• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Band RP.

Rick had gone out to help set Adam's drums up while Jim and co. stayed in the back. Jim gave a big sigh, his heart racing but he ignored it. "This is it. Our chance at destiny." He said turning to them. "We're going to go out there and kill them. We've got a hot crowd and they're expecting us to kick ass. So no pressure." He said with a light laugh. He could hear Frank talking them up as he did each band. Becca grinned. "I'm so freakin' ready.." She leaned up and kissed Jim who kissed back. She sighed. "For good luck." Frank came back and knocked on the door. "Showtime folks! One minute to get on stage!" He shouted. Jim grabbed the doorknob opening the door. "Let's go kick some ass." He said as he raced out the door.

He took the side entrance that lead onto the stage, putting his guitar on and plugging it into the amp. Becca did the same. There was a curtain up, hiding them from the crowd. It would drop when they were introduced. "No matter what happens I love you all." He said as he heard Frank on the other side grab the mic.

Nicole followed them to the stage and plugged her guitar into the amp as well. "No need to get all sappy on us, Jim, but we love you too. I know we're gonna kill it. The crowd won't know what hit it and that exec will definitely sign us. Guys, this is our chance to get noticed. Unlike the other groups, we have each other to lean on and a strong bond that ties us all together. That's why we're going to rock." She said smiling at them.

Jim gave a smile to Nicole and readied himself as Frank introduced them. "And now, without further adieu, Ladies and Gentlemen Savage Groove!!" He shouted and the curtain dropped. Jim started playing the first song. The crowd started getting into and Jim started singing.

Last edited:
"1-2-3-4!" Jim gave the count to start the song. He felt more confident than he had in all the times that they had played on that stage. He watched the crowd as they danced to their music which gave him goosebumps. Throughout the performance he could feel the eyes of the exec watching them. After the third song ended the crowd cheered as Jim got on the mic. "Thank you... very much. We are Savage Groove and I would like to introduce you to each member of the band. First we've got Adam on drums." He said turning to him with a smile. "Next we've got Rebecca on bass." Becca gave a little solo for the crowd which caused them to cheer and a couple of guys whistled at her. "Next, on lead guitar we've got Nicole!" He said giving her a point. She received some cheers and whistles as well. "And finally I'm Jim. I play a guitar too." He said as the crowd cheered. "But I'm not the only one who sings. In fact we're going to turn the mic over to Rebecca." He said as she moved closer to the mic.

Last edited:
Nicole smiled. Becca's gonna kill it. There's no way that exec isn't going to sign us. We're definitely making it big now.

Becca watched the crowd for a few seconds then started into her bass improvisation. She played just as creepy as she did during practice. The lights went low, shining a red hue on her. She played the solo for five minutes, then raised her head with a grin then they started into 'God of Thunder'. Jim played along proudly as the crowd cheered her solo.

Last edited:
Nicole's heart raced with excitement and thrill. She played along and felt her smile grow larger. It can't get better than this.

Becca was feeling it as she played. She knew the song by heart and sang it loud and proud. Jim watched her with a big smile as well. The time came for the lead solo and Jim gave Nicole a nod, mouthing 'kick some ass, Nic' to her.

Nicole nodded back at Jim and started in her solo. She bobbed her head as she played, starting to get into it. The crowd disappeared and it was just her and her guitar as she shredded. Her guitar felt like a part of her. Nicole played incorporating guitar spasms into it.

The crowd was roaring as they watched Nicole shred on the guitar. The exec had sat up when they started their set but now he had lowered his sunglasses in awe. He knew that this band would be money. Becca looked over to Nic while playing and was astonished. She's going to be a BIG star. I can see it now. She thought and smiled. When Nic ended her solo Becca sang the last verse of the song. When the song ended Jim took to the mic. "Rebecca Alyn and Nicole Jackson, ladies and gentlemen!" He said as the crowd roared. Jim walked over to Nicole and leaned over. "That was sick. You killed it, kid." Said with a smile, nudging her playfully. "You want to sing the last song? Give everyone a taste of your vocal talents?" He asked while motioning to a stage hand for a drink, taking one quickly so as not to waste time. He then walked back to his spot.

Last edited:
Nicole blushed a little. Was I really that good? Dang. She went to the mic and smiled at the crowd. I never want this night to end. Taking a deep breath, Nicole strummed her guitar and started singing. She closed her eyes and let the words wash over her.

Becca and Jim played along with her. By this time the exec was standing and watching them. He motions to his assistant who hurriedly comes to him. "I want them brought here immediately after this song. You hear me? Immediately." He said and the assistant gave a nod and started down the stairs to meet them when they came off stage. Becca walked over to Nicole while playing, giving her a grin. They were going to be a formidable team.

Nicole smiled at Becca as she played and sang. As the song came to an end, Nicole's heart was racing with adrenaline. She relished he crowds roaring cheers.

Becca hugged her tight after the song. Jim bowed and gave a wave. "Thank you all. Goodnight!" He shouted as the crowd roared even more. The stage hands came on stage to tear down and prepare for the next band. They took his and Becca's guitar then one took Nicole's. Jim hugged Becca tight, kissing her. "You were amazing, babydoll." He said and Becca blushed. "So were you." She said with a smile. He then hugged Nicole. "You killed 'em." He said patting her back before letting her go. Angela, the exec's assistant, came running up to them. "Mr. Douglas would like to see you now!" She said out of breath. "All four of you. Come with me." She said and turned to lead them to him. Jim turned to the others. "Uh oh..." He said with a smirk.

Nicole gave a short laugh. "I do believe we might be in trouble. The good kind. I'm so proud of us troublemakers." She joked. Nicole quickly took out her phone. Babe, we just finished our performance and now we're going to see the exec! I bet we've got this thing in the bag! She texted Henry. That's great, babe! I'm happy for you! He texted back. Nicole pocketed her phone.

Jim took Becca's hand as they followed Angela. He could hear a couple of women let out an audible "Aaawwww....." in disappointment upon seeing that he was taken. Becca smirked. "Looks like you've broken a couple of hearts." She said as Jim smiled and laughed lightly. "I don't need some random woman that'll use me. I have you." He said and kissed her hand. It didn't take long before they were brought before Mr. Douglas. He gave a clap. "What a performance. I mean that. Please, have a seat. Can I get you something to drink? " He asked as Jim started to get a little guarded as he and Becca sat on the couch.

Jim looked up. "We're good." He said and Becca nodded in agreement. Mr. Douglas turned and looked at the crowd and stage. "I've been coming here off and on for five years now and I've seen groups come and go on that stage..." He said then turned back to them. "But.... You four.. You performed like you had something to prove. Like you weren't going to be denied." He said looking to Becca. "You. That bass solo that you did prior to the cover of God of Thunder.. I could see a lot of Gene Simmons in your playing." Becca smiled, flattered by the compliment. "Thank you, sir. He's my idol." She said and Mr. Douglas gave a smile. "Maybe you'll meet him one day...." He said and turned his attention to Nicole. "And you.. Your abilities and your voice.. I was brought to my feet by your performance. How long have you been playing?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back