• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Azuran City] *✧・゚Mystery at the Valeriana Manor*✧・゚

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Lolory Lolory Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom Voider Voider gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

• mystery of the manor

Eriedeth nods to Glacier as the ice fox leaves. The flower beds would make sense to have a key piece of evidence. She would only hope, however, that Glacier didn't get caught, granted there were a lot of risks involved in this task. Tornado had notably disappeared. At some point, Looking around, Eriedeth noticed him speaking with some maids. He was quick to work. That was a good thing. She hoped for the best. As Lucian offered to join her on the smoking balcony. She replied.

"Alright, then let's go. I don't know how to waltz, so meet you there."

With that, she stood up and began walking towards the balcony. It wasn't a race, she looked around to see who was all at the balcony, but she'd wait for Lucian before talking to anyone.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: leave to the balcony
    Action 2: look around at the guests there
    Action 3: wait for Lucian

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Valeriana Manor)

A Mystery? How befitting of a lord~

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

As Lucian and Eriedeth make their way to the smoking balcony, they soon notice that the halls of the Valeriana are quiet, as most party goers are in the Foyer room, gossiping and partying it up with the richest Azuran has to offer. The further they travel, the more "commoners" they come across as well, people obviously not dressed to the nines like they were. Though what was most peculiar was that a lot of them...were catkin. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say almost all of the common folk who had been invited, or who had come that night to the Valeriana were Catkin's from the city.

The Smoking Balcony was a lone room that actually opened up to a large wrap around porch that hung on the upper floors. Beneath it sat the beautiful, yet enclosed Greenhouse which was also open to a few visitors. In the room, there sat a lone woman dressed in a gorgeous red dress, who lazily sat on one of the many lounge seats. The entire room was filled with a sickly sweet incense smell, and the woman seemed to be holding a long elegant pipe in her hand. She had black cat ears that swiveled in their direction upon the two's arrival. "Oh joy...just when I thought I had finally gotten this place to myself." She said languidly. "You're not here to chase me off are you? Those other rich assholes in the Foyer hate seeing anyone who's 'lowborn' in their with them, even if Madame Oakwell herself is....charitable enough to invite us here." She, like the other Catkin they had passed in the hall, were commoners who had received an invite it seemed. "My name's Carmen, I only got invited because my mother works as one of the kitchen staff in here. I work here too, but I'm usually just one of the maids who clean the various guest rooms." She had a very casual way of speaking, talking to her might not be as suffocating as talking directly to another noble.

The Smoking Balcony.jpg

Voider Voider

Glacier was able to slip away from the crowd in the Foyer, though not without a few amused eyes on him. It seemed a few of the noble's thought that he was perhaps just someones exotic pet going for a stroll, and thus they left him alone as he passed by. Outside of the Valeriana, it was a bit chilly and cold. Many of the noble's and common folk who arrived had come in jackets or scarves. The dining area which sat outside the Valeriana was nearly empty, though as Glacier passed through it, he would notice a sleeping man on a bench, dozing away quietly. It wouldn't hurt to try and check on him after checking out the flower beds. He passed by the man and dining area, to hopefully slip into the flower bed.

Up close, the flower beds were very pretty and emmitted a faint, sweet smell that would make Glacier feel more alert and aware of his surroundings. The valeria flowers were enough to cause the effects of Dreamlite it seemed. Staying near it for too long would perhaps be a bad idea. Nearby, hidden in the grass of the flowerbeds was a small vial that was spilling a mysterious, pink liquid.

Small Vial.jpg

It wasn't close enough for him to grab it, he'd have to go into the bushes to try and retrieve it if he thought it was important enough. Alternatively, a little ways away from the flowerbeds, there were a few bushes that lined the iron gates of the Valeriana Manor. The plasticy material of a black garbage bag poked out from the bushes, inviting someone to come over and look at them.

Trashbag of flowers.jpg

Just as Glacier has arrived to the flower beds, he would also hear the tramp of large boots. A tall man with a shovel slung over his shoulder, muddy overalls, and a dusty cap over two floppy dog ears rounded the corner. He sniffed the air, and though he wouldn't see Glacier yet because of his small size, he knew that there was something in the flower beds. He began to make his way forward, to search. The name 'Mugwort' was messily stitched onto his overalls. He relied more on his nose than his eyes and ears, and as Madame Oakwell had said previously he hated it when anyone touched the flowerbed. It would be wise to not get caught.

Mugwort.jpg

Darkbloom Darkbloom

The two maids giggle into their hands shyly as Tornado approaches. They're nearly identical in their dresses, but they seem approachable and friendly enough. "Oh wow, a Marquess? That's amazing, I've only read about those in novels!" One maid says, before she's nudged by her partner who glares at her a little.

"Daisy! Have a little couth, won't you? We're in front of a Marquess after all." She says to Daisy.

"Sorry, you're right Rose, my mistake..." She apologized to Tornado with a sheepish grin. "What did you want to talk about? Two maids can't possibly be as entertaining as the guests of honor here tonight."

Rose shrugs, "Yeah, we're only here to serve guests and what not. Otherwise, there's no way Madame Oakwell would let us in here. She hates commoners-" Rose slaps a hand across her mouth. "Oh! I uh...I misspoke, The Madame is very kind to us common folk. Please don't tell her I said that!"

It seemed that despite their harmless demeanor, these two maids knew a lot more about the manor than appearances let on. Including it's mysterious owner.

Kuro Nekomata

Kuro walked through the halls of the Valeriana and made her way up the stairs, but was promptly stopped short by a butler. "Excuse me, sir. No commoners on the second floor, as per Madame Oakwell's request." He said, giving Kuro a snide look. "I would suggest other areas...like the library or perhaps the smoking balcony?" Kuro smirked at him with her arms crossed.

"And what if I said I'm not a commoner?" She said. The butler rolled his eyes at her.

"Oh please, Madame Highwater would never invite any kind of...Catkin lady to her party. She has a kind heart, but I fear it's misguided sometimes...do not overstep your place, and quit it with such deceptive words and outfits." He seemed to be deadset on not apologizing about mistaking her for a guy, though that was something that happened pretty frequently. Kuro had grown used to it. What she wasn't used to was such vitriol for Catkin's. Or any kind of Beastkin for that matter! The butler took something out of his pocket then, and shoved it into Kuro's hand. "I'd give you Dreamlite to make you go away, but Madame Oakwell needs a lot of your kind around tonight. So make yourself scarce from these stairways...and keep to the first floor. Understand?" With that rude remark out of the way, the butler turned to leave.

It would seem getting to Oakwell's office would be a lot trickier than imagined. Kuro decided she'd go back down to the Foyer to hopefully meet up with the others once they were done sneaking about. She saw Tornado with the maids, and promptly made her way over to them.

coded by: @s e v e n

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

As Lucian and Eriedeth make their way to the smoking balcony, they soon notice that the halls of the Valeriana are quiet, as most party goers are in the Foyer room, gossiping and partying it up with the richest Azuran has to offer. The further they travel, the more "commoners" they come across as well, people obviously not dressed to the nines like they were. Though what was most peculiar was that a lot of them...were catkin. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say almost all of the common folk who had been invited, or who had come that night to the Valeriana were Catkin's from the city.

The Smoking Balcony was a lone room that actually opened up to a large wrap around porch that hung on the upper floors. Beneath it sat the beautiful, yet enclosed Greenhouse which was also open to a few visitors. In the room, there sat a lone woman dressed in a gorgeous red dress, who lazily sat on one of the many lounge seats. The entire room was filled with a sickly sweet incense smell, and the woman seemed to be holding a long elegant pipe in her hand. She had black cat ears that swiveled in their direction upon the two's arrival. "Oh joy...just when I thought I had finally gotten this place to myself." She said languidly. "You're not here to chase me off are you? Those other rich assholes in the Foyer hate seeing anyone who's 'lowborn' in their with them, even if Madame Oakwell herself is....charitable enough to invite us here." She, like the other Catkin they had passed in the hall, were commoners who had received an invite it seemed. "My name's Carmen, I only got invited because my mother works as one of the kitchen staff in here. I work here too, but I'm usually just one of the maids who clean the various guest rooms." She had a very casual way of speaking, talking to her might not be as suffocating as talking directly to another noble.

Voider Voider

Glacier was able to slip away from the crowd in the Foyer, though not without a few amused eyes on him. It seemed a few of the noble's thought that he was perhaps just someones exotic pet going for a stroll, and thus they left him alone as he passed by. Outside of the Valeriana, it was a bit chilly and cold. Many of the noble's and common folk who arrived had come in jackets or scarves. The dining area which sat outside the Valeriana was nearly empty, though as Glacier passed through it, he would notice a sleeping man on a bench, dozing away quietly. It wouldn't hurt to try and check on him after checking out the flower beds. He passed by the man and dining area, to hopefully slip into the flower bed.

Up close, the flower beds were very pretty and emmitted a faint, sweet smell that would make Glacier feel more alert and aware of his surroundings. The valeria flowers were enough to cause the effects of Dreamlite it seemed. Staying near it for too long would perhaps be a bad idea. Nearby, hidden in the grass of the flowerbeds was a small vial that was spilling a mysterious, pink liquid. It wasn't close enough for him to grab it, he'd have to go into the bushes to try and retrieve it if he thought it was important enough. Alternatively, a little ways away from the flowerbeds, there were a few bushes that lined the iron gates of the Valeriana Manor. The plasticy material of a black garbage bag poked out from the bushes, inviting someone to come over and look at them.

Just as Glacier has arrived to the flower beds, he would also hear the tramp of large boots. A tall man with a shovel slung over his shoulder, muddy overalls, and a dusty cap over two floppy dog ears rounded the corner. He sniffed the air, and though he wouldn't see Glacier yet because of his small size, he knew that there was something in the flower beds. He began to make his way forward, to search. The name 'Mugwort' was messily stitched onto his overalls. He relied more on his nose than his eyes and ears, and as Madame Oakwell had said previously he hated it when anyone touched the flowerbed. It would be wise to not get caught.

Darkbloom Darkbloom

The two maids giggle into their hands shyly as Tornado approaches. They're nearly identical in their dresses, but they seem approachable and friendly enough. "Oh wow, a Marquess? That's amazing, I've only read about those in novels!" One maid says, before she's nudged by her partner who glares at her a little.

"Daisy! Have a little couth, won't you? We're in front of a Marquess after all." She says to Daisy.

"Sorry, you're right Rose, my mistake..." She apologized to Tornado with a sheepish grin. "What did you want to talk about? Two maids can't possibly be as entertaining as the guests of honor here tonight."

Rose shrugs, "Yeah, we're only here to serve guests and what not. Otherwise, there's no way Madame Oakwell would let us in here. She hates commoners-" Rose slaps a hand across her mouth. "Oh! I uh...I misspoke, The Madame is very kind to us common folk. Please don't tell her I said that!"

It seemed that despite their harmless demeanor, these two maids knew a lot more about the manor than appearances let on. Including it's mysterious owner.

Kuro Nekomata

Kuro walked through the halls of the Valeriana and made her way up the stairs, but was promptly stopped short by a butler. "Excuse me, sir. No commoners on the second floor, as per Madame Oakwell's request." He said, giving Kuro a snide look. "I would suggest other areas...like the library or perhaps the smoking balcony?" Kuro smirked at him with her arms crossed.

"And what if I said I'm not a commoner?" She said. The butler rolled his eyes at her.

"Oh please, Madame Highwater would never invite any kind of...Catkin lady to her party. She has a kind heart, but I fear it's misguided sometimes...do not overstep your place, and quit it with such deceptive words and outfits." He seemed to be deadset on not apologizing about mistaking her for a guy, though that was something that happened pretty frequently. Kuro had grown used to it. What she wasn't used to was such vitriol for Catkin's. Or any kind of Beastkin for that matter! The butler took something out of his pocket then, and shoved it into Kuro's hand. "I'd give you Dreamlite to make you go away, but Madame Oakwell needs a lot of your kind around tonight. So make yourself scarce from these stairways...and keep to the first floor. Understand?" With that rude remark out of the way, the butler turned to leave.

It would seem getting to Oakwell's office would be a lot trickier than imagined. Kuro decided she'd go back down to the Foyer to hopefully meet up with the others once they were done sneaking about.

Lucian and Eriedeth: Met Carmen(NPC) in the Smoking Balcony.

Glacier: Went near the Flower beds and became slightly affected by the Valeria. Found 2 clues-A vial (connected to the Greenhouse) and a trashbag in the bushes (Connected to the Greenhouse). Mugwort is in the Gardens, and searching to find him.

Tornado: Talked to the maids in the foyer(NPC), learned that Madame Oakwell isn't as nice as she seems.

Kuro: Tried going to the Second floor, learned it was cut off from Commoners and Catkin's specifically. Learned that Madame Oakwell "needs a lot of Catkin's around tonight" for some reason. Went back to the Foyer with Tornado and the maids.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Lolory Lolory gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

• mystery of the manor

"Hello Mrs. Carmen..."

Eriedeth greeted her, she wasn't sure what kind of act Lucian was going to try, but Eriedeth wasn't the best actress. The engineer didn't even know how to act properly at all, nor was she close enough to people to understand everyday mannerisms and etiquette. But what she could do was keep it as she did during her journey. Whether it had been back in the Eastern Empire or during her time in the Western Empire, she kept with the truth...albeit a vague telling of the truth, vague enough for people to naturally come to their own conclusions. Eriedeth sat down in one of the chairs where the Squirrel beastkin spoke.

"I'm not going to chase you out, I'm not even nobility myself. I'm an engineer. The only reason I got invited was thanks to a friend...she even lended me a dress of hers."

It was vague, to the point and not a lie. Or well... Aloe was more of an acquaintance. Eriedeth kept patting the skirt of her dress as if hoping it would make her feel more comfortable in it. She was not going to wear a dress like this ever again after the night was all said and done. She asked the raven-haired beast, going by a shortened version of her name.

"My name is Erie. How has your night been going?"

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: sit down in a seat
    Action 2: attempt to strike up a conversation with Carmen

Glacier

Top Hat.png

Stepping into the flowerbeds, Glacier looked around in curiosity, wondering if he'd actually find anything here. That question was answered nearly immediately, as he noticed two things obviously out of place; a trash bag with flowers, and a leaking vial. It seemed that Oakwell wasn't exactly good at hiding evidence, or whoever worked for her, at least.

Speaking of whoever worked for her, Glacier whipped his head around and ducked as he heard someone approach the area; after a quick look, it seemed that this was the Mugwort mentioned before. Deciding that it was best to gather what evidence he could and leave, Glacier darted forward into the bushes and towards the vial, slightly startled by his own abrupt action; the thought that these valeria flowers may be affecting him was concerning, but there was a more important matter.

Reaching for the vial, and with no other option, Glacier grabbed it with his jaws of ice. No sooner had he done so, when he began a sprint out of the bushes, attempting to leave the flowerbeds quickly to avoid Mugwort.

Assuming all went well, he'd try to make his way back to the dining area, and towards the sleeping man. Vial still in mouth, Glacier sat on his haunches, contemplating the situation. He had no need the bother the man, but there was also the possibility of gathering information, and speaking to the nobles seemed like it would be a less pleasant experience...

Opting to at least try, Glacier would reach a paw up to tap the man's leg. "Excuse me, sir... I apologize for waking you up..." He began quietly; what would be a good and non-suspicious excuse for information? "...but do you know what this is?" He asked, pointing a paw at the vial in his jaws.

"During my walk, I found it in the flowerbeds... laying on the ground. It seems... important." Asking a random person about a probably-drug vial wasn't exactly subtle, but it seemed like the most reasonable and "innocent" question available. As long as Glacier acted ignorant, then hopefully he could garner some more knowledge and leave without being questioned.

Last edited:
helio niccolo.jpg

As he watches one maid scolding the other, he holds up a hand and laughs. "Ladies, no need to be formal with me. I would absolutely love to be on a first name basis with you. As such, my name is Helio. You needn't worry about Madame Oakwell. She won't hear about anything we talk about." It was no surprise to him, hearing how she hates commoners. He has yet to meet a noble that has a favorable view of them after all. "I want to ask about what you know of the manor itself, as well as the madame..." He takes a moment to deter anyone potentially listening in with a fierce glare before turning back to the maids. "Daisy and Rose... I'm not a botanist in the slightest bit, but those are both names of well-liked flowers are they not? Pardon me, I'm getting a little off track. Let's continue speaking about what I asked earlier." His posture was open and inviting to any kind of useful information the maids knew.

Lucian grinned and chatted casually with the commoner catkin folk as they wandered through the house on their way to the Smoking Lounge. It was odd to see such disparity on a room-by-room basis. Especially for an evening party. Leaning in towards Erie, Lucian said in a low voice, "I've been to a cat bar or two in my day, so maybe there was a similar fetish at foot here." Then he chuckled at his own bad joke and entered the lone room.

"You know, I had thought this was the Smoking Room, not the Smoking Room." He inhaled the sickly sweet incense. "Odd, usually there's dark paneled wood and cigar smoke. Then his eyes caught on the lady smoking the elegant pipe, "Of course, only such a ravishing beauty could give rise to such a sweet aroma. Is that cherry wood infused tobacco?" Walking closer Lucian bowed low, "Lucian Fortuna, not quite a noble yet, but I could buy my way in if I wasn't so content being a noble bastard." Tapping his chin for a second he smiled, lighting his pipe and easing into a chair, "Are you for conversation or solitude?"

OOC:

Lucian uses Game Master: Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Effectiveness 9; Intelligence B5, Wealth E2, Gaming E2). Insight E, Gaming E, Sleight of Hand E. He has keen insight into all games and excels at those games of chance most of all; however, no games are purely chance. Reading ones opponents is a key part of success. Able to see and understand his opponent, predict their next moves, and excel at games.

Pierre Francois Rothael -> Lolory Lolory / Aloe
IMG_0985.jpeg

———————

|Flashback|

In truth, choosing an alternative outfit to distinct himself away from his usual looks had proven rather difficult for François. He was no fashionista, nor was he sure in any form how to look as important as someone of high regards in the term or social hierarchy enough to really navigate their destination fully. For what it was worth though, removing unnecessary tools from his person alongside placing his military badges in a pocket seemed to help.

“Hm.. I really should’ve asked Aloe if she had anything inconspicuous..” He muttered, passing his eyes over yet another suit that he didn’t fancy.. He then passed a mirror, and backtracked to observe himself for a bit.. Oddly, to his mind, he felt slightly younger as he hadn’t remembered his hair being that long before, well, his time had supposedly come. He further examined his facial features before they came to rest on his facial hair for a few seconds.. That’s when an idea came about.

“A-ha!” He perked up, and turned back from the array of clothing and faced Aloe with a hopeful question:
“Pardon, Madame Aloe, but do you happen to have a razor blade somewhere in your residence? I’ve got an idea!” A toothy grin accompanied his voice…
|Flashback End|

That had been what transpired in the case of Francois, whom instead of partaking in a drastic outfit change, opted in subtle yet major differences made to himself by shaving his mustache clean. Subsequently, François settled on a hat as well after a brief 2nd browse of Aloe’s wardrobe, so one could say he took a page from Glacier’s book. The ride on the carriage, while significantly more bumpy than he anticipated, had rather gone along peacefully in thought. Maybe if he ends up returning to Aruzan after this, he could offer to install suspension to make her carriage run smoother to repay Aloe’s generosity..

It was then that the group had arrived, and to put it in mind, François started to have an inkling of a thought that he probably should’ve changed clothes, as blue was probably not gonna be a color that didn’t stand out in this gold and marble swirl of a manor. The vast diversity of the Nobles’ outfits and the quantity of them didn’t seem to help either. So to try head towards an area less crowded, and promptly less likely to get himself thrown in a gas infested trenchline without a mask, François sought in the direction of the Library.

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Valeriana Manor)

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Carmen relaxed in the presence of new company, and even smiled as Eriedeth sat in a chair. She eyed the both of them, "Oh, so we're all common folk here, I see. Well, most of us anyways..." She said looking pointedly at Lucien. "I could use some kind of conversation, so why not? This smoke room isn't just for tobacco you know. Have you heard of Dreamlite? It's what all the nobles are obsessed with at the moment." She held the long pipe up a bit. "I'm even having a bit of it myself...It certainly makes staying awake easier."

Upon Lucien covertly using his ability to read others, he'd notice that Carmen was not quite as sober as she first appeared to be when they entered the Smoking Balcony. However, instead of the usual signs of drinking too much wine, Carmen's eyes were far too wide and alert, as if she couldn't miss anything in that dark room. Carmen patted her dress absently as if searching for something. She sighed, "Oh darn...I seem to have misplaced my handkerchief. I think it was last in the Greenhouse? I visited it earlier before coming here for a bit. I'm also almost out of Dreamlite, too." She became more agitated as she tapped some of the old ash out of her pipe. "I'd offer you both some, but my stash has run dry, sorry. I only got mine from a nobleman who seemed keen on handing it out to some of the catkins that were invited."

Voider Voider

Glacier was able to successfully escape Mugwort's nose, yet the groundskeeper decided to continue guarding the flowerbeds as he sniffed the air with a scowl. Someone had been there, but he didn't see them now. He stayed near the flower bed, aimlessly patrolling it as he surveyed the party. He noticed Glacier and the sleeping man by the dining area, and his eyes narrowed in on the small fox. Returning to the Garden might not be as easy as it was before...

The Gardens.jpg
In the dining area, the sleeping man opened his eyes blearily and looked down at the small fox with an annoyed look. "Oh you silly fox, did you have to wake me? I was having a really great dream!" He said as he yawned and sat up. His suit was a mess, and very rumbled as if he had just got out of bed fully dressed. His hair was ruffled, and tiredness seeped from his entire being, but he had a lazy smile on his face as he spotted the vial in Glacier's mouth. "Hey! That's my vial of Dreamlite! Man, I can't believe I dropped it... You found it in the flowerbeds? Of course! I did pass through there recently, now that I remember." He said taking the small vial. He frowned, "Ah, there's not much left anyways. You can have the rest, you're pretty small so it should take effect if you drink the rest. I have a ton more anyways." He patted his clothing, as if looking for something and then his frown deepened. "Dammit! Was that my last vial? How many did I have...? I'll have to beg Oakwell for more." He muttered this last part to himself, completely forgetting Glacier was there, until he noticed the small fox again and his eyes widened. "Uh! Don't go telling everyone about this whole 'Dreamlite' thing, okay? It's not exactly...'legal' yet so if anyone were to really find out I had any at this party, it'll be over for me!"
Darkbloom Darkbloom , Kuro Nekomata
Daisy and Rose seemed to relax, though once Kuro had joined Tornado (or rather "Helio's") side, they stiffened a little. "Oh wow, two nobles? This is nerve wracking..." Daisy said. "But I suppose we could tell you a little about what we've heard around the Manor."
"It's mostly pointless gossip though, so don't repeat it all over the place!" Rose said with a scolding finger. "But I heard that Madame Oakwell...
only invited Lord Hyacinth because she needs to do important business with him tonight! And, that this whole party is just for that occasion."
"That seems to check out from what I've seen so far...By the way, what's upstairs?" Kuro asked. "I wanted a glorious view up in the Smoking Balcony, but I was oh so rudely told to go away!"
Rose and Daisy blanched, "Oh dear, we're sorry...But Catkin's aren't really allowed to go upstairs. It's Madame Oakwell's personal rule." Daisy explained. "She's asked us to keep all Catkin visitors downstairs and out in the open foyer for some odd reason. It feels a little strange, I don't have anything against Beastkin. But Madame Oakwell seems to be uh...not quite as welcoming to them."
Rose scoffed, "Nonsense,
I saw a Catkin woman sneak her way up to the smoking Balcony a few hours prior. But I didn't say anything, I mean I also don't have anything against Catkins...I'm sure it'll be fine, but maybe you could sneak your way into places? Not that we'd advise that or anything!"
"Oh totally, we're definitely not advising it."
"It's uh...just a suggestion I suppose? Yes, yes, a suggestion. So all guests can adequeatly enjoy their time in Valeriana Manor!"

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

1705176851149.png
The library is a very small and quaint room with a large window that overlooks the front of the Manor. One can see the gardens and dining area from here if they stand close to it. It's warm, and a bit dusty, but all together it's not quite as fancy as the rest of the manor is surprisingly.
Standing there in the darkened library is a man with gray hair and a kind face. He greets Pierre with a slight bow. "Good evening, sir. I'm Foxglove, the butler here at Valeriana Manor. How can I assist you today? Are you here to peruse the books?" He clears his throat, "Oh I must implore you to not use any...substances while in the Library. It can ruin the books, you see."

The Library.jpg

Lucian and Eriedeth: Spoke with Carmen(NPC) in the Smoking Balcony. She's missing her Handkerchief, it might be in the Greenhouse. Mentioned a nobleman handing Dreamlite out to Catkin's.
Tornado and Kuro: Spoke with the Daisy and Rose(NPC) in the Foyer. Learned that Madame Oakwell instructed them to keep all Catkin visitors downstairs. "Suggested" sneaking around to get upstairs, like Carmen(NPC) did.

Glacier: Escaped the gardens without Mugwort's notice (he's now patrolling the Flowerbeds...) Spoke with the Sleeping Man(NPC) and found his vial of Dreamlite for him. Learned that Dreamlite 'isn't legal' yet, and can ruin a noble's reputation.

Pierre: Spoke with Foxglove (NPC) in the Library. Learned that Dreamlite isn't allowed there.

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Carmen relaxed in the presence of new company, and even smiled as Eriedeth sat in a chair. She eyed the both of them, "Oh, so we're all common folk here, I see. Well, most of us anyways..." She said looking pointedly at Lucien. "I could use some kind of conversation, so why not? This smoke room isn't just for tobacco you know. Have you heard of Dreamlite? It's what all the nobles are obsessed with at the moment." She held the long pipe up a bit. "I'm even having a bit of it myself...It certainly makes staying awake easier."

Upon Lucien covertly using his ability to read others, he'd notice that Carmen was not quite as sober as she first appeared to be when they entered the Smoking Balcony. However, instead of the usual signs of drinking too much wine, Carmen's eyes were far too wide and alert, as if she couldn't miss anything in that dark room. Carmen patted her dress absently as if searching for something. She sighed, "Oh darn...I seem to have misplaced my handkerchief. I think it was last in the Greenhouse? I visited it earlier before coming here for a bit. I'm also almost out of Dreamlite, too." She became more agitated as she tapped some of the old ash out of her pipe. "I'd offer you both some, but my stash has run dry, sorry. I only got mine from a nobleman who seemed keen on handing it out to some of the catkins that were invited."

Voider Voider

Glacier was able to successfully escape Mugwort's nose, yet the groundskeeper decided to continue guarding the flowerbeds as he sniffed the air with a scowl. Someone had been there, but he didn't see them now. He stayed near the flower bed, aimlessly patrolling it as he surveyed the party. He noticed Glacier and the sleeping man by the dining area, and his eyes narrowed in on the small fox. Returning to the Garden might not be as easy as it was before...

The Gardens.jpg
In the dining area, the sleeping man opened his eyes blearily and looked down at the small fox with an annoyed look. "Oh you silly fox, did you have to wake me? I was having a really great dream!" He said as he yawned and sat up. His suit was a mess, and very rumbled as if he had just got out of bed fully dressed. His hair was ruffled, and tiredness seeped from his entire being, but he had a lazy smile on his face as he spotted the vial in Glacier's mouth. "Hey! That's my vial of Dreamlite! Man, I can't believe I dropped it... You found it in the flowerbeds? Of course! I did pass through there recently, now that I remember." He said taking the small vial. He frowned, "Ah, there's not much left anyways. You can have the rest, you're pretty small so it should take effect if you drink the rest. I have a ton more anyways." He patted his clothing, as if looking for something and then his frown deepened. "Dammit! Was that my last vial? How many did I have...? I'll have to beg Oakwell for more." He muttered this last part to himself, completely forgetting Glacier was there, until he noticed the small fox again and his eyes widened. "Uh! Don't go telling everyone about this whole 'Dreamlite' thing, okay? It's not exactly...'legal' yet so if anyone were to really find out I had any at this party, it'll be over for me!"
Darkbloom Darkbloom , Kuro Nekomata
Daisy and Rose seemed to relax, though once Kuro had joined Tornado (or rather "Helio's") side, they stiffened a little. "Oh wow, two nobles? This is nerve wracking..." Daisy said. "But I suppose we could tell you a little about what we've heard around the Manor."

"It's mostly pointless gossip though, so don't repeat it all over the place!" Rose said with a scolding finger. "But I heard that Madame Oakwell...
only invited Lord Hyacinth because she needs to do important business with him tonight! And, that this whole party is just for that occasion."

"That seems to check out from what I've seen so far...By the way, what's upstairs?" Kuro asked. "I wanted a glorious view up in the Smoking Balcony, but I was oh so rudely told to go away!"
Rose and Daisy blanched, "Oh dear, we're sorry...But Catkin's aren't really allowed to go upstairs. It's Madame Oakwell's personal rule." Daisy explained. "She's asked us to keep all Catkin visitors downstairs and out in the open foyer for some odd reason. It feels a little strange, I don't have anything against Beastkin. But Madame Oakwell seems to be uh...not quite as welcoming to them."

Rose scoffed, "Nonsense,
I saw a Catkin woman sneak her way up to the smoking Balcony a few hours prior. But I didn't say anything, I mean I also don't have anything against Catkins...I'm sure it'll be fine, but maybe you could sneak your way into places? Not that we'd advise that or anything!"
"Oh totally, we're definitely not advising it."
"It's uh...just a suggestion I suppose? Yes, yes, a suggestion. So all guests can adequeatly enjoy their time in Valeriana Manor!"

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

1705176851149.png
The library is a very small and quaint room with a large window that overlooks the front of the Manor. One can see the gardens and dining area from here if they stand close to it. It's warm, and a bit dusty, but all together it's not quite as fancy as the rest of the manor is surprisingly.
Standing there in the darkened library is a man with gray hair and a kind face. He greets Pierre with a slight bow. "Good evening, sir. I'm Foxglove, the butler here at Valeriana Manor. How can I assist you today? Are you here to peruse the books?" He clears his throat, "Oh I must implore you to not use any...substances while in the Library. It can ruin the books, you see."

The Library.jpg

[/font][/border][/border][/border]

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Voider Voider Lolory Lolory Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom

• Clues of many! It's almost as if Oakwell wants to get caught

Eriedeth winced a bit at the mention of Dreamlite, no wonder there were so many catkins at the party. She remembered what Mrs.Veradana said about it...this substance was in no way good in shape or form. And it was beginning to effect the commoners who worked at the mansion, to boot. At the mention of her handkerchief. There was her opening to the green house that Eriedeth had been hoping for. It felt like it was handed out on a silver platter, but she'd take it. With that, the squirrel-kin sat up. She told Carmen.

"Then I will go grab it for you if you don't mind. I'll be back in a moment...I'm sure Mr. Lucian will be a good conversationalist while I'm away."

For a brief moment Eriedeth's eyes flickered to Lucian. She had tried to imply he should keep the conversation going. Carmen, regardless if she notices or not, is giving them the evidence they need. Perhaps he would be skilled enough at procuring more information from the beast. Eriedeth used [heightened sense:smell [F] ] to try to get Carmen's smell and then left. When she entered the green house she made an attempt to act like a loof as she looked for the handkerchief, trying to sniff it out.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: tell Carmen that she'll get her handkerchief
    Action 2: use [Hightened sense: smell [F] ] to get Carmen's scent
    Action 3: try to use that scent to track the handkerchief in the green house
    ---
    Skills used:
    Hightened sense:smell [F]

Last edited:
Very interesting. It looks like the place he'll go next is the smoking balcony. He never liked or enjoyed smoking, so he largely stays away from it. But if there's things to be learned by going up there, then he will have a social smoke with whoever he happens to encounter. "Well, then! Rose, Daisy. Very good to meet the both of you. I unfortunately left my gold coin bag at home so I can't leave you with a wonderful tip. Have a good rest of your night, there's somewhere I need to be." He nods briefly at the maids and at Kuro, then heads off to the upper floor where the smoking balcony is. After all, a marquess who isn't a catkin would be welcomed up there. "This is getting to be more and more fun by the moment! I can't help but wonder who I'll run into up there?"

Upon Lucien covertly using his ability to read others, he'd notice that Carmen was not quite as sober as she first appeared to be when they entered the Smoking Balcony. However, instead of the usual signs of drinking too much wine, Carmen's eyes were far too wide and alert, as if she couldn't miss anything in that dark room.

Lucian pursed his lips only briefly, it was not like him to have a tell, but in social situations being entirely robotic was its own poor choice. He tried to recall the effects of Dreamlite and for some reason he kept thinking of catnip from his past life. Was this some kind of magically enhanced catnip? They couldn't talk to cats to find out and neither had it been of such scientific curiosity that the scientists had researched if, at least he'd never read about it online. But that's where things went awry. If Madame Oakwell wanted to get Lord Hyacinth's approval, and Lord Hyacinth must be a rare man of integrity or at least challenging to leverage -- This was Azarath after all, everyone was corrupt in one way or another in this city -- why invite the entire cast of Cats to get high and amble around upstairs. Or was Lord Hyacinth into catkin...Lucian pursed his lips, many online had a desire for ears and a tail and it seemed like this secondlife catered to such kinks by serving them up in reality. Assuming any of this was real.

If he treated this like a detective novel, he would lose the game. He needed to think about this as a game closer to Settlers of Catan, some sort of shared co-operative game until the winner took all. What were the angles? What were the pieces. These catkin were the biggest and most obvious ones. Madame Oakwell hated them or seemed to have a disdain for her best paying customers, but then again must drug dealers looked down upon those who grew addicted to their drugs. A weakness of will perhaps.

"I could use some kind of conversation, so why not? This smoke room isn't just for tobacco you know. Have you heard of Dreamlite? It's what all the nobles are obsessed with at the moment." She held the long pipe up a bit. "I'm even having a bit of it myself...It certainly makes staying awake easier."

"Fascinating my dear lady. What a truly delightful substances. Tell me what it feels like and how we can get more?"

Carmen patted her dress absently as if searching for something. She sighed, "Oh darn...I seem to have misplaced my handkerchief. I think it was last in the Greenhouse? I visited it earlier before coming here for a bit. I'm also almost out of Dreamlite, too." She became more agitated as she tapped some of the old ash out of her pipe.

"It would be a pity for the smoking room to go without smoke." Lucian said, sitting down to light a pipe with a small magician's trick. He chose the cherry wood infused tobacco and took a long draw, puffing out a few smoke rings as he considered.

"I'd offer you both some, but my stash has run dry, sorry. I only got mine from a nobleman who seemed keen on handing it out to some of the catkins that were invited."

Lucian brightened, "Well now, with your dashing good looks and my bulging purse, I'm sure we could fix that problem." Lucian took a few more puffs of his pipe in silent contemplation, "That is," he said, turning and as he did making his pipe disappear. "If you'd do my the pleasure of escorting me to this nobleman."

"Then I will go grab it for you if you don't mind. I'll be back in a moment...I'm sure Mr. Lucian will be a good conversationalist while I'm away."

For a brief moment Eriedeth's eyes flickered to Lucian. She had tried to imply he should keep the conversation going. Carmen, regardless if she notices or not, is giving them the evidence they need. Perhaps he would be skilled enough at procuring more information from the beast.

For a brief moment he thought Eriedeth wanted to grab the drugs, but Lucian chuckled and nodded. "Of course, luckily this isn't a horror movie, otherwise I would advise against splitting up. As it is, good luck Eriedeth, I shall carry on with the beautiful lady and our quest for more dru...dreamlite."

1) Lucian uses [Finding an Edge] to get a better understanding of what's going on all the angles of the situation, including finding the Dreamlite Drug dealer.
2) Lucian chats up Carmen, win her over and pump her for information and introductions to her drug dealer.
3) Lucian spends 1 Luck point to find the drug dealer and get more dreamlite. I'm hoping to find someone I can bribe with Wealth E, which isn't much to most nobles but could be to a middle person.

Finding an Edge: Grade E/E/F - 0 Post Cooldown. Int A6, Appraisal D3, Lucky E2, Insight E. Lucian uses his insight into his opponents and the pieces on the board, to appraise and understand the abilities and dynamics of each opponent and the web of relationships between them. He uses Lucky E (spending 1 point) to boost his odds of finding an advantage or edge in the situation. This ability is supposed by his grade-A intelligence.

Lucky D (Char C-Grade) [21pts]. In 6 posts per rp character can choose to have a good outcome as the result of a post they made. Ex: Jack lobs a fireball into a bandit camp. Due to Lucky, the fireball which would normally not be able to affect the entire camp had its effective range expanded due to hitting an explosive reserve stored in the camp. Mechanically, it will also add 1 or more points to character's effectiveness score in performing an action that uses Lucky as part of the action. Ultimate amount of good outcomes and mechanical benefits is left to narrator discretion. At a minimum, their action should avoid worst outcome. Easiest way to handle this may involve adding in mechanical +1 for any narrative situations that may be possible to go in the character's favor. Lucky bonus only applies when character is 'behind' in effectiveness.

Glacier

Top Hat.png

Glacier was quite surprised at the casual and calm response to his presence; then again, the man seemed to be thoroughly tired and... well, very drugged, simply put. "Then, I shall keep it... thank you for your generosity." Though Glacier had no intention to consume it, if he even could, it was a valuable piece of evidence. "I shall not bother you any longer, so I will take my leave... farewell." So Oakwell was handing these illegal drugs out? It was as Aloe suspected, then, except now he had testimony to go along with the evidence; though, considering the man wouldn't want to incriminate himself, the value of the testimony was arguable.

Regardless, there was still more work to be done, and it seemed Glacier had attracted some unwanted attention at the flowerbeds. So, beginning to turn around, he made to leave; however, a couple yards forward, Glacier stopped and turned his head back towards the man. "I would advise... that you do not fall down the trap of addiction." Though that wasn't exactly profound advice, he thought he'd at least try to dissuade the man.

Leaving the dining area, Glacier pondered where to go next. The vial in his mouth was obvious, which wasn't good, so he'd need to pass it on to one of the others to hold. Eriedeth had mentioned that she may sneak into the greenhouse, so that's one person Glacier could meet up with; but that was only a possibility, and it being a greenhouse, he deemed such a course only for an emergency

That left the smoking balcony and the ballroom, of which the the former seemed more viable. Glacier wasn't keen on staying indoors during this wonderful winter night, and there was likely to be at least one of the others at the balcony, given earlier planning; so, quickly making up his mind, Glacier began a trot towards the smoking balcony, hoping to hand off the vial of Dreamlite in his jaws before being noticed.

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

1705176851149.png
François Rothæl ->> Foxglove / Lolory Lolory
————————————————

In hindsight, Pierre would’ve expected the Library to be as lavish as the rest of the house, though that was his mind talking for him in prior experiences before you-know-what happened. Briefly, his eyes scanned over the inventory of books held there, although some were lightly caked with dust. Seems there hasn’t been much care given to this area.. A shame.. From where he was standing, the window’s view was notably pretty, given it loomed over the supposed Dining area from where his eyes led. It was then that he was approached by a young man with white hair, dressed to fit the sophistication of the manor. After he spoke, Pierre bowed in return to give respect.

“Greetings, Sir Foxglove, I just happened to come across this area, but I may consider having a look.”

His mind traced back a bit.. ‘Substances..? He must mean that drug..’ He then decided to ask more on that.

“Substances? Oh, you happen to mean this ‘Dreamlite’ medicine? No worries sir, I don’t have any on me. But if I may inquire, does it stain the books? Or ruins them in different ways?”

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Aloe's Townhome)

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Voider Voider Darkbloom Darkbloom

Carmen leisurely smoked her pipe as she replied to Lucian, "You'd have to run in pretty high circles to get a lot of Dreamlite...but I hear that tonight, Madame Oakwell invited a lot of Catkin because she wants to introduce it to the public. It has different effects on both Catkin and Humans, however. Most Beastkin feel 'awake' and energetic when they take it, and I've heard that the men who work down at the docks have been taking some to be more 'productive' so to speak. Though I heard things have slowed down...ever since their boss croaked from a mysterious illness. She's a widow now, poor thing. Some think he took too much Dreamlite and that's what did him in." Of course, none of this is really 'legal' so Oakwell keeps it under wraps. She uses more back alley ways to sell the drug to commoners, which is how those men at the docks got their hands on it anyways. Though you might be able to buy some from the staff. There's a butler who's always standing guard near the spiral staircase, you might've passed him on your way here. He stops catkins from going up, but if you're a noble you can slip him a few coin and he'll give you a vial or two. As for me, I got my vial from a nice man in the dining area."

She smoked her pipe again as the door to the Smoking Balcony opened, and two more visitors entered. "Oh my, it seems my quiet little spot is growing more and more lively as the night drags on. Hello, you two. Welcome." She had to crane her neck downward to spot the little ice fox. "Hm, how strange...? Are you a noble or a noble's pet of some kind?"
She spotted the vial in Glacier's mouth with a raised brow, "I didn't think someone as small as you would be interested in Dreamlite...it'd be best not to take too much now." She said, as she assumed the vial that was almost empty belonged to him.

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The Greenhouse.jpg

The Greenhouse was dark and gloomy, with silver moonlight streaming down below from the glass dome ceiling. It was crowded with plants and trees all situated in their respective pots and plots of land. However, what was very curious about the Greenhouse was that there were no Valeria flowers to be found at all. The air inside was very warm and muggy compared to the crisp winter wind from outside. As Eiredeth entered, she would be able to slowly locate Carmen's handkerchief, but it wasn't the only thing in the Greenhouse.
A little ways in the back sat a wooden shed who's door was still slightly open, she could easily slip inside to take a peek in it's dark interior. And sitting leaned against that shed were hedge clippers that were stained with a strange pink substance. As time ticked by, a sound came from nearby, the clomp of heavy boots. Mugwort's tall figure appeared farther in the Greenhouse, Eiredeth would be able to see him, but the tall foliage near her was thankfully blocking her from view. However, she was not the only one with an impressive nose.
Mugwort stood far from the shed as he sniffed the air and his eyes narrowed. "Is someone in here...?" He asked in his gruff voice. Getting the handkerchief would be easy enough, sneaking by would not...

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Kuro Nekomata

Foxglove looked surprised, "Oh? I would've thought every noble in Azuran that was invited tonight was doped up on that awful drug...But if you must know, Dreamlite stains horribly. It leaves a garish pink stain on anything it spills on. So I try hard not to get any of it on the books." Just as he spoke, the door to the library was opened and Kuro walked in before spotting Pierre and Foxglove.

"Oh wow, I just keep bumping into polite company everywhere I go, it seems! I guess the party's very lively." She said. Foxglove bowed to her as she entered, though Kuro simply waved which was very un-lordly of her. "And you? How are you enjoying the party? I wanted to go for a smoke, but I'm 'not allowed' upstairs per the ears." She pointed at her two black cat ears on her head.
"Apologies, ma'am. The Madame doesn't hold very fond opinions of Catkins...Though I can assure you, this is a safe space for everyone. The library is open to all." Foxglove said with a kind smile. "Well...it's welcome to all who are cleanly at least. That Groundskeeper she touts around can never step foot in here. Besides, he practically lives in the Greenhouse. I never see him unless we're being called upon for a meeting by the Madame."

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Voider Voider Darkbloom Darkbloom

Carmen leisurely smoked her pipe as she replied to Lucian, "You'd have to run in pretty high circles to get a lot of Dreamlite...but I hear that tonight, Madame Oakwell invited a lot of Catkin because she wants to introduce it to the public. It has different effects on both Catkin and Humans, however. Most Beastkin feel 'awake' and energetic when they take it, and I've heard that the men who work down at the docks have been taking some to be more 'productive' so to speak. Though I heard things have slowed down...ever since their boss croaked from a mysterious illness. She's a widow now, poor thing. Some think he took too much Dreamlite and that's what did him in." Of course, none of this is really 'legal' so Oakwell keeps it under wraps. She uses more back alley ways to sell the drug to commoners, which is how those men at the docks got their hands on it anyways. Though you might be able to buy some from the staff. There's a butler who's always standing guard near the spiral staircase, you might've passed him on your way here. He stops catkins from going up, but if you're a noble you can slip him a few coin and he'll give you a vial or two. As for me, I got my vial from a nice man in the dining area."

She smoked her pipe again as the door to the Smoking Balcony opened, and two more visitors entered. "Oh my, it seems my quiet little spot is growing more and more lively as the night drags on. Hello, you two. Welcome." She had to crane her neck downward to spot the little ice fox. "Hm, how strange...? Are you a noble or a noble's pet of some kind?"
She spotted the vial in Glacier's mouth with a raised brow, "I didn't think someone as small as you would be interested in Dreamlite...it'd be best not to take too much now." She said, as she assumed the vial that was almost empty belonged to him.

DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The Greenhouse.jpg

The Greenhouse was dark and gloomy, with silver moonlight streaming down below from the glass dome ceiling. It was crowded with plants and trees all situated in their respective pots and plots of land. However, what was very curious about the Greenhouse was that there were no Valeria flowers to be found at all. The air inside was very warm and muggy compared to the crisp winter wind from outside. As Eiredeth entered, she would be able to slowly locate Carmen's handkerchief, but it wasn't the only thing in the Greenhouse.
A little ways in the back sat a wooden shed who's door was still slightly open, she could easily slip inside to take a peek in it's dark interior. And sitting leaned against that shed were hedge clippers that were stained with a strange pink substance. As time ticked by, a sound came from nearby, the clomp of heavy boots. Mugwort's tall figure appeared farther in the Greenhouse, Eiredeth would be able to see him, but the tall foliage near her was thankfully blocking her from view. However, she was not the only one with an impressive nose.
Mugwort stood far from the shed as he sniffed the air and his eyes narrowed. "Is someone in here...?" He asked in his gruff voice. Getting the handkerchief would be easy enough, sneaking by would not...

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Kuro Nekomata

Foxglove looked surprised, "Oh? I would've thought every noble in Azuran that was invited tonight was doped up on that awful drug...But if you must know, Dreamlite stains horribly. It leaves a garish pink stain on anything it spills on. So I try hard not to get any of it on the books." Just as he spoke, the door to the library was opened and Kuro walked in before spotting Pierre and Foxglove.

"Oh wow, I just keep bumping into polite company everywhere I go, it seems! I guess the party's very lively." She said. Foxglove bowed to her as she entered, though Kuro simply waved which was very un-lordly of her. "And you? How are you enjoying the party? I wanted to go for a smoke, but I'm 'not allowed' upstairs per the ears." She pointed at her two black cat ears on her head.
"Apologies, ma'am. The Madame doesn't hold very fond opinions of Catkins...Though I can assure you, this is a safe space for everyone. The library is open to all." Foxglove said with a kind smile. "Well...it's welcome to all who are cleanly at least. That Groundskeeper she touts around can never step foot in here. Besides, he practically lives in the Greenhouse. I never see him unless we're being called upon for a meeting by the Madame."

Lucian: Learned that the Butler guarding the stairwell sells Dreamlite to nobles, Learned the Madame Oakwell uses the blackmarket to sell Dreamlite, Learned that some of the workers down at the docks take it to be more productive and that their boss "died due to a mysterious illness".

Glacier & Tornado: Met Carmen(NPC) in the smoking balcony.

Erideth: Found Carmen's Handkerchief, found the Old Shed, found "pink stained hedgeclippers", met Mugwort(NPC) he doesn't see her yet but he knows someones in the greenhouse with him...

Pierre & Kuro: Met Foxglove(NPC) in the Library, learned that Dreamlite leaves a "pink stain" on things, learned that Mugwort(NPC) isn't allowed in the library, Learned that Mugwort(NPC) "practically lives in the Greenhouse" and is always there.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Voider Voider Lolory Lolory Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo Darkbloom Darkbloom

Eriedeth picked up the pink stained cloth. Noticing Mugwort in front of the shed, however, she wasn't too keen on investigating the shed. There were many reasons and there were risks she couldn't get involved...she didn't want to delay the job any more than she needed to. It would be strange if she was gone for a large amount of time over a handkerchief. That and getting caught was not a risk she was ready to take maybe later when he was likely to be elsewhere instead of checking when there, was no promise of anything. After getting what she had come to look for, she had left and went to go back to the smoking balcony. She taps Carmen on the shoulder and hands the handkerchief to the catkin.

"Found it!"

She noticed Glacier was there...with what appeared to be a broken bottle? The remains of whatever was inside seemed to match with the stains on the handkerchief. She gave the ice fox a small wave.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: return to the smoking balcony
    Action 2: give Carmen back her handkerchief
    ---

Glacier

Top Hat.png

Interactions: Lucian ( gmimperfecti gmimperfecti ), Eriedeth ( DarkKitsune DarkKitsune )
Mentions: Lolory Lolory , Darkbloom Darkbloom , Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

Entering the balcony, Glacier took a moment to observe those present; a couple of his allies in this endeavor were present, along with a catkin woman he didn't recognize. "Greetings" He began in response. "I thank you for the concern... though, I do not intend to consume this."

Punctuating that remark, Glacier turned to the other two, giving them nods of acknowledgement; one of them, "Lucian" if he remembered correctly, seemed like a prudent enough man. So, he walked closer, raising jaw and the vial within. "Would you be able to... hold onto this for the moment, good sir?... There is another matter that I wish to attend to." With the catkin lady here, it was best to be discreet about this.

Assuming Lucian would take the vial, Glacier turned around, noticing Eriedeth just arrive. Responding to her wave by raising his own paw, he then approached her for a moment. "I have... left something in the flowerbeds that I need to retrieve." He said with a lowered tone, glancing over to Carmen in case he was being overheard. "I will return to the balcony with what I can... but it may be a bit difficult." Hoping he got the point across well, Glacier left the Smoking Balcony the way he came, returning to the Flowerbeds and the general location he recalled seeing the bag of flowers at.

Leaving the dining area, Glacier pondered where to go next. The vial in his mouth was obvious, which wasn't good, so he'd need to pass it on to one of the others to hold. Eriedeth had mentioned that she may sneak into the greenhouse, so that's one person Glacier could meet up with; but that was only a possibility, and it being a greenhouse, he deemed such a course only for an emergency

That left the smoking balcony and the ballroom, of which the the former seemed more viable. Glacier wasn't keen on staying indoors during this wonderful winter night, and there was likely to be at least one of the others at the balcony, given earlier planning; so, quickly making up his mind, Glacier began a trot towards the smoking balcony, hoping to hand off the vial of Dreamlite in his jaws before being noticed.

Lucian perked up as Glacier appeared. "Ah, the second most stunning attendant at the party." He grinned, easing his pipe back into his mouth and sauntering over to Glacier.

Carmen leisurely smoked her pipe as she replied to Lucian, "You'd have to run in pretty high circles to get a lot of Dreamlite...but I hear that tonight, Madame Oakwell invited a lot of Catkin because she wants to introduce it to the public. It has different effects on both Catkin and Humans, however. Most Beastkin feel 'awake' and energetic when they take it, and I've heard that the men who work down at the docks have been taking some to be more 'productive' so to speak. Though I heard things have slowed down...ever since their boss croaked from a mysterious illness.

"Still a bit dodgy that she invited catkin to illegally partake upstairs while she has a human party downstairs to try and get it legalized." Lucian shrugged, "I'm not it's all harmless." Pausing to blow another smoke ring and consider, "Other than the dock boss." Lucian tapped his lips with his pipe, "Seems like I heard that story from someone else recently. Tragic. I'm sure it was an accident that did him in."

She's a widow now, poor thing. Some think he took too much Dreamlite and that's what did him in." Of course, none of this is really 'legal' so Oakwell keeps it under wraps. She uses more back alley ways to sell the drug to commoners, which is how those men at the docks got their hands on it anyways.

"Oh, an overdose. Too alert. I've come across some tweakers in my...erm...youth of course those came from the coco plant."

Though you might be able to buy some from the staff. There's a butler who's always standing guard near the spiral staircase, you might've passed him on your way here. He stops catkins from going up, but if you're a noble you can slip him a few coin and he'll give you a vial or two. As for me, I got my vial from a nice man in the dining area."

"Butler by the spiral staircase! Perfect. Maybe I can get a couple of vials and poke my head upstairs." He smiled, tapping out his pipe and stowing it away up into a pocket and off into his pocket dimension.

Lucian smirked. Would a vial of liquid freeze if the glacial fox took it? Could it even smoke anything?

Entering the balcony, Glacier took a moment to observe those present; a couple of his allies in this endeavor were present, along with a catkin woman he didn't recognize. "Greetings" He began in response. "I thank you for the concern... though, I do not intend to consume this."

"Good on you! Although I have a line on a few more vials. More the merrier towards the conclusion of this evening."

Punctuating that remark, Glacier turned to the other two, giving them nods of acknowledgement; one of them, "Lucian" if he remembered correctly, seemed like a prudent enough man. So, he walked closer, raising jaw and the vial within. "Would you be able to... hold onto this for the moment, good sir?... There is another matter that I wish to attend to." With the catkin lady here, it was best to be discreet about this.

Lucian grinned taking the vial into the palm of his hand. He set it dancing across his fingers. It didn't dance quite as well as a coin but he had enough practice to make it work. After the vial danced along his fingers for a breath, he tossed it from his right hand to his left and slipped it into his pocket dimension with [Dimensional Fingers E].

Assuming Lucian would take the vial, Glacier turned around, noticing Eriedeth just arrive. Responding to her wave by raising his own paw, he then approached her for a moment. "I have... left something in the flowerbeds that I need to retrieve." He said with a lowered tone, glancing over to Carmen in case he was being overheard. "I will return to the balcony with what I can... but it may be a bit difficult." Hoping he got the point across well, Glacier left the Smoking Balcony the way he came, returning to the Flowerbeds and the general location he recalled seeing the bag of flowers at.

"Good luck with that my little friend, I'm off to see a butler. Jumping out windows is generally something I only do when angry husbands come back too early."

Having squeezed this room for all it was worth, Lucian grabbed a dandy, raven tipped walking cane and walked towards the spiral staircase. As he did, he plunged his left hand into a pocket to grab a few of the jeweled rings [Item E - Fancy Jewelry] he kept in his pocket dimension. He put them on his fingers to look extra rich. At least upper middle class rich with his Wealth E on display.

He'll try and convince the butler to sell him two vials and proceed upstairs to see what's up there. He uses [Lucky D].

OOC: That's either 1 or 2 luck points spent. Not sure if using [Finding an Edge] went off last round since ehe never made it to the butler before.

Finding an Edge: Grade E/E/F - 0 Post Cooldown. Int A6, Appraisal D3, Lucky E2, Insight E. Lucian uses his insight into his opponents and the pieces on the board, to appraise and understand the abilities and dynamics of each opponent and the web of relationships between them. He uses Lucky E (spending 1 point) to boost his odds of finding an advantage or edge in the situation. This ability is supposed by his grade-A intelligence.

Last edited:

(The smoking Balcony)
DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Carmen smiled as she took the handkerchief. "Oh thank you! Hm...It seems to be stained." She frowned then and handed it back to Eriedeth. "Here. You can hold onto it or throw it away, sorry for making you go all the way out there for it." As a show of apology, she gave Eriedeth a small cigarrette box. "Your friend from earlier went to go and see if he could convince the butler to pass him a vial or two of Dreamlite. Only noble's could be so bold...And the little fox got up to do some business in the flower garden."

(The Flowerbed's)
Voider Voider
As Glacier made his way back to where the bag of flowers were, he'd noticed that the coast was clear now. Mugwort was nowhere to be seen, and still in the Greenhouse looking around for anyone suspicious. The bag of flowers was close to the long gate that surrounded the Manor, tucked away in some bushes messily. Glacier wasn't entirely alone, the arctic fox would be able to see the familiar dress of a widow on the otherside of the gate. "Oh! It's one of you, thank goodness. I was beginning to worry since nobody had come by the gate in a while...Are you here for that bag of flowers?" She pointed a finger through the bars. "If you want, I could help you hide it, that way you won't have to lug it everywhere! Plus it would luck a bit out of place for a creature as small as you to be carrying something so small..." She said with a chuckle. "By the way, how is your progress going in there? I've been hiding amongst the other coachmen all night."

(The Foyer)
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

The foyer was very busy and crowded more and than usual as the night had crawled on, and the party livened up. Some nobles could be seen talking and chatting near the stairwell, but if Lucian looked into the sitting area that held the entrance to the manor, he'd be able to see a few nobles passed out and snoring peacefully away on the various sette's and sofas. The butler by the stairway stood tall like a palace gaurd, but he smiled when he spotted Lucian coming over. "Good evening, Sir. Would you like to go to the Smoking Balcony?" He was unaware of Lucian literally flinging himself from the window, and seemingly didn't remember already letting him through prior.

(The smoking Balcony)
DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Carmen smiled as she took the handkerchief. "Oh thank you! Hm...It seems to be stained." She frowned then and handed it back to Eriedeth. "Here. You can hold onto it or throw it away, sorry for making you go all the way out there for it." As a show of apology, she gave Eriedeth a small cigarrette box. "Your friend from earlier went to go and see if he could convince the butler to pass him a vial or two of Dreamlite. Only noble's could be so bold...And the little fox got up to do some business in the flower garden."

(The Flowerbed's)
Voider Voider
As Glacier made his way back to where the bag of flowers were, he'd noticed that the coast was clear now. Mugwort was nowhere to be seen, and still in the Greenhouse looking around for anyone suspicious. The bag of flowers was close to the long gate that surrounded the Manor, tucked away in some bushes messily. Glacier wasn't entirely alone, the arctic fox would be able to see the familiar dress of a widow on the otherside of the gate. "Oh! It's one of you, thank goodness. I was beginning to worry since nobody had come by the gate in a while...Are you here for that bag of flowers?" She pointed a finger through the bars. "If you want, I could help you hide it, that way you won't have to lug it everywhere! Plus it would luck a bit out of place for a creature as small as you to be carrying something so small..." She said with a chuckle. "By the way, how is your progress going in there? I've been hiding amongst the other coachmen all night."

(The Foyer)
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

The foyer was very busy and crowded more and than usual as the night had crawled on, and the party livened up. Some nobles could be seen talking and chatting near the stairwell, but if Lucian looked into the sitting area that held the entrance to the manor, he'd be able to see a few nobles passed out and snoring peacefully away on the various sette's and sofas. The butler by the stairway stood tall like a palace gaurd, but he smiled when he spotted Lucian coming over. "Good evening, Sir. Would you like to go to the Smoking Balcony?" He was unaware of Lucian literally flinging himself from the window, and seemingly didn't remember already letting him through prior.

Eriedeth: found the stained Handkerchief
Glacier: Found the bag of Valeria flowers, Met Aloe(NPC)
Lucian: Spoke with The Butler(NPC) by the stairs

Clue Connections: 1 (Stained Handkerchief + Half empty Vial)

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

"It's fine. Nice meeting you though."

Eriedeth decides to reassure Carmen before leaving. There were other places to check out. But for the moment, she was able to procure a piece of evidence that might suffice to expose Oakwell...who honestly seemed to suck at planning abit. At least Eriedeth believed so anyway. But letting the guests get a hold of it before it is properly legal? The squirrel beast just couldn't figure out how that would work, especially since Oakwell must've at least brought into account the risks involved in such, right?. She stopped thinking about it and had walked her way towards the sitting area. She wasn't the persuasive type, but maybe causal chitchat with anyone in the sitting area would grant her some information. At least she could only hope for a slip up. But that would likely depend on if anyone and everyone was as drunk or drunker than Carmen seemed to have been...when she arrived at the sitting area she looked around, making her best guess of whom to talk to.
    ---
    Actions:
    Action 1: go to the sitting area

---

Glacier

Top Hat.png

Interactions: Aloe[NPC] ( Lolory Lolory )
Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti , Darkbloom Darkbloom , Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo , DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

Keeping his head low, Glacier sneaked through the flowerbeds once again, moving towards the bag of flowers; it was a pleasant surprise when he encountered Aloe. "Indeed, I am here for the flowers..." He started, "I would most appreciate your assistance." Glacier looked around, observing the area, before his sight landed on the carriage they had travelled in. "I doubt any would mess with your carriage... so hopefully, it would serve as a good hiding spot."

Grabbing hold of the bag in his jaws, Glacier dragged the bag to the gate. "Our progress is going... splendidly, I believe is an appropriate word." Glacier answered Aloe's question, flashing his fangs of ice in a smile. It was difficult without hands, but once Glacier managed to open the gate from inside, he could get through and allow Aloe to help carry the evidence.

Assuming all went as planned, Glacier would take one flower from the bag in his mouth, before it was lifted into the carriage.
"I thank you for your help, Ms. Aloe... I must return to the others now, but I assure you..." Glacier looked up, straight at her, "We shall bring Oakwell the proper justice... which she so evidently tries to avoid."

Turning around, he'd make his way back through the gate. "Farewell, for the moment." So, with those parting words, and another piece of evidence secured, Glacier would go to re-enter the manor's entrance.

Last edited:

Whistling to himself as he walked down and then made his way back over to the foyer, Lucian hob sobbed as he came. He chatted to the occasional noble, butted into conversations even if not explicitly invited, and generally smooshed amongst the elite. Why not? It was fun, a good cover, and a splendid game. He didn't see them as people. They were game pieces. He had no shame when playing a game. There was no reason to be shy. Bold! That was his play style and it showed.

"I must say, I found the smoking balcony to hold some rather charming fragrances." He smiled and winked to the butler, playing with a large jewel in his hand. It was a figurine of sorts from various precious gems. Not larger than an inch or two, but worth every cent of its [Asset E] price. "I had some delightful conversation and enjoyed quite deeply of what there was to smoke, but found myself wanting..." He looked at the butler with a knowing glance, "Perhaps an exchange of party favors? I'd brought this gift for Madame Gladwell, perhaps you could hold onto it for now, and I would be over joyed to ease any burden you are holding on to, so I might better enjoy this evening and who knows, host such parties myself in the near future?"

Assuming his successful in procure more drugs, Lucian makes his way, slipping through crowds, patting backs and commenting here and there back up towards the smoking balcony, but from there he pushes on for the attic! He's eager to push the boundaries and see what other mysteries are hidden in Mrs. Oakwell's estate.

Upon reaching the balcony, the lady who Tornado had heard about was already leaving. After the balcony was mostly empty, he leans on the rail and utters a curse. "Damn! Missed anything I could've heard here. Though maybe I could find this Hyacinth guy around. He'll most likely be talking to other nobles." Tornado starts to feel a little cold, so he retreats back inside the manor and heads down to the main room with all the other nobles. His discreet gaze sweeps across the whole room to spot Hyacinth, though he doesn't know what Hyacinth looks like. "I suppose I can't expect to find him by just standing around. I must infiltrate the various crowds of nobles to hear what is to be heard." He advances into the noble's party, listening for the name of the guy he's trying to find. Nobles have a habit of using their names with each other as often as possible, likely to make the chemical reaction inside the body feel good whenever the person who speaks noble names the most appealing to others.

(Azuran| Night| Winter | Aloe's Townhome)

The Sitting Area | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The sitting area was still bustling with a lot of nobles and party goers as the night dragged on. There weren't a lot of people eating in this area, some choosing to simply sip wine and talk amicably amongst one another. However, Eriedeth would notice that there was one man in particular by a bench who was very sloppily dressed, and who seemed more like a drunkard than a nobleman. He had a forlorn look on his face as he sulked by the bench.

The Attic | gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

The butler eyed the expensive piece of jewelry in Lucian's hand and nodded eagerly, "Of course! Would you like 1 vial or 2 sir?" The Butler reached into his coat pocket to give Lucian 2 vials of Dreamlite in exchange for the expensive looking jewel. "Those were my last vials to hand out, anyways. I do hope you enjoy them!" He let Lucian pass upstairs. There were only two directions to go, one which led to Madame Oakwell's closed office, and the other which went back to the smoking balcony. However, above the Smoking Balcony, right outside it's entrance, a small rope hung down which clearly led to an attic.

1707250950060.png

Inside of this attic was a bunch of old discarded furniture that was lightly glazed in dust from years of disuse. A window which overlooked the Greenhouse was in full view, and a writing desk still stuffed with many items was pushed against it. Despite all appearances, this Attic was regularly in use. A candle wick had freshly melted wax on the desk, as if someone had lit it just hours before.

On the writing desk, there lay an open notebook that was written in fresh ink. Flipping through it would reveal that it was a diary written by Madame Oakwell herself. The diary had many recent entries, and most of them were quite boring things about her day to day life. But, on the very last page, there was a folded piece of paper, which unfurled made an entirely new map of the manor, very different from the one Aloe had shown them all at her Townhome. This map had an extra area added to the very bottom of the map, right where the Greenhouse was located. A secret basement that Oakwell had marked as The Lab.

Voider Voider Darkbloom Darkbloom

Tornado and Glacier were both in the foyer, which was packed more than ever with bodies of people. It was louder as well, yet thankfully the two of them would be able to find the other in the crowd. Lord Hyacinth and Madame Oakwell were stood next to each other by an elegant piano with a few onlookers to boot. They had been inseparable the entire night, and now was no exception.

"This party is very splendous, Madame Oakwell! You've been a wonderful host." Lord Hyacinth said proudly. "And I'm even more relieved to find that there's no illicit activity happening! Nobles nowadays never know how to behave at social gatherings like this."

Madame Oakwell merely chuckled, "Yes, yes...well I wanted to talk to you about something pertaining tonight. I didn't just invite you to hear more of your exciting war stories." She said, though it didn't seem genuine the way she smiled afterwards. Though the two were talking,
trying to interrupt would be easy if the Glacier and Tornado could play their cards right.

The Library|Kuro Nekomata

"That Mugwort fellow seems quite the character! It sounds like you don't like him very much..." Kuro said coyly. Foxglove sighed, and shook his head.

"No, no it's not that. He's just a brute sometimes. Doesn't know how to clean anything properly, but Madame Oakwell trusts him wholeheaertedly anyways." He shrugged,
"She even gives him the keys to this entire place! If there's a locked door, you can be sure he's allowed access."

"Oh? Everywhere, you say? Even...that mysterious door on the other end of the hall upstairs? The one opposite of the Smoking Balcony." Foxglove looked around a bit, before speaking.

"I've seen him go in there sometimes, but I've never questioned why. She only ever let's Mugwort go in there. And sometimes..." Foxglove paused.
"I see him doing something in the Greenhouse. I'm not sure what, but he'll go down there late at night, and won't come up for hours! There's nothing down there but plants, what could he be doing all night, you know?"

The Sitting Area | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The sitting area was still bustling with a lot of nobles and party goers as the night dragged on. There weren't a lot of people eating in this area, some choosing to simply sip wine and talk amicably amongst one another. However, Eriedeth would notice that there was one man in particular by a bench who was very sloppily dressed, and who seemed more like a drunkard than a nobleman. He had a forlorn look on his face as he sulked by the bench.

The Attic | gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

The butler eyed the expensive piece of jewelry in Lucian's hand and nodded eagerly, "Of course! Would you like 1 vial or 2 sir?" The Butler reached into his coat pocket to give Lucian 2 vials of Dreamlite in exchange for the expensive looking jewel. "Those were my last vials to hand out, anyways. I do hope you enjoy them!" He let Lucian pass upstairs. There were only two directions to go, one which led to Madame Oakwell's closed office, and the other which went back to the smoking balcony. However, above the Smoking Balcony, right outside it's entrance, a small rope hung down which clearly led to an attic.

1707250950060.png

Inside of this attic was a bunch of old discarded furniture that was lightly glazed in dust from years of disuse. A window which overlooked the Greenhouse was in full view, and a writing desk still stuffed with many items was pushed against it. Despite all appearances, this Attic was regularly in use. A candle wick had freshly melted wax on the desk, as if someone had lit it just hours before.

On the writing desk, there lay an open notebook that was written in fresh ink. Flipping through it would reveal that it was a diary written by Madame Oakwell herself. The diary had many recent entries, and most of them were quite boring things about her day to day life. But, on the very last page, there was a folded piece of paper, which unfurled made an entirely new map of the manor, very different from the one Aloe had shown them all at her Townhome. This map had an extra area added to the very bottom of the map, right where the Greenhouse was located. A secret basement that Oakwell had marked as The Lab.

Voider Voider Darkbloom Darkbloom

Tornado and Glacier were both in the foyer, which was packed more than ever with bodies of people. It was louder as well, yet thankfully the two of them would be able to find the other in the crowd. Lord Hyacinth and Madame Oakwell were stood next to each other by an elegant piano with a few onlookers to boot. They had been inseparable the entire night, and now was no exception.

"This party is very splendous, Madame Oakwell! You've been a wonderful host." Lord Hyacinth said proudly. "And I'm even more relieved to find that there's no illicit activity happening! Nobles nowadays never know how to behave at social gatherings like this."

Madame Oakwell merely chuckled, "Yes, yes...well I wanted to talk to you about something pertaining tonight. I didn't just invite you to hear more of your exciting war stories." She said, though it didn't seem genuine the way she smiled afterwards. Though the two were talking,
trying to interrupt would be easy if the Glacier and Tornado could play their cards right.

The Library|Kuro Nekomata

"That Mugwort fellow seems quite the character! It sounds like you don't like him very much..." Kuro said coyly. Foxglove sighed, and shook his head.

"No, no it's not that. He's just a brute sometimes. Doesn't know how to clean anything properly, but Madame Oakwell trusts him wholeheaertedly anyways." He shrugged,
"She even gives him the keys to this entire place! If there's a locked door, you can be sure he's allowed access."

"Oh? Everywhere, you say? Even...that mysterious door on the other end of the hall upstairs? The one opposite of the Smoking Balcony." Foxglove looked around a bit, before speaking.

"I've seen him go in there sometimes, but I've never questioned why. She only ever let's Mugwort go in there. And sometimes..." Foxglove paused.
"I see him doing something in the Greenhouse. I'm not sure what, but he'll go down there late at night, and won't come up for hours! There's nothing down there but plants, what could he be doing all night, you know?"

Lucian: Got 2 Vials of Dreamlite, Found Oakwell's Diary and Map of the manor, leads to the Lab under the Greenhouse.

Glacier and Tornado: Went to the Foyer, and found Madame Oakwell and Lord Hyacinth(NPC)

Kuro: Talked with Foxglove(NPC) Learned that Mugwort has the keys to the Manor, learned that Mugwort is doing something strange every night in the Greenhouse.

Clue Connections: 3pts

(
Stained Handkerchief + Empty Vial of Dreamlite) 1pt
(Secret map of the Manor) 1pt
(Bag of Valeria flowers) 1pt

Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

There seemed to be nothing in the sitting area, Eriedeth surmised. Well, nothing besides someone who was clearly not sober. The man struck her as someone that wouldn't be able to hold a conversation in his current drunken state. She thought before deciding where else to go, then she remembered that at some point they were all supposed to meet up at the front of the manor by the gates. Which at the moment seemed to be the best option. Eriedeth was under the impression there wasn't much else to investigate. Everything seemed cut clean and dry. Especially if Lucian succeeded in getting at least one bottle of Dreamlite. So that was where she headed to meet up with the others.

---
    Actions:
    Action 1: go to the gates to meet back up with everyone

---

Lucian smiled without looking at the vials. “Two will do nicely.” He said and palmed the two vials, slipping them into his pocket and thus into his pocket dimension.

Whistling softly to himself, he ascended the stairs, and peaked his head in to check on the lovely catkin within. “Thank you Carmen,” he said, briefly waving a vial before departing the doorway into the smoking foyer and looking up at the string.

Reaching up, he pulled and ascended to the attic. The scene was interesting, although he wondered how the heat and humidity was in the summer. Luckily it was still a nice cool night. Leafing through the diary was okay but the map at the end tied many pieces together.

He understood why so many catkin had been lured upstairs. After all who better to lure into the lab then poor drug addicted catkin. Quite the after party that would be. Still it sparked an idea.

He slipped the Diary and any other evidence into his pocket dimension and went back to the smoking balcony.

“Say Carmen, if you’re out of Dreamlite why don’t you follow me. I’ve got a few foot later on once your high fades. Could be fun?”

Regardless, Lucian chats with the other catkin who’ve run out of Dreamlite and makes the same pitch. He even offers some tasty snacks and beverages, hookahs, or whatever might strike thier fancy.

He plans to escort them out mainly to see what kind of ruckus it will make. If he can rile up enough attention, getting to the lab might be quite easy for the rest of his companions.

Speaking of which, if he finds any on the way down, he will clue them in on the lab.

He uses another luck point and

Finding an Edge: Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown. Int A6, Appraisal D3, Lucky E2, Insight E. Plus Wealth E / Dreamlite Vials.

Lucian uses his insight into his opponents and the pieces on the board, to appraise and understand the abilities and dynamics of each opponent and the web of relationships between them. He uses Lucky E (spending 1 point) to boost his odds of finding an advantage or edge in the situation. This ability is supposed by his grade-A intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back