• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: Verge of Extinction OOC

I have not done it before either. And I love the Original series. Because of the live action it sparked a lot of interest in the original too. Getting back into it I forgot how good the series really was. Actually I wonder what the time frame of this play will be, since technology ends up being a thing.
I started rewatching the OG series as well, so I am pretty excited for this!

How’s everyone doing?

I wanted to ask what peoples opinions on my characters hair color (since I am still undecided 😅). I have both brown and black there (there is a possibility for dark brown as well if people like that), but wondered what others prefer based on her art (which I didn’t draw, it was from a picrew maker; I’ll try to try her myself if I find time).

Also wondered if anyone wanted to plot for future scenes or something while we wait to begin?

I'd say brown since we see that hair color more in the water tribes and you see black more in the fire nation

Turns out I can't rely on the site to send me notifications when there are posts in here.
Hey everyone, also really excited for this to get started up. Characters are looking awesome

Turns out I can't rely on the site to send me notifications when there are posts in here.
Hey everyone, also really excited for this to get started up. Characters are looking awesome
Yeah Its weird. I sometimes get the notifications despite having them enabled. Most of are eager to get started to. I cant wait myself.

I'm eager to get started too, though we could start planning how to take out the avatar and free the captured benders

I'm eager to get started too, though we could start planning how to take out the avatar and free the captured benders
So I kinda thought about it. I think to start we should insure a safe zone for the escaped prisoners. I think that would need to be done in play but worth it. Also, perhaps establish some kind of team that can take on the prisons. They probably would be taking on a lot of bullets however. Saving the benders is most likely going to put eyes on the rescuers. As far as the Avatar is concerned, maybe an inside job to tackle the root of the issue and wiggle their way through.
Im just pulling straws on this.

Well I was thinking that the firebenders could free the waterbenders, since they're in a metal prison.
Earthbenders could basically help with the rescue of the water and air benders.
Then Waterbenders could free the Earthbenders.

This is purely based on the types of prison, however, Airbenders could just... suffocare their captors and free right?

Loving the planning
I think keeping air benders being kept in a place with limited air is going to make it kinda hard to fight back. The way I see it, I was imagining a place with like 17-19% oxygen, so just barely enough to breath. So could they technically bend? Yes. But they're too busy trying to breathe what little oxygen they can

I do agree with dividing the rescuers based on the type of prison.
Also agree with splitting the attention of...the bad guys (forget their name right now).
So maybe there's a team trying to capture the Avatar
A team trying to free the benders
And a team trying to sabotage their operations

For the Avatar, though. Are we thinking kill and find the new one? Or are we thinking rehab?

The Avatar though....

Maybe try things in orders.
Peacefully, like and Uncle Iroh action
Then forced rehab
If those don't work kill the avatar (I feel like the re-order didn't think it through since an Avatar not able to enter the Avatar state is likely to be defeated by a bunch of benders who trained their entire life.

The Avatar though....

Maybe try things in orders.
Peacefully, like and Uncle Iroh action
Then forced rehab
If those don't work kill the avatar (I feel like the re-order didn't think it through since an Avatar not able to enter the Avatar state is likely to be defeated by a bunch of benders who trained their entire life.
So this is what I was thinking too with regards tongue avatar. See what's going on and try to trouble shoot it peacefully. If all that fails then have death be the last resort but who would be willing to take that plunge?

We could also have both.
A situation where there's some people that want to go the route of peace, but then there' maybe a separate group that is just out for blood
Or does that complicate things too much?

We could also have both.
A situation where there's some people that want to go the route of peace, but then there' maybe a separate group that is just out for blood
This makes sense, since some might not see a peaceful route.

I mean, we could kidnap the Avatar and what not, easy to make her lose conscious if she doesn't have enough air and then flee the scene as fast as possible

Lol, one of my characters is a kid and her brother just wants it solved, soooo no clue where he'd stand

My character wont exactly be out for blood but he will be an angry guy. Angry at life that is, so might as well take that frustration out on some enemies. 😅 But really his eventual bond with his peers will make him feel better about things.

I do agree with dividing the rescuers based on the type of prison.
Also agree with splitting the attention of...the bad guys (forget their name right now).
So maybe there's a team trying to capture the Avatar
A team trying to free the benders
And a team trying to sabotage their operations

For the Avatar, though. Are we thinking kill and find the new one? Or are we thinking rehab?
Izumi is definitely on team peace. She believes the Avatar is misguided because of the Reorder, and she thinks its better to have an Avatar as opposed to a child they would need to find 5-6 years later.

We could also have both.
I don't think that complicates things personally, because it's 100% realistic. There's going to be many people with different feelings, radical on either side and people who are neutral in the middle who don't care either way. It makes the world feel more alive to have those differing views and potential arguments, that's character development for everyone involved. I'd say despite everything she went through, she'd probably lean a bit radical on the "the Avatar should live" side, tho my characters tend to develop themselves through RP so it could change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back