• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Hafdan charsheet
Dwarf FIghter - Axe & Shield
HP: 14
AC: 16/18
Passives:
  • Perception/WIS: 12
  • Investigation/INT: 9
  • Insight/WIS: 14
Battleaxe: +6, 1d8+4/1d10+4

Without bothering to do any calculations in his head after seeing Tarina throw a dagger in the general direction of the door, Hafdan charged for the window looking out the front of the building. Holding his shield in front of him he launched himself at the window like a cannonball and braced for upcoming impacts.

The still sleeping pirate rolled over, holding his sword like a stuffed animal.

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Ellya Ellya

With your wounds closed, things eased up. You could breathe again, even if you were still barely aware of anything happening around you. Then someone kicked you in the side. It stung a fair amount, but it did temporarily distract you from the piercing pain in your neck.

The skull and crossbones on the still smoldering hat almost seemed to leer up at Nima.

dr xenon dr xenon

Everyone above heard Hafdan heroically burst out the upper window! Shield first, he whirled to face his opponents midair... only to land on his back with a loud thud. The wind was knocked out of him, but largely he seemed fine ((1 point of damage and prone)).

Lioness075 Lioness075

The man Lara was chasing turned around just in time to see her tackle him to the road. Screaming and flailing, he appeared to be more or less at her mercy.

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Idea Idea D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon

Just as the pirate turned to run out the door, he came face to face with a man clad in heavy armor. "Move it, you stu-" His insult was cut short as, without hesitation, the Paladin stabbed him in the side. A howl of pain escaped him and his movement stopped dead; he wasn't escaping this way. Frantically, Deadeye scambled to raise his sword, but before he could try to bring it crashing down onto the Paladin, Fallen Dragon easily overpowered the distracted pirate and forced him to the floor. A string of curses, kicking and screaming were all the man had left. He was thoroughly beaten, though he would not admit it. The fight was over.

Tarina didn't really wait to see what the others would do. Walking over at an almost leisurely pace, her own sword flashed out towards the prone pirate. With a spray of blood, his head was sent rolling across the floor. ((some 30-odd damage)) "Sorry, mate. It was definitely personal." With a satisfied sigh, she turned and flipped a platinum coin across the room to Alyth, who had relaxed since the tentacle disappeared with Guin's falling unconscious. Leaning down, the spy pulled a small red vial from her side, pouring the liquid into the patriar's mouth. Supernaturally, Guin's wounds sealed themselves, though the initial rather terrible gash seemed like it was going to scar. When the magical healing brought her to consciousness, the wound in her neck still thrummed with pain. ((8 healing))

Without skipping a beat, Tarina stood and faced the party. "Right. A deal's a deal. I don't really care what you do with those two lackeys. Kill 'em if you want." Glancing around the now mostly empty room, she shrugged, as though realizing there wasn't much reason to try to be discreet with most everyone gone. " “Several blocks northwest of here is a public bathhouse with a walled garden and frolicking nymphs carved into its front gates. Followers of the Dead Three have been seen coming and going from the bathhouse, and I’m told there’s a secret door inside that leads to a dungeon. That’s where the killers are hiding.” Sheathing her cutlass, Tarina looked at each of you individually.

"I wouldn't really recommend going there now. Some of you are banged up, and it's late anyways. If you don't mind, though, I'm going to take my leave."
If no one stopped her, Tarina started towards the door.​

Hafdan charsheet
HP: (14) 13
Passives:

"Kyshhh-hunnnggggggg-ahhh," Hafdan wheezed as he rolled over to his side and tried to get what passed for air on the streets of Balder's Gate back into his lungs. Stumbling over to the tavern's door he gave Ja'Ruul a bit of a once-over. Looking to see if he was a concerned citizen, another guard, or just the sort of person who liked to get in a strike on the winning side of a fight before it's over.

Catching what Tarina said to the rest of the party, hid did a slow count of heads to see if anyone was missing. Then did it again.

"So ... " he says to Ja'Ruul, "Who're you then, chum?"

interacts with : EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy
Idea Idea , D. Rex D. Rex , Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide , Ellya Ellya

Leandra.jpg
Name: Larassa LaFraeNicknames: Lara, Shadow
Class: RogueLevel: 1
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (18/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

Larassa hissed at the screaming and flailing pirate, annoyed that he would not sit still.
Realizing she would get no where if the man continued to struggle, Larassa unsheathed a dagger and slowly pressed it against the man's neck. She raised an eyebrow as if to ask whether he was done flailing about.

If her intimidation was successful, Larassa would then use hempen rope to tie his wrists together before standing up from his chest and dragging him to his feet. She would then shove him back towards the tavern and unsheathe her shortsword to keep at the man's back, discouraging him from trying to make a break for it.

Moving at a walking pace now, Larassa would likely be within eyesight of anyone at the tavern's entrance coming from the street.

Intimidation Roll: 20

Interactions: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Fleeing Pirate)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby: EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy (Ja'Ruul), dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan), D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon)

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 1 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 12/12 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 13 (+1) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 15 (+2) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

With the captain's hat still in hand, Nima did make her way over to Tarina before she left. "Tarina, a moment..." she said softly, taking a breath. "I... You mentioned that no one will know of our involvement in this. Or well, mine. Is that...possible?" she decided the best course of action would be to just straight up ask. There was an entire tavern that had just seen Nima attack a Captain, then come to the aid of a Patriar. She'd already come to sorely regret both of those choices.

"I cannot have any of this follow me home, to my shop... I have faithful clients in the Guild and other parties alike, and if the wrong person hears of what I did..." She shook her head a little, not feeling the need to continue that sentence. She only awaited her response and studied her closely, taking in the sincerity and confidence in her own words.

Regardless, after she would get her answer, Nima would just nod and leave the tavern as well, thinking everything over on her way back to her shop. She was sure that somebody would tell Zodge the information he requested, and that she was there to help obtain it. Her duty was done, and she figured she'd see the coin come in soon.

Actions Insight check on Tarina:

AC: 18
HP: 12/12

Ja'Ruul sighed a bit as he watched the Captain get tackled to the ground. At this point there seemed no need to kill the man at all. Though, he would very easily do it, but in this particular case, maybe the others might not appreciate his proclivity towards murder. His beliefs dictated that free will was a curse set on people of all races. This pirate was the perfect example. All must fall under his rule, so law and order my be kept.

Looking at the dwarf he simply sheathed his sword within the shield "Well, firstly you may call me Ja'Ruul. Secondly, I am just some reinforcement sent to you by Zodge. Nothing more."

Looking over his mood immediately shifted and his expression turned dark. Seeing Guinevere was a shock to him. What the hell? It couldn't be. Is it? "Arabella..." His words less than a whisper as he started moving closer, his hand firmly gripping the handle of his blade if it was whom he thought it was. His expression turned dark and focused.

Grond quickly goes over to Inula's side and says, "You ok? Are you hurt at all?" He quickly looks her over to make sure that she's not showing signs of any injury, then gives the youngster a nod. "Good work, there, with the spells. I'm impressed. Now, lets go see what's going on outside with the pirate captain."

At this point, the Dragonborn sheaths his sword once more on his back and heads for the door to see about the confusion outside.

Idea Idea

Hafdan charsheet
HP: (14) 13
Passives:

Hafdan scowls and shrugs in response to Ja'Ruul's introduction and actions as if to say That figures.

Turning to see who's coming up to the tavern door Hafdan gives a start.

"Balduran's left one!" he exclaims and then continues. "What're you doing here, Shadow? And who've you got trussed up like a breadthief about to lose a thumb?"

interacting with Lioness075 Lioness075

Lioness075 Lioness075 dr xenon dr xenon

The man's frantic screaming slowed into a quiet, pleading string of sobs. He made no effort to resist as he was tied up and dragged back to the rest of the group. "Please don't do this... Please don't... By Umberlee, have you no mercy? I'll go straight, I will! Live an honest life going forward, never hurt another soul!"

The pirate across the room sat up, yawning loudly and stretching.

Ellya Ellya

Tarina gave Nima a very serious look. "You know we take care of ours, lass. Got nothing to worry about from me." Her straight face broke into another flirty grin. "Unless you want there to be." Now, Tarina was in no rush to leave, though she was walking towards the door. After all, those of the party that hadn't spoken may have questions. Nima, however, didn't really hesitate. Just walked right out and marched home. Normally a lone woman going through the streets of Baldur's Gate at this time of night would be ill advised, but between the weapons and armor most people left her alone. It was decently late by the time she arrived. The windows were dark, no light escaping from inside. No noise came from inside, either.

But the door was open slightly.​

Leandra.jpg
Equipment: Shortbow & Arrows (18/20), Shortsword, 2x Daggers, Leather Armor (AC 16)

Larassa ignored the man's pleas, none too keen on forgiving him so easily after he had so readily rushed in to attack her team. She had no loyal connection to the team beyond the fact that she was being forced to work alongside them, but she would not allow someone to harm any of them and just walk away. Best that the ones who were harmed make that call, not her.

As she neared the tavern's entrance, Larassa heard someone exclaim an odd phrase in her direction. Her ears flicked forward and she paused a moment to lean out from behind the frightened man.
When the dwarf called her Shadow, Larassa blinked, as she recalled her previous time meeting him. He either finally remembered her paying him off before, or he had opted to call her what most people found to be befitting of her nature.
Given she was not about to speak up, Larassa leaned back behind the man and promptly kicked him in the back of his knee, intending to make him fall prone yet again.
His similar garb to the pirates they had just fought seemed like plenty of an explanation to Larassa and she did not entirely care to suddenly speak for a group that was mostly strangers.

Seeing Nima exit the tavern, Larassa quickly averted her gaze and looked down at the prone pirate in front of her instead. She was trying her hardest to avoid any interactions with people who may recognize her, but Hafdan had already called out to her. It seemed she was not going to succeed for much longer in this effort.

Realizing more people were beginning to exit the tavern, Larassa briefly glanced over at the fallen pirate to the side of the tavern's front door, an arrow protruding from his side. She stiffened at the sight and looked back down at the pirate in front of her instead, kneeling and starting to pat him down for coin or anything else of interest. She did not want to see the body nearby. She did not want to remind herself that death now hung over her like the hood concealing her eyes and scar. The weight was building on her shoulders, pushing her heart down farther and farther into a dark place.

Interactions: BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Pirate that attempted to flee), dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan)
Mentions: Ellya Ellya (Nima)
Nearby: EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy (Ja'Ruul)

Last edited:
With the Captain beheaded, it was over. While he regretted not being able to kill the man himself, it hardly mattered in the long run.

The tabaxi habitually patted the corpse down and removed his coin purse and valuables. Pocketing them inside his robes. A payment for the inconvenience.

Standing back up he looked over to the other tabaxi and her prisoner. "Well? Are you going to finish the job?" He asked. Expecting her to kill the guy already. He said he'd kill them, and he would himself, should she not have the stomach for it. These pirates already proved to not be worth the price of binding them. Lioness075 Lioness075

And there was still that sleeping pirate to dispose of.

Fallen Dragon grabbed his quarterstaff and used it to help himself to his feet. He hastened his limp over to Guin as the newest arrival here decided it wise to take up threatening stance with her.

Ja'Ruul sighed a bit as he watched the Captain get tackled to the ground. At this point there seemed no need to kill the man at all. Though, he would very easily do it, but in this particular case, maybe the others might not appreciate his proclivity towards murder. His beliefs dictated that free will was a curse set on people of all races. This pirate was the perfect example. All must fall under his rule, so law and order my be kept.

Looking at the dwarf he simply sheathed his sword within the shield "Well, firstly you may call me Ja'Ruul. Secondly, I am just some reinforcement sent to you by Zodge. Nothing more."

Looking over his mood immediately shifted and his expression turned dark. Seeing Guinevere was a shock to him. What the hell? It couldn't be. Is it? "Arabella..." His words less than a whisper as he started moving closer, his hand firmly gripping the handle of his blade if it was whom he thought it was. His expression turned dark and focused.

Getting in between the aasimar and Guinevere, he gave the man a stern look. "Stay your hand." He warned. "This is Lady Guinevere Vanaath, not Arabella."

Leandra.jpg

Hearing someone ask her about finishing the job, Larassa stiffened and kept her head down while she continued to aimlessly pat the pirate down. She managed to find pocket lint and scowled with disappointment. No good loot and now someone was expecting her to do this man in. Even after he had pleaded and claimed he would turn a new leaf, his words were falling on deaf ears in this group.

By the time she glanced up, peeking from under the shadow of her hood, Larassa saw that the other Tabaxi was already gone. She could only guess he had gone back inside for something, though Larassa was unaware of what was unfolding inside now.
Feeling brief relief that maybe nobody would question her, Larassa then looked back down at the pirate. She was unable to meet his eyes since she had shoved him to the ground face first, but she leaned forward before whispering into his ear with a raspy voice, "I'm sorry."
Unable to bring herself to kill another person, Larassa stood up and walked away from the pirate, leaving him to his fate should anyone else decide to do him in.

With no where else to go for now, Larassa walked inside the tavern, passing the other pirate's body on the stairs. Her second murder. She was hardly aware of the captain's body, as she stepped over it to enter the tavern.
Heart in her throat, Larassa sat down at the nearest table to the entrance and remained there while a few of the others spoke to one another. She sat rigidly, her eyes distant, as she stared at the tavern wall near the stairs leading to the second floor. Her mind wandered to the pirate's expression as he fell and then to the doctor's expression as he too fell.
There was blood on her paws, both metaphorically and literally, and there was no washing all of it off now.
Larassa gritted her teeth, as she looked down at her hands and the blood started to dry on her fur. She began rubbing at it, trying in vain to get it off. But it was not working and some of the blood began to smear across her hands instead. Tears welled in the corners of her eyes, concealed underneath her hood, as her breath quickened and her heart raced.

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex (Fallen Dragon), BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Tied-up Pirate)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby: Ellya Ellya (Nima), dr xenon dr xenon (Hafdan)

Last edited:
As Axtis looks out, she can see that there is little to do other than gather up the party, get some needed rest, and then make their way to end the lives of this cult. All in all, this was not a bad encounter. All of them down, and with only minor injuries on our side.

She walks out of her hiding spot and cleans off her rapier with a piece of cloth, then goes to find Fallen Dragon. She asks, "You doing ok? I saw that you were hit and I want to make sure you are doing fine."
D. Rex D. Rex

Ja'Ruul was standin there, looking at this woman. The one in front of him saying her name was Guinevere. Was she not Arabella? He moved his hand to the chain on his hip. Connected to the chain was a cylindrical reliquary. The top filled with floating pure red blood. A drop of the blood fell to the bottom, turning black and mixing in with the black ickr liquid of the bottom. She was still there. So this could not be Arabella.

That being said he looked to see he had only a few more weeks until new blood must be had. He took a beep breath and dropped the chain. Placing his shield with his sword sheathed inside it on his back. He looked around and sighed "Sadly it appears my job is done before I got to have fun. Pity."

He turned to the one holding down the pirate captain. Noticing the head was now gone from that captain. He sighed. That was no good. He needed to kill someone with his blade for it to work. That being said, there had to be more of these pirates. No way they were all killed yet. So, he turned and gave each of them a bow as he exits, going to search the building for someone to fight. Blood had to be sacraficed.

Last edited:

N i m a

The entire way home, the Genasi was strongly considering taking off her armor already. The weight was getting immense and it felt even heavier now that there was no apparent use for it. It hadn't even been put to any use just now. But it served as a bit of intimidation to any who would think about trying something with her.

She thought about Tarina's words. "We take care of ours"? Nima had made it a point to never associate herself with the guild, at least not knowingly. All she wanted to do was forge weapons, armor and other iron tools no matter who it was for. In fact, after seeing such displays of magic, she felt like it might be worth looking into some more divine ways of creating weapons. Magical ways. She felt like advancing to the next level of her smithing prowess.

The open door made her frown as she turned the corner and approached her house. Just to be sure, she unclasped the small contraption that kept her mace from wiggling around too much as she walked. She went over and slowly pushed the door open, walking and looking around carefully inside. "Pel...?" she'd softly say if she didn't spot any immediate danger or signs of forced entry, after which she'd also cast Light on her mace.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

The pirate that just woke up seemed to be trying to take advantage of no one really doing anything about him to sneak out the back door. Unfortunately for him, the actively searching Ja'Ruul spotted him creeping towards the back door pretty easily.

Idea Idea dr xenon dr xenon Lioness075 Lioness075 D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

The currently captive pirate watched Lara leave him, more than likely to die, weeping pitifully. Otherwise, the patrons even started coming back. The bouncers dragged corpses outside and tossed them into the alley beside the building almost casually. No one troubled them during their conversation. The Fist members that had come to investigate the brief but violent ruckus took one look at their badges and left.

Ellya Ellya

The little globule of light that formed above your mace moved along with it, even seeming to sway with the wind, almost like the flame of a torch. It shone brightly in the dim lower city streets as she stepped inside. Looking around, there was no sign of a struggle or direct violence of any kind. Actually, there were groceries on the table, with two gold coins conspicuously missing from the money she had left behind. There was no response to her very quiet call into the seemingly empty living space, though that didn't inherently mean anything.

If anyone here was asleep, or simply not paying attention, they may well have not heard. Nima's eyes were sharp enough to pick up on something; behind one of Pel's drawings, what almost looked like a sleeve hung to the side, as though hastily shoved there. Further investigation revealed that it was, in fact, recognizably one of Pel's shirts, but torn at the side and decently bloody. The reddish pink stain on the white fabric of the undershirt seemed as though someone had tried to hastily clean it and then given up.

The wood of the house creaked in the silence.​

Last edited:

N i m a

"Two gold for some damn vegetables..." she said softly, slamming the door shut behind her and placing her mace on the table as a means of keeping the room lit, since the candles had no doubt gone out from the door being open so long. Finally she could take off her armor. But as she was unstrapping it, she noticed the bloody shirt. She immediately stopped and without even thinking to pick up her mace, dropped her shield and ran up the stairs. She did a full sweep of the house if she didn't find him soon. "Pelor!" she called out now, her voice, surprisingly to herself, carrying some worry.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Actions Investigation: 17

Last edited:

Ja'Ruul searched for another pirate. This search led him to the back area of the house. As he saw the pirate trying to escape, he was more than happy to take his shield and draw his sword. Getting up close to him with great speed. He stopped just close enough for his swing and took it in a downward arch. The runes down the blade of Vampiric Rite glow, sensing the upcoming fight and thirsting for blood to complete its purpose.

The arch goes under the mans arm and strikes his side. Cutting in deep and wounding him greatly. He watches his blade drive in deep before cleaving its way out. While he could see the man was not dead, the blood seeping from his cut clothes made it abundantly clear he was very hurt and Ja'Ruul kept his shield up to keep himself safe in this, what would most likely be the mans final attempt at protecting his feeble life.

D. Rex D. Rex dr xenon dr xenon Idea Idea Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Across the room from where the group discussed their situation and the remaining pirate, the other pirate screamed in agony as he was nearly cut in half. Desperately, he threw his sword onto the ground. "Please! Mercy!" The badly injured pirate collapsed into a weeping mess on the floor, similar to the one the others had in binds.

Ellya Ellya

The first pass of her home revealed fairly little. For a few moments, it seemed as though Pelor may not be present. That is, until Nima burst into their bedroom, where she found him sitting on the edge of the bed. Now, this was the first time he had been home in almost two days, and it showed; his generally clean-shaven face now bore a bit of stubble, and his generally handsome features were worn down by bags hanging under his eyes. He was only partially dressed, wearing a hastily buttoned overshirt and trousers, and nothing else. Still, the smile he shot her way and the look of recognition in his eyes seemed very genuine... but something was off to Nima's keen senses.

He hadn't been sitting down a few moments before she came in the room. In fact, he had only just sat down when she entered, and she could have sworn his foot swung backwards towards the bed a moment after she entered. The man was taking great pains to avoid putting any weight on his left side, as well, a brief, barely noticeable flash of pain emerging behind behind his eyes, then vanishing as quickly as it disappeared when he moved too much. "Nima! Why are we shouting each others' names?" The smile persisted- goofy and lighthearted, but with a hint of worry in his eyes.​

N i m a

Nima only squinted her eyes and stayed silent. She felt her blood boiling again. This man had her worried without measure and just greeted her as casually as this? She had so many things to say and ask, but spoke none of them. She only continued to take off her armor, a long few minutes of utter silence passing if he didn't say anything. She kept not a stoic, but an angry face, but her lip did tend to tremble at first. She was really considering how to react to this.

Eventually when she was just in her regular attire, she faced him, crossed her arms and threw her hair back. "Tell me." she simply said. She wasn't going to tell him what exactly he should tell her about, because he knew. She wasn't going to share her feelings and worries, because he didn't either. She just stared down at him with her arms crossed like that. He'd definitely be used to this kind of look by now, and she managed to keep a relatively straight face, but she had made up her mind now. Whatever his answer was now would play a huge factor in their future, but she did not let him know those stakes.

Actions Deception: 11

Ja'Ruul looked down at the pirate begging for mercy. With a stern look on his face he looked into the mans eyes, placing his shield on his back "Mercy is for those who understand law and order. Your disease of free will has robbed you of that site. You will see no mercy from me."

With that decree he took his sword in both hands, plunging the blade into the mans chest. He watched the life leave the mans eyes. The runes and gems on the sword glowed. Suddenly, the blood stopped falling. He released the blade from his grip as the blood defied all gravity. Spiraling around the blade and slowly seeping inside the runes.

His hand llgrabbed the reliquary on the chain attached to his hip. Slowly a great deal of the black ickr at the bottom rose up, turning back into pure crimson blood.

When the glowing dies down, every drop of blood was gon from the man. He pulled the blade out and sheathed it, turning and walking towards the group. Once near them he bowed his head "Forgive me for being so rude. I am Ja'Ruul Thrimis. I was sent as reinforcement by Zodge, but it would appear that you all were underrated in your abilities."

D. Rex D. Rex dr xenon dr xenon Idea Idea Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

The man's screaming transformed into a drawn out gurgle before he finally fell still, his corpse left an empty husk. The other pirate's knees gave way as fear overwhelmed him, scrambling to be behind Fallen Dragon.

Ellya Ellya

Pelor's smile faded, replaced within moments by a concerned frown. Intense worry crossed his face, followed by guilt. "Hey, look... I'm sorry. I've been avoiding you and that's not alright." Patting the bed next to him, he invited Nima to sit down. Regardless of whether she accepted the invitation, he continued, setting his jaw and maintaining eye contact as he spoke. There was no dishonesty in his words or expression to be found. "I've just been trying to do something the last week. I can't tell you what. I'm sorry, but I can't. For safety reasons."

The bard laughed slightly, an almost musical sound that even while trying to be serious carried a certain mirthful warmth. "Believe it or not, I was trying to do it where you wouldn't worry about me, and... well, frankly, lying to you about what I'm doing was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's been hard to look you in the eyes." Looking down at her hands, he took notice of the shirt, a blank expression crossing over his face. With a resigned look, he unbuttoned his overshirt, revealing that the inside of the dark fabric was stained with blood. A cloth was raggedly pressed over what looked to be a fairly deep wound. "I was lightly stabbed yesterday, and didn't want to come home in case someone followed me."

N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

She saw Pelor give in. She saw his expression grow more serious and for a second there, she thought she was about to hear the whole truth. Her face softened a bit as well to a more familiar one, from before the days of the riots, and she did actually sit down beside him. But then he said he couldn't tell her anything. The hardened face came right back out of hiding.

She let him finish, but none of his honeyed words seemed to have any effect on her mood anymore. She just wanted the truth, and if he wasn't going to give her that, she didn't care. There was some surprise and even some worry in her eyes when he showed her the wound, but before any of it could be visible for more than a fraction, Nima stood up, turned away and stormed out of the room, really slamming the door shut now.

He'd been acting strangely for so long, and now he was putting himself in danger. Stabbed. Not hit accidentally by a stray sword swipe or a crossbow bolt, Pelor was stabbed. Things were this serious and still he wouldn't tell her what it was about. She felt let down and heartbroken, grinding her teeth while fighting back tears and making her way outside, slamming the front door shut too.

Nima made her way to the forge adjacent to her house and fired it up, gathering some materials for the pending commissions. After a short half hour of resting and thinking on things, she'd start hammering away at her forge. And even if Pelor did come over, she would not say a word to him and do her absolute best to hold back her tears and looks of worry, unless he confessed to exactly what he was up to.

Updates Rolls
    Constitution saving throw vs Exhaustion: 24 (exhaustion retconned)
    Other actions
    none

Last edited:
Ellya Ellya

You saw it before you could leave; he was going to respond, but the door was promptly slammed into his face. When she went downstairs, at first it seemed that Pelor had no intention of following. About twenty minutes later, however, you heard a rap on the doorframe into the shop. Turning, Pelor stood there, arms crossed and leaning against the wood of the door. No smiles this time, just a serious frown. "I'll tell you the whole truth, but understand; nothing you say will get me to stop." It wasn't really meant to be a challenge; more of a warning. He really genuinely seemed to think you shouldn't know what he was about to say.

"Nothing I said before was untrue. I've avoided you because I felt bad about lying, and last night I didn't come home because I was stabbed." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "I bribed my way out the gate to look for my parents. Couldn't find them anywhere." Shifting his weight, his eyes shifted away from hers, but it seemed to be a sign of discomfort, not deceit. "I think they were in Elturel when... whatever happened. No one will give me a straight answer." His shoulders sagged slightly, but then tensed.

"I think the Dead Three cult had something to do with Elturel's disappearance. So, I started asking around a bit. Played dice in the right circles, said the right things." Leaning back on his heels, he shifted his gaze back to hers. "Found a bathhouse with some... strange figures, we'll say, coming in and out. Someone saw me, and, well..." He motioned to his side, where the poorly bandaged wound was still visible. "I went digging, and the place is owned by one Duke Vanthampur. One of those figures coming in and out? Her son, Mortlock. I was going to go there later tonight to see if I could find anything." His eyes settled on hers again. "I wanted to see you. Just in case."

AC After Level Up: 19
HP After Level Up: 20/20

Ja'Ruul sighed and then looked around "Again, forgive me, but I have had much fun and I wish to rest myself a bit. Just to get my beuty rest." He gave a bow, his silken silver hair flowing with his movements perfectly. When he rose from the bow he took his leave to a room in the house.

Ja'Ruul was never much for material things, so he normally saved the money he got for other more useful things down the line. As such, he never spent money on a place to sleep. However, he was not against monetary value. With this in mind he walked back to the man he just killed and started to check him. Pockets, clothing and anything else he could search through. Even the boots. There was nothing really, so he shrugged and walked off.

After that he walked to the sleeping quarters, laying down for a liitle rest. He was not going to sleep, but he still needed the rest. He kicked his boots up, laying his head on his hands. Closing his eyes and taking a small moment to think on his life and what he had seen, just relaxing a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back