• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Haru Rivers

Full-time DM
Iblic stood from his desk leaving his journal open. His gaze lingered on it for a moment before turning away to ready himself. He still wasn’t quite sure about the journal, or what to even write in it, but it was important. Iblic had read a small portion of the journals that Viktor had left behind. There was good advice in there sometimes, and he had perhaps learned some small things from Viktors dictated experiences. Other Times, it seemed that Viktor was just as lost as he felt at the moment. Lives were on the line and this time he was responsible for them in a different way. Everyone is responsible for the squads life out in the field, but only one person makes the decisions. Still, he was experienced enough in combat to make the call when it came to it.

Iblic looked over the files for his squad members again. Lin was to be his second in command, that he already knew. He had spoken with her a few times since Viktor’s passing. They weren’t close from time spent in the squad, or at least he was no closer with her than any other person you regularly risked your life with. She would have been his guess at next squad leader, but they went with him instead. It was a surprising choice, but Lin seemed on board with it so maybe he did fit the bill.

Amber was an interesting choice to be put in the group and brough the number of people without powers up to two. Still, despite that her numbers looked good and he also thought he remembered Lin speaking well of her a few times. He believed he had seen her a few times around the headquarters, though that wasn’t saying much. There were only a few hundred people down here with us, and not many more if you included people associated with the I.S. without living down here. You were bound to run into most people eventually.

Peri was initially surprising, but that surprise no longer held. He had been working with her over the past few months to try and get her up to speed. On one hand, she learned quickly due to her ability, she could mimic any movement he showed her perfectly. He never had to correct her form in anything, from handling weapons, to tactical sign language. Problem was, she lacked experience. She knew the motions, but knowing the motions was only half the battle. Knowing what to do and when was far more important and it was something he was trying to solidify in her head before this happened. She was young, but determined, he just hoped she could keep up, both physically and mentally.

Jay was another new recruit, but his abilities showed promise. He would need to gain finer control over his abilities, only recently becoming aware of them. There was time before missions would begin rolling out to them, so there was time for him to be combat ready yet. He was certainly a unique case, if the brief history provided in his file was true.

There were others in those files, but checking the time caused him to stop poking through them one final time. It wasn’t long until he was supposed to meet with his squad officially for the first time. They should already be assembling there waiting for him. He began making his final preparations before setting off. He would be the last to arrive.

48932948268_9e3ab48b89_m.jpg
Peritia Arai

Sister - Dancer - Mysmnemonic

"I want to fight for what is right."
--

With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Nervous and excited]

Peri was, as usual of late, in the training room. There were weights and exercise machines, punching bags and sparring mats- even a full-size boxing ring. Currently, she was simply practicing moves on the mat, sparring with an imaginary partner. Between her time with the IDF and her time training with Iblic these past few months, she'd acquired a repertoire of skills that far exceeded dancing. She was now trained in hand-to-hand combat in several martial arts disciplines, as well as advanced in gymnastics. She'd begun working on marksmanship, but only using throwing knives- the guns would come later. She was also getting used to the wrist-line launcher that she would be using on her missions.

Peri dodged a punch and swept the legs out from under her imaginary enemy before glancing at the clock- it was almost time to go meet the squad. She straightened back up and took a few deep breaths in order to center herself before stepping off the mat. She slipped her shoes back on and headed towards the door, glancing behind her to check that all the equipment was where it was supposed to be before leaving the space. She walked back through the maze-like complex which had become her new home, her feet automatically leading her where she needed to go.

Once she reached her room, she took a quick shower and changed her clothes. She looked at her reflection when she was done- a slight teenage girl with brown hair and soft brown eyes looked back at her. You wouldn't think that she was strong enough to kick down a solid wood door, or fight three grown men and win. You wouldn't know she'd been experimented on and tortured and pushed beyond what anyone could expect without breaking. You couldn't tell how strong she was- and not just physically. Peri felt she was ready. She nodded once to herself, switched off the light, and left her room, closing the door behind her.

As she walked to the meeting place, excitement and anticipation began to rise inside her. She couldn't believe that Iblic had accepted her into the squad, that she was going to get to actually do something to help the Idris State and the cause her sister had defended so fiercely since they'd been rescued and brought here. She knew Lin did not approve, did not want to see her participating in this or putting herself in danger, but it was precisely because Lin always dedicated herself so wholeheartedly to protecting her and to fulfilling the goals of I.S. that Peri wanted to join as well, to do her part.

She wondered, as she walked, who the other members of the squad would be, and whether or not she'd fit in. She worried a little that they'd be hardcore badasses who didn't think a small young girl with a talent for gymnastics belonged there. Iblic had assured her that there would be others there like her, new to I.S. and to their powers and to the cause, and that they would all be training together. Despite her ability, Peri still worried about not being able to keep up, and vowed to do her absolute best.

Finally, she was there. She pushed open the door of the assigned space and was surprised to find it empty.

Hm, guess I'm the first one here, she thought. She walked over to the right-hand wall and sat herself down to wait, heart pounding in anticipation inside her chest.

OOC: Yay, first post~!

Last edited:
"You've been assigned to a squad."

Xen looked at the male before him in confusion. He had never heard anything about being transferred.

The man chuckled, amused by Xen's expression. "What? Did you think you would be in training forever, recruit?" Those words prompted Xen to quickly shake his head in disagreement, "No, sir. But isn't it a bit early to assign me to a squad- I've only been here for a month."

"I know, but you'll receive further training there, too. Anyways, it's not within my control. I'm just a firearms instructor. Orders are orders," he replied. Xen resigned himself to his fate, knowing that he couldn't exactly decline. Still, he didn't feel ready. It's not that he doubted his sniping skills or his newfound control over his power, but rather that he wasn't confident in his ability to work well in a team- so far, he had only received individual training on marksmanship and explored his supernatural power enough to use it offensively.

"Thanks for the heads up, sir." The male said after a delayed pause.

"Haha, I'm afraid it's not much of one. You're to meet your new squad and squad leader in the meeting room, asap."

"What- now?" Despite his surprise, Xen's feet started moving towards the meeting room before his mind even fully processed his instructor's words. It was due to all those physical training drills, his body moving on reflex was a thing of habit now.

The instructor nodded, waving farewell to Xen. "Good luck," he mumbled under his breath, too quiet for Xen to hear it. He had been at I.S. for a long time, training new recruits every year. Unfortunately, not all of them returned from their missions; he hoped Xen wouldn't be one of them.

Xen rushed to the exit of the training room, giving one last parting glance to his instructor. The wave the man gave him offered him a momentary comfort against the panicked nervousness that flooded his mind. I'll be fine, he reassured himself as he opened the door and bolted into the hallway. When he got closer to the meeting room, he slowed down his pace to a fast walk, not wanting to make a fool of himself. Taking a moment to calm his pounding heart, Xen smoothed down any wrinkles he got spot in his clothing. Then he pushed the doors open and walked into the meeting room.

Spotting a brown-haired teenage girl sitting down on the right side of the room, he didn't let his surprise at seeing someone so young being assigned to a squad show. He knew by now that people couldn't be judged by their appearances. Seeing as there was no one else but them in the room, Xen briefly thought that perhaps he had come to the wrong place. Hesitating in the doorframe, he decided to just sit down- if he was in the wrong place, someone would probably tell him to get out later. The male sat down in the seat across from the female, a nonchalant expression hiding all of his true thoughts and emotions quite well.

10458978_332040980289232_4039152382461485607_o-jpg.639646
Aurora had yet another busy day. People always seemed to end up hurt whether it was in the field or in training. Right now some kid had a fracture from landing wrong after taking a tackle in sparring.

"You ever think you're going to get out there and see some action?" A fellow co-worker working across the small room asked.

"I'm not a jarhead. I don't think I need to be out there with them slowing them down." Aurora asking without taking her eyes off of the patient. She was zero'd in on where the discoloration of the skin was. When she concentrated hard enough she could see the fracture itself. The medic could see that the damage was minimal at a glance and blew out a breath before turning her attention to the injured who couldn't be older than seventeen.

"So, this is going to sting for a quick second but then it'll be over in the next instant. So I need you to be strong for me." The boy looked at her with worried eyes and jolted as Aurora quickly snapped the bone back into place and healed it with her ability. Her patient's face went through more emotions than anyone thought one could within the span of a couple of seconds. But in the end he was fine and his arm was like new. Aurora let out another breath. "You're good to go, Westin." She said before wagging a finger in his face. "Just try to learn from this because next time I'm not using my power on you. You'll have to suffer through an itchy cast and the feeling of missing out on training with the others. Got it?" Her red eyes searched he's for moment before he quickly nodded. "Good. Now let your drill instructor know I expect payment promptly." With that the boy ran out of the room and back to continue his training.

"You know," The other medic spoke up. "I think you ought to wear shades of some kind when doing your x-ray thing. Because you look like a demon and that can be scary for the patients." Aurora smirked before turning to the man.

"Good. Maybe it'll give them more sense to keep themselves from coming back." They both shared a short chuckle before a knock at the open door came. At the entrance to the room stood one of the men known to be in charge of the military operations.

"To what do we owe this visit?" Aurora asked, nervous at the answer. She was expecting more injured to follow shortly and fill up many of the empty bunks.

"You can stop with that glare, Aurora." The officer spoke. "I don't bring you ill news." Aurora and her co-worker exchange glances.

"Then what is it?" She asked.

"I've come to inform you that you finally placed in a squad. You will be their medic and rear support." Aurora was dumbfounded.

"Well," Her co-worker chimed in giving her a slap on the shoulder. "I guess you finally got what you wanted. Getting out in the field and making an immediate difference!"

"Y-yeah, I guess." She answered before turning back to the officer. "When is this change to take place?" The man smiled.

"Effective immediately. You and you're squad members are to gather in the meeting room ASAP. Your squad leader Iblic will meet you there shortly." The other nurse drew in a breath and stepped away.

"Tell me you are pulling my leg..." Aurora hated last minute planning and wasn't exactly fond for the new Captain and the officer only knew that all too well.

Aurora stepped through the doors into the meeting room and saw that, so far, there were only two others. One, she immediately recognized as Peritia. The younger sister to the only other survivor to Viktor's squad. Her ability was definitely a good one, but she was still a fourteen year old. There must have been something special that everyone saw in her because the fact that she was so young and in the Captain's squad was quite the decision.

The medic, mentally, shook her head from such thoughts. The logical part of her brain knew it wasn't his fault. It was the fault of bad chances. Luck. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There weren't any people that could tell the future, or at least not in a convenient way. Aurora was going to have to shut down her negative thoughts about the situation quick if she was going to have two of the survivors on her squad.

The other guy, Aurora didn't know. She may have seen him in the infirmary but even if she did should wouldn't have remembered. People went in and out of the place like it was part of a daily routine checkup.

The woman took a chair in the middle of the room and sat down. She just wanted the meeting done and over with quickly. If she was really going to be part of the next Captain's squad, then there were a lot of things that she would need to do.

Aurora hadn't been out in the field in quite some time. She'd need to get herself familiar with it which would, no doubt, come with training them as a group. But her weapons and supplies would still need to get cleaned and ready. Not to mention, she was out of shape. Not that she still didn't do regular exercise. Her body was still thin and athletic but her cardio was going to need much work. Her abilities were based on her stamina and since things haven't been too chaotic, lately, Aurora had been slacking a little bit. The better her stamina was, the better she would be able to perform her duties in the field without passing out. Being able to heal injuries quickly and effectively would play a huge role to the team. It would allow them to get back into the fray immediately after sustaining injury.

Aurora knew she had an important job and she'd make sure another incident like with what happened with Viktor's squad won't happen again.

Last edited:
Toby
Toby had spent the morning working in the forge. When he arrived at Idris State, he had been surprised that they even had the use for a forge. But it seemed that the need for bladed weapons never died out. Which worked perfectly for Toby. He'd managed to be placed there when he first arrived and now he practically ran the place.

He'd been working away on a new blade when the summons came through. The poor messenger had no idea that Toby was deaf and had spent a significant amount of time yelling at him, trying to get his attention. The look on the poor lad's face when he realised that Toby wasn't just being rude or trying to annot him on purpose had been priceless. He'd turned an interesting shade of purple, before handing over the message and scuttling away.

A team. Apparently he was being assigned to a team. He wasn't sure how to feel about that. He was more used to having a partner, than working with a whole squad of people, each with their own quirks. With a partner you got to know them like the back of your hand, but with a team, the balence was always harder to achieve. But orders were orders, they wanted Toby, so he would go. Hopefully there wouldn't be any idiots.

Toby had the look of an art student or maybe an English lit nerd. He certainly didn't look like the kind of guy who should be working in a forge, with his slim athletic build and long browny hair tied back into a loose man-bun. But looks were deceiving, especially in Idris State. His eyes were golden in colour. Today the nineteen year old was dressed in black jeans, a t-shirt bearing a blue print drawing of a spaceship and had a red check shirt tied around his waist. His hearing aids were metallic silver and at the moment covered by his hair.

Entering the room he looked around, recognising two of the three others already assembled there. Peri- he had trained the young girl to throw knives, she was an extremely fast learner, and her gift was damn impressive. And the healer, she'd tried to fix the damage to his ears once, but it was too severe. And then there was a black haired boy he didn't know. He leaned against the wall, watching and waiting.

Last edited:

48924471536_2ea3ef77d3_m.jpg
Lin Arai

Sister - Officer - Musician

"For Peri, for Viktor, and for the Idris State."
--

With: [Peri, Xen, Aurora, Toby]
Mood: [In military mode]

As she did every day, Lin was cleaning her gun. She had taken it apart, and all the parts were currently neatly arranged on a towel on top of her meticulously-made bed. With practiced ease, she methodically picked up each part, cleaned and lubricated it with a specialized cloth, and then put it back. She'd always found dedicating herself to such an activity to be soothing for her mind. Her rigidly disciplined personality had served her well in the military (and in practicing the piano when she was younger), and now she put it to use for the Idris State.

As she cleaned, she reflected on the crazy ride that had brought her (and her sister) to where they were now. Her and Peri's normal childhood. The terrible night their parents were killed. Her time in the military. Their time with the IDF. And then contacting the Idris State, Peri's rescue from the IDF, and the next few years training and working for the I.S. Her old squad- all their successful missions. Viktor, Iblic, and the others. The night Viktor was killed. And the aftermath... Iblic was still in pain, she knew. Even though it had been four months, and he'd been made squad captain and had started training. She knew it because she knew how he'd felt about Viktor. They didn't really talk about it much- after all, the most they had in common was their devotion to their former squad captain. But even without talking, she knew how he felt. Because it was how she felt as well.

She saw him in the complex- they would sometimes pass each other in the hallways, or see each other in the R&D department. Sometimes they even ended up training or eating together (or at least, in the same place at the same time). She wanted to talk to him about what had happened- worried that he harbored some guilt, wanted to make sure there wasn't anything problematic or dangerous festering in his heart, but ultimately kept her distance. They'd talked once- when he'd first been assigned squad captain and she his lieutenant. That conversation had reassured her that his head and his heart were in the right place. And she had in turn reassured him that she thought him qualified for the job and would follow his orders without question.

Trouble came, however, when Peri got involved. Her little sister had been asking Lin for some basic training in firearm safety and operation, and Lin had refused.

"You're too young for that stuff," she'd insisted. "Not until you're 18."

Peri had tried to argue her point- that she wanted to help, that she wanted to repay her and Viktor for their kindness, that she wanted to be useful to the Idris State and able to defend herself, but Lin had been adamant. Undeterred, Peri had then gone to Iblic, who'd agreed to train her in combat as well as, when she'd gotten assigned to the squad, the use of the wrist-line launcher. She'd also asked Toby to help her train in knife-throwing and had become unnervingly good at it. Lin knew it was only a matter of time before she would have to start teaching her sister about guns as well- Iblic was the combat instructor for the unit in hand-to-hand and use of the launchers, but she was the official weapons instructor.

She'd tried to fight the decision about Peri being in the squad when it was first announced. She'd gone to Iblic, who'd told her he was not in charge of those decisions. Obviously, he felt that Peri was skilled and enough of an asset to be part of the team, but Lin suspected he might not be entirely comfortable with it- given her age. Wasting no time, she'd gone over his head to those in charge who, while apologetic about the decision, had insisted it was the correct one. They were at war, they'd said, and couldn't afford not to use skilled and useful soldiers if they were willing and eager to be of service. "She's not a soldier- she's a little girl!" Lin had protested, to no avail. Growing increasingly desperate, she'd then tried to talk Peri out of it herself, but that too was a lost cause, so now she had to resign herself to her little sister being on the squad, and the myriad of conflicting emotions she had about it.

Peri, why did you have to do this? Lin lamented with a sigh. She took a few deep breaths to steady her feelings as she finished cleaning and reassembling her firearm, checking the safety before clipping it back into its holster. Lin rose from the bed, cleaning her cloth and setting it out to dry before folding and putting away the towel. Glancing at the clock, she realized it was time to head over to the meeting room, so she grabbed her jacket, flicked off the light and headed out the door. As she walked, she thought about the squad. Iblic and Peri, she knew about, but the others had been decided on only recently, and Iblic was the one with the file. Lin hoped they would be qualified, and that, by the end of training, they would be functioning well as a unit.

When she arrived at the meeting room and pushed open the door, she saw that the others had arrived before her. Peri was sitting on a chair by the wall, wearing her usual workout clothes and looking small. Sitting across from her was a dark-haired guy Lin didn't recognize, which meant he must be new. On a chair in the middle of the room, with the trademark white streak in her hair, was Aurora. Mixed feelings rose up in Lin at the sight: on the one hand, Aurora's healing ability would be a tremendous asset in the field, and in their line of work this could not be overstated. On the other hand, it was no secret that Aurora blamed Iblic for Viktor's death, and Lin wondered what command was thinking by assigning her to his squad. The fourth and final person was, unsurprisingly, Toby, leaning against the wall and looking, as usual, more like a college kid than a trained soldier.

Lin walked up to the front of the room and turned to stand before them.

"For those of you who don't know me, my name's Lin. I will be this squad's lieutenant and weapons instructor. I hope you're all prepared to train hard over the next several weeks, as neither I nor this squad's captain are in the habit of going easy on anybody. Make no mistake- this is war, and if you expect to survive it, you all-" here she made direct and purposefully uncomfortable eye-contact with each of them in turn, "need to become soldiers."

OOC: Long first post xD

Last edited:
Toby
Toby had thankfully turned on his hearing aids since the incident in the forge. Last thing he needed was to make a fool of himself in front of the people who would make up his new team. First impressions were important, even if he already knew the others a bit (with the notable exception of the black haired guy). He had spent so much time proving that just because he was deaf it didn't mean that it was a weakness or that he was lesser than anybody else because of it. It had taken Toby himself a long time to come to terms with that fact.

He heard footsteps arriving and looked up to see Lin arriving. He didn't know very much about her, only that she had been on a squad before and that she was Peri's older sister, but aside from that, he had little business with her. But he had no doubt that there would be conflict between the two siblings at some point or another as he got the impression that Lin wanted her sister to have no part in the fighting.

She gave her spiel, all of which he took in. Toby was under no illusions when he had signed up for Idris State. He knew that it was his skills as a fighter that were needed more than anything else. He knew that training would be tough and downright awful at points But if he could survive over three years as a totally deaf street rat he was determined that he would push himself through whatever hoops/torture/training/obstacles they flung at him.

He felt no need to introduce himself. No doubt when Iblic arrived he would either introduce them to each other or make them introduce themselves to one another. So there was no point. With a brief nod of understanding at the end of Lin's speech, he settled back against the wall and waited.

Last edited:
Iblic sat for a long while, the files in front of him held too much to take in for a single sitting. Not that this was his first sitting spent looking at them, but even so he wanted to know his new squad well. It was not just training for them that they would be going through. It would be training for himself as well, learning how best to utilize what he was seeing summed up on paper in front of him. Some of the candidates for this squad may choose to not join his squad, serving in the Idris State was not mandatory, and if someone wished to serve elsewhere or else how, they were capable with sufficient reason. Some of the newbies wouldn't be comfortable joining a strike squad, choosing instead to use their powers for recon or infiltration missions. Some would go through basic and never see action, realizing that the battlefield just wasn't for them. These were not dishonorable things at the Idris State, it was never an easy choice to put life on the line to fight the impossibly overwhelming.

It was nearing the time that the squad would be assembling. Iblic would show up exactly on time, but he expected the rest to be there relatively early. It would give them a moment to stew in their own thoughts, and perhaps even meet each other if Lin was also close to being right on time. He sighed and reached out for a block of metal, comprised of several different metals by the striations in it. In reality this block of metal was most of what Iblic used for weapons, his DMR, a not insignificant amount of ammo, specialized line launcher, and a general amount of metal were held within. In all, the metal block weighed around 55 pounds. The metal gradually wound it's way up his arm, appearing to move as a liquid despite still appearing solid. Most of the metal for now would settle around his chest and on his back in a small backpack-esque formation that would keep the weight close to his center of mass and comfortably on his hips. It would take him some time, but the metal would eventually be formed back into their original designs, the process of which would take around ten minutes.

As the last of the metal settled itself in on his body he set off for their meeting point. As he neared the room they should be located in, he heard Lin's last few words, paused a moment for her to finished, then turned the corner and entered the door, closing it behind himself. "Lin is correct. When you choose accept the call to be in my squad, know that I will not go easy." The metal he had coiled around himself not long ago began moving it's way down his relaxed arm and began shaping his DMR starting with the stock of the gun resting on the floor. It was a complex process for him, or at least it once had been, the movements of the metal to make this shape was muscle memory for him now. "Most of you are pretty fresh to Idris State, under Lin and I's tutelage, you will learn uses for your abilities you have never thought of until now. We will be a small unit and creativity is the lifeblood of small units in this war." The basic skeleton of his DMR had been completed, now the more intricate internals were being delicately crafted. "We will craft you into a tight-knit unit capable of feats only attempted by larger squads." They were certainly few in numbers, he had hoped more would answer the call, but there was always the possibility that others could be added as the need arose. "Some of you may know each other, some of you may know Lin or I from before the formation of this squad. You will take all those preexisting feelings and put them aside, because you are not friends, or enemies, nor anything in between anymore. You are now squadmates, Lin and I your Lieutenant and Captain, and preexisting feelings get people killed. Lin's orders are nonnegotiable, and mine more so. You might ignore the order of a friend, but you will not the order of your captain."

By this point the DMR was finishing it's outer shell and when it completed, it loudly racked a bullet itself and the line of metal separated from the now complete gun. Work on his line launcher began now, the weaving of the metal cabling was oddly satisfying to watch as all three sets of cable wound knitted themselves together and slowly wound its way around his bare upper arm. "Lin and I are experienced in all areas of the battlefield, when you struggle with things or have ideas or concerns, speak with one of us and we may help. Lin is your designated firearms instructor, but that does not mean that I am incapable of helping, though my knowledge on traditional marksman skills is generally textbook. I have no need to aim traditionally when my gun can point itself. Should you wish it, you may approach her for physical training advice as well, despite me handling all aspects of building you scrawny freshies into something akin to a soldier." The metal cabling finished itself and the housing for his line launcher began on the top of his forearm, with the cabling now winding itself into the housing that would allow it to spin out freely when a line was cast. "Your training begins tomorrow at 0700. Take some time to get to know each other. Lin and I will be at the firing range for a time after this, should you wish to find us." This would give them time to talk without their superior officers standing over them. He figured that some may even come to the firing range and speak with them about one thing or another, or even to introduce themselves. With a faint clicking sound his line launcher was complete and loaded for firing. "Dismissed," were his final words before he hefted the DMR off the floor, took one final look at his recruits, and exited the room.

Lin Arai

--

With: [Iblic]
Mood: [Neutral]

When Iblic entered the room, Lin stepped back a few paces to stand at attention at his shoulder with her hands behind her back. This was in part because visible hierarchy was important in any military unit, and as a first impression she wanted to make sure to reinforce that, just like Iblic was doing with his speech. Partly though, it was simply because that was the way she was wired, and her military training had already drilled it into her as a reflex. She nodded at the group when he talked about putting aside preexisting feelings and obeying the captain's orders, lingering just an extra second on Aurora's face.

As he talked, Iblic's weapons were assembling themselves on his arms, seemingly of their own volition. Lin had seen it before, but it never ceased to amaze her. Iblic's power was impressive in itself, but more so was the fact that he had enough focus to direct the assembly of complex machines while giving a welcome speech. More than his power, however, Lin respected the man's discipline and iron will. When he invited them to come to either himself or her with any questions or concerns, Lin nodded again. She looked over the group as he mentioned her availability to help them with physical training, wondering which (if any) might be likely to need or want it. She suspected Peri would. She didn't know enough about the new guy to judge. Toby was already well-trained, but might want to spar. And Aurora... She could never predict what Aurora would do.

She approved of Iblic making use of militaristic lingo to summon and dismiss the group. Being paramilitary at best, the rules at Idris State were typically less strict than those in the actual military, but Lin found that, the more structure was imposed, the better units functioned and the better the group did overall. Lin nodded once more at his final instructions, took one last look around the room, resisting the urge to smile at her sister, and followed him out. She hoped there wouldn't be any disagreements right off the bat- anything other than dedication to the cause and to each other always made things more difficult.

She fell into step beside him as they walked down the corridor towards the firing range. Not one to beat around the bush, she got straight to the point.

"So, what do you think?" she asked, knowing she didn't need to specify that she was asking for his assessment of the other members of the squad.

OOC: And they're out! ;P

Last edited:
10257514_359616964198300_38758647597908232_o.jpgAurora put her crossed legs up on another chair with her arms crossed as Lin walked in and gave a brief statement. Lin being with them was at least a little reassuring. Everyone at Idris State knew Lin was a very capable individual. Then Iblic walked in and the medic felt an involuntary pang of anger. It wasn't something she could control. Every time Aurora say the man she just pictured Viktor or Nicholas in his place. Where they should have been.

Aurora was amused with the whole drill sergeant that came from her new captain. She wondered just how many people on the squad were new since most of what she was hearing were the same bits as when she first arrived at Idris State and started training. Aurora was liking the idea of this squad less and less. The idea of going out with fresh recruits wasn't exactly making her feel optimistic. It wasn't her own safety she was concerned with. She'd be on the back line. But the idea of a kid having her six while she tended to another's wounds made Aurora's stomach flip. She just had to hope that whoever put this squad together knew exactly what they were doing. Otherwise, this was a very harsh prank.

Then Iblic mentioned something about not letting emotions from past events have any influence on the current team. Aurora was more than pretty sure that she was the target of that. It wasn't exactly a secret how Aurora felt about Iblic. Sure Lin was in Viktor's squad as well, but she was well trained. Hell, Aurora believed Lin was the reason Iblic probably made it back as well. Either way, Aurora continued to glare at their new captain as he spoke. His words sounding far away as she kept asking herself why, over and over.

He finally finished saying that their official training started early the next day. He then left with Lin following after. A moment later Aurora kicked the chair, her legs were resting on, away. She stood up and paced for a couple of seconds before turning her attention towards the others.

"Okay, which of you are the newbies he mentioned? I'm going to be the squad's medic and I want to know who I'll be patching up the most."

Toby
Toby watched with intense interest as Iblic spoke. Sure he knew that Iblic's ability allowed him to manipulate metal at will, but never had the chance to experience it firsthand. He was damn impressed. The detail required to perfectly replicate all the weapon components perfectly must have taken thousands of hours of practice to get right. Not to mention that one mistake could cost lives in the field. And he made it look so completly effortless and fluid, another testament to Iblic's control and determination.

The words coming out of Iblic's mouth were only of secondary importance. The only important part was training started at 7 the next morning, and to come to him or Lin with greivances/problems/questions. Toby was far more interested in his body language and that of those around him. Aurora was giving off particularly hostile vibes, but her dislike of Iblic was common news.

After Lin and Iblic left (no doubt to talk about their opinions on the team) it was Aurora who made the first move, accompanied by some aggressive pacing. He considered his answer before speaking. Was he considered a newbie? Sure this was his first time on a team. But it wasn't his first time fighting nor was he that new to Idris State. Eventually he decided that it was just best to say all that.

"I'm new to being on a team like this, but not that new Idris State and not at all new to fighting for my life." He replied directing his response at Aurora, then figured that he should probably introduce himself, if nkt for her benefit, then for the benefit of the guy in the corner. "I'm Toby"

Iblic glanced sideways at Lin as she fell in step with him. "I think it will be a rough start. They're all very different." He resisted giving a sigh. He wasn't concerned with anyone in particular, they were all a problem in their own right. Many of them were considered internally as loners not capable of functioning in a unit. That may very well turn out to be true, but they needed the skills they had now, and if that meant working with brittle metal then he would forge them the best he could.

The shooting range was a small ways away from the residential quarters and meeting rooms that they had left. It was nestled in the furthest depths of the complex, being one of the later things that was excavated out. Work was on going on the complex, expanding for more numbers and additional facilities, but work was slow because all that excavated material had to go somewhere. The range was currently empty, it was later in the day and many would be preparing to relax this evening.

He had requested that the range be set up for him this evening though, and it was. Six of the range stalls were prepared with targets down range. The standard distance was fifty meters, though the range was capable of having targets out to one-hundred and fifty meters.

His silence didn't last long once in the range. "I don't think we'll have to be too tough with them though. I think many of them will want to make this work with not a lot of pushing. They will get over their misguided arrogance and misconceptions." None of them had worked in a team like this. It was easy to come into this with the wrong mindset, but reality often doles out harsh corrections. "They will learn and we will teach them." He paused a moment, readying his DMR for a shot, then quieter said, "Sometimes I feel as if we are suffocating down here. We need them to learn, we need everyone we can get." His first shot was dead center on the chest.

One by one, people streamed into the room. A female who looked to be in her twenties and a scrawny, nerdy looking guy who decided the wall was more comfy than a chair. He wondered if any of them knew each other, but assumed they didn't, considering they didn't even offer each other a greeting. Neither of the two said anything so he continued to wait for someone who would. It didn't take long.

Finally, a woman walked in, making eye contact with each of them. When it was his turn, Xen returned her gaze steadily, he had received ones just as harsh during basic training. He was used to it by now. In fact, he would probably be thrown off guard if someone looked at him kindly- how times have changed.

As she introduced herself and gave the room of them a quick speech on how they needed to become soldiers if they wanted to survive, Xen held in a smile. He knew she was right, but god, did this moment reek of movie cliches. Be serious, Xen. His gaze flickered over to the male along the wall, his peripheral vision picking up on a small motion. Following the male's precedent, he also gave Lin a subtle, slight nod.

It was then that Iblic chose to walk in, drawing Xen's attention almost immediately- not because of his presence but rather because there was finally a familiar face in a sea of unfamiliarity. Although the male wasn't sure he could really say he knew Iblic as they had only met once before, he was still relieved nonetheless. For most of Iblic's speech, he was somewhat distracted by the metal bending show, more interested in the DMR assembling itself than what Iblic was saying. He did catch the gist of it though, 'Listen to orders... Lin and I can train you in stuff... We're gonna make you into great soldiers... Training begins tomorrow.' Something like that.

"Dismissed," were Iblic's final words and with that, he was gone. Xen was glad he left, feeling the serious, somber air had left with him. Not that he felt Lin was less threatening, but Iblic emanated an aura of authority that almost felt like a tangible weight on his chest. Lin followed him out, unsurprisingly. He vaguely remembered something about them being in the firing range, should they need them.

After they left, the woman who had come in right after him into the room introduced herself as the team's medic and demanded to know who the newbies are. That's my cue.

However, before he could speak up, the wall leaner did. After Toby finished, Xen cleared his throat and gave the medic a small wave, more to gain her attention than to greet her. "I'm also new. I got here about a month ago. But I don't think you'll be patching me up too much, considering I'll probably be placed in the back-lines with you." He paused for a moment before elaborating on his specialty, "I'm a sniper, though I can wield a SMG in a pinch."

"My name's Xen, by the way," he said, sounding friendly. It had only occurred to him last minute that he ought to introduce himself as well. Giving the medic a laid-back smile, he hoped that she didn't already dislike him for being a newbie.

Peritia Arai

--

With: [Xen, Aurora, Toby]
Mood: [Nervous]

Peri sat and watched in silence as first a dark-haired guy she didn't know walked in and sat himself down in front of her, followed by Aurora, instantly recognizable with her tell-tale white streak, who sat down in the middle of the room. Then came Toby, looking friendly and relaxed and deciding to lean against the wall rather than sit down. After Toby came Lin. Peri felt a strange mix of emotions when she saw her sister, but mostly it made her nervous and uncomfortable- not just because she knew Lin didn't approve of her being there, but because she was armed and in full military mode; something Lin usually went out of her way not to be around her sister.

She began to give a speech to the room, eyeing each of them in turn. Peri made an effort to meet her gaze and not look down or look away like she really wanted to. She needed to prove to her sister that she belonged here, and that she wasn't going anywhere. After Lin's speech ended, Iblic walked in, introducing himself and picking up where she left off. His speech made her even more nervous, and she couldn't suppress the trepidation that rose up, her fear that she wouldn't be good enough, would mess up, would let them down. He concluded by dismissing them, giving instructions for the next morning, and then he and Lin left the room.

Peri looked around her at the others, wondering who would speak first when, unsurprisingly, Aurora got up, essentially challenging the rest of them to see who was the greenest on the block. Peri blushed despite herself, knowing she probably had the least experience (and was obviously the youngest and most vulnerable member of the group). Toby responded in his measured, pleasant manner, and then the new guy introduced himself as Xen. Knowing she was the only one left, Peri gathered her courage, stood up, and stepped forward.

"I'm Peri," she said in an undeniably small voice. "I'm fairly new but I do have some training, and I look forward to working with you all."

She hoped her discomfort and lack of confidence weren't too obvious at this point- the others made for an intimidating group.

OOC: Aaaand post~!

Last edited:
1573197101817.pngAfter asking her question it was Toby who spoke up first. Aurora recognized him when she first stepped into the meeting room. She had tried to heal back his hearing but the damage was long done and had already formed itself to the way it was now. Aurora could only heal fresh wounds. She could rebreak an improperly placed bone and readjust it but old scars or an injury that was long past? That was past the extent of her power.

Aurora was glad to hear Toby was new to the group but not new to fighting. That was good and she nodded her head in acknowledgment with a little bit of enthusiasm. The woman could work with him. She was in the same boat. The medic had seen her fair share of combat as well. This was her first time being in permanent squad but being shot at and being in the midst of gunfight was old news.

The next person to get her attention and speak was a young man by the name of Xen. Then her worst fears were confirmed. He was new and he would be the one that is helping her at the rear of the squad. The enthusiasm instantly left her face as she placed her head into her hands for a brief moment.

Maybe it wasn’t all bad. Maybe he was a crack shot? Maybe he had the reflexes of a trained professional?

Maybe pigs will fly and the I.D.F. will just lay down their weapons to become pacifist and tree huggers. Aurora thought to herself.

The sound of a chair scraping the ground made Aurora pick her head up. The young one was standing now with, what looked like, some gathered courage. Aurora would have called it cute if this were a completely different time and place.

Her name was Peri. Also, new, which is what Aurora had guessed without much thought. After the little girl introduced herself Aurora walked over and bent over a bit to look her in the eyes. She held her stare for a few seconds before speaking.

“Your eyes are soft.” Aurora said quietly. “You haven’t had the misfortune of looking at death in the face time and time again. Haven’t had to see the life disappear from countless others’ eyes while being the cause for many of them.” Aurora straightened herself and looked between Peri and Xen. “No matter how much training you do, it won’t prepare you for the mental scars fighting a war will cause. Aurora’s eyes held a far away look as she continued. I’ve seen people who have gotten metals in training freeze up on the battlefield. And many times freezing up is a difference between life or death. Aurora then returned her gaze to her new squad.

“My name is Aurora and while I do possess the ability to mend wounds I cannot bring the dead back to life. So don’t get yourselves killed when it comes to practice what you’ve been taught.”[/imagefloat]

Toby
Aurora's nod of approval and slight enthusiasm was enough for Toby to know that his answer was the right kind. Evidently he wasn't too much of a newbie too be considered a newbie in her mind. But her face fell and the enthusiasm that had briefly sparked up vanished again as the other two introduced themselves. Both newbies.

The black haired male introduced himself as Xen and said that he had been in Idris State for only a month. The fact that Xen copied his nod didn't escape Toby's attention. He also introduced himself as a sniper, a piece of information filed away by Toby. Knowledge was power in his mind..

Peri was last, undeniably (and justifiably) nervous. She was the youngest on the team by a good bit, and no doubt having her sister in charge was going to cause some complications. Toby was glad that he was not the one going under Aurora's intense gaze and speech. There was an truthfullness in Aurora's body language and voice that only came from experience.

"Noted. I think I'll be doing more frontline work, but they've been a more than a little sparse on information." He replied, he honestly wasn't quite sure what his role was going to be on the team, but his blade skills were better suited to frontline work or sneaking around.

Lin Arai

--

Mood: [Neutral]

Lin nodded at Iblic's assessment as they walked. They did indeed all seem to be quite different from each other, and it would take time and work to mold them into a functioning unit. She relaxed immediately the second they walked into the shooting range- this was her place, and she felt at ease here. She'd probably logged in more hours using it than any other member of the Idris State, except perhaps for Viktor. Not having a special ability, Lin trained extra hard in conventional, hand-to-hand combat, and even more so in marksmanship. She couldn't match most of the others for sheer power, considering their gifts, but she more than made up for it with her shooting.

Iblic commented on the difficulty of getting the team to work together. He seemed confident about it, which was good. She blinked as he disclosed a rare moment of emotional vulnerability. Suffocating? Lin had to admit she'd never really thought of it that way. Her time in the military had put her in far more uncomfortable locations than this for extended periods of time, and her and Peri's time with the IDF made her relish the freedom of the Idris State. Despite being hunted, living underground and not being able to go out, they could roam the complex as they pleased, do as they wished, and fight for what they wanted to. As far as Lin was concerned, they had the freedom that mattered most.

"I know you're impatient to get out there and win this fight, but try not to dwell on maudlin thoughts," she advised. She knew all too well what happened to a solider when they were allowed too much time alone with their thoughts. It could get them- and their teammates- killed.

She watched her captain line up and take his shot. As expected, it was perfect. Lin adjusted the target to her preferred range of 100 meters, put in her specialized earplugs, and pulled out her gun. As always, she checked the safety and ammo, then took casual yet careful aim, and fired. The poor paper target got blasted straight through the forehead, and Lin took a moment to observe the results of her shot critically before clicking her safety back on and placing her gun on the table in front of her. Removing one of the earplugs, she turned to Iblic again.

"So do you have a training schedule set up, or did you want to play this by ear?" she asked.

OOC: That marksmanship though ;P

Last edited:
Iblic frowned at her words momentarily. She was right to say that self-pity would get him no where, but that was not the source of his words. "Something has to change Lin. We cannot stay down here forever. E1 has many unhappy people, many sympathetic towards our cause, but we cannot take everyone down here. Many have fled the walls of the city, or at least tried. Our actions tip the scales ever further towards chaos." He paused a moment, examining his gun with an absent gaze. "Down here we cannot give them safety and the change they want. If we had our way, our time to emerge would wait until we were more ready, but the world will force our hand eventually. The I.D.F. will come down hard on any such revolution the people might start without us. We cannot afford to let that opportunity pass by."

Iblic turned his attention away from his gun and smiled softly at Lin. "Have no fear Lin, my head an heart are in the right place for this. We do not have time to grieve any longer." His smile faded a bit as he returned to business. "They have been through the basics, though they still have a long ways to go. They will need additional training in most of those areas and we will provide. Continuing the basics will have to do for now, developing their powers should begin soon as well. We have easier preliminary missions in the not too distant future. Command is putting a rush on us to get out there and clean up a few assets they won't trust to anyone else."

Iblic hefted his rifle again. He adjusted the size and shape of the ammunition within his rifle. It was a simple thing really, expand the barrel a small amount, ammo to fit the new caliber, bullet length and grain amount. He moved the target out to one hundred meters and took aim again. His next shot was not as accurate as his first, but it was still handily center mass. This was part of his own training as well, adjusting the size and function of his guns was a simple matter, but adjusting himself to the new bullet arc was a learned skill and one he still needed work on. His frown was momentary, it was a decent enough shot and he continued to get better as he practiced it. He just hoped the benefits would show on the battlefield.

Xen could watched as the girl who he had seen alone in the room introduce herself as Peri and found himself somewhat sympathetic as it was clear to him she wasn't exactly at ease with them- her posture practically screamed discomfort.

He was soon distracted by Aurora speaking to both him and Peri; he could almost feel Aurora's disappointment with their newbie status. Well, it's not like I can help it. "I know what I signed up for. I also know freedom comes with a price," he replied, sounding wiser than his years. It was true though; he may have come to the decision to join the Idris State rather quickly on the day Iblic came into his home, but Xen had thought it through. Everyday when he held his sniper rifle and practiced shooting in the firing range, he could feel its weight bearing down on him, the weight of the consequences if he hit his target as well as the ending that awaited him and his allies if he didn't.

"I'll do my best to not give you too much work to do, Aurora," he said, a slight joking tone to his voice now. For the most part, he remained serious though as he was only trying to lighten the mood a bit.

He looked over at Toby when he spoke up, his gaze questioning. "What weapons do you use?"

Peritia Arai

--

With: [Aurora, Toby, Xen]
Mood: [Defiant]

"Your eyes are soft.” Aurora had gotten up, walked over to her, and leaned down to look into her face. “You haven’t had the misfortune of looking at death in the face time and time again. Haven’t had to see the life disappear from countless others’ eyes while being the cause for many of them.” Peri shivered a little at the words as Aurora straightened and looked between her and Xen. “No matter how much training you do, it won’t prepare you for the mental scars fighting a war will cause." Peri frowned. Yes, it was true she had not yet seen combat, but she wasn't some fragile and sheltered flower either. She had witnessed and been submitted to her fair share of horror as well, even if it wasn't on a battlefield. The look in her eyes hardened as Aurora continued. "I’ve seen people who have gotten metals in training freeze up on the battlefield. And many times freezing up is a difference between life or death." Aurora stared them down, and Peri understood this to be her way of introducing herself, sharing her knowledge and making her expectations clear.

“My name is Aurora and while I do possess the ability to mend wounds I cannot bring the dead back to life. So don’t get yourselves killed when it comes to practice what you’ve been taught.” Peri nodded, sensing from this last bit that, in truth, Aurora cared about them and didn't want to see them get killed. Being harsh was just... her way. Her shield, perhaps. Peri had only ever experienced the need for one back when she was still a prisoner of the IDF, but Lin, she knew, had one as well, which was why it felt familiar to her.

With Aurora's speech now completed, it was Toby's turn to respond. Xen followed suit, responding to Aurora's concerns and then inquiring about Toby's weapons. Deciding it was time to get a word in edgewise and make herself clear, Peri cleared her throat and looked Aurora in the eye.

"I may not be the most experienced person here," she said as firmly as she could, "but that doesn't mean you should underestimate my capabilities, or my resolve. I know what I volunteered for, and I wouldn't have done so without the conviction that I can be an asset to this team. I don't plan to let anyone down, or to get killed if I can help it."

OOC: This is an interesting group ^^

Last edited:
Toby
Xen and Peri took different in trying to convince Aurora that despite being newbies they weren't going be to causing too many problems or freezing up on the battlefield. Xen claimed that he knew freedom came with a price when he signed up. But it would be interesting to see how true that was. Peri took a more defiant stance on things, all but giving out about people judging her for her age when really she should be judged on her skills and determination. A fair request, but not an easy one for everyone to comply with in his opinion. Her age was her most noticeable factor and she would always be having to prove herself because of it. Just like my deafness he thought.

Then Xen asked about the weapons he used. "Blades primarily- knives, daggers being the first choice, a sword or spear at a push. After that anything I can throw at people. And when necessary hand to hand combat" maybe Xen had been expecting Toby to say guns of some sort, but that wasn't the case. It had easier when living on the streets to use and maintain knives, than to use and maintain guns.

"My ability, power.....whatever you want to call it" he really needed to find out the official term for the abilities some of the people at Idris State had "allows me to control the path of whatever I throw." He added, by means of explanation. As he listed his weapons there was no smugness or boasting or self praise, just the facts.

1573627104911.pngAurora listened to everyone's response. Toby was the only one she wasn't really worried about. Xen and Peri seemed confident, sure, but so were a lot of people up until combat. She'd see people, literally, piss themselves when the shooting started. The same people that seemed confident going into training. Aurora didn't blame them though. She was scared to on her first mission and her first gunfight was downright frightening. But when it came to pulling the trigger, that's exactly what she did. Aurora shoved down her feelings of guilt and sympathy until after she was home, safe. Until then, it was kill or be killed. In fact, Nicholas was the one that gave her the speech she was giving now. It helped a little bit but the woman knew that each person was different. Not everyone took to learning the same way.

But for now, everyone seemed confident, especially, Peri. That would have to do for now. Aurora could only nod and give Peri that, "Then prove it" look. Xen seemed a little more laid back. And then he asked about Toby's weapon of choice. It was mostly some types of bladed weapon. An interesting choice until she heard what his power was. Very interesting combination, indeed. Toby was looking more and more like a good choice for the group. After he finished his explanation Aurora turned to the other two.

"And what about you two? Weapon and power. Then I suggest to head down to the firing range to see where everyone is at with their weapon and accuracy. My weapon primarily consist of small firearms; SMGs and pistols. Their primary purpose is to provide assistance and cover fire."

OOC: Sorry this post is kinda short

Lin Arai

--

Mood: [Pondering]

When Iblic went deeper into his train of thought, laying it out for Lin while absently examining his gun, it became her turn to frown. At first, she thought What's the point of thinking about that stuff? But then, the more he talked, the more she came to understand- this was what leaders thought about. Not just the present and the immediate, but the big picture and the future. This was why Iblic was team leader. Lin was a fighter, a soldier. She was experienced, and she was skilled. She would stay focused and be useful, helping her team to accomplish their objective and get back alive. She could lead a squad on a mission- no problem, no questions asked.

But the plans and the orders and the setting of objectives still came from above her. What made her such a good soldier was that she didn't dwell on or think about the big picture. She wasn't trying to figure out how to advance the goals and mission of the Idris State. She wanted to help make them happen, but she wasn't one to get involved in figuring out the who, what, where, and how of it- she just did what she was told by the people whose job it was to do so. But Iblic was different, she realized. He'd always been more driven and zealous than she was in this respect, but now she was coming to realize it more and more as he grew into his role as team leader. And as she came to recognize this, it brought about a second realization: that he was growing to be more and more like Viktor.

Viktor had been the one with all the impassioned speeches. It was contagious- his vision; the sheer monumental strength of his conviction. It was what made you want to follow him, what made you share in his dream and want to help make it a reality. She and Iblic and virtually everyone Viktor had come into contact with had felt it. And now that Viktor was gone, Iblic was becoming that visionary and source of inspiration. She smiled to herself, thinking this might have been part of the reason she had been on board with him becoming team leader in the first place. She still worried that he might be affected by something out on the field and lose his head. That passion and conviction came with a price- Lin couldn't see beyond the end of her nose when it came to her mission, but at least it allowed her to stay focused and detached. Iblic's passion and grief over Viktor's death were still a worrisome combination.

As if reading her thoughts, he looked up at her and smiled, addressing her concerns. She nodded at his words, though knowing from experience that grief could be pushed down or pushed aside but not gotten rid of, and that it was a dangerous thing when not acknowledged and properly managed. Returning to the business at hand, Iblic outlined his intentions for the squad. She nodded again, watching as he adjusted his target and weapon range and took aim again. She smiled appreciatively- not many could make a shot that accurate at that range. Iblic wasn't as good at marksmanship as she was but, with his ability compensating, they were practically on the same level when it came to down to it.

Well, when it comes to guns, at least, she thought to herself, having, on a couple occasions, gotten to witness the extent of what his power could really do in action. It was impressive, to say the least. Shaking her head to get herself back into focus, she turned to him and asked

"What percentage of group vs. individual training are you thinking? It's a small enough group that I think they'd all benefit from specialized instruction to maximize their potential and ability, but it's also very important that they learn to function as a unit."

OOC: Aaand post! ;P

Last edited:
With Peri announcing her ability to fend for herself, Xen held in a small chuckle. Her age made her look like a kid trying to play grownup, despite her courageous words. Still, he was nice enough to not say anything mocking. The male wasn't look to break apart the team with uncalled drama when they had just gotten together.

When Toby mentioned his specialty being knives, a small bit of surprise showed on Xen's face before it died away, replaced by mild intrigue. "That's an interesting combination. I wish my own power worked with my weapon of choice with such synergy." There was some slight lamentation in his voice, but he didn't truly mind the power he was stuck with- telepathy wasn't that bad. He was appreciative of the fact that Toby wasn't a man of arrogance, making a mental note to perhaps ask him for some close combat tips later.

"As I mentioned before, I use a modified sniper rifle. In a pinch, it can transform into a shotgun, which I am fairly decent at aiming. As for my power..." [It's telepathy.] His voice sounded quietly in everyone's head.

OOC: Sorry for the short reply.

Toby
Toby noticed the intrigue and surprise on Xen's face. He was aware that knives were an unusual choice for a primary weapon, but that wasn't going to stop him from using them. He was lucky enough to have a power that worked with him in such a way.

Xen had already mentioned that he was a sniper, but it was still interesting to hear what weapons he used. His eyes widened in shock at Xen's voice in his head, but not for the reason one might expect. Toby's irrational and illogical side had instantly jumped to (the wrong) conclusion. That meant his initial reaction was along the lines of "Have I just regained the ability to hear? Has my deafness gone?" He nearly checked his hearing aids, but his logical brain caught up a few seconds later, having actually listened to what Xen said. This was telepathy. Which he had to admit was awesome, and instantly he wanted to know more.

"Now that is cooler mine. How telepathic are you? Can you access any mind at any time or are there restrictions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back