• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Update:

I just placed processed NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary 's selection of place to settle, and am now reviewing General deth glitch's faction status page.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon has sent a message to all old players about the treasure so far gathered -- though it might make sense to at least allow it to be seen by the new players in case they have insight or resources to divine uses for them. Even if not shared info -- old players should be thinking about that ol' loot that's been languishing unclaimed, or at least found a museum guild or some damn thing! :D

My next task is placing the St. Victorians where they chose to build their lighthouse.

If players have orders they do not think I processed because I missed it, it's likely because I believe it might be something navigated between players (Ie, Tyren offer of training -- Elendithas Elendithas and SpiralErrant SpiralErrant should have spoken about that by now, if they haven't already. Aymarans are fiercely independent, but if the Tyren can teach them how to herd their own people, it might be worth TRYING to listen. :D

Stuff like that.

My plan after that is to onramp Glitch and Bob in the next day or two. and hopefully fully update the map (which encompasses a larger area by scale) in INKARNATE -- this will include the recent seasonal constructions and some of the plot seeds... especially new ones like "Giant's Quarry" -- "Runner's Lake", and some of the new resources and buildings.

Hope everyone is enjoying the games reboot so far -- any constructive criticism or questions are fully welcome. I am a true GM, and in that capacity want to give you what you want in a story, even if the story ends with mortifying tragedy... so if you know of ways to help me help you... SHARE! <3

-Beck

Hey Beck, two things that I just wanted to bring up. I posted replies and wanted to know if they are supposed to be processed. They were the subsidy program and Cassandra joining the Mages guild with Bloodscourge.

Joining the mages with Bloodscourge was one of the things that saved the wood elves and changed them into "TyrenBorn" -- I will update the status of the Mage guild -- because there is presently Your, Highborn, Tyren, participation -- it's little things like this that make the game MUCH easier to run, with you keeping me honest on these things.

and YES, deduct the wealth for subsidy, I'm already making it a part of what the new factions are introduced to, and will have an effect on the market over time.

Map.jpg TO ALL:

The above is the slowly evolving prototype map for season 2.. it is NOT finished, but will give you an idea of how it will evolve... I'm still working on it. But check it out for now!

Image might not be working... if so... I'll come up with another way

I lowkey have 5 thieves/spies stuck in the new world without my faction to help them and they have zero clue where they are. lol

Itll be interesting to see if any faction (excluding the apparent crime family finds them and what will play out if they do.

Oh that reminds me I need to write a plan for you beck! Ill get to work on that and have a post done by tomorrow!!!

Update:

Today I'm updating the map (as I've talked about) but also put all colony guild information AT THE TOP of the faction status thread.
This will have me updating the details of the Luxury guild and The mages guild, and I may reassess dominant factions for guilds/colony.

IF YOU ARE A SEASON ONE PLAYER: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCURATE TALLIES OF YOUR INFLUENCE (and wealth, but less immanently important) -- ways to spend influence are going to become a thing. Influence on Factions sheets should be two numbers, (X/X) --

The first number is your total earned influence, the second number is how much is free to spend.

Example: Attolia has TWENTY!? Influence -- and have spent none. 20/20 is their influence. If they spend 4 points on propaganda they would have 20/16... indicating how influential their faction is, and how much influence they have left to throw around.

Feel Free to PM me if you have ideas on how you can use influence to effect the success of orders. :D

k Beck, writing my response now. Didn't like the beginning I had last night so I rewrote it :P

NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary : Updated on your post just to give you something to muse on -- upon reflection it would be totally "Hansel and Gretel" if the two people you sent skipping into the woods got eaten by witches? <3

-Beck

k Beck, writing my response now. Didn't like the beginning I had last night so I rewrote it :P

Let me know so I can look at it! I wasn't sure I liked the "back and forth" transcript so was probably going to edit that when I had the time... but hey, with getting you and and glitch into the game, who has any of that!?

Let me know so I can look at it! I wasn't sure I liked the "back and forth" transcript so was probably going to edit that when I had the time... but hey, with getting you and and glitch into the game, who has any of that!?
I didnt either, but putting it into typical story format would have taken a lot of time. Took a bit just to copy it! I will rewrite it after my response to you

I didnt either, but putting it into typical story format would have taken a lot of time. Took a bit just to copy it! I will rewrite it after my response to you

You will or I will. Don't sweat it if it gets in the way of you jumping in when I announce your faction's arrival.

If you think for one moment the Finnecians arent purchasing some "Indentured servants" you are sadly mistaken.

If you think for one moment the Finnecians arent purchasing some "Indentured servants" you are sadly mistaken.
I can think of no better way to make friends with the locals than undercutting them on things they want, or letting know from the gate how enthused you are about forced labor. :D

I can think of no better way to make friends with the locals than undercutting them on things they want, or letting know from the gate how enthused you are about forced labor. :D
Oh no no friend, you have it all wrong! We are SAVING these poor down trodden folk. Slavery is one of the few things in this world I simply cannot stomach. We will merely be asking these fine peoples to work off their debt to us while they get back on their feet. Slavery takes a toll on a person does it not? We can't simply rescue them and then shove them away to their own devices! They may end up back where they started or worse. We are doing but the proper thing I assure you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back