• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Falling Lotus

Malin stomped his foot when Keydin put a hand on his shoulder to stop him from going to get something to eat. He then sat down with a huff, and dissapointed look, and listened in on the conversation.

Beifong raised an eyebrow at Kimiko, but ignored her comments, turning back to Keydin. "I'm sorry, but I do not have any details on the new avatar's whereabouts, but I know where you can start."

Malin perked up. "The avatar was killed in a village in the southern water tribe. You want us to start there. Don't you?" He asked.

Beifong nodded. "Yes. The last time I spoke to Korra... I mean the avatar, she was onto something. Some system to determine the next avatar. Sorry but I have nothing more to give you."

Malin did a slight. "You've given all you can. Now we should get going. I don't like being here... And I want food."

Beifong stood and motioned for them to follow. She brogght them to a storage room with a range of weapons, accessories, food, you name it, and she had it. "Grab what you need." She said.

Malin smiled. "Keydin. We need a couple maps and compass', water canteens, and clothes... AND TOOTHBRUSHES TOOTHPASTES AND SOAP!" he then turned to Kimiko. "Weapons." He turned to the food and smiled, opening his bag and shoving it all in.

Beifong. "Hurry. We don't have much time."

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

She perked up as well when she realises they were actually going to do something."Hell yeah, food and weapons! Finally!"She let outhe shoving stuff in her bag as well. "Wasn't there a system already? A cycle of some sort..."She suddenly said thought fully. "Ang was an air nation, Korra water tribe.., Could be the next one be an earth or fire...Maybe finding out who was before Ang would help."

Keydin rolled his eyes as he took a backpack from the closet and began shoving all kinds of food into it.

"It's Earth. The cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. Avatar Aang was Air, Korra was Water, so the next must be Earth. Didn't you read your history books back home?"

Malin looked up from the food and over towards Keydin. "You're absolutely right." Malin said. "How could I abandon my teachings so easily." He thought for a second. "So we've narrowed it down, but are we supposed to scower the entire earth kingdom to find the Avatar? How can we go about this without drawing attention to ourselves or the avatar?"

Chief Beifong thought about the question. "I don't know if there really is a way, but what I do know, is that you have to leave... Now." She said as she noticed two men checking nearby rooms for something. "Follow me!" She told them running out into the hallway.

The kids followed her at which time the two men caught sight of them. One of them blasted a powerful flame towards them. "Keydin! Take him down!" Malin yelled.

@Knight Nate

"Yes, of forgot is all. Do your remember how much we had to read."She said indignantly, finding an old pair of electrical batons and a shock glove. The looked like they were from the equilist upbrising so could be useful. She packed the batons in her pack and work the shock glove. "Still it is a smaller such zone the the entire world."She followed them out to were they were ambushed. She rolled out of the way of the flames and despite Malins order she charged at the fire bender herself. She jumped side to side avoiding further flames before grabbing the firebenders hand and shocking him. A quick twist of his arm and push on his shoulder then brought him to the ground.

Keydin turned from his running and batted the flame away as if it was a ball being thrown at him. As he did so, Kimiko charged in and started fighting one of the men. She took him down rather quickly, but he rolled his eyes and pulled her back, telling her to run. The first guy was knocked out, but the other was still coming. He threw a ball of fire, but Keydin merely grabbed it, spun around, and shot it back at him with a stronger flame. It hit him dead in the chest and he went flying back into the ground. Nodding at his work, Keydin ran to catch back up to the others.

The group followed Chief Beifong into a courtyard where they noticed airplanes flying towards them. "Shit... Run!" They ran out of the compound. Time seemed to slow down as the first round of bombs were dropped on the training compound. Malin ignored it and kept running, and if anyone hesitated, but when Beifong stopped, he stopped as well. "What are you doing?!? We have to go!" He yelled towards her.

He noticed the planes were coming back, most likely for a second bombing. "I'm not gonna let them bomb my soldiers." She turned and tossed him something. He caught it and saw that it was a pair of keys. "Keep heading this way and you will come to a tarp. There's a car underneath it. Take it as far west as you can, and get to the southern water tribe."

"But Chief." Malin started.

"Its up to you three now... I know you'll do what's right." She said before turning and running back towards the compound. "Let's go!" Malin said, doing as Beifong told him.

More bombs sounded through the air as the compound was fired on again, but Malin ignored them and kept going till they made it to the tarp. He pulled it off, revealing a car similar to the one Asami used to drive. "Can either of you drive?" Marlin asked.

@Knight Nate

(Sooooo Timeskip)

Malin walked along faded pathways through the foliage. "The least she could've done is get us a car with gas in it." He complained, tying up his blonde hair. They were in some sort of jungle, it had been a full night since the bombing of the camp and tey had made the decision to not take any breaks until they were sure they were in the clear.

The group had since run out of water and were looking for a source of their water. Malin stopped and listened, making out the sound of trickling water. "Up ahead." he said walking forward, were the three eventually came to a river running right through the path. Malin walked down into the river, it only coming up to about his waist. The teen made a noise similar to a pur as he sunk down into the water, letting it wash over him. "According to the map, this jungle leads to a village." He spoke. "I dont forsee us coming to any more stops between then and now, so I for one will take this opportunity to clean up for the townspeople. I suggest you guys do the same. We need to be presentable."

Malin grabbed a lye bar, a rag, and pulled his clothes off, throwing them into the thick brush. He began bathing in the water, seemingly unphased by the fact that his best friend and sister were there. They had been through so much the past few days and them seeing him naked was the least of his worries. But then a thought came to him. "I suggest you take a bath away from us Kimiko. It would ne weird for us to see you unclothed. Go a little ways down the river to bathe, but make sure you're within shouting distance, and i suggest you two hurry, we dont have much time if we wanna make it before sunset."

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Kimiko at that point was tired and irritable, being on the run for so long was tiring and the fact the compound was bombed weighed heavily on her. All those people dead...There friends too... It was all too much. She hoped a bathe might wawash some of the bad feeling.she shrugged at Malins suggestion. "I am not going anyways, bad things seem to happen when we separate. Besides we have been skinny dipping before and I dont mind Keydin peeping."She smirked slyly getting undressed."I am curious on how red he will turn."

Keydin raised an eyebrow at Kimiko and blushed a bright red.

"I think I should go bathe downstream, instead."

He quickly stepped through the brush and arrived at a more secluded portion of the river. He sighed, and after checking to make sure no one was there, began to undress. He put his feet in the water as he took off his shirt, feeling the cold water against his hot skin and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Stop it! What do you mean peeping? Stop coming onto Keydin and go take a shower elsewhere!" Kino blurted out in a defensive tone. "I mean... Not that I care that you were flirting with Keydin... I just said that because I'm sure he doesn't want you to bathe in front of him." Malin covered up. "Idiot... Idiot... Idiot..." he said to himself, his face turning red with embarrasment.

He watched as Keydin left and looked up at Kimiko, with a mean glare.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

She breathed a sigh of relief dipping into the hot water. She returned the gaze with a raised eyebrow and a chuckle. "It is only breasts, not that I am anything to speak of and not like am looking at anyone's willie."She said honestly, she never thought of herself as any beauty figuring her more athletic muscular built wasn't anything people looked for in a girl. "Besides what I am curious about is why do you care who I flirt, huh. Is good old Keydin not good enough for your sister... Might be taken advantage of because of my bod? Or... oh... Your cute by what would our parents say?" She said chuckling a little before a little sadness sipped in at the memory of her parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't care." Malin said in a matter-of-factly tone. "I have no reasoning for caring about who you like." He finished up washing and then dipped his head under to wash it out. Once he was done, he got out of the river and walked over to their bags, where he grabbed a farmers outfit and put it on, along with a big straw hat which hung around his neck by its chin strap. He grabbed another pair of clothing. "I'm gonna take Keydin some clothes." He began to walk off in Keydin's direction when he stopped. "I don't care who you flirt with, Its just... Just not with Keydin... For my sake." And with those last words, he walked off.

Malin found the secluded area Keydin had gone to, and began freaking out. As he neared the water he grew more nervous. "What if I anger him." He thought, but by then he was there. Unsure of what to do, Malin cleared is throat to let Keydin know he was there. When Malin got his attention he spoke. "Hey... Umm... I brought you some clothes to put on." His ears grew red as he looked down upon Keydin in the water. "First what I said to Kimiko, and now this... He's going to think I like him... Even though its true... GAH! Why must I be so dumb." He thought.

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Kimiko raised her eyebrow further at what Malin said clicking immidiately at a reason why Malin was so keen on her stopping the flirting. "Oh brother, you surprise me."She muttered with smirk before continuing to bathe. ."OK than if that's what you want."It was no big loss, most of her flirting was just teasing but would have liked her brother just to come out and tell her. He didn't trust her? Well.. She wouldn't either. When she finishes she stepped out the lake and got changed into peasant clothing. She waited for the others to return preparing a quick meal for them.

Keydin had fully stripped and was now floating in the water by the time Malin had come. He raised his head as he floated about in the water.

"Oh, hey Malin. What's with the clothes?......don't tell me I have to stop wearing my training gear."

"Umm... Hehe... Well... Um... You need to... Yea..." Malin said, obviously flustered. "Okay Malin, chill. You can do this, just act normal. He's just a friend... just a friend..." Malin reassured himself. Once his thoughts caught up, he shook his head. "What I meant to say was that I... Umm... We.... Must... Ummm." It seemed as if everytime he looked at Keydin, he lost his thoughts. To remedy the situation, Malin turned away. "What I meant was that I don't want anyone to find out who we are. We need to blend in." He finally managed to get out. He turned back around and made eyecontact with Keydin, his face glowing bright red once more. " WELL WOULD YOU LOOOK AT THE TIME? KIMIKO AND I WILL BE WAITING! BYE!" With those last words, Malin dropped the clothes and bolted out of there back to where Kimiko was. "Never again." He thought.

@Knight Nate

After regaining composure he looked toward his sister. "Wanna go fill up on water?" He asked frantically trying to take his mind off of what just took place.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

".......riiiight then."

He shrugged as he continued to enjoy the cold water. He was grateful for the bath; they hadn't had one since they left Chief Beifong. He began collecting water in his mouth and spitting it out like a whale.

Malin looked down and saw something. "Damn it. I didn't give him shoes." He grabbed the shoes and took a deep breath. "Go there. Drop Em. Come Back. That's all it is." Malin took one more breathe and ran in. "Keydin. I also brought you sho-" It happened before he could stop it. One second he was running, the next he had gotten his foot snagged on a root and was tumbling down rock, landing in the river. "Ughhh!" Malin yelled as he shot up out of the water. He looked around, and there he was. He had managed to land right next to Keydin, and all he could do was stare. "I umm... Welll I..." He began to stutter.

@Knight Nate

"Dude, that was a nasty fall. You alright?"

Keydin kept swimming around in circles, exposing himself, but he was with a good friend; he had nothing to be afraid of. He kept spitting water up as he paddled.

At the sound of Keydin's voice Malin snapped out of his trance like state. He looked around for a second and then spoke. "I need to get out of here." He said. He swam to the rivers edge and began trying to climb out, though he kept falling back in. The whole time he continued saying, "I need to get out of here." After the fifth or six try he gave up. He floated atop the water for a bit until one of Keydin's sprays hit his face. He looked at Keydin. "What the heck was tat for." He said. "Oh two can play at that game. " He began splashing Keydin with water, at first to get back at him, but along the way he began playfully giggling, something he hadn't done since childhood.

@Knight Nate

Keydin laughed as he splashed back. Memories of his childhood flooded back as well as he continued splashing around. He was having a good time for the first time in a long while.

After the two had had their fun, they found themselves sitting at the edge of the river, feet soaking in the water. They sat, admiring the sunset. "So much for making it before sundown." Malin said with a chuckle. He adjusted his hand on the ground, it ending up on top of Keydin's. He looked at his friend and then down at their overlapping hands, eventually pulling his off of Keydin's. "Sorry." Keydin said. His cheeks glowing slightly red. He looked away, a bit embarrassed. "I just... haven't been this happy in a long time." He said with a smile.

@Knight Nate

Keydin raised an eye at the hand thing, but paid no mind to it. He laughed as he brought Malin down and gave him a boogie before letting him back up.

"The world's a big place, little dude. All three of us will be able to make more happy moments like this. If we survive, that is."

Thankfully, he had put his shorts back on. He sighed as he leaned back and watched the sun go down.

"Hey, where did Kimiko go anyway? I thought for sure she'd spy on me."

"Little dude?" Malin questioned. "I may be shorter than you, but you're only a year and 2 months older than me." Malin said. "Ugh, these mixed signals are hurting my head." He giggled a bit at the Kimiko remark. "Don't worry. She doesn't like you. She was just joking and all." He looked over at Keydin. "Why'd you ask? Do you like her?" He realised what he had just said. "I MEAN... NOT LIKE I CARE!" He blurted out trying to cover up. "I'm gonna die."

@Knight Nate

Keydin laughed as his eyebrow arched a little higher.

"Malin, is something up? You're acting.....rather strange."

He shifted uncomfortably, looking around. Why WASN'T Kimiko here?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back