• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Let me know when you want to try to pull off the chat/interrogation whatever relating to the handoff and handling of the gnoll prisoners, it will be a foreshadowing to the genuine return of the game!

also thinking about the romance aspect relating to your chief and his admirer/object of affection (Weome?) but more on that later. Perhaps something to bring a little warmth to the winter season?

Got a kickoff event for attolians, too... but it's sticky. Just prepare mentally for a "sit down" with "the twiceborn"...

also, is the reptile player coming back in April do we think? Has anybody heard? 

Hmm, looks like it's about time I started to reread the IC. Also, if I have forgotten anything, then I apologize. I got a pretty bad concussion in December from a car accident and my memory isn't quite the same. 

Let me know when you want to try to pull off the chat/interrogation whatever relating to the handoff and handling of the gnoll prisoners, it will be a foreshadowing to the genuine return of the game!

also thinking about the romance aspect relating to your chief and his admirer/object of affection (Weome?) but more on that later. Perhaps something to bring a little warmth to the winter season?

I am having very mixed luck with regards to getting notifications for posts here! But I'll be free to start up the collab in earnest tomorrow if you're available. Doing my rereading and Orm's admirer is Anuc but yeah adding some warmth to the grimness sounds nice. Also depending on how many people come back I may have someone interested in joining up if we need to make up numbers.

Unless somebody saintly volunteers to do it for me, I will formally re-invite all old players back to play to see who if anyone we can add in replacements-- I know our ratkin player is good by to be periodically at sea but we are discussing options for parameters or delegating of actions based on criteria. I know the elf player personally and communicate regularly so even if they do not formally return they can guide their faction and I can relate their agency.

-—--------------

also, is the reptile player coming back in April do we think? Has anybody heard? 

The best help that can be offered is to approach previous players and ask them to contact me about coming back or at least express intent/desire.

also I am pretty sure I did accounting of wealth and influence by faction, but I might ask players to check my work by adding up their faction wealth/influence/population/resources. -- but that can wait for now.

Sorry about the concussion-- my best hopes for fast full recovery. Interesting to note life imitating art in that your character also had a propensity to crash into things, get flung about, and sustain concussive force. XD

FOR THOSE INTERESTED, the first post since the break has been put up in the thread -- Concerning the handling of Gnoll prisoners by the Tyren.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon :

Messaged you about research options. Please note you have also put no labor into making constructs (golems) which your artificer can do. Tears of divinity likewise can enhance these efforts.

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch : (and everyone else, really, if they can help)

It seems that either RPNation is not done migrating all images or the map for "THE APPROACH" is removed (temporarily or permanently) from the thread.

What would help me is if Deth can tell me the name of the program he recommended for me to make that map (hopefully so I can learn the file extension to find the saved map and re-upload it) or find some other way of getting the map up quickly...

It's an important visual aid and may help garner new players!

-Beck

SpiralErrant SpiralErrant Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion Elendithas Elendithas KamiKahzy KamiKahzy :

First and foremost, I'd like to introduce the most likely prospective players as the game reboots:

Severynd Severynd , NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary , and Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo -- who while they are still fleshing out their faction concepts, can introduce themselves and be welcomed to SEASON 2 of "Flight from Muurdaan: Lost Continent"

When they are done with their faction applications they can post them in the faction statistics thread (where you list information about your faction, characters, and how you spent your manpower) -- this is also a handy place to keep updated so you know how much wealth/influence your faction has, and number of people gained/lost -- like a character sheet!

I've presently been driving myself crazy trying to find a copy of the old map -- so that I can update it, and so the new players can get a look at the world we've explored so far. If anybody saved the image or knows anything about campaign cartographer (which would help me find the image extension) that would help a lot.

FOR CURRENT COLONISTS (already in the new world):

The "Reboot" is taking place FOUR MONTHS after the end of the fall, where the last events took place. I'll write a synopsis of stuff that happened in the leap forward, but each faction should tell me what they are doing with their time, whether it be getting their own specific projects done, or cooperating and working together to build communal structures/housing/facilities for the colony.

ONCE ALL NEW PLAYERS ARE READY TO EMBARK AND ALL CURRENT PLAYERS HAVE STATED WHAT PROJECTS THEY SEEK TO ADVANCE DURING THE "Downtime" THE GAME WILL FULLY RESUME IN EARNEST.

I gave it thought and ALL NEW FACTIONS will be arriving in the fall, the season being used to prepare for and make the voyage to the new world and to cross the barrier. There may or may not be event(s) at sea for the new colonists, but likely high summer winds will bring them swiftly to their destination unimpeded.

There is a lot of RP going on behind the scenes with new and old players, so I hope when all is set some of these terrific ideas (and Roleplaying) can be cut and pasted into the main story thread and catapult us forward.

Game on, friends! GAME ON! <3

-Beck

Inkarnate? Or Paintdotnet?
I suggest lots of things
ALSO....
Can you refresh my memory since I believe my faction does not exist in a usable state and... so... how would you like me to proceed?

Starting to get super excited, guys.

It may seem like we've got a lot on our plate, but bear in mind General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch doesn't have a faction to on ramp yet (just the crumbs of his last one) and KamiKahzy KamiKahzy may not be an active participant until he comes back from sea. (coast guard)

Once everyone is rolling we'll know at what pace everyone can go at and see just how much fun we can have at this. I'm Pysched!

Again, I encourage SpiralErrant SpiralErrant , Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion , Elendithas Elendithas to state how their factions will be spending the summer time.

I'm spending the next couple of hours trying to mock up a new map in INKARNATE, but will be around to answer PMs and even chat with folk who have sophisticated questions. I will then give some through to personalities of specials in the new factions and that might involve some PMs for choices of skills, traits, professions, whatever.

Bear in mind NO PLAYER has gotten exactly what they asked for. you're normally given a shotgun-blast of options, and you pick from that and hope you get some of what you want. Arcane/Clerical magic users are revealed at that time, if any -- or if the race is by nature magical, which ones have particular skills. <3

-Beck

Last edited:
UPDATE: I am about half done with the map as it was in season one, I hope to update it with new structures and progress from the summer jump.
I will share the map when the new colonists arrive!

Update: Got PMed a workable summer plan for the High elves -- If I can get SpiralErrant SpiralErrant to give me his plan we can really get cooking.

Resourceful or Scheming players will try to get Aymaran labor help from Elendithas Elendithas because Aymarans are basically walking dump-trucks.

That is all. I will continue to flesh out map and contact Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo , NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary , and Severynd Severynd about their secondary characters!

I'm hoping Elendithas Elendithas can chime in his summer actions, but if I get everything else done I'll move ahead and like Kami, we'll play it that what they did took place mostly underground. Getting twitchy... hope to have personalities for new factions fleshed out (still not sure if I have 2 or 3 new players out of development)

But the new blood, if they enjoy the game, should make this a bloody treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back