• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

A typical Attolian noblesse response: One does not appear "noble". Nobility is born and raised. It is a fabric of moral being, not a painted facade. What you call appearing noble is naught, but an act.

Beckoncall Beckoncall Since my main group has arrived can I assume Jonklav and Shaklay found the port and have them meet up with the main group while the wait for the other thee to return or will their little escapade go on separately for now??

Either way, the mission is not over just yet :3

Also, hope my post was enjoyable! Haven't really written anything substantial in a while!

A typical Attolian noblesse response: One does not appear "noble". Nobility is born and raised. It is a fabric of moral being, not a painted facade. What you call appearing noble is naught, but an act.
Morality does not equal wealth and power. If this were so then the common monk would be the kings of this land. Rather it is the absence of morality, a code that merely hinders rather than helps, that equates true power and gain.

Nobility is not morality. If so, all Kings would be Saints. Besides the comment was on the subject of "appearance of Nobility/nobleness".

Nobility is not morality. If so, all Kings would be Saints. Besides the comment was on the subject of "appearance of Nobility/nobleness".
Oh well, appearances are all others can truly see. No one can hear the thoughts inside you head. If you appear as a common thief, but house the noblest of intentions inside you head society will treat you not based on those thoughts, but on your appearance But if you appear noble but think like a criminal, society will view you as you seem, not as you are.

Slavery does not exist in the Kingdom of Attolia. While criminals and debtees may temporarily become indentured servants to pay off their financial and social debts, no man is the property of another.

Perhaps appearances are all that people can see, but acting differently from what one truly believes? A man cannot appear to be happy forever, and when the man loses his smile. All will know that the smile is but a ruse. A person whose externality and internal thoughts are in stark conflict is not a whole person. Nay, such a person is one who is not whole, but many pieces. Not unlike a schizophrenic.

Edit: My philosophy is starting to leak... but woo! Body without organs.

Slavery does not exist in the Kingdom of Attolia. While criminals and debtees may temporarily become indentured servants to pay off their financial and social debts, no man is the property of another.

Perhaps appearances are all that people can see, but acting differently from what one truly believes? A man cannot appear to be happy forever, and when the man loses his smile. All will know that the smile is but a ruse. A person whose externality and internal thoughts are in stark conflict is not a whole person. Nay, such a person is one who is not whole, but many pieces. Not unlike a schizophrenic.

Edit: My philosophy is starting to leak... but woo! Body without organs.
Slavery in forms does exist among the Finecians. Slavery/Indentured servitude was often used to pay off debts on e may owe Depending on the debt they could be indentured for a short few weeks or an entire lifetime. Criminals are commonly hired out as a cheap labor force as well.

What a whimsical notion my friend! All put on a mask which they show to the world, hiding away the darker parts of themselves. None are pure, no one is really whom they like to make themselves out to be; or who they really believe they truly are. It is our nature, the conflict between who we are and who we ought to be, or how we act. Embrace it!

Such a cynic! While many of us struggle with such a notion, I believe that there are those who have obtained such self actualization. We know these people to be the most influential figures in history. Those who do what they say they will do. Many conquerors in history are prime examples. For example, the Great Khan who was known for giving a simple, yet effective ultimatum, surrender or die. Then there's the great Anton Artoe. The playwright who made numerous illustrious plays, and promised the best play that anyone would ever see in their life. Which proved to be true as the ticket warned that one member of the audience would be killed in the play. You should have seen the audience that night who raved about the play.

Cynic? If seeing the world and people as it truly is denotes cynicism, then guilty as charged! Those great leaders are merely those who put on the greatest show, the most convincing mask, their outward appearance so out of tune with whom they really are no one knows the difference.

Beckoncall Beckoncall Since my main group has arrived can I assume Jonklav and Shaklay found the port and have them meet up with the main group while the wait for the other thee to return or will their little escapade go on separately for now??

Either way, the mission is not over just yet :3

Also, hope my post was enjoyable! Haven't really written anything substantial in a while!

Like it?! I am sure I am not alone in saying it is a most worthy contribution and a new flavor in the mix. As to link-ups and capers, now your faction has landed all the agency and choice is yours -- though the Reuben ship has been hacked up systematically and all the Reinen stuff is now on the river-- activity you couldn't really make out from your position. :)

Like it?! I am sure I am not alone in saying it is a most worthy contribution and a new flavor in the mix. As to link-ups and capers, now your faction has landed all the agency and choice is yours -- though the Reuben ship has been hacked up systematically and all the Reinen stuff is now on the river-- activity you couldn't really make out from your position. :)
Glad you enjoyed it!

Ok so the Finnecians will have to find where the Reinen have gone to as they will be quite confused to find the ship is missing.

Huazzah! All my posts are done. I now await responses.

Excuse my speedy responses; nothing to do today and I tend to respond asap x3

I'll bookmark this when I am not on mobile-- I have hung around discord to make myself available, but camping there would literally be great when I am "in office" in case people want to talk in real time!

Whatever happened to Leusis Leusis btw? I remember rping with him once or twice and I see that he was in this, at least in season 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back