• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

now i get it, all i had to do is see my post in edit mode and go from there. the bad news:
I Also Present...

as long as you don't move anything around, it looks fine. otherwise, it becomes

I Also Present...

this

and i don't know how to fix this

Looks like I need to use my own help thread...

Is it possible to have a border on the outside of the slide while getting rid of the default border? The 0px tag isn't seeming to work >_>

Header
Slide

Code:
[border=0px][accordion=100%|bcenter]{slide=[h][border=4px solid #7db5eb][bg=AliceBlue;][font=Pacifico][color=#7db5eb]Header[/color][/font][/bg][/border][/h]}Slide{/slide}[/accordion][/border]

Looks like I need to use my own help thread...

Is it possible to have a border on the outside of the slide while getting rid of the default border? The 0px tag isn't seeming to work >_>

Header
Slide

Code:
[border=0px][accordion=100%|bcenter]{slide=[h][border=4px solid #7db5eb][bg=AliceBlue;][font=Pacifico][color=#7db5eb]Header[/color][/font][/bg][/border][/h]}Slide{/slide}[/accordion][/border]
In my experience, no, but if you have a background you can hide the border as well as have a border inside the slide.

(bg)(border=0px)(accordion)(slide=(bg)(border)text(/border)(/bg))
slide text(/slide)(/accordion)(/border)(/bg)

Code:
[border=5px SOLID goldenrod; background: url(https://static.vecteezy.com/system/resources/previews/000/098/402/original/dark-floral-pattern-background-vector.jpg) 50%; border-radius:50px;][COLOR=#ffffff]

[border=none; font-size:70px; padding:0;][font=homemade apple][color=Firebrick][center] Lila Newburry[/center][/color][/font][color=Firebrick][center][/center][/color][center][/center][/border][center][heightrestrict=400][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e4/d0/d4/e4d0d4d23762df2edb106db3e8c21f96.jpg[/img][/heightrestrict]
[tabs]
[tab= General information]
[left][font= century gothic][color=alicewhite][size=5][b]Name:[/b] Lila Jane Newburry.
[b]Age:[/b] 117.
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Name Of Former (Year: years range from 3-6):[/b] N/A
[b]Sexual orientation:[/b] Prefers not to state as students will see this and 
she prefers not to share all of her personal information with her students.
[b]Nationality:[/b] Dutch
[b]Hometown:[/b]  Leiderdorp, South Holland, Netherlands
[b]Occupation:[/b] High Preistess at tHoN Quebec
[b]Talents/Skills:[/b] Aside from the typical skills that all adult vampyres possess
Lila has also been gifted with an affinity for cats.
[b]Family:[/b] N/A
[b]Significant other(s):[/b] N/A
[/size][/color][/font][/left][/tab][left][font= century gothic][color=alicewhite][size=5]
[tab= Physical Characteristics]
[left][size=5][color=lightskyblue]
[b]Height:[/b] 5'6"
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Blue
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Dark Auburn 
[s]Glasses or contact lenses?:[/s]
[b]Distinguishing features:[/b] Her quirky lop-sided smile that she has had since she was a
child. However, this only shows when she is super comfortable with a person and can let 
her guard down.
[b]How does he/she dress?[b] Professional dress.
[s]Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.)[/s]
[b]Health:[/b] Very good health.
[b]Hobbies:[/b] Lila doesn't really have much time to indulge in hobbies as she is quite busy 
running the place.
[b]Favorite Sayings:[/b] [i] "Que sera, sera"[/i] which translates to [i]"What will be,will be"[/i]
[b]Speech patterns:[/b]
[s]Disabilities:[/s]
[b]Style (Elegant, shabby etc.):[/b] Professional
[b]Greatest flaw:[/b] Lila sometimes comes across as patronizing when she is speaking to 
students.
[b]Best quality:[/b] Her unwavering loyalty to The House of Night, her students, and to Nyx in general.
[/b][/b][/color][/size][/left][/tab][left][size=5][color=lightskyblue][b][b]
[tab=Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes]
[left][color=mediumpurple][size=5]
[b]Educational Background:[/b] Lila was 14 when she was marked, very young.
She finished her education at the House of Night in Paris and went on to study 
to become a High Priestess, however, that was many moons ago now.
[b][s]Any Mental Illnesses?[/s][/b][s][/s]
[b]Character's short-term goals in life:[/b] Hmmm.... She is still unsure of this.
[b]Character's long-term goals in life:[/b] To continue to make tHoN Quebec a safe, home-like place
for all of her students.
[b]How does Character see himself/herself?[/b] She see's herself as a sort of mother figure to all of the 
students.
[b]How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?[/b] She doesn't really know, nor does she believe
its her business how others perceive her.
[b]How self-confident is the character?[/b] She's quite self-confident.
[b]Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?[/b] While she tries to be ruled
solely by logic she is still sometimes ruled by a combination of both.
[b]What would most embarrass this character?[/b] Lila has long forgotten what embarrassment feels like.
[/size][/color][/left][/tab][left][color=mediumpurple][size=5]
[tab=Emotional Characteristics]
[left][size=5][color=coral]
Introvert or Extrovert?| Both!
How does the character deal with anger? With sadness? With conflict? With change? With loss?| Meditation and prayer. Lila turns to this for everything.
What does the character want out of life?|To help as many others as possible
What would the character like to change in his/her life?| Lila [s]secretly[/s] would love to find a romantic partner.
What motivates this character?| Helping others.
What frightens this character?|  Failure, not meeting the standards she imposes on herself.
What makes this character happy?| smiles, laughter, sunshine, nature, animals, the arts.
Is the character judgmental of others?|  Not judgemental
Is the character generous or stingy?|  Very generous 
[b]Is the character generally polite or rude?[/b]| Generally polite
[/color][/size][/left][/tab][left][size=5][color=coral]
[tab=Spiritual Characteristics]
[left][color=palegreen]
Does the character believe in a God?| Yes, Lila has devoted her life to Nyx. Which sums up the remainder of the questions, also.
What are the character's spiritual beliefs?
Is religion or spirituality a part of this character's life?
If so, what role does it play?
[/color][/left][/tab][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/left][/b][/b][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/font][/left][/tabs][left][font= century gothic][color=alicewhite][size=5][left][size=5][color=lightskyblue][b][b][left][color=mediumpurple][size=5][left][size=5][color=coral][tab=Spiritual Characteristics][left][color=palegreen][/COLOR][/left][/tab][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/left][/b][/b][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/font][/left][/center][/COLOR][/border][COLOR=#ffffff][center][left][font= century gothic][color=alicewhite][size=5][left][size=5][color=lightskyblue][b][b][left][color=mediumpurple][size=5][left][size=5][color=coral][tab=Spiritual Characteristics][left][/left][/tab][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/left][/b][/b][/color][/size][/left][/size][/color][/font][/left][/center][/color]

I have it here. ^^

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 , hi, dear, where can I find the place that shows what web colors are available to use? I'm unsure where to start looking since I didn't see it in the BBCode Center Manual and I had a link somewhere that showed other helpful BBCodes but I don't know where to navigate to it since it was a few days ago when I looked at it.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Oh cool. And no I think I turned it off
Alright, I found two problems and fixed them. But first:
1) You are unable to style tabs, so the code you you before the tab tag was causing problems.
2) Watch your coding! You had an unclosed bold tag that was causing hell to the entire thing and a bitch to find. But I managed to sort it out. ^^

Lila Newburry​
e4d0d4d23762df2edb106db3e8c21f96.jpg
  • Name: Lila Jane Newburry.
    Name Of Former (Year: years range from 3-6): N/A
    Sexual orientation: Prefers not to state as students will see this and
    Nationality: Dutch
    Hometown: Leiderdorp, South Holland, Netherlands
    Talents/Skills: Aside from the typical skills that all adult vampyres possess
    Family: N/A
    Significant other(s): N/A

Code:
[border=5px SOLID goldenrod; background: url(https://static.vecteezy.com/system/resources/previews/000/098/402/original/dark-floral-pattern-background-vector.jpg) 50%; border-radius:50px;][COLOR=#ffffff]

[border=none; font-size:70px; padding:0;][font=homemade apple][color=Firebrick][center] Lila Newburry[/center][/color][/font][/border]
[center][heightrestrict=400][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e4/d0/d4/e4d0d4d23762df2edb106db3e8c21f96.jpg[/img][/heightrestrict][/center]
[tabs]
[tab= General information][left][font= century gothic][color=alicewhite][size=5][b]Name:[/b] Lila Jane Newburry.
[b]Age:[/b] 117.
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Name Of Former (Year: years range from 3-6):[/b] N/A
[b]Sexual orientation:[/b] Prefers not to state as students will see this and 
[b]Nationality:[/b] Dutch
[b]Hometown:[/b]  Leiderdorp, South Holland, Netherlands
[b]Occupation:[/b] High Preistess at tHoN Quebec
[b]Talents/Skills:[/b] Aside from the typical skills that all adult vampyres possess
[b]Family:[/b] N/A
[b]Significant other(s):[/b] N/A
[/size][/color][/font][/left][/tab]
[tab= Physical Characteristics][left][size=5][color=lightskyblue][b]Height:[/b] 5'6"
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Blue
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Dark Auburn 
[s]Glasses or contact lenses?:[/s]
[b]Distinguishing features:[/b] Her quirky lop-sided smile that she has had since she was a
child. However, this only shows when she is super comfortable with a person and can let 
her guard down.
[b]How does he/she dress?[/b] Professional dress.
[s]Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.)[/s]
[b]Health:[/b] Very good health.
[b]Hobbies:[/b] Lila doesn't really have much time to indulge in hobbies as she is quite busy 
running the place.
[b]Favorite Sayings:[/b] [i] "Que sera, sera"[/i] which translates to [i]"What will be,will be"[/i]
[b]Speech patterns:[/b]
[s]Disabilities:[/s]
[b]Style (Elegant, shabby etc.):[/b] Professional
[b]Greatest flaw:[/b] Lila sometimes comes across as patronizing when she is speaking to 
students.
[b]Best quality:[/b] Her unwavering loyalty to The House of Night, her students, and to Nyx in general.[/b][/b][/color][/size][/left][/tab]
[tab=Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes][left][color=mediumpurple][size=5][b]Educational Background:[/b] Lila was 14 when she was marked, very young.
She finished her education at the House of Night in Paris and went on to study 
to become a High Priestess, however, that was many moons ago now.
[b][s]Any Mental Illnesses?[/s][/b]
[b]Character's short-term goals in life:[/b] Hmmm.... She is still unsure of this.
[b]Character's long-term goals in life:[/b] To continue to make tHoN Quebec a safe, home-like place
for all of her students.
[b]How does Character see himself/herself?[/b] She see's herself as a sort of mother figure to all of the 
students.
[b]How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?[/b] She doesn't really know, nor does she believe
its her business how others perceive her.
[b]How self-confident is the character?[/b] She's quite self-confident.
[b]Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?[/b] While she tries to be ruled
solely by logic she is still sometimes ruled by a combination of both.
[b]What would most embarrass this character?[/b] Lila has long forgotten what embarrassment feels like.
[/size][/color][/left][/tab]
[tab=Emotional Characteristics][left][size=5][color=coral]Introvert or Extrovert?| Both!
How does the character deal with anger? With sadness? With conflict? With change? With loss?| Meditation and prayer. Lila turns to this for everything.
What does the character want out of life?|To help as many others as possible
What would the character like to change in his/her life?| Lila [s]secretly[/s] would love to find a romantic partner.
What motivates this character?| Helping others.
What frightens this character?|  Failure, not meeting the standards she imposes on herself.
What makes this character happy?| smiles, laughter, sunshine, nature, animals, the arts.
Is the character judgmental of others?|  Not judgemental
Is the character generous or stingy?|  Very generous 
[b]Is the character generally polite or rude?[/b]| Generally polite
[/color][/size][/left][/tab][tab=Spiritual Characteristics][left][color=palegreen][size=5]Does the character believe in a God?| Yes, Lila has devoted her life to Nyx. Which sums up the remainder of the questions, also.
What are the character's spiritual beliefs?
Is religion or spirituality a part of this character's life?
If so, what role does it play?[/size][/color][/left][/tab][/tabs][/COLOR][/border]

Lemme know if you have any other questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back