• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Banes Of The Shadow INTEREST CHECK

FlameRune

Tired, spiteful, and ready to rumble.
❝ you must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong—❞

⌌┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
┊.˚ ☁︎┊...important info
⌎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
╭── ✰ ──╮
availabilty
╰──>open
commitment
╰──>long term
i am hoping this will continue for a few weeks, at least, so if you’re not willing to commit to that this may not be the rp for you.
╰──> adv. lit
i consider adv.lit to be at least 3 well thought out paragraphs with proper grammar and spelling, if you do not write like that more often than not this may not be the rp for you.
genre
the primary genre is fantasy.
this rp contains mythological beings contained in a medieval world. It will contain magic, mythology, and several other aspects that contribute to this genre.
trigger warning: this rp contains violence. There will be death, battles, and other sorts of violent actions. If this bothers you, please do not join.

secondary genre(s) are

╰──> drama| action| adventure| possible romance
Our characters will be traveling across the world, battling mythological beasts and evil men and women. Romance is not necessary and most definitely not the focus of the roleplay, but it is allowed. Characters cannot just fall in love in the blink of an eye. They must bond, get to know one another, and you must speak to me about any romance prior, please.
inspiration
01 The Witcher (Netflix)
02 Merlin (BBC)
03 “Mistborn” by Brandon Sanderson
╰── ✰ ──╯
──┅┅┄┄ೃ:.✧✲゚。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆

❝ two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference—❞

⌌┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
┊.˚ ☁︎...intro
⌎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
╭── ✰ ──╮
A rippling sob escaped the old man’s lips as he cradled the limp body in his arms. Raising one shaky hand, the great and powerful man stroked the fiery hair of his once bright and lively companion. Trembling lips pressed an unsteady kiss to her forehead, skin like ice without the warmth it once held. Had he allowed this to happen? Had his own selfish pursuit of riches, power, and might caused the death of his one love, the only one he'd ever truly given himself too?
“Oh, my dear love, I’m so sorry,” He crooned, trembling hands wiping blood from the lips of his lifeless partner. “I will avenge you,” he promised in a trembling voice, pressing his lips one last time to his queen’s, then slowly standing, a fierce look of determination finding its way onto his aged face. He'd find who'd done this. He'd ensure they too felt the despair he had experienced. The wizened old man would break them, as they had broken him.
In another land, a shadowy figure stood silently before his master, head bowed. “Yes, my lord,” He rasped in his soft voice, “I understand.” Straightening up, the cloaked male’s glowing violet gaze locked onto the coal gaze of his master. “I will do as you have asked. I will keep them from reaching you.” Earning a nod from his regal lord, the beast gave one last bow, then turned on his heel, slipping silently from the massive throne room. He had a job to do, and he had no choice but to complete it, despite his despair at doing so. And he always completed his jobs, no matter the cost.

╰── ✰ ──╯

❝ Explore the unseen—❞

⌌┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
┊.˚ ☁︎┊...plot
⌎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
╭── ✰ ──╮
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜 ࿔₊•
The kingdom of Rular’s beloved queen has been assassinated by a mysterious man known simply as “The Shadow”. The king, in his grief and fury, promises to avenge his lover's death and protect his youngest daughter from harm. In order to do so he creates a motley group of criminals, knights, magicians, and peasants to one day bring justice and an end to the king's bitter hate. Their task?

Capture the Shadow and bring the Queen's murderer to face judgement before the King.
The strange group of heroes must traverse the continent in search of the King’s enemy and bring him to justice. However, the path is riddled with dangers. Beasts of all shapes and sizes lurk in the shadows. Men and women hold predjudice and anger. Some strange entity seems hell-bent on their failure. And, most importantly, it seems as if this strange crew cannot get along, consistently bickering with one another. Despite their differences, can they unite with one another and work well enough as a team to succeed at their task? Or will the group fail, and bring upon themselves the king's wrath?
In order to summon these strange heroes, the King sends out letters, his humble followers delivering his words to the men and women he has summoned. The letter is vague, and says simply this;

”Greetings,
You have been summoned to the castle of Rular to have an audience with the king on the third day of the week in the sixth month of the year. Failure to respond to these summons will result in death.”

Sealed with the King’s ring and delivered by knights, our heroes have no choice but to respond to the man’s call. Soon, the day comes and they begin their journey towards the castle to meet the King, unsure of their fates. This is where our tale will begin.

❝ revenge is a raging fire that consumes the arsonist—❞

⌌┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
┊.˚ ☁︎┊...roles
⌎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
╭── ✰ ──╮
roles are not genderlocked
there are 8 available roles

| The Knight|

↳description: A skilled warrior and well trained leader, this character has been tasked by the king to lead this expedition of revenge.

| The Conman|

↳description: Swift, quick-witted, and silver-tongued, this character is a fantastic pick-pocket with a skill for manipulation and just speaking to people in general. ( Taken by me!)

| The Mercenary|

↳ Quick, stealthy, and graceful, this character is a skilled assassin who sells their talent to the highest bidder. They are here only for the money.

| The Peasant|

↳description: a young peasant with wanderlust, this character volunteered to go on this journey. They are calm, cool, and collected, and serve as a peacemaker.

| The Magician|

↳description: skilled with combat magic, this character is deceitful, powerful, and attractive. They are known for seducing their victims.

| The Brute|

↳description: harsh, loud mouthed, and quick-tempered, this character is a skilled warrior. They carry the most brute strength in the group.

| The Apothecary|

↳description: skilled with medicines, potions, and poisons, this character serves as a healer to the group.

| The Prince|

description: the King’s eldest son. He is a skilled warrior, but he was forbidden from joining the quest by his father. However, he sneaks away and joins the group on the adventure.

The Continent of Almara
Kingdoms of Almara
— Rulaar: a kingdom build on art and building. The people paint, draw, and invent some of the most amazing things on the continent and sell them here. The people tend to be mellow, and spend most of their time working on projects. They are very family oriented, passing down their talents. Quite a few blacksmiths and inventors live here.
Capital City: Arion - a massive city with creative architecture and art. The castle stands tall in the center.
— Buyaat: a kingdom built on exploration and warriors. The people make their ways across the world, training hard and finding artifacts and inventions to use and sell. The people tend to be harsh adventures, wandering from place to place and rarely stating in the same area. The population is mainly older, retired warriors and adventures, and families who have settled down. Quite a few medicinal and plant shops based here.
Capital City: Que’Taan - a large city with several homes set up all around it. The castle sits near the edge. It is surrounded by a stone wall.

Other Important Settings:
—Kerubian: a rich port city sitting between the two kingdoms. It belongs to neither of them; and people come from all over the world to trade here.

The Beasts of Almara
Lesser dragons:
small, quadrupedal dragons about the size of large cats. They come in 5 different colors, which determine their abilities. Red lesser dragons are fire breathers and are often paired with black-smiths or adventurers. Blue lesser dragons can create water and are often paired with artists and sailors. Green lesser dragons can speed the growth of plants and work with apothecaries, farmers, and gardeners. Yellow lesser dragons can fly and are used as messengers throughout the kingdom. The fifth dragons, a violet color, are the pests of the kingdom. They can travel through shadows, and so they often steal and cause trouble.

Common Dragons:
These dragons are about the size of elephants, and they are used as transportation. Their scales are usually dull in color, black, gray, or brown, and they cannot breathe fire. Still, they are formidable enemies with sharp claws and wicked fangs.

Greater Dragons:
There are 4 greater dragons in existence, and very rarely have they been seen by humanity. It is speculated that they are huge, much bigger then the largest man-made building. Each one is in control of a natural disaster. Floods, Earthquakes, Storms, and Wildfires. They serve as a balance through the world, and are basically gods in Almara.

Griffin:
the apex predator in the wilds of Almara, Griffin’s are violent and viscous. They cannot be tamed, and will attack on sight. They are very territorial, and live only with their mates. Once their offspring are of a certain age, they must leave the territory or risk being eaten by their parents.

Pegasus:
once majestic beasts who soared through the air and assisted humans. It was said that their feathers could grant healing powers. They have gone extinct through over-hunting and poaching.

Unicorn:
thought extinct, these beasts were feral and deadly. Their horns were dagger sharp and they harnessed great magic. They were fiercely carnivorous and craved human flesh.

Fae:
mischievous fairy people, they tend to live in harmony with humans, though they love to pull pranks and cause trouble. They are winged and beautiful, though they have a fatal poison that can be used if they are in danger.

The People of Almara
Humans

Elves:

very similar to humans, elves tend to be taller then them, with pointed ears and white, gray, or golden hair. Their eyes tend to be violet, crimson, or golden as well.

Half-Elves:
humans and elves are so closely related that marriages often take place between them. Half-Elves tend to be tall like elves and with slightly pointed ears, but they lack the strange eye and hair color.

Dwarves:

small, sturdy, and rough, what dwarves lack in grace, they make up for in brute strength and skilled handiwork.

Avians:

very similar to humans, though they have beautiful wings. The wings are often paired with a certain bird, and said bird tends to be related to the Avians personality.

Last edited:
I am in love with this! I’d love to create a character either for the magician, or the apothecary. Is this a first come/serve kind of deal, or am I welcome to make a sheet and see if it’s to your vision? Let me know.

I really shouldn't be joining any more RPs, but this concept is just so totally up my alley xD Gaaaah, the decisions! >.<

I am in love with this! I’d love to create a character either for the magician, or the apothecary. Is this a first come/serve kind of deal, or am I welcome to make a sheet and see if it’s to your vision? Let me know.
Go ahead and just create a character. I added information to the original post about the races in this world, so please skim through those to help you make this character! It'll probably be firt come first serve since this is my first rp on here.

I’ll gladly take magician, love, and thank you! Let me know if I can help, otherwise I’ll post sometime early this week!

I’ll gladly take magician, love, and thank you! Let me know if I can help, otherwise I’ll post sometime early this week!
Alrighty! If this gets some more attention, I’ll probably be making the actual post soon.

this is too similar to something i'm running for me to logically join, and i'm absolutely swamped with art commissions, but... dark fantasy adventure...

i can't promise anything yet (thanks, art stuff), but i've got my eye on the prince or perhaps the mercenary since i have characters already that would fit such roles.

either way, good luck with running this setting. if they last, they really are great fun. that much i can promise.

Every page has been created, though most of them are awaiting approval, due to my new member status. However, the character page is here.

while you have a fun concept here, having re-evaluated i just don't feel right joining as i know i'm in too many rps to give any of them proper attention and that isn't fair to anyone. as such, i'm afraid i must bow out.

I am quite interested, though still debating on a role. I might snag either the knight or the mercenary.

I'm super interested in the apothecary if that's not taken! But if there's demand for that, I also don't mind being the peasant or the brute.

I am quite interested, though still debating on a role. I might snag either the knight or the mercenary.
I'm super interested in the apothecary if that's not taken! But if there's demand for that, I also don't mind being the peasant or the brute.

to both of you, all of those roles are open, so you can take whatever role you’d like! Above I sent the link to the Character page!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back