• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial BBCode Assistance Thread

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
Not sure if what I did worked the way you wanted to or if my tag worked. >_>;;

Okay, so I've been trying to make a code, but for some reason it isn't working. One problem I'm having is that apparently the "font" edit isn't recognizing my font, even though it comes from Google Fonts. I use the code from the example and it works fine, but when I swap out the font name, it doesn't.

Also, I was wondering how much you could edit these basic forms and how that would work. For example, I wanted to use a Header for my page and edit the text font/color and the underline. But when I tried to put in code for it, it didn't do anything except eat my code. Same thing when I tried to edit the colors and fonts with an accordion. This was the format I used:

Code:
[accordion]
[bg=#00005c]
{slide=Testing 1}Info{/slide}
[/bg][/accordion]

I did a bit of CSS/HTML before coming here, so I've used that stacking sort of principle before, but it looks like it doesn't behave in exactly the same way. Can you explain it a bit more? Thanks!
Fonts as far as I'm aware are case sensitive.

For the header, the style has to be inside the tag like so:
Code:
[h][color][font][etc]text[/etc][/font][/color][/h]

Another general tip if you are using BBCode frequently is to turn off your RTE (rich text editor) to prevent code duplication! ^^

Code:
[h]
[font=RM Celtic]
[color=#f0ac01]
Elizabeth Anne Douglas
[/color]
[/font]
[/h]
That's what I was using. All I can figure is that it may be incompatible, but I thought all the Google Fonts were supposed to work?
EDIT: I figured out the problem! It was on the website, but from an external source. Whoops...

Okay, thank you very much! I think I've got it! Maybe... (x

Okay, I've managed to get it to do mostly what I want, but there are still a few issues I'm not sure how to fix.
The biggest issue are these huge gaps between the text and different elements. I can't think of anything that might be causing them grief, but there they are...
I'd also like for the header to be a bit bigger. Is 7 the largest it can go?
Finally, I'm trying to figure out how to get the sidebar to spread out some and take up the whole empty space to the right, if that's possible. Is it possible to change the color of the border divide and the side borders on the sidebar? I tried inserting a color tag, but it didn't work.

It looks like this:

Elizabeth Anne Douglas

full

Position: Veterinary Assistant

Appearance: Medium height; long red-brown hair, braided or tied back; blue eyes; likes dressing in greens, blues, and browns; wears her grandmother's silver claddagh ring on her right hand, the heart inward; wears glasses

Pets: None here, but has a Border Collie called Storm, a squirrel called Rory, and several cats back home.

A Morn In Spring - History

Elizabeth grew up in a small community in County Down with her parents, grandmother, twin brother, and the local dog pack. Admittedly, the dogs weren't really theirs, but they might as well have been. They wandered the fields and streets but always came by the Douglas' to find a warm barn, a meal, and two delighted children to live them. At first, the children's parents didn't understand why the dogs spent so much time around the house and unsuccessfully tried to drive them away for fear them hurting James and Elizabeth, but eventually relented when they saw how much they loved one another. When they were older, they both declared that they wanted to be veterinarians.

James eventually decided to doctor humans instead of animals, but Elizabeth never gave up the dream. However, they soon found out that, as much as they loved their little community, there wasn't much opportunity for them there. They had earned their degrees and were looking to see practice, but nobody nearby had any need for a green student. So, when their uncle wrote them from America and told James that he could get him a place in his clinic and stay in his apartment, James jumped at the idea. Elizabeth went as well, albeit with a bit less enthusiasm, and found a job as a veterinary assistant at the local animal shelter. She hopes to eventually set up her own practice, though she doesn't know if she will be able to go back home.

Hear the Angels Sing - Personality

Like many who spend their lives caring for animals, Elizabeth is a very gentle and affectionate soul. She loves caring for others and seeing them happy and healthy, whether they are man or beast. Whenever she makes a friend, they will know it by her broad smiles, ringing laughter, and tight hugs. Animals especially receive this attention, as she delights in stroking their fur, romping in open spaces, and wrestling with anything that will take her. Though this play is certainly rough-and-tumble, she can be equally as gentle when quieting a frightened animal or tending to its injuries. She is consistently optimistic and is always looking for the best. This has made her a bit of an idealist.

However, despite her search for the ideal, she still tries to remain practical. Her brother is more successful at this, so he jokes that he inherited their great-ancestor’s good sense while she inherited his misty-eyed romanticism, though she retorts that romantics wouldn't become quite so common for another couple centuries. She does her best to remember how the world actually works, but does sometimes insist on living in her own world. This can be equally frustrating to those who want to live in the ideal and those who are more practical.

One place that this manifests itself, though rather subtlely, is in her personal beliefs. Though she detests extremists, she is a very moderate nationalist and is deeply moved by descriptions of the ideal and of past sacrifice. However, in light of the horrible turn some have taken in this direction and its unpopularity in her hometown, feeling that speaking out would do nothing besides cause strife, she keeps this very quiet and rarely makes any point of it. She feels a bit ashamed of this; sometimes that she has deviated from her family's traditional beliefs, sometimes that she fears to stand up for it, sometimes that she feels shame for it at all.

In general, Elizabeth prefers to keep the peace rather than cause trouble, but she has been known to get riled up. She is a very spirited young lady, a tribute to her family, and is very difficult to silence or ignore unless she decides to allow it. This usually does happen after a period of time, as her natural politeness quickly overrides whatever fiery notion her temper has dreamed up, but not always. This can be a very useful tool sometimes, but can also get her into heaps of trouble.

Though she is occasionally ruled by her temper, she usually manages to keep it under control. This is much less true of her other emotions, especially pity and fear. Pity is as much a part of her need to help animals as her love for them is, as she can’t bear to see an animal hurting. In fact, being prevented from aiding a creature she loves or pities is one of the leading causes of her bouts of anger. She is desperate to end the hurt and suffering of the animals that she sees, even if that means fighting an impossible battle and fighting her own feelings of guilt and grief for not doing enough.

Likewise, fear also holds her in a very tight grip. Fear of doing the wrong thing, of being ineffective, of saying something wrong, of losing the ones she loves… the list goes on. She argues against these feelings just like her mother’s saying about her arguing with a brick wall, but with about the same effect. Despite her will to ignore her fear and not let it control her, it often wins with very little trouble. She worries constantly, often about things that make very little sense.

Elizabeth has been known for being quite smart, but this has made her a bit proud. This, coupled with her feisty spirit, has produced a strong stubborn streak and makes her extremely loath to admit a mistake or defeat. It also occasionally comes out as defiance, whether quiet or obvious, against authority that she doesn't recognize or believes is not her superior.

The World Seems Bright and Gay - Interests

Speciality: Livestock and cats

"You never really tame a cat; you just come to an agreement with them. That's why I love them."

Other: Elizabeth loves history and culture, especially through the traditional mediums of story and song, which she enjoys sharing by recounting tales of famous people and events or through traditional tunes on a tin whistle (though her musical talent is somewhat limited, according to James). However, she is equally interested in scholarly study and fancies herself an ametuer historian

Likes: Her home, music, history, the countryside, mountains

Dislikes: Large cities (“large” being anywhere with more than a thousand people), arrogance, loud noises, crowds, apples

Goals:

Steal Your Heart Away - Relationships

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Code:
[bg=#169b62]
[border=3px dashed #00005c]

[h]
[size=7]
[FONT=Sacramento]
[COLOR=#f0ac01]
Elizabeth Anne Douglas
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/size]
[/h]

[divide=dotted-thick]
[/divide]

[imageFloat=left]
[IMG]https://www.rpnation.com/media/elizabeth-douglas.24242/full[/IMG]
[/imageFloat]

[side=right]
[color=#ff893f]
[size=4]
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Position:[/b] Veterinary Assistant
[b]Appearance:[/b] Medium height; long red-brown hair, braided or tied back; blue eyes; likes dressing in greens, blues, and browns; wears her grandmother's silver claddagh ring on her right hand, the heart inward; wears glasses
[b]Pets:[/b] None here, but has a Border Collie called Storm, a squirrel called Rory, and several cats back home.
[/size]
[/color]
[/side]

[sh]
[FONT=Sacramento]
[LEFT]
[COLOR=#f0ac01]
A Morn In Spring - History
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/LEFT]
[/sh]

[CENTER]
[COLOR=white]
Elizabeth grew up in a small community in County Down with her parents, grandmother, twin brother, and the local dog pack. Admittedly, the dogs weren't really theirs, but they might as well have been. They wandered the fields and streets but always came by the Douglas' to find a warm barn, a meal, and two delighted children to live them. At first, the children's parents didn't understand why the dogs spent so much time around the house and unsuccessfully tried to drive them away for fear them hurting James and Elizabeth, but eventually relented when they saw how much they loved one another. When they were older, they both declared that they wanted to be veterinarians.

James eventually decided to doctor humans instead of animals, but Elizabeth never gave up the dream. However, they soon found out that,  as much as they loved their little community, there wasn't much opportunity for them there. They had earned their degrees and were looking to see practice, but nobody nearby had any need for a green student. So, when their uncle wrote them from America and told James that he could get him a place in his clinic and stay in his apartment, James jumped at the idea. Elizabeth went as well, albeit with a bit less enthusiasm, and found a job as a veterinary assistant at the local animal shelter. She hopes to eventually set up her own practice, though she doesn't know if she will be able to go back home.

[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[sh]
[FONT=Sacramento]
[RIGHT]
[COLOR=#f0ac01]
Hear the Angels Sing - Personality
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/RIGHT]
[/sh]

[CENTER]
[COLOR=white]
Like many who spend their lives caring for animals, Elizabeth is a very gentle and affectionate soul. She loves caring for others and seeing them happy and healthy, whether they are man or beast. Whenever she makes a friend, they will know it by her broad smiles, ringing laughter, and tight hugs. Animals especially receive this attention, as she delights in stroking their fur, romping in open spaces, and wrestling with anything that will take her. Though this play is certainly rough-and-tumble, she can be equally as gentle when quieting a frightened animal or tending to its injuries. She is consistently optimistic and is always looking for the best. This has made her a bit of an idealist.

However, despite her search for the ideal, she still tries to remain practical. Her brother is more successful at this, so he jokes that he inherited their great-ancestor’s good sense while she inherited his misty-eyed romanticism, though she retorts that romantics wouldn't become quite so common for another couple centuries. She does her best to remember how the world actually works, but does sometimes insist on living in her own world. This can be equally frustrating to those who want to live in the ideal and those who are more practical.

One place that this manifests itself, though rather subtlely, is in her personal beliefs. Though she detests extremists, she is a very moderate nationalist and is deeply moved by descriptions of the ideal and of past sacrifice. However, in light of the horrible turn some have taken in this direction and its unpopularity in her hometown, feeling that speaking out would do nothing besides cause strife, she keeps this very quiet and rarely makes any point of it. She feels a bit ashamed of this; sometimes that she has deviated from her family's traditional beliefs, sometimes that she fears to stand up for it, sometimes that she feels shame for it at all.

In general, Elizabeth prefers to keep the peace rather than cause trouble, but she has been known to get riled up. She is a very spirited young lady, a tribute to her family, and is very difficult to silence or ignore unless she decides to allow it. This usually does happen after a period of time, as her natural politeness quickly overrides whatever fiery notion her temper has dreamed up, but not always. This can be a very useful tool sometimes, but can also get her into heaps of trouble.

Though she is occasionally ruled by her temper, she usually manages to keep it under control. This is much less true of her other emotions, especially pity and fear. Pity is as much a part of her need to help animals as her love for them is, as she can’t bear to see an animal hurting. In fact, being prevented from aiding a creature she loves or pities is one of the leading causes of her bouts of anger. She is desperate to end the hurt and suffering of the animals that she sees, even if that means fighting an impossible battle and fighting her own feelings of guilt and grief for not doing enough.

Likewise, fear also holds her in a very tight grip. Fear of doing the wrong thing, of being ineffective, of saying something wrong, of losing the ones she loves… the list goes on. She argues against these feelings just like her mother’s saying about her arguing with a brick wall, but with about the same effect. Despite her will to ignore her fear and not let it control her, it often wins with very little trouble. She worries constantly, often about things that make very little sense.

Elizabeth has been known for being quite smart, but this has made her a bit proud. This, coupled with her feisty spirit, has produced a strong stubborn streak and makes her extremely loath to admit a mistake or defeat. It also occasionally comes out as defiance, whether quiet or obvious, against authority that she doesn't recognize or believes is not her superior.
[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[sh]
[FONT=Sacramento]
[LEFT]
[COLOR=#f0ac01]
The World Seems Bright and Gay - Interests
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/LEFT]
[/sh]

[CENTER]
[COLOR=white]
[b]Speciality:[/b] Livestock and cats
[i][color=#ff893f][size=4]"You never really tame a cat; you just come to an agreement with them. That's why I love them."[/size][/color][/i]

[b]Other:[/b] Elizabeth loves history and culture, especially through the traditional mediums of story and song, which she enjoys sharing by recounting tales of famous people and events or through traditional tunes on a tin whistle (though her musical talent is somewhat limited, according to James). However, she is equally interested in scholarly study and fancies herself an ametuer historian

[b]Likes:[/b] Her home, music, history, the countryside, mountains
[b]Dislikes:[/b] Large cities (“large” being anywhere with more than a thousand people), arrogance, loud noises, crowds, apples

[b]Goals:[/b]
[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[sh]
[FONT=Sacramento]
[RIGHT]
[COLOR=#f0ac01]
Steal Your Heart Away - Relationships
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/RIGHT]
[/sh]

[CENTER]
[COLOR=white]
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[/border]
[/bg]

Every time you go onto a new line in the code, you also go onto a new line in the final product. Just get rid of all the empty space in the code and the spaces will disappear.

I'd also like for the header to be a bit bigger. Is 7 the largest it can go?
Yes. If you would like a bigger header I suggest using the header tag and applying font and color to it like so:
[h][font=Century Gothic][color=#e0162b]Header[/color][/font][/h]

Header
If that is still not big enough for you, you can use a website like fontmeme to create an image of your desired header text.

Is it possible to change the color of the border divide and the side borders on the sidebar?
No it is not. There is a workaround for the sides using rows and columns, or bordered text and an imagefloat. As for divides, the best I can suggest is using an image in its place or using a background if you're okay with it being thick.

Oh, great coding wizard! How would I go about centering tabs within an accordion? Is it even possible?

I may not be accurate on this, but I don't think centering tabs is possible period. If it is, I'm curious to know as well.

Yes, you can combine them in interesting ways, but I wanna center em XD But I will assume it won't work then :/ Thanks for trying :D

Hey! IM BACK!

Anyways, this time it's for something diffrent. I have been smashing my head against the keyboard for a bit now and I can't figure this out.

BACKSTORY

The story goes that many, many years ago, the digital world was in part ruled by Pharahomon, but the whole world was chaotic and brought to the brink of destruction multiple times. Thankfully, each time the world came close ending, it was saved by Digimon such as Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, or the angel Digimon Shakkumon and Lucemon who descended to the digital world at times most dire. Imperialdramon went on to form the Royal Knights, and Lucemon went on to bring the world a time of order and harmony, but that time came to an end when Lucemon reacted to a rebellion by summoning a long tyrannical period of darkness. However, this time, the world wasn't saved by Imperialdramon or his knights. This time it was saved by the ten ancient Digimon, but only AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumom survived the crusade against Lucemon, and in the end, the two managed to seal him away.

Even tho must of the ancients died, each one of the ancient Digimon passed their abilities down through the generations of various Digimon types.

PLOT

Well, the ancients are dead, right? Well, sort off. Their code lives on. Bits and pieces are spread all over the Digimon world, living on inside all Digimon, but also seems to gather certain points throughout the digital world. These points are notoriously hard to get to, seemingly impossible, they heavily guarded and won't give up it's secrets easily. However, someone needs to get in there and figure out what the hell is up.

Recent generations of Digimon have had... defects. Agumon struggles with making even small flames, the electricity that ran through Tentomon has vanished, and the higher ups in the digital world are afraid of what lies in wait if things keep getting worse. So they have done what the digital world always does when it feels threatened, it has reached out to humans for help and dragged a few into the digital world.

So, as I'm sure you get, this rp would be about those humans, and their journey to figure out what is going wrong with the digital world.
no slide

ANCIENTS

Every Digimon ability can be traced back to a source, or more accurately, ten sources. The ancients. The ancients are Digimon from a time long gone, their powers rival or surpass even the strongest of mega, and in their own time, they played a key role in locking away Lucemon.

AncientGreymon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Flame / Greymon Spices, Dragons

AncientGarurumon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Light / Beast

AncientBeetlemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Thunder / Insect

AncientKazemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Wind / Bird Man, Fairy

AncientMegatheriummon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Ice / Mammal, Icy

AncientSphinxmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Darkness / Mythical Animal, Demon Beast

AncientVolcanomon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Earth / Ore, Mineral

AncientWisetmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Steel / Mutant

AncientTroiamon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Wood / Plant

AncientMermaidmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Water / Aquatic

LINKS
wip!

c15ac67abd24f5175e9e719f424e2eb2.jpg

In my little workshop thingy, it works perfectly, so why do I get no slide When I try to put it anywhere else ?? Would love any advice/help <3

Hey! IM BACK!

Anyways, this time it's for something diffrent. I have been smashing my head against the keyboard for a bit now and I can't figure this out.

BACKSTORY

The story goes that many, many years ago, the digital world was in part ruled by Pharahomon, but the whole world was chaotic and brought to the brink of destruction multiple times. Thankfully, each time the world came close ending, it was saved by Digimon such as Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, or the angel Digimon Shakkumon and Lucemon who descended to the digital world at times most dire. Imperialdramon went on to form the Royal Knights, and Lucemon went on to bring the world a time of order and harmony, but that time came to an end when Lucemon reacted to a rebellion by summoning a long tyrannical period of darkness. However, this time, the world wasn't saved by Imperialdramon or his knights. This time it was saved by the ten ancient Digimon, but only AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumom survived the crusade against Lucemon, and in the end, the two managed to seal him away.

Even tho must of the ancients died, each one of the ancient Digimon passed their abilities down through the generations of various Digimon types.

PLOT

Well, the ancients are dead, right? Well, sort off. Their code lives on. Bits and pieces are spread all over the Digimon world, living on inside all Digimon, but also seems to gather certain points throughout the digital world. These points are notoriously hard to get to, seemingly impossible, they heavily guarded and won't give up it's secrets easily. However, someone needs to get in there and figure out what the hell is up.

Recent generations of Digimon have had... defects. Agumon struggles with making even small flames, the electricity that ran through Tentomon has vanished, and the higher ups in the digital world are afraid of what lies in wait if things keep getting worse. So they have done what the digital world always does when it feels threatened, it has reached out to humans for help and dragged a few into the digital world.

So, as I'm sure you get, this rp would be about those humans, and their journey to figure out what is going wrong with the digital world.
no slide

ANCIENTS

Every Digimon ability can be traced back to a source, or more accurately, ten sources. The ancients. The ancients are Digimon from a time long gone, their powers rival or surpass even the strongest of mega, and in their own time, they played a key role in locking away Lucemon.

AncientGreymon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientGarurumon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientBeetlemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientKazemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientMegatheriummon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientSphinxmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientVolcanomon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientWisetmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientTroiamon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Wood / Plant

AncientMermaidmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

LINKS
wip!

In my little workshop thingy, it works perfectly, so why do I get no slide When I try to put it anywhere else ?? Would love any advice/help <3
Is your RTE (rich text editor) disabled?

Hey! IM BACK!

BACKSTORY

PLOT

no slide

ANCIENTS

AncientGreymon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientGarurumon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientBeetlemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientKazemon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientMegatheriummon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientSphinxmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientVolcanomon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientWisetmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

AncientTroiamon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors
Warriors of Wood / Plant

AncientMermaidmon
latest

Attribute / Inheritors

LINKS
wip!

is there a slide inside that accordion?

Um, gonna be honest and say that I don't totally know what you mean by that, but I haven't disabled anything. (I think)

Well, no slide is seemingly connected to the plot slide. It is not a slide in itself. The extra no slide seems to get added by the page? Im confused....
Go into your preferences and turn it off to prevent wonky code. If that doesn't fix it I'll take a look. ^^

Yo - been trying to post a gif within a border. When I use the upload a file option provided, the gif does not show up, but rather a link that says 'view attachment' or whatever. When I put [ IMG ] in front of said gif and [ / IMG ] behind it, I get a little icon of a picture with a red x in the lower left corner of it. I've almost entirely forgot how to use BBcode.

Yo - been trying to post a gif within a border. When I use the upload a file option provided, the gif does not show up, but rather a link that says 'view attachment' or whatever. When I put [ IMG ] in front of said gif and [ / IMG ] behind it, I get a little icon of a picture with a red x in the lower left corner of it. I've almost entirely forgot how to use BBcode.
Are you using the RTE? (Rich text editor)?

Not that I'm aware of. But I might be? How can I check? The term's familiar but I don't experiment with coding very much, so I guess I'm technically new to all this. If it helps, I'm in private workshop right now creating a character sheet, and I'm trying to post the gif inside of a background.

Aha - I am not using RTE. Had to remind myself what that was. I posted the gif originally using the Upload a File button by 'post' on mobile.

Not that I'm aware of. But I might be? How can I check? The term's familiar but I don't experiment with coding very much, so I guess I'm technically new to all this. If it helps, I'm in private workshop right now creating a character sheet, and I'm trying to post the gif inside of a background.
Are you sure you're in your private workshop? 0-o

The text editor with all the buttons. That'll make your code be all wonky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back