and Corvo were on the ramp.

Aloy frowned, "So here we are, in another unknown location looking for a AI that might not be around here. She wishes she had her focus now. It would be helpful now."

She turned to Kassandra and Corvos, opting to take the slightly longer route.

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla StaidFoal StaidFoal thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Veradana Veradana

[[Be cautious//spoilers if you haven't played or are still playing Horizon Zero Dawn]

Last edited:
The mind certainly was...winding. Maybe it was more organized once upon a time, but now Lucky was lost in twisted pipes and broken...what was this floor composed of, alloy? The grays around him gave his head a much needed cooling down.

Maybe they'd still be looking for him. He didn't give a shit. He just kept walking, hoping to see the A.I., or at least something that could do the job for it, if it didn't want to show up. This was the brain of a soldier, after all. There had to be a gun around here somewhere.

Lucky kept looking back, relieved to see nobody following him. "Finally, I speak this 'friendship' language..." He sighed. Too bad he learned it right before he was to be mauled. But on the bright side, he could mumble to himself.

"Fuck you, Toffee." He snapped at himself. "This is how you deal with rats, huh? Forgive me for making meself useful after YOU POISONED ME." He smirked. "Maybe I didn't outfox you after all, laddie, but our..." He shook it out of his head. "...Their families are gonna wonder what happened to us! I may die in a mind, but I'll figure out how to get to the...wherever ghosts go! Oh, the things I'll do to your corpse then!"

Ugh...no, that didn't help. Lucky was still feeling a cloud of heat swirling all around him. Toffee was watching the life slip out of their bodies right now, grinning, probably gloating. Knowing he double...no, quadruple crossed Lucky.

Uuuuurgh, he couldn't wait for O'Malley to kill him! He needed to be a ghost now!

"Aye, I'll never find that stupid thing in this...mind..." Wait. This was a mind. If Lucky still had his mind here, then...could he fuse with O'Malley? Would he need to be cybernetic to let O'Malley move to his mind instead? It would knock out two birds with one stone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back