• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Battle for the Genate OOC

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Phew! Hi. ^^ Got a first post out. Let me know if I'm being a dummy and missing anything important, or doing something weird, haha!

"Dormiat in pace."

Ah, I see you went for some Latin there? videre ille volo.

Though I kinda saw her as more the type to say "Dormi in pace," rather than "Dormiat in pace," but cool enough.

"Dormiat in pace."

Ah, I see you went for some Latin there? videre ille volo.

Though I kinda saw her as more the type to say "Dormi in pace," rather than "Dormiat in pace," but cool enough.
Lol, I was just trying to be cool and use Google Translate. I know, so professional. XD

Lol, I was just trying to be cool and use Google Translate. I know, so professional. XD
I figured ^^. Though I was unsure, that was really good for Google Translate. Incorrect, but close.

Dormiat in Pace most closely translates to "May he/she/it rest in peace." It would be appropriate if she was, say, asking god(s) to be merciful on the man's soul.

"Dormi in Pace" most closely translates to "Rest in peace," but she's like commanding him to do it. I'd kind of interpret it like she was very politely saying "and stay down"

Actually, "Dormiat in Pace" might instead translate to "He/She/It might rest in peace," which would instead make it sound like she's saying that maybe he'll go to heaven or maybe he'll go to hell, or he may be unruly in death.

Hmmm...

I figured ^^. Though I was unsure, that was really good for Google Translate. Incorrect, but close.

Dormiat in Pace most closely translates to "May he/she/it rest in peace." It would be appropriate if she was, say, asking god(s) to be merciful on the man's soul.

"Dormi in Pace" most closely translates to "Rest in peace," but she's like commanding him to do it. I'd kind of interpret it like she was very politely saying "and stay down"
Actually, "Dormiat in Pace" might instead translate to "He/She/It might rest in peace," which would instead make it sound like she's saying that maybe he'll go to heaven or maybe he'll go to hell, or he may be unruly in death.

Hmmm...
I really hate the subjunctive ^^;
Ahah, I have no idea, I just got it off of Google. ^^"
It was more meant like a solemn farewell of sorts. Paying some semblance of respect.

I had a dream with Novatris in it last night :o I don't remember what it was about, but I did!

Oh, is it my turn?! I'm so sorry. If I don't respond after a day or so, feel free to remind me. I'll get on that ASAP
It's no problem! Just wanted to make sure you were still interested. I know I've been a little slow to reply, myself.

I know we've just barely started, but! How are you liking it so far?

I finished the post that I accidentally sent early!

Let me know if there's anything you want to happen at the time that Novatris comes within ten minutes of the planet. I can edit the small timeskip out of my post if you had an event in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back