• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Between The Lines | OOC

Kir

"How will I ever get out of this labyrinth?"
Hey all Scott here.

Welcome to the OOC page. Feel free to chat and post any questions / concerns and to talk publicly about the RP!

If you become unavailable or no longer share interest please just let us know! If you know you are going away for a little bit of time, please try to give us a heads up so we can alter the RP without you present.

I'm super open and understanding and am also available to take PMS directly!

I look forward to RPing with you all <3

Important Links:

CS:

In Character:

~ K.

I'm about to post! Hopefully it's not super lame don't judge me!!

The main thread has been updated with my first post, feel free to reply! We should probably allow for everyone to post. If there's no response from the others within the next 24 hours we can continue to move forward and allow them to catch up. Just please don't let it become 2 characters posting back to back haha <3

I responded. Hopefully I'm doing the IMing right. Also, I don't remember the culture of 2008, so sorry if neckbeards weren't a thing yet lol. Also also, I mentioned Christian running into some people his age in town while he was getting settled, and if you want any of your characters to be those people, let me know.

Thanks. I was a socially awkward shut in immigrant from 2002 - 2009 so...

And nowadays I'm a boomer and still not hip with the kids!

Tbh I either remember weird obscure things or don't remember really obvious things, no in between so don't feel too bad

Since we're talking about the times this is set in, I assume LGBT folks aren't as accepted? Unless this particular town is very progressive.

Hmm, good question. I'd say it largely depends where they are, yeah. In any case, I'd imagine it is more LGBT-Phobic, as gay marriage in the USA wasn't completely legal yet. Even if it isn't in the US, I'd still say it would be.

I don't want anyone's character to feel left out.
But if you want it to be like your character feels like they're not accepted in school that's cool I don't judge. I think Julian might have a hard time with Victoria's transition. High school kids aren't as understanding as adults sometimes. I mean vis versa too tho.

I don't want anyone's character to feel left out.
But if you want it to be like your character feels like they're not accepted in school that's cool I don't judge. I think Julian might have a hard time with Victoria's transition. High school kids aren't as understanding as adults sometimes. I mean vis versa too tho.
I think it could be an opportunity for dialogue and character development. Of course, I don't want any characters to be alone and friendless lol. I think Christian will probably keep his sexuality a secret then, at least for awhile. He'll have "gay" mannerisms and interests, but he'll play them off as just joking most of the time.

I had buddies like that in high school. I had no clue they were gay until they told me directly to my face lol I was like ohhhh it makes sense now I suppose lol

I had buddies like that in high school. I had no clue they were gay until they told me directly to my face lol I was like ohhhh it makes sense now I suppose lol
Sadly I was fairly obviously queer. I used to be upset with it, and I admit it did cause me issues in high school with fitting in and getting bullied, but now I love that it's a part of me.

Ooo I wonder if they'd allow for an LGBTQ+ club at school. That could be an interesting sub-plot. Maybe some of the LGBT kids could know each other by being out to each other and having their own little support group. Maybe some want to start their own official club at the school but there is some pushback from the school.

Gay is de wey. I was super straight but joined a Gay Straight Alliance after school club because the bi girl I was into at the time had joined. It was cool.

AlienLover AlienLover Yeah that'd be cool. Although right now we only have like 3 queer characters lol. Sadly it's not much of a club.

Kir Kir I used to be part of my high school's GSA but it was honestly mostly straight and queer girls. I was one of the few (at the time) male-identified folks there, and like 1 / 3 male-identified queer people at school. For how many students were at school that was statistically unrealistic lol, so hopefully the culture's changed among the youths since my day, specifically gaybies who are assigned male at birth.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Well, maybe there could be others that are like in the background we don't play? I've also been thinking about making a male character anyways so maybe he could be a member. Also could just be a lil get together of a rag-tag friends who have one thing in commmon. Still just bouncing ideas around ^_^

Yeah I like that idea - have background people who aren't written in or if they are it's nothing to make a CS about.
I also like the idea of maybe starting one with a few founding members, just a lil group of friends.

Victoria would probably be all about that, with her new loud and proud outlook. It's not like she can hide it, so might as well go full on embrace it.

I'd imagine Brooklyn would also be into it, as she's generally a loud and outgoing person who'd want to support others.

So yeah, I'm down for Brook being friends with Christian and Victoria and them being possibly future founding members of a club at school if you guys are Anne Boolean Anne Boolean BrokenWingedCrane BrokenWingedCrane ^~^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back