Other Be mindful of what your children watch.

Church418

Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
So there's this freaky looking creature named "Momo" popping up randomly in the middle of various children's videos on YouTube and challenging them to commit suicide.

I'm a grown ass man, and even to me it was disturbing to watch. If you're a parent, and you let YouTube play various children's shows on your TV while you work or cook, make sure you create a deliberate playlist from sources you trust completely. There are already reports of children not being able to sleep and having nightmares after being suddenly exposed to Momo.

Wtf is wrong with people?

Wait, do you mean this thing?
(Spoilered because... don't click if you're sensitive to creepy imagery)
JYBI93M.png
I thought that died ages ago... it's still going on?

Wait, do you mean this thing?
(Spoilered because... don't click if you're sensitive to creepy imagery)
JYBI93M.png
I thought that died ages ago... it's still going on?

Were people injecting this thing in the middle of children's shows to avoid YouTube detection before?

If so, then yes. Someone's doing it again.

Were people injecting this thing in the middle of children's shows to avoid YouTube detection before?

If so, then yes. Someone's doing it again.
I don't know if it was exactly that, but people kept using pictures of that sculpture to harass others. I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics since it's been many months since I first heard about it.
Putting in the middle of videos for children is absolutely not okay.

There is...so much wrong with this, I cannot fathom where it starts and where it begins. What maniac decided that this is a good idea? Who's getting a chuckle out of this? Is this like...some sick thing people are doing to get their jollies now a days? Like...I know people are screwed up, I've been alive long enough to know that...but children videos? Really?. These people had absolutely nothing better to do, than go "yknow what this show is great, let's insert ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE and TRAUMATIZE OUR FUTURE". I can't even wrap my head this...

Also, I have seen that image before because of someone I know wanted to be a jackanape...this aint cool.

What a coincidence! I have actually just read an article about this. I am just as baffled and repulsed. What sicko created a virus that would specifically target children? This world just keeps proving itself to be more and more sinister.

The internet should be for thirteen and up. I know that makes me sound like a crotchety old man. But I think anyone younger than that just doesn't have the processing power to know the dangers of what lies on the internet. I know, I know, "When I was that age, I knew of the dangers of the internet." yeah, I bet you did. But the fact of the matter is this, there are real predators online, there are real hackers online, there are real threats online. Even though I think it has gotten better over the years, it still poses a problem for kids twelve and under.
(and come to think about it, that's probably the most unpopular opinion I hold.)

overly long and messy post incoming, sorry.

so i decided to do some digging because this came off as fake to me from the start, and if it wasn't, i didn't want to think it was fake without having my own reasons to back it up.

tl;dr: it doesn't have any reliable evidence to back it up, so it's most likely a hoax. still, it's scary for kids and parents to deal with this kind of situation.

i'm pretty sure this is just a hoax. lots of the "evidence" that is popping up on social media [and some that i've seen a few stray news articles use] is used from momo videos from 2018, when she was popular; all of those videos are fake, ranging from either people who did makeup or those youtubers that pretended to contact momo back then. [imjaystation is the biggest example since there's popular tweets and instagram posts that spread a screenshot from one of his videos, with text overlayed to fit the current momo rumors.]

lots of people are also uploading the supposed peppa pig video, and none of them are confirmed to be real; it's really easy to poke holes in the lot of them anyways. obviously, fake evidence is always going to exist in these sorts of scenarios, but when there's no evidence to show that can't be debunked in some way. interviews and stuff exist, but those aren't always something you can trust; besides, pretty much all of the articles i looked through didn't really provide sources or at least any viable ones. heck, pretty sure i've seen some using the false evidence as well.

i still feel bad for the kids since if the adults are freaking out, they probably are to. i know this would stress me out if i was younger if i saw my mom fearing for my safety. still, with all of the fake momo challenge accounts now popping up and it is spread all over the internet, parents should be careful with their kids; regardless of whether it's real or not, it's scary for children and adults alike.

overly long and messy post incoming, sorry.

so i decided to do some digging because this came off as fake to me from the start, and if it wasn't, i didn't want to think it was fake without having my own reasons to back it up.

tl;dr: it doesn't have any reliable evidence to back it up, so it's most likely a hoax. still, it's scary for kids and parents to deal with this kind of situation.

i'm pretty sure this is just a hoax. lots of the "evidence" that is popping up on social media [and some that i've seen a few stray news articles use] is used from momo videos from 2018, when she was popular; all of those videos are fake, ranging from either people who did makeup or those youtubers that pretended to contact momo back then. [imjaystation is the biggest example since there's popular tweets and instagram posts that spread a screenshot from one of his videos, with text overlayed to fit the current momo rumors.]

lots of people are also uploading the supposed peppa pig video, and none of them are confirmed to be real; it's really easy to poke holes in the lot of them anyways. obviously, fake evidence is always going to exist in these sorts of scenarios, but when there's no evidence to show that can't be debunked in some way. interviews and stuff exist, but those aren't always something you can trust; besides, pretty much all of the articles i looked through didn't really provide sources or at least any viable ones. heck, pretty sure i've seen some using the false evidence as well.

i still feel bad for the kids since if the adults are freaking out, they probably are to. i know this would stress me out if i was younger if i saw my mom fearing for my safety. still, with all of the fake momo challenge accounts now popping up and it is spread all over the internet, parents should be careful with their kids; regardless of whether it's real or not, it's scary for children and adults alike.

Was gonna say this, but I was too nervous about getting called a nonbeliever. This whole situation seems pretty damn sensational to me.

(stop giving me likes, person I quoted deserves them more)

Last edited:
Momo was basically a failed Slenderman of 2018. She got her popularity and then it faded. Now for some reason, she's back. It honestly feels like someone is trying to get her to make a comeback.
Then again, if you think that's disturbing, you should see the weird "kids shows" on youtube, typically the animation stuff that involves Peppa Pig being gassed to death or Minnie Mouse contemplating an abortion, all of which is designed specifically for ad revenue.
At this point, you're better off just giving your kids a book.
Also, if I am not mistaken, isn't the Momo face just a "Realistic" version of Asui from My Hero Academia?

Momo was basically a failed Slenderman of 2018. She got her popularity and then it faded. Now for some reason, she's back. It honestly feels like someone is trying to get her to make a comeback.
Then again, if you think that's disturbing, you should see the weird "kids shows" on youtube, typically the animation stuff that involves Peppa Pig being gassed to death or Minnie Mouse contemplating an abortion, all of which is designed specifically for ad revenue.
At this point, you're better off just giving your kids a book.
Also, if I am not mistaken, isn't the Momo face just a "Realistic" version of Asui from My Hero Academia?
Yeah, I've seen videos about those too. The internet is just a really bizarre place in general.
And no... goodness no, that's not supposed to be Asui. I'm pretty sure it was a sculpture made by a Japanese horror special effects company. It's titled "Mother Bird"

Yeah, I've seen videos about those too. The internet is just a really bizarre place in general.
And no... goodness no, that's not supposed to be Asui. I'm pretty sure it was a sculpture made by a Japanese horror special effects company. It's titled "Mother Bird"
Ever seen the Jontron video about Disney bootlegs? I will never unsee Elsa Foot Surgery

yeah, the kid's side of youtube is just weird in general. those cartoons you mentioned are weirdly common and i honestly can't begin to comprehend why people thought that kind of stuff was appropriate for young children since that's clearly their target demographic. seriously, who thought "mickey mouse baby dies in gas explosion" was a good idea for a kid's cartoon?

also yeah, those games like elsa foot surgery are just strange and gross. they're honestly the game equivalent of those strange kid's cartoons [albeit with less dark themes]. i don't get who makes these, but based off of how many of them there are, they must be making tons of money.

ReignBot and Phil DeFranco did all the research necessary for this panicky fear-mongering hoax. But if it makes dumb lazy parents more aware of the fact that the internet is completely and totally unregulated, that’s a good thing.

The Satanic Panic of the 80’s, the tampered Halloween candy myth, the clown killers, or more recently the Blue Whale Game, they’re all just evidence-less urban legends.

yeah, the kid's side of youtube is just weird in general. those cartoons you mentioned are weirdly common and i honestly can't begin to comprehend why people thought that kind of stuff was appropriate for young children since that's clearly their target demographic. seriously, who thought "mickey mouse baby dies in gas explosion" was a good idea for a kid's cartoon?

also yeah, those games like elsa foot surgery are just strange and gross. they're honestly the game equivalent of those strange kid's cartoons [albeit with less dark themes]. i don't get who makes these, but based off of how many of them there are, they must be making tons of money.
So, Something I've noticed is that often times, material is created in an animated format or is branched off or based on an animated film. There are lots of people who think that since the material is animated, it is only for kids. I've met people who think that way, it's dumb as all hell.

So my question is this; aside from Momo being injected into material for kids, are these other things like the Elsa Foot Surgery actually designed for children to see specifically? Or were they made to shock and entertain adults, but were found by kids who thought "OOoo, Elsa!"? (shit, now Let it Go is playing in my head and the foot surgery as well is actually tickling my sense of morbid humor)

My theory when it comes to material that adapts cartoons into adult forms of entertainment is that it's a two part major statement. Cartoons are not just for kids. just because it's drawn or simplistic animation, does not mean it belongs in the toy box. A really great example of this is Sausage Party. And with this in mind, a parent should check EVERYTHING before their child gets exposed to it.​

Hate me all you want but there's a wonderful solution to this problem and it's called stop feeding your kids the damn iPad. So many parents are quick to throw kids in front of the TV or let them roam free on the computer, you think this is the worst thing they could come across? Parents are SO worried about this stupid thing but won't take their 7 YEAR OLD'S IPHONE and tablets away to play with their kids. I heard MOMO doesn't talk to your kids if they have a book in their hand instead of a tablet.

The internet should be for thirteen and up. I know that makes me sound like a crotchety old man. But I think anyone younger than that just doesn't have the processing power to know the dangers of what lies on the internet. I know, I know, "When I was that age, I knew of the dangers of the internet." yeah, I bet you did. But the fact of the matter is this, there are real predators online, there are real hackers online, there are real threats online. Even though I think it has gotten better over the years, it still poses a problem for kids twelve and under.
Why "13" then? It's not like the threats you're describing stop existing after that age and you yourself at least appear to aknowledge that people can have different kinds of awareness and maturity even for that age. You're not classifying them by adulthood of any sort, nor by what I'm told is the psychological idea of a fully developed adult brain, at age 21.

So the age of 12 in your statement seems a little arbitrary to me. Would you mind telling me what your reasoning was to get there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back