• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

About the 3d20 idea, I don't like it very much. I personally would prefer knowing what I was rolling for, or in all honesty having you roll for us behind the scenes. This way there is an element of surprise, rather than rolling 3 bad dice and completely expecting a bad situation to come.

I honestly have no objection to you rolling behind the scenes since I know your not going to do anything that will get in the way of a good story

That I have your trust is quite gratifying. I hope you will enjoy the campaign as much as I will! xD

If I roll for you behind the scenes I may elect to include the numbers... but I may not always remember. If I get into trouble wondering what your character might do, I may ask for standing instructions for certain things -- like how you would want a fight to be conducted, and how you would want to handle something if a fight turned against you. Normally these decision points would halt at a post-prompt, but we'll play it by ear.

@General Deth Glitch @Leusis @SpiralErrant

Cool, especially for the how I would want a fight done, since I have recently been looking at evidence of how viking truly fought (Rather then the Hollywood BS)

Sorry for not getting around to posting today. I just started a new job and worked some rather ridiculous hours so I'm pretty tired. I will however make sure to post before I got work, and if you guys are active then, likely a few more times.

No prob. Life and family first! This stuff is just part of the whole PbP thing. I'll do my best to get to your posts when I see them so you have greater opportunity to respond to a branching or option. :D

@Leusis :

(Hopefully I'm not posting too quick considering you haven't finished Deth's post, but I assumed since this didn't involve anybody else that its alright. Also, waking up only like 4 hours after going to bed after a 10 hour shift is just fantastic lol)

==DEFINITELY NOT! I'm super stoked that I got a reply/resolution to the dilemma of the Tyren so quickly! Awesome!

Hope you get the rest you need, friend... you'll have to make it up sometime!

Hi guys! Just checking in with people, been keeping an eye on how things progress on my phone and working on some of my reply. Expect a big post from me about all that's been happening tonight.

And yeah they would have totally accepted the elves' offer. I was actually thinking once I read the post that I'd ask them for help, just goes to show great minds think alike xD

The wall! The wall is up phew. If I missed anyone I needed to respond to folks just let me know. Not sure if I jumped the gun with the pilot fish monster but I can change stuff if need be.

If anyone wants/needs to hammer out some details I'm around for a few more hours before I need to sleep to PM it or whatever you prefer. Just didn't want that post to get to a ridiculous size.

@General Deth Glitch Looking over things, sorry if I skipped over your leader wanting to make contact a bit back there, I just figured that things had moved on quite far since that point. If you still want to have them meet for the first time we could do Orm and Maeder meeting back at port as a flashback or have them interact during the voyage at some point.

naw, we can leave it, I dont mind, I have been so busy anyway and have A LOT to catch up on though I fear the elves may have made an ally of you now

I stated that I waited for Orm to be alone before I spoke to him, focusing on fixing the mast until he was.....

1. You said 'left alone'

2. You effectively put in a post cutting mine off before he could actually respond to where I had got to with it

Also, keep insulting my elves like this and I'll burn anything you build to the ground lol

I was under the assumption that Orm would be dealing with his own people considering the injuries and damge done to his ship. I wasn't cutting you off at all >_>

How do you burn stone? I mean I can burn your wooden shacks fine... :P Also your not the one with the fire gem... and I got a ballista.. apparently

Meh, I don't need fire or a ballista to slaughter every man, woman, and child in their sleep.

If you could edit your post now that I've explained myself I would appreciate that. And I guess it'll just be your starving criminals against my highly trained archers/warriors, should be fun lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back