• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

HAHAHHAH. alright, I'll review all recent PMs this weekend and start to post again after Sunday unless I get time earlier. @Heyitsjiwon -- These things are hot and cold... just glad you have a temperature thresh-hold that might be within tolerances. <3

--Beck

Aaand back to follow!

So if we're carrying on with this same group, Kam, would you like to handle the gnoll prisoner issue together since you're back?

What's a "soft reboot"? 

I did fall off, I'll admit but when I look at the main thread there is a HUGE amount of material I put down and very little response. I don't know why the game stalled, but I'm sorry for letting anybody down. 

If there's interest we can see about maybe having a reboot with a jump forward like some people suggested, where old folks could come back, or new folks could be subbed in. If there isn't enough interest or faith in the game continuing, I'll ask around if there is a way to archive it for later reboot. 

In any case -- I really wanted to get to the next part of the story, but even if it doesn't continue -- Here is a video of the Dream of the Ratkin Shaman -- the dream of a Huge Tyren Lord, Bearing a flag of freedom through a bitter winter -- with a promise that the ratkin might be born again free. Full of symbolism -- if this is the last post in the story, the ratkin prophesy might give a strange sort of closure... That a beast (and four dirty paws) just might be the key to a puzzle that would unravel the Cull...

What's a "soft reboot"? 

I did fall off, I'll admit but when I look at the main thread there is a HUGE amount of material I put down and very little response. I don't know why the game stalled, but I'm sorry for letting anybody down. 

If there's interest we can see about maybe having a reboot with a jump forward like some people suggested, where old folks could come back, or new folks could be subbed in. If there isn't enough interest or faith in the game continuing, I'll ask around if there is a way to archive it for later reboot. 

In any case -- I really wanted to get to the next part of the story, but even if it doesn't continue -- Here is a video of the Dream of the Ratkin Shaman -- the dream of a Huge Tyren Lord, Bearing a flag of freedom through a bitter winter -- with a promise that the ratkin might be born again free. Full of symbolism -- if this is the last post in the story, the ratkin prophesy might give a strange sort of closure... That a beast (and four dirty paws) just might be the key to a puzzle that would unravel the Cull...

Hello. how did my people fare in the end? Also SUPER FAKIN' INTERESTED. I wont fail you this time. 

I'm noting your interest... and I'll tell you how your people fared, best I can. 

With the departure of their leader Maeder -- which while never officially understood, was put forward PR-wise as his going on a pilgrimage into the interior of the continent to seek some artifact of Dracos, or some whispered perhaps possibly the avatar of the dragon goddess herself. The Barbarian Baez kept the faith of Dracos strong in the faction, but faith alone could not keep it intact forever. 

The faith survived -- and propagated in the colony. Conditions were drawn, and the more cultured of the faction accepted invitation to become Attolian citizens, while the convict element formed a closer relationship to the 'Platz itself, hiring themselves out as labor in the service of other factions, and as an ad-hoc defense force for one of the center-points of the colony. The conditions of the decentralization of "The Outcast" faction was the construction of a temple to Dracos -- Likely to be adorned with a great ruby symbolic of the fire and beauty of the goddess... the first institution of religion in the new colony. Second to that, Maeder's people insisted that before they could move on, a symbolic funeral for Maeder would need to be held -- a special longship was built, and burned at sea in accordance with custom.*

With their lord honored and the faith's future secured, The aforementioned manpower found it's home with other factions. Strangest perhaps, the Elite countrymen of Maeder's forces sought refuge with the high elves... sharing an interest in asymmetrical warfare... and perhaps a future where the foes of Dracos, in the new world  or from the old, would be paid back in blood.

There's a lot more detail in the story, but that's the gist. The convicts while mostly autonomous were valuable support of the attolian forces in the first battle of Mud-elf aggression... and the general populace advanced their station with Attolian citizenship. In the end, their future seemed bright -- though they paid some of the harshest costs for the colony...

...Highest of note, they held onto their faith -- and sought not just to propagate the dragon faith in their own numbers, but dreamed of the faith being a cornerstone of culture as the settlement might grow.

"Praises to Dracos, warmer of the hearth, fire in the night and star in sky, who's breath is in the torch of every believer -- lighting the way into the dark of the forgotten lands."

*I have imagry relating to this, but I won't post it in the thread because it didn't occur yet in thread. PM me and I'll send a link. ;)

I'm noting your interest... and I'll tell you how your people fared, best I can. 

With the departure of their leader Maeder -- which while never officially understood, was put forward PR-wise as his going on a pilgrimage into the interior of the continent to seek some artifact of Dracos, or some whispered perhaps possibly the avatar of the dragon goddess herself. The Barbarian Baez kept the faith of Dracos strong in the faction, but faith alone could not keep it intact forever. 

The faith survived -- and propagated in the colony. Conditions were drawn, and the more cultured of the faction accepted invitation to become Attolian citizens, while the convict element formed a closer relationship to the 'Platz itself, hiring themselves out as labor in the service of other factions, and as an ad-hoc defense force for one of the center-points of the colony. The conditions of the decentralization of "The Outcast" faction was the construction of a temple to Dracos -- Likely to be adorned with a great ruby symbolic of the fire and beauty of the goddess... the first institution of religion in the new colony. Second to that, Maeder's people insisted that before they could move on, a symbolic funeral for Maeder would need to be held -- a special longship was built, and burned at sea in accordance with custom.*

With their lord honored and the faith's future secured, The aforementioned manpower found it's home with other factions. Strangest perhaps, the Elite countrymen of Maeder's forces sought refuge with the high elves... sharing an interest in asymmetrical warfare... and perhaps a future where the foes of Dracos, in the new world  or from the old, would be paid back in blood.

There's a lot more detail in the story, but that's the gist. The convicts while mostly autonomous were valuable support of the attolian forces in the first battle of Mud-elf aggression... and the general populace advanced their station with Attolian citizenship. In the end, their future seemed bright -- though they paid some of the harshest costs for the colony...

...Highest of note, they held onto their faith -- and sought not just to propagate the dragon faith in their own numbers, but dreamed of the faith being a cornerstone of culture as the settlement might grow.

"Praises to Dracos, warmer of the hearth, fire in the night and star in sky, who's breath is in the torch of every believer -- lighting the way into the dark of the forgotten lands."

*I have imagry relating to this, but I won't post it in the thread because it didn't occur yet in thread. PM me and I'll send a link. ;)

Wow.. that makes me UBER happy

Holy. The gods have answered my prayers. I've been lurking this forum and checking occasionally to see if this would come back. I would be more than willing to partake and help with a reboot.

I would be interested in a reboot as would my brother im sure. I meant to form a second faction after I had left, however I never really received any message back about my idea.

If it will be a reboot however, I definitely have something planned.

I'll take a peek at this after the new year... traveling a lot but it's good to see "the core" interested. I think the reboot would be a flash forward, maybe kicking up again in the spring of the next year, or the late winter... taking into account how the factions were heading the colony would be developed along desired or specified lines, and maybe I'd at the start (or quickly) introduce the idea of immigrants-- influence gained from the first seasons would have an impact on priority or amount of manpower gained, and whether immigrants were different or similar to associated factions could make things more interesting. Also the idea of a bigger colony -- becoming a town, could bring new ideas of scale, and of course... the time of "the cull" will be drawing nigh.

we'll see.

I took a peek at discord but didn't see anything partaining to our game. Let me know if it is or can be used as such.

If it worked it could get lots of cool consensus/debate and quests evolved quicker. I don't dount, I merely wait to see if this beats fruit.

Me too! I've been doing some stuff behind the scenes and if we don't mind starting mostly updating on weekends I can begin before April, after April 1st, my schedule will get much less busy.

If there weren't time sensitive events I thought it might be cool to jump WELL forward to a higher stage of the colony, but maybe that's in the cards after we get moving.

The current Chapter's primary plot is finding out what can be about the lost continent and it's inhabitants, and the more immediate threat of the cull. 

I'm glad you're still interested. even if we only get a few of the old guard the game will rock as hard as it ever did.

Probably randomly assign loot in the future though, and let people trade if they want... in fact, that sounds much better as it's a great way to leverage cooperation even in the face of racial tensions. XD

@Beckoncall Speaking of the time sensitive stuff I'd be up for a collab of the gnoll prisoner situation whenever you're free. I think that might be an easier way of doing it rather than the usual play by post deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back