• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Ah, havent seen them post yet.

There are suppose to be 2 more incoming factions, making 5 new.

FIVE NEWBIES?! Who are all the newbies?!

Standoo, Bob, Tori, -- and Glitch is returning. Sevrynd has respectfully bowed out and will not be joining us -- his faction was deemed too dangerous and was Murdered Wholesale by Muurdaan Exicant Special forces, at a surprising cost... but nobody would know that unless they possibly had the eyes and ears of a massive crime network. Since I don't know any players like that... nobody needs to roll dice about profiting from that information. Pity. <3

Also Glitch is NOT a newbie -- he's returning. Tough he had to bail before (and god knows may bail again, poor soul) his hand is already imprinted well in the clay of the game.

coming back to cause trouble it seems.

we have a lot of factions. How long till a civil war? lol

Most respectfully Spacekitty Spacekitty , I am looking forward to great and interesting story and/or community developments before anybody gets too excited about kicking over the sandcastle with a civil war... but what happens happens. Player Agency is a train I find almost criminal to derail. If a civil war happened, I hope it would be evidence of growing pains and not something that broke the fledgling colony's back.

With so many players I'll see how well I keep up with everything and may throttle "orders" (not necessarily turns) to something more fair in line with the median posting habit... so nobody falls behind the enthusiasm of others.

So glad you're enthused, Spacekitty Spacekitty -- how is the migration of faction information into the status thread going?

Most respectfully Spacekitty Spacekitty , I am looking forward to great and interesting story and/or community developments before anybody gets too excited about kicking over the sandcastle with a civil war... but what happens happens. Player Agency is a train I find almost criminal to derail. If a civil war happened, I hope it would be evidence of growing pains and not something that broke the fledgling colony's back.

With so many players I'll see how well I keep up with everything and may throttle "orders" (not necessarily turns) to something more fair in line with the median posting habit... so nobody falls behind the enthusiasm of others.

So glad you're enthused, Spacekitty Spacekitty -- how is the migration of faction information into the status thread going?
Well of course. I have enough down as is

And to think I thought the Corvus mad when they suggested using minotaurs as cavalry! XD

The idea may remain equally undesirable -- it's your option... the elves view it more as partners in a "dance" -- but if the Tyren think it's being ridden, they'd naturally hate that. Oh gosh... I guess you'll have to give up a potential advantage or negotiate your perceptions of your culture. What is this? A quality RP with meaningful decisions to make? God Forbid! <3

-Beck

Will be very active today with the thread -- Intend to process initial orders of Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo and @Tori_98 next as they are new and need to get "STUCK IN" and deserve some post-love after the great leap forward for the old-guard... and yeah, they need to find places to settle!

Spent some time editing Spacekitty Spacekitty 's considerable dossier... and will have to get back to that too. :D

I'm around. to chat or PM.

-Beck <3

I'll have none of it in my house! lol I think it would depend on how people went about it, like strapping them to a chariot would feel demeaning but the mental image of an elf actually sitting on their shoulder is adorable. I can see the the real training problem being getting the warriors to take it more seriously like when they tried using their pants as a catapult... at which point Bruul would probably step in to remind them that THE PANTS WORKED!

Best case senario: It becomes a regular thing and they get to meet classical pirates with parrots on their shoulders. "Pssh, you think a talking bird is cool? My elf buddy, Nick, speaks three languages and knows archery."

Will be very active today with the thread -- Intend to process initial orders of Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo and @Tori_98 next as they are new and need to get "STUCK IN" and deserve some post-love after the great leap forward for the old-guard... and yeah, they need to find places to settle!

Spent some time editing Spacekitty Spacekitty 's considerable dossier... and will have to get back to that too. :D

I'm around. to chat or PM.

-Beck <3
Aha thanks for the edits! I've been busy relaxing on my spring break so I just copy and pasted my initial thoughts from our discussion. I'll go in and return everything, add some flavor.

Also that feel when you are bored at work and create an entire new faction in your head that's low-key cooler than your current one

Such is the imagination isn't it

Ok I finished my faction info sheet :)

Hopefully m summary is short enough lol. Theres a bit of info there as im long winded :P

@Tori_98 's remaining orders (like best ideas of where to settle) are up next, then any dangling orders from any factions since the jump forward. After that I am on-ramping two new players, the Fox Folk of Spacekitty Spacekitty and the Dwarves of General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch . Just keeping y'all posted.

If anybody has any music for me to keep in mind when writing about their faction, do recommend anything general to specific -- It may help my flow or keep my vision in line with yours.

Keep you looped in! <3

-Beck

@Tori_98 's remaining orders (like best ideas of where to settle) are up next, then any dangling orders from any factions since the jump forward. After that I am on-ramping two new players, the Fox Folk of Spacekitty Spacekitty and the Dwarves of General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch . Just keeping y'all posted.

If anybody has any music for me to keep in mind when writing about their faction, do recommend anything general to specific -- It may help my flow or keep my vision in line with yours.

Keep you looped in! <3

-Beck
Thats my que to go find some

I have this song in mind when I think of traditional Attolian ballads/folksong.

http://alive.in.th/watch_video.php?play_list=667
(Slow link)

Pretty fitting in tone, and lyric composition. The lyrics roughly translate to:

Here shall I prove your name
Look, that is the light that will become life

Oh music of Paul that weaves time
Eternally tell the story

Little ones that shine down in the darkness
Again follow him, and me as well

Extol the light of life with prayers
Until the day to come, let it be with you
let it be with you

Here's a piece I had in mind that's a bit more formal and would be found in a concert hall in Attolia/performance in a formal setting. The lyrics are latin, but... the latin isn't exactly perfect, so the translation isn't that great either:

https://cnnct.soundcloud.com/blackcat009/cras-numquam-scire

Lyrics:

Lune oqui cr pos tatumn.
Homu aude cr dis Soenan.
Cure Tint le vid siesta.
Mimo scap ler nox grad.

The moon speaks faintly
in a voice audible to no one.
The repeating rising and falling of the tides
are the scene of the moon's vanishing memory.

Astr scrib cr pos arcan.
Homu scire cr dis Abesn.
Infor Sintac le tabu vern.
Gigan Leinau le nascour.

The stars record arcanely
in a script decipherable to no one.
From the swirls of infinite words,
billions of books are born.

Cae lie imam plati nor main.
Tempo le imam celer or mint.
Nihil dis scio Igo rina nis.
Colle Sintac mi
Sina cader plutien.

To me, the sky is too vast,
and time is too swift.
Without knowing anything,
I'm gathering words in vain,
which only end up rotting in the earth.

Igo clama re nihil minus.
Dis sciren ex Soenan.
Conti affir mia Celest.
Nova Sol ie rad four.

Yet still, I will clamor.
Not even knowing why, I raise my voice.
May my echo continue up into the celestial space.
Then, a new sun will eventually rise as well.

Last edited:
I feel like I see fire by Ed Sheeran would be good inspiration for my faction and similar to their story

Not quite got the feel I want but only song I can think of (And be able to find music for) would be Misty Mountain and.. that does not have the same emotion as the other song, since its about a bright future when they dont really feel that right now (In my opinion)
Also the song 'The Last goodbye' also conveys good emotions

Yes.. it seems all of my music does seem to be themed around The Hobbit... I guess that's just where my minds at right now XD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back