• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy basgiath war college: a dragon rider rp

apologies for spamming you guys with questions ! but since this isn't an fcfs application, are well allowed to pick the same color ( for dragons ) if someone else already has a placeholder / application ?

A few lore Qs for background purposes!

I'm assuming that the rebellion was at most 20-21 years ago given the youngest children would now be of age for conscription? And militarily was itmore of a "true" civil war with pitched battles between armies or an insurgency?

Hey! Yes so it was actually less than that, approx 10ish years prior to the start of this rp. Some rebel children have already gone through the Riders quadrant if they were older. My character was 10 when the rebellion happened and she had to watch her parents get executed. For the sake of this rp and the age of our characters they would all have been 10/11 years old when the rebellion happened, but since there is 107 rebel kids some are older and some are younger.

As far as military wise, the rebellion was more of an insurrection than a civil war. It was dealt with swiftly as once dragons were involved the Tyrrish people were forced to surrender! Hope that helps, I know it's a lot of info and I might've forgot a thing or two so please keep asking questions if needed!

i noticed that some people have posted just names, images/gifs and a little concept. Are we suppose to get the concept approved first and then fill out the larger cs?

apologies for spamming you guys with questions ! but since this isn't an fcfs application, are well allowed to pick the same color ( for dragons ) if someone else already has a placeholder / application ?
yes! that’s totally okay, since it ain’t fcfs anyone can apply for anything even if someone else is already applying for it (except for the ones that are already claimed by the four mods :) )

i noticed that some people have posted just names, images/gifs and a little concept. Are we suppose to get the concept approved first and then fill out the larger cs?
nope! it’s just so people can see what they are making and just posting what their character is gonna be and such! no need to send a concept for it to be approved since its application based : )

yes! that’s totally okay, since it ain’t fcfs anyone can apply for anything even if someone else is already applying for it (except for the ones that are already claimed by the four mods :) )

nope! it’s just so people can see what they are making and just posting what their character is gonna be and such! no need to send a concept for it to be approved since its application based : )
ok thanks!

Right after you posted your sheet I realized I had left out a part of the cs so I actually went in and added a rp sample spot! Sorry 😭. Also please make sure you have 20 headcanons. I only counted like 8 I think! Thank you!
Just rounded those out! Lemme know if any issues (besides the coding that I am going to polish up when I’m back at my desk properly, I’m on the move today and haven’t figured out why the additions are popping in as dark text 😅

Hey! Yes so it was actually less than that, approx 10ish years prior to the start of this rp. Some rebel children have already gone through the Riders quadrant if they were older. My character was 10 when the rebellion happened and she had to watch her parents get executed. For the sake of this rp and the age of our characters they would all have been 10/11 years old when the rebellion happened, but since there is 107 rebel kids some are older and some are younger.

As far as military wise, the rebellion was more of an insurrection than a civil war. It was dealt with swiftly as once dragons were involved the Tyrrish people were forced to surrender! Hope that helps, I know it's a lot of info and I might've forgot a thing or two so please keep asking questions if needed!
Awesome, that helps plenty. I used the wiki for a few smaller details but haven’t stumbled on any particulars of how different exactly Tyrrish folks are from the heartland kingdom (Little cultural peculiarities and customs, things like that) so if you have any particular examples of things like that from the books themselves a general idea would be great.

Otherwise hopefully we can flesh out a few things as we go! I was nearly an anthro major when I was in uni so the small details like that in fantasy settings are always my favorite things to get right :p

oh question! Were there any dragons who sided with the rebellion?

Not me just now realizing there were details for the different sections in the code and I just didn't see them because I was working on my cs at like 3 am last night 💀

Will the dragons have access to the lesser magic cadets have access to in their human forms once they have bonded? (Using an ink pen, locking/unlocking doors, simple wards, etc).

oh question! Were there any dragons who sided with the rebellion?
There were not any!

Will the dragons have access to the lesser magic cadets have access to in their human forms once they have bonded? (Using an ink pen, locking/unlocking doors, simple wards, etc).
so dragons actually don’t have any magic or abilities at all. The only ability they have is to fully shift into a human. In human form they are just like a regular human being, no magic or knowledge of weapons/human fighting. Their ability is to be a big fire breathing dragon and that’s it.

blue tea blue tea to piggyback off of that I noticed in your cs you put the skills your dragon has in their human form. Dragons actually don’t use human weapons really bc if they need to fight they just turn into a dragon!

Last edited:
so dragons actually don’t have any magic or abilities at all. The only ability they have is to fully shift into a human. In human form they are just like a regular human being, no magic or knowledge of weapons/human fighting. Their ability is to be a big fire breathing dragon and that’s it. The riders don’t have magic either, they only have the one ability that is gifted to them by their dragon.
Ah Ok so the bonded don't even have lesser magic like that in the books?

Ah Ok so the bonded don't even have lesser magic like that in the books?
My apologies I actually haven’t read the series so I’m just going off of what my dear sugar has told me and she just corrected me. So riders will have lesser magic such as pens/unlocking & locking door but the dragons will not have those abilities at all bonded or not.

My apologies I actually haven’t read the series so I’m just going off of what my dear sugar has told me and she just corrected me. So riders will have lesser magic such as pens/unlocking & locking door but the dragons will not have those abilities at all bonded or not.
Thank you for the clarification!

Ruadhan and Wrynn:
- Lil fellas
- Down for a scrap, anime level perseverance
- Smile through the pain/anger

Would almost be an instant short king warrior ethos alliance if he wasn't marked :closedeyescryingfrown:

Ruadhan and Wrynn:
- Lil fellas
- Down for a scrap, anime level perseverance
- Smile through the pain/anger

Would almost be an instant short king warrior ethos alliance if he wasn't marked :closedeyescryingfrown:
Alas their friendship could never be 😔

Awesome, that helps plenty. I used the wiki for a few smaller details but haven’t stumbled on any particulars of how different exactly Tyrrish folks are from the heartland kingdom (Little cultural peculiarities and customs, things like that) so if you have any particular examples of things like that from the books themselves a general idea would be great.

Otherwise hopefully we can flesh out a few things as we go! I was nearly an anthro major when I was in uni so the small details like that in fantasy settings are always my favorite things to get right :p
Of course! And I am very down to flesh out things as we go because as far as I know there aren’t any explicit differences in customs or cultural things compared to the rest of Navarre. The book focuses more on the fact that the children have the rebel relic more than they focus on their upbringing. I have not finished the second book so I’m unsure if more info is brought up there but like I mentioned I’m so down to come up with our own lore!

Of course! And I am very down to flesh out things as we go because as far as I know there aren’t any explicit differences in customs or cultural things compared to the rest of Navarre. The book focuses more on the fact that the children have the rebel relic more than they focus on their upbringing. I have not finished the second book so I’m unsure if more info is brought up there but like I mentioned I’m so down to come up with our own lore!
Sick, sounds like a plan. I never want to walk too much over an established universe, especially one I've yet to get into, so I'm fine with not going too far into homebrewing what "being Tyrrish" looks like :p

The info I found through wikis mostly said it's an important province for maintaining military power and natural defense for the broader kingdom so I feel like it's a safe call to give Ruadhan an identity conflict between that warrior tradition and the fact the rebellion was homegrown there, but if you feel anything like hiding an accent is a bridge too far I'm not married to those concepts at all.

apologies for the mistake ! i have deleted that small section, and now only have his history left to do ^^

There were not any!

so dragons actually don’t have any magic or abilities at all. The only ability they have is to fully shift into a human. In human form they are just like a regular human being, no magic or knowledge of weapons/human fighting. Their ability is to be a big fire breathing dragon and that’s it.

blue tea blue tea to piggyback off of that I noticed in your cs you put the skills your dragon has in their human form. Dragons actually don’t use human weapons really bc if they need to fight they just turn into a dragon!
oop ok lemme fix my bio real quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back