• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Behold, the Shadow Lord Returns (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kk I am thinking somone that messes about with space time in the local area and short term no knowing future more buffing healing and debuffing focused
As I said before we'll be having one person per role, and argotNaut argotNaut already called playing a healer. You could definitely do a Time Mage though and take the Support role by speeding and slowing people and whatnot.

btw, Dolches Dolches , do i treat necromancy as an innate ability, as a field of dark magic that can be learned or as a mix of both (it is hard to learn, some are born with a natural affinity)?

btw, Dolches Dolches , do i treat necromancy as an innate ability, as a field of dark magic that can be learned or as a mix of both (it is hard to learn, some are born with a natural affinity)?
The "abilities" section is for either, but necromancy would be a magic that can be learned. It is hard to learn and some can be born with a greater affinity with it through other things, such as having the ability to commune with spirits.

Thinking about taking part in this.

Would it overlap too much with the reserved roles to have an oracle/seer/gambler type of character?

The kind that has the ability to see the probabilities of things happening and subtly use magic to influence them. As well as being able to get visions of the future or past.

Thinking about taking part in this.

Would it overlap too much with the reserved roles to have an oracle/seer/gambler type of character?

The kind that has the ability to see the probabilities of things happening and subtly use magic to influence them. As well as being able to get visions of the future or past.
Yeah that'd be alright, though I think that last part might overlap with Karcen's character since they already called time magic. A possible compromise for this would be having the two characters use teamwork for whatever you were thinking of.

Yeah,it's probably going to be some time before this starts so I'm not heavily committed to that role. Might see what any other incoming participants come up with before deciding. Could come up with something else altogether.

Yeah,it's probably going to be some time before this starts so I'm not heavily committed to that role. Might see what any other incoming participants come up with before deciding. Could come up with something else altogether.
I'm doing the same, I'll be making a character based on what I view the most important role we lack is.

I want to be a heroic hero knight person

I always play morally ambiguous/trade one to save one hundred types

For once I'd like to see if I can be a Heroic Hero Person

I want to be a heroic hero knight person

I always play morally ambiguous/trade one to save one hundred types

For once I'd like to see if I can be a Heroic Hero Person
Well then you're in luck! We're going first-come first-serve with roles, and you asked to play the hero first so it's yours!

Dolches Dolches I've decided if I'm going to participate in this I'm going to play a biomancer/alchemist type.

Can easily combine natural materials with magic to transform them and even temporarily modify living beings to gain new capabilities (often through weird body parts),as well as healing. Though not as effective as a mage/priest using holy magic.

A biomancer can't deal with elemental or spiritual magic as effectively,but the physical abilities can assist in battle.

Does that sound like it works?

Dolches Dolches I've decided if I'm going to participate in this I'm going to play a biomancer/alchemist type.

Can easily combine natural materials with magic to transform them and even temporarily modify living beings to gain new capabilities (often through weird body parts),as well as healing. Though not as effective as a mage/priest using holy magic.

A biomancer can't deal with elemental or spiritual magic as effectively,but the physical abilities can assist in battle.

Does that sound like it works?
Sounds good, but what role?
Well, actually, I was thinking about ditching the whole "role" thing altogether. I added it because I wanted to prevent characters from being effectively the same in what they do, but I figure now that I'm just overcomplicating things to automate something I did myself already earlier in the thread.

Yeah,the characters themselves are probably distinct enough to not be constrained by the role system. It's probably safe to go without that.

But if you want to look at it from that angle,the biomancer would be a "support" in that they can mutate into a powerful physical combatant themselves if they want,but their main job is to help the rest of the party to adapt to combat or other situations as needed on the journey.

argotNaut argotNaut we probably don't need to delineate our roles too strictly. Either way,just go with what you feel like playing most. The characters are more than just their abilities,after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back