• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

Man, I thought this was in a comatose, but it's back! Anyways, will send a PM ASAP with Attolian stuff. My sympathies go to you and your SSD... I could only imagine the nightmare if everything I had got wiped. Still glad to see that you're back!

Sorry about the break.. I said going in that forum rp was relatively new to me, and I was mystified about how good Rps die or people fall off. Now I understand. Life gets in the way and people either get de invested or are afraid to try and pick up.

Kami is gone for the next month but left good parameters to autopilot his faction. Going to have plenty of time to post today because after this dental visit I won't be eating or talking for hours.

Stay tuned, and thank you for your faith and patience.

Alright -- first course of action was to re-invite @Leusis to the game, sent him a couple of faction ideas and options to create his own. Just letting you know I have a big breakfast in front of me -- THRILLED I got some PMs to help me out, and like Sisyphus I am already raring to roll that boulder.

I'll make sure Mr. Leusis replies in a timely manner.

crack-neck.gif

@Elendithas : Either due to your effective influence, or synchronicity of catching him, he has already responded and respectfully declined, which I suppose is for the best. If anybody knows somebody else in the forum who you think this game is a great fit for, ask them to look into it... I might still take on another player to take his place, especially with Kami gone for a few weeks. I may also post an invitation to new players... I think it might be interesting if we had a woman roleplayer (or anything else demographically broadening to just us fellas) to see if it can make the pot richer. But in the end, it's good players that will have the best time that make the best additions, regardless of who or what they are.

Market post is dropping shortly after this -- I wanted to post it already but the site went down for 40 mins of maintenance.

Posted information about recording/spending INFLUENCE in the mechanics section. Before we begin the next phase of the game -- everyone I hope will update their faction pages population, wealth, influence, and whatever to accurate levels before we begin summer play. This is as simple (though maybe a drag) as accounting for where you gained wealth and influence over the history of posts. Keeping it up to date on the overview will be easier in the long run!

Just like you wouldn't play fast and loose with a characters hitpoints, try to make sure you've got your wealth and influence points down correctly. In a nation building game they might as well be the same thing.

Influence could be real handy when diplomatic talks happen with the gnolls. Anyways, quick comment. I was going to update my faction's sheet, but then I realized that you changed the units of opium from 4 to 2 because of the battle. But, I thought that there was 4 units left after the battle since this was posted after the results of the battle.

"OPIUM POPPY IS NO LONGER A RESOURCE FOR THE COLONY – however, in addition a modicum of opium being in the general economy (healers, private citizenry) the attolians are in possession of 4 units of it still for local or foreign trade (if held or traded to visitors it will generate wealth, or can be allocated elsewhere – a unit was presumed used after the battle of the ‘platz)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyitsjiwon said:
Influence could be real handy when diplomatic talks happen with the gnolls. Anyways, quick comment. I was going to update my faction's sheet, but then I realized that you changed the units of opium from 4 to 2 because of the battle. But, I thought that there was 4 units left after the battle since this was posted after the results of the battle.
"OPIUM POPPY IS NO LONGER A RESOURCE FOR THE COLONY – however, in addition a modicum of opium being in the general economy (healers, private citizenry) the attolians are in possession of 4 units of it still for local or foreign trade (if held or traded to visitors it will generate wealth, or can be allocated elsewhere – a unit was presumed used after the battle of the ‘platz)"
Then you'd be right. Thanks for the correction.

Btw... I am not sure if I posted or not the influence gains for participation in the battle -- Gains for Aymarans, Highborn, and Attolians specifically.

Let me know. It's so fuzzy knowing what I had as notes about to post and what got lost in my data-wipe...

So... hopefully you guys can tell by now I'm back on process and events are unfolding. My next step will be to check your PMs for standing orders to process them, as well as tie up some of my own loose ends so that the game can TRULY ADVANCE IN EARNEST!

I remain available for communication as desired.

Holy mother of. Is this Christmas? What a pleasant thing to wake up to. I don't believe that we did get influence for the battle unless I missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll double check. I just don't want to give 2 different values because it will make a mess.

updated influence in main thread, going to add music links to the ghost caravan to add atmosphere, if not subtext... then hit the PM backorders...

not in the full swing of @tagging everyone yet, at least not yesterday, so make sure you read the "comeback posts" even if I didn't tag you. Aymaran involvement is low (because they didn't get in on trade) but I still remember thinking of them and mentioning them more than once.

Also, until otherwise stated, the loot is all going to be hoarded in a supply hutch in the depression. No distinct claims have been made on anything -- but like the Highborn and the Gonchong crown, players may examine or try to take stuff. When an Item is taken into possession and kept, not the *(number) which is the perceived value of the treasure. I'll take account now and then... but that is how PERCEPTION of fairness (regardless of actual value) will be received by the populace. If two factions want an item, it may likely go to the faction that has taken the least from the collective treasure. Barring that, the players can get together and divvy up the spoils, but I appreciate that may be complicated.

Okay, so if I didn't say before the Caravan of the dead was processed, and I've caught up with @Elendithas by relating the (long enough) and strange conundrum of the Aymaran Scholar... I will look to other PMs and continue process. I hope you'll all stay tuned.

You're mowing through this stuff pretty effectively. I'll start work on Goq-quet's reaction to the wonders of the vault and attempt at escape along with my own decisions of what to work on as long term goals now that the Aymaran have pretty effectively set up and there aren't a number of conflicts to keep them preoccupied.

Great to be back!

In terms of pulling wealth from the Market. The Highborn withdraw one wealth for their personal wealth and request a second wealth towards the sea wall in the Harbor. This would be beneficial in protecting our port in the case of bad weather.

That's very modest, but I'll put you in for pulling TWO wealth. If you want to get into requests and allowances work it out in the Google doc or among yourselves. I'll throw some dice about it when I process your back orders, soon. Didn't get to post this weekend because of best man wedding blues. Those who have been there know what I mean.

Hmm, I'm going to go ahead and ask for 3 wealth points. 1 for use to help constructing the road. 1 for a future planned project to build defenses to the east of the platz (Watchtowers, maybe a palisade or something like that), and 1 to begin the restoration of the root cellars and to begin stockpiling food for winter.

(Picks up defibrillator Paddles) -- Ebbs and flows happen with Forum RPGs, so I'm checking to see if any or all current players are still interested in continuing the game. Didn't seem to be a lot of out-facing posting after my most recent "Longdead Caravan" and the Mini-Dungeon event for the Aymaran, Prisoners for the Tyren... (though there were some PMs) I guess these things happen and I place no bigger blame than on myself for the break in action because there was a lot to tie up, but my energy feeds a lot on the energy of the players as well and I think I just let it slip some when the stuff I processed didn't seem to get more posts going, combined with my SSD drive crashing and wiping a lot of my notes. I'm taking the SSD to a friend to see if any data can be recovered soon, but I have a pretty good idea where things are headed anyway, if y'all will walk the path with me. I know most everybody had plans (mine of vines, returning prisoners, checking the new clean ruins, and more I had yet to process) so just know I'm not pointing any fingers. Kami took a break, and I did too. I'm hoping maybe we can pick back up.

I still love the game and have great vision and ideas for it going forward. Hopefully some or all of you would be interested in continuing. I am confident @Prince Vaethorion is still game, and have asked @KamiKahzy to PM the rest of you to check your interest while I prepare for a possible resurgence just as we have been going or with proper modifications.

My only act since returning was approving the highborn and @Heyitsjiwon 's withdrawal of wealth from the market (so if we're still going you can chance wealth accordingly) and wonder if the Tyren plan on Levying wealth from the market as well, considering their wares were so popular. In any case, at least 2 more wealth have to be drained from the market as it stands or it will eventually go to waste.

So... Beckoncall returns. The question remains... is there something to return to?

If it turns out our good run has come to an end, I'll drum up a fine epilogue based on where I thought things were going. Otherwise If people renew interest (or respectfully decline) I'll see about picking up where I left off.

Over and out!

I've still got love for the game. Just thought it better to wait until giving my next action since I think there might have been things left to do and didn't want to rush ahead. Glad to hear you're still in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back