• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

ATTENTION ALL!

There has been a great deal of time stilting during the fight with the horned one -- I have tried to process all outstanding orders, but if you are still waiting for anything to get accomplished, let me know and I'll get right on it Everyone Everyone .

That said, Fisher mother continues to aggress, the colony voyage to the old world is almost complete, the Hatzburks will soon return with the wealth of traded goods and additional supplies. (those counting on word being passed on home can count on this as missives were passed on to a fast pinnace at the nearest trading post)

This includes contact of Fennec with the HTC, and the proposal/debtgelt of the Tyren.

"Aurora Hosannaialis" : Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo

With the completion and imbuement of the Victorian Fountain with a tear of water -- a strange phenomenon occurred when the Highborn Shrine of the Planetar evoked the presence of it's angel... the Astral tear and the water tear seemed to synergize -- an aurora of dancing light, visible most commonly on darker nights as even starlight made it hard to see -- banded between the two structures.

VICTORIAN FOUNTAIN BECOMES WELLSPRING OF GREATER HOLY WATER.

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion : It is speculated that the astral temple gains some water-based control or power -- but this would need to be investigated.

Everyone Everyone :

If you have forces at the mud-elf settlement, please have them act in the next few days so the game can continue to run smoothly.

There is much to discuss about the Brood Mother, and still secrets and things to survey in the new ghost-town. As well as communing with the earth serpent if desired.

I got time today and tomorrow so Ima go through and make the Finecians 2.0. They've developed nicely during the course of the rp and their CS should reflect that. Plus with mostly new players it shall not be a bad transition from old Fennecs to the new.

Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade If you think it would be intersting our factions could hail from the same vast desert? That could offer a background tie to expedient diplomatic relations as well as limited meta knowledge of one another.

If you want them from separate deserts that's also fine.

Yes, let's! In my lore, the Anaedael mountain range (home to the other half of my faction, high elves with a culture of eagle riding) are to the east of the desert and the ocean is to the west (like the Peruvian desert). This physical geographic information may or may not be important for you and yours, but it's what I had in mind. It also is one-way deserts happen irl.

I really want to keep adding more layers to my faction and characters' background too. I hope that won't be too much of a bother, Beck

It can only make the game richer. You should see the Attolians - they have rank and file soldiers who routinely pop up as developed characters in the story, "Jav" is one of my favorites.. for example.

I love that.

Also Q: can the skilled workers be of different races? In my backstory, I have already mentioned the elves in the mountains traded with dwarves and gnomes beneath their cities. I figured one or two of these would have been in their court and traveled with them in exile.

I love that.

Also Q: can the skilled workers be of different races? In my backstory, I have already mentioned the elves in the mountains traded with dwarves and gnomes beneath their cities. I figured one or two of these would have been in their court and traveled with them in exile.

I'd allow them only at the V-skilled (character) level -- mixed races are almost always a nono with starting factions though your backstory allows Highborn and Human cultures. There are always exceptions (like the fennec having troll muscle) but my advice if you want to diversify is to find out who's on the mainland and court their cooperation, and generate influence to draw such minorities into your faction.

Hey, hope you guys enjoy my redux-ed CS so far! Should give some insight into how my faction is playing and portraying itself. Definitely do read between the lines! ;)

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Spacekitty Spacekitty General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch :

To expedite the game blasting off, please repost old orders and old projects and most current projects before the hiatus will be wrapped up as despite the length of the hiatus the time passed in game is likely a few weeks.

Remind me of formerly pressing concerns so that they do not fall by the wayside.

Hopefully everyone will have new objectives and orders up and I shall begin processing and the game shall sally forth!

Yes, let's! In my lore, the Anaedael mountain range (home to the other half of my faction, high elves with a culture of eagle riding) are to the east of the desert and the ocean is to the west (like the Peruvian desert). This physical geographic information may or may not be important for you and yours, but it's what I had in mind. It also is one-way deserts happen irl.

That works for me. I'd put Qrirain somewhere near the south and a few days ride from the western coast. If you'd like to name the desert that might be helpful.

My race originated in a desert too. Ran an influential trade hub for a while before the Muurdaan took over and the Finecians stated across the continents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back