• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

It's actually a double-entendre -- It was initially named "SHEARcliffs" because it seemed the terrain was deformed by some form of geomancy -- the rock was pressed into a packed layer and ripped upward away from the rest of the ground around it. It's a sheer cliff, but it was sheared out of ground from the surrounding rock... but you'd only know that if you read the entire thread very carefully. :D
Oh, so I spelled it correctly? I just noticed shear vs sheer rereading my last post and I was like, "boy have I continually screwed that up."

:)

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon I'm thinking about sending the party leaders to formally meet with yours. As of now they haven't really had the right moment to get to know each other. They'll want to discuss how the colony is currently organized, and how the Gewgaws will fit into it it's system—basically they want to know if they'll be given a seat at the government table.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon I'll try flagging you one more time. If you want to weigh in on the coming meeting between our factions (should it take place) we can discuss it here or through PMs. I don't fancy we roleplay it, as it will take up a chunk of time over nothing particularly critical, but I'd like to come up with a summary on how it concludes.

Shireling Shireling Bone2pick Bone2pick Comrade in the Shade Comrade in the Shade :

New players -- you have charters from the Imperial government of muurdaan to settle in the new world (because you were banished) -- this is a vital plot point to keep in mind, and it also entitles you to a special treasure: A tear of divinity -- which must be chosen.

The types of tear are Fire, water, earth, air, stars, bone, blood, and Nature.

If you do NOT want an imperial charter for RP reasons, note that it will lead to complexities and intrigue outside of an obvious scope. Let me know your choices. <3

News travels swiftly over discord. How much of a process is getting one's hands on a charter? My faction are refugees who wasted little time to flee to the new world. While I normally opt to side with story over mechanics, there's enough faction imbalance already, so if possible I'll go with the flow.

It's a simple minor change in story detail -- You fled before the Muurdaan could rent their wrath, but ultimately through diplomatic means your people secured the charter as a means to banish you to the new world as an "Outlaw Continent" -- it aptly explains how you managed to travel through the empire on your way to the sea without being murdered, legitimizes your presence in the new world (as legitimate outcasts) and you get your tear of divinity. :D

Fair enough. The Gewgaws actually fled other parties of Qrirain who sided with the Muurdaan, but I suspect that's an irrelevant detail to your point. The party will have a charter.

Tear of divinity = blood, as they're a people of hormones & intoxicants

We'll play it as being such a popular party did not leave you a shortage or enemies, but also not a shortage of friends. Fearing unrest, the Muurdaan (perhaps mistakenly) granted passage to make sure assimilation of the Qrirain went smoothly.

One more thing Beckoncall Beckoncall , if you wouldn't mind explaining a little more about the tears of divinity. Like how large they are & how they're generally used & kept. Do they require a magic user to unlock their abilities? Can they be worn or equipped to weaponry or jewelry?

As per size, they're like a nice little chunk that snugly fits in a person's hand (or that's how I picture it). They do not need a magician to use, but they seem to respond to a user's intent. They can be used to enchant items and even buildings.

Jwon is correct. The gems can be drained by directing a users intent, but can sustainably enchant an item or building.

Interesting. Loch Monsto doesn't have a building worthy of enchantment as of yet, but in the future... In the case of the pantheon and the church, are the tears always present inside the buildings? Would the enchantment break if they were removed?

Updated the party's slideshow last night.

I will send you an in-character proposal via PMs within the day regarding a business proposal. Keep your eyes peeled! Can you give a description of your settlement and/or how a diplomat would approach the GeeGaw and be received? Just something quick, enough for a nice little post so we have something nice to post. A mini collab!

Best practice is to let Beck catch up on orders. Besides, other stuff might happen that might prompt you to change some of your orders.

Best practice is to let Beck catch up on orders. Besides, other stuff might happen that might prompt you to change some of your orders.

I was just going to post the narrative part and hold off on new orders. I wouldn't do that to Beck. But I can hold it all back if that's what's polite here.

I was just going to post the narrative part and hold off on new orders. I wouldn't do that to Beck. But I can hold it all back if that's what's polite here.
Narrative is always good. Can have orders in a subsequent post after your standing orders are processed.

And as always, your narrative was VERY good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back