• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy basgiath war college: a dragon rider rp

SUGAR.

norn is my wife <33

a roleplay by SUGAR.

basgiath college

fly or die.

"a dragon without its rider is a tragedy. a rider without their dragon is dead."

welcome to basgiath.

hope you survive.

• the lore

**This thread is based on the Fourth Wing book series by Rebecca Yarros. Things have been altered and will not follow the book to a T (especially where dragons are concerned.) I have tried my best to avoid spoilers but read on and join at your own risk if you plan to read the series thus far. You do not have to have read the series to apply for this RP! I have provided extensive lore and will be able to answer any questions you have.**

Welcome to Basgiath War College, located in the Kingdom of Navarre's Morraine Province. Basgiath is an intense college set to prepare cadets for service to their kingdom. There are four different quadrants: Infantry, Healers, Scribes and Riders. When a child comes of age (20-21) they participate in Conscription Day where they choose which of the four quadrants to join. Every child in Navarre has to participate in conscription day, no exceptions. They have their choice of the four branches and if they fail to gain admission to the Infantry, Scribes or Healers they are defaulted to first-line infantry fodder. However if a cadet fails in the Riders quadrant it means they're dead. It may seem ruthless but it is necessary in the war effort against the Kingdom of Poromiel and their Griffin riders who have been causing disturbances along the border. The Riders quadrant is the only one that is volunteer only. If you're there its because you're choosing to be. Unless you're a Child of the Rebellion, in which case you are forced to enter the Riders quadrant with no ability to choose one of the other options.

For the sake of this RP we will only be RP-ing as Riders and Dragons. This is a limited spot application based RP. We will roughly follow the plot of the first book to start out, going through what it's like to be a first-year cadet at Basgiath. There are many challenges to earning a dragon as a partner and bonding with them at Threshing that we get to explore. Think of this as a college style RP except the classes are aimed at training and survival. As far as the dragon characters go, one thing different to the book is that they are able to shift into human forms in this rp. Since dragons don't really come into play until later in the book, in order to make them involved from the beginning my GM's and I decided that they would be going through classes of their own to prepare them to bond with a human rider. The overarching plot of the RP is the conflict with Griffin riders and the Navarre government that our characters will get thrown into.

I am keeping the interest check brief and on the application thread I will post LOTS of relevant lore and info needed for character creation!

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Alright, I'll bite! This one has caught my fancy. Dragon riders are a wonderful concept but hard to execute in a way that stands out, but this RP seems well thought through.

If we apply for a dragon, does no art for FCs rule still apply for their dragon form?
Great question! No it would not, you can use art for the dragon. I will go back and make sure that is clear in the rules. The no art FC applies only to humans. So with that being said, the dragon form may be art but the human form they shapeshift into must be real!

I would be interested in applying for a dragon role!

There's no character submission thread yet, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on accident!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back