• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch : I actually wanted to wait to on ramp you to see how the dracos peeps interact with the new faith... I am still looking for one more newb... you're likely not arriving with the first wave. You'll have to be patient but you're on my mind... considering how you had to leave last time, I beg your understanding!
Im not in a hurry, just filling some boredom by asking questions

I Friggin' LOVED IT. I <3 Tomaz and Jav. They rose out of complete obscurity to become a lens on life in the colony!

I too have posted a great amount of summer project completion -- after a few paragraphs got eaten, In my panic I sought to get what I had out there and finish the rest (mostly Attolian and Tyren) projects resolved this afternoon. Once that is done the new factions (two at least) will arrive and regular exploration, intrigue, and orders can resume.

I love also that people are choosing atmospheric music to their posts, or as Heyitsjwon did, in the theme of the story in general... music feeds creativity and breathes extra life into the writing! <3

I'm all over it! New players can post about leaving home or the sea voyage and communicate with the other players for now in the OOC thread. Can't wait to get to the next hurdle!!!

-Beck

About to board a flight to Germany, so my internet access for the next week will be limited. I should be able to log on each day, but not spend much time

About to board a flight to Germany, so my internet access for the next week will be limited. I should be able to log on each day, but not spend much time

About to post a lot of attolians info, so glad you'll at least get to read it!!!

Your research and construct work I am putting off for a bit longer tho! But most all summer projects are about done!!! Super psyched!

Posting remaining summer projects NOW -- I will take a DEEP BREATH, and hopefully over the weekend if @Tori_98 and Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo don't write their own posts of making landfall in the new world, I will introduce them so they may start taking actions following my writing the arrival of their ships.

The Order of St. Victoria and The new Germanic peoples will arrive at the same time, having both departed from port cestus. A third player will arrive later... but perhaps not by much.

-Beck <3

If any new players have gotten cold feet, I hope you reconsider but also hope you aren't intimidated -- the great leap forward has a lot of detailed information for established players, but you new arrivals will just be taking things in as you go. WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME IN THE NEW WORLD, I HOPE!

ESTABLISHED PLAYERS:

Please note it is YOUR TASK to make sure your influence and wealth relative to recent events of the season are updated on your faction status sheet. If you have questions let me know, but besides an occasional audit if I think something is fishy I will always go with the info I see on the status screen for your faction!!!!

Was just working on my replies to some of the summer plan stuff, so that's out. I'll never let Beck rest, never! Also yeah I need to make some fresh edits on my info sheet, will see about getting those sorted tomorrow.

Just wanted to help set the mood for the impending troubles ahead:

I'm going to use this song as a reminder when I post that the colony isn't a hot new resort, it's a damn haunted ruin and you guys are just doing a great job scraping by and carving a little slice of heaven in a handbasket. ;)

Was just working on my replies to some of the summer plan stuff, so that's out. I'll never let Beck rest, never! Also yeah I need to make some fresh edits on my info sheet, will see about getting those sorted tomorrow.

No probs... you've got more on your plate SpiralErrant SpiralErrant , and I've got more on mine. :D

Elendithas Elendithas : Please relate IC or OOC how you feel about Tyren offering to help TRAIN YOUR BRUTES as they train their livestock.. it is one thing for Aymarans to attempt to emulate these ways as they see them for their own race, it is another question for your agency how you perceive this offer of training and whether you take to the idea of outsiders attempting to teach the brutes... this is entirely outside of the scope of whether the brutes might actually eat some of their trainers as well, and may be a diplomatic liability no matter how the idea is addressed!

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion Elendithas Elendithas SpiralErrant SpiralErrant KamiKahzy KamiKahzy Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon @Tori_98 Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo :

The Tyren have offered a Flag for each faction to put their own icon or symbol upon it (read in recent IC thread) all players are expected in their own turn to respond or not respond (which will matter either way, relative to the event this flag represents) -- The flag is the gossip of the town and many people wonder if all factions will associate themselves with it, so all factions rapidly learn of the Banner and it's invitation to mark it at the learning square north of the 'Platz. Even if you ignore the flag, it will be noted you ignored it. This is an "out or in" decision point for the colony!

Likewise, Anyone assigned to the Healers guild will help treat the wood elf sick recently arrived, but special contribution or RP to this effect is welcome. Same thing goes for if other magic users wish to study (and help decipher) the Wood elf magic tome... Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion in particular might have folk suited to this task..

Mages willing to study the Elf-Tome in Harun'Taras for the benefit of their elderly shaman was also requested. Something to answer, or not -- though the mage guild is in the learner's square, and not the platz, so it might not be too far for "Mush" to spend more time there... ;)

PS -- if anybody besides me was/is in communication with Tori_98, remind her she's still welcome and that I hope she's still psyched to play -- she's due to make landfall as soon as she cares to say!!!

Last edited:
Whoops, my bad, got the locations mixed up there. In that case I'll make an edit when possible. Will keep the invite to the shaman house open for the sake of no backsies and neighbourly spirit. I'm sure there would like to show off their new digs.

Elendithas Elendithas : Please relate IC or OOC how you feel about Tyren offering to help TRAIN YOUR BRUTES as they train their livestock.. it is one thing for Aymarans to attempt to emulate these ways as they see them for their own race, it is another question for your agency how you perceive this offer of training and whether you take to the idea of outsiders attempting to teach the brutes... this is entirely outside of the scope of whether the brutes might actually eat some of their trainers as well, and may be a diplomatic liability no matter how the idea is addressed!

I mean it was their idea so...

It was, but there is a difference between copying somebody's techniques and actually letting them put you thru obedience school!!

Except all they're doing is showing the smarter one's their techniques like he suggested, not waltzing into the spawning pools and whipping them.

Just gotta finish part 2 and my peoples shall arrive on your fine shores.

Whether that be a good or bad thing is yet to be seen

Sorry for not posting much. Been busy with traveling. In madrid, headed to Barcelona as I write.

Don't worry about it... onramping additional player(s) has me up to my eyeballs already. I had expected to reboot the game in april, but surge of interest has me flatfooted because my present work gig isn't over until then! :D

Don't worry about it... onramping additional player(s) has me up to my eyeballs already. I had expected to reboot the game in april, but surge of interest has me flatfooted because my present work gig isn't over until then! :D
What do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back