• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Falling Lotus

"Kimiko, no! We have to stick toge-....aw, great. She's gone. Doesn't she know there's a giant fire over there!?"

He supported Malin as he pointed to where Kimiko went.

"What are we supposed to do?"

Malin looked down. He balled his fists up and took in a couple deep breaths before taking his arm off of Keydin's shoulder. Malin turned in the direction Kimiko had went, and without saying another word, he jumped off of the foot that wasnt hurt towards her. When he reached her he grabbed her arm, the momentum of his jump taking them both to the ground. Through a series of rolls and tumbles it ended with Kimiko on the ground on her belly, and Malin with a knee in her back, and his index and middle finger leveled above a full body paralysis pressure point. "Do you really think im doing this because I'm scared?" Malin asked. "Look at you... My visions spotty, and I have a hurt ankle, yet i still managed to take you down... One blow to this pressure point and you'd be paralysed in both arms and legs." Malin managed to stand though what he had just done probably messed his ankle up even more.

"I'm not making this decision because I'm afraid.., Its because of you... You're too weak... I hate to say this, but I care too much about you to lose you. No matter what, youre my sister... and if I have to drag you back with both of your legs paralysed, I will. Now get up... They could be out here watching us." Malin turned towards Keydin, but looked back in Kimiko's direction. "Now am I going to have to chi block you to make you follow us?"

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Keydin's eyes widened as he saw Malin leap and land on top of Kimiko. He quickly made his way over to them, but as he was reaching them, another explosion destroyed the house next to him and sent him off his feet. He stood up slowly from the ground, a burning building next to him, and he stepped over to Malin and Kimiko.

"Guys, now is not the time! A fire is spreading and things are blowing up! We have to get out of here!"

Leone said:
Malin looked down. He balled his fists up and took in a couple deep breaths before taking his arm off of Keydin's shoulder. Malin turned in the direction Kimiko had went, and without saying another word, he jumped off of the foot that wasnt hurt towards her. When he reached her he grabbed her arm, the momentum of his jump taking them both to the ground. Through a series of rolls and tumbles it ended with Kimiko on the ground on her belly, and Malin with a knee in her back, and his index and middle finger leveled above a full body paralysis pressure point. "Do you really think im doing this because I'm scared?" Malin asked. "Look at you... My visions spotty, and I have a hurt ankle, yet i still managed to take you down... One blow to this pressure point and you'd be paralysed in both arms and legs." Malin managed to stand though what he had just done probably messed his ankle up even more.
"I'm not making this decision because I'm afraid.., Its because of you... You're too weak... I hate to say this, but I care too much about you to lose you. No matter what, youre my sister... and if I have to drag you back with both of your legs paralysed, I will. Now get up... They could be out here watching us." Malin turned towards Keydin, but looked back in Kimiko's direction. "Now am I going to have to chi block you to make you follow us?"

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
She didn't reply and didn't try to struggle against him while see was pinned. Soon there was sobbing coming from her and if one turned her over now would see a steady stream of tears coming from her eyes . "I am weak... I couldnt save them and nearly lost you... what is the point of all the training if I can't...I can't.."She couldnt finish, it was as if all the grief and guilt just broke through tougether."I want them back,... If I have to join them... I don't care...I welcome it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Malin sighed. "I wish I didnt... but I love you too much to let you go... And its okay if youre weak... We all are... But together we'll get stronger. We'll find the new avatar and stop whoever is doing this." Malin said. "Now lets get going... Sis." The last word in his sentence brought feelings of nostalgia. Visions of him playing with Kimiko when their parents were still together, were prevalent in his mind, but now wasn't the time to get nostalgic.

Malin just began to notice the vrowd beginning to surround them. "This doesnt look good." Malin thought. He looked at the frightrned looks of the people. "This wasnt the right place to do this." Just as he was about to tell Keydin that they should leave, a metal wire shot out, wrapping its self around Malin and quickly pulling him to the ground. He screamed in pain as his ankle was hurt more. He watched Keydin and Kimiko be taken doen as well.

Malin struggled to get free from the wire, but to knoe avail.

The three were eventually rounded up and thrown in the back of a police truck. "By order of the Republic city police department, you are under arrest." The man said before slamming the doors to the back of the truck.

"The others... NOOOOO! he began freaking out and screaming.

Keydin let out a loud huff as he was thrown in the back of the truck, struggling to free himself from the wire. He tried heating it with his hands, to bend it somehow, but the wire didn't budge. He let out a loud growl as he sat up, still struggling.

"You've got to be KIDDING ME! What the hell is with this wire!? My bending isn't melting it and I can't use my lightning this way either!"

She looked up to Malin when he called her sis, she couldn't help smirk having the same feeling of nostalgia. "You are right... Little brother." She said trying to pick herself up. Despite being twins she was the one born first and when she found out that fact she teasingly never let him forget it. She knew how much he hated to be called little."We can do this..." She said her confidence returning only to drop again thanks to the officers around them."Crap... Hi fellas..."She manage to say before she was tethered by a metal wire and pulled."What is the big idea!" She complained struggling against the wire pulling back with little success. She was thrown in the van like the rest of them. "Bloody morons! You wouldn't be so big without your metals! You got the wrong people!"

'Malin didn't bother to look at Keydin or Kimiko. He wasn't fighting anymore, and he wasnt mad... He had basically given up. "These aren't the police Kimiko... They wouldn't just throw us back her like this. I don't know for sure, but I think that... They're behind all this... This is the end." Malin looked up tears in his eyes. "I led us to our death... And there is nothing I can do or say to change it, but what I can say is... I'm sorry. I thought I was helping but in actuality I was leading us right to them. This may be the end but I want you both to know... I love you guys... And Keydin... I want you to know that I..."

Suddenly the car jerked to a halt, causing the there to jerk violently, Malin hitting his head once more. "Ughhhh..." He groaned, as he looked up to see he had basically falling into Keydin's lap causing him to quickly move away and hit his head again. "Damn it!!!" He yelled. There was suddenly a sound of metal scrapping metal and then the doors to the back opened, revealing a very cold looking woman with gray hair.

She metal bent the restraints off of the three and examined them, saying nothing. Once she noticed Malin's bloody head, and twisted ankle, she shouted for a medic to come over, and while she waited she looked back at the three teens. "I am chief Beifong. Welcome to the Yun Wei Headquarters... White Lotus." She spoke.

Kino nearly passed out from the confusion and wave of questions that entered his mind. "So this is Chief Beifong... This is who Master Quinn told me to go to?" He questioned.

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

She groaned when Malin said his peace and almost smirked when he hit his head, though concern for him got the better of her then her annoyance. "We are not dead yet, little brother,, we still have a shot at this. All we need it... " She went to say before he hit his head again and at the same time she did as well." Damn it!" She said almost simultaneous to Malin. She saw the door open Beilfong revealing herself, at that point even she breathed a sigh of relief." So...A simple polite invitation was out of the question?"

Keydin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Malin was giving up? Bull!

"What are you talking about!? We can't just give up! That's not what we were taught for years! Giving up is not an option, and I refuse to not follow what my father taught me!"

As he spoke, the car jerked suddenly. Keydin was fine, but it seemed the other two weren't so lucky. They both let out a collective 'Damn it!' as they hit their heads. Malin fell into Keydin's lap, which caused him to raise an eyebrow, buy Malin moved out of it quickly. He felt the car stop and the doors opened. A woman stood there and introduced herself as Captain Beifong. Keydin's eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"If you knew who we were, you could have just asked us to come along!"

"I'm sorry... I didn't know who I could trust. The police could very well be in it, as could anyone in the public, so I had to make them believe you were being taken by police." Beifong said in a pretty monotonous voice.

Malin sighed. "I don't care about any of that... Just tell us.... Are our friends okay?" He asked.

Beifong looked towards him with a straight face as a water bender came and began mending Malin's wounds. "There was no sign of your friends in the pipe... In fact, it seemed like they'd vanished out of thin air." Beifong responded.

Marlin had grown numb to the feeling of loss through that entire day. "Well... They could still be alive... We just have to look for them." He said, though he doubted they'd be alive. "Well... Its been a long day... Can we have some time... You know, clear our heads... Maybe get a bath?" Marlin asked Beifong

The woman nodded. "Very well then." She looked down at the water bender who was healing Malin. "Take them to the men's quarters, and the girl will come with me to the women's. We will meet up for dinner." Beifong motioned for Kimiko to follow, while Keydin and Malin were taking to their room in the guys wing.

Their room was a small rectangular one with two twin beds, a desk, and two dresser for each to put clothes in. Malin walked around on his fully healed leg, and when satisfied, sat on one of the bed's and looked up at Keydin. "Hey... You... Okay?" Marlin asked Keydin, referring to the day as a whole.

@Knight Nate

Kimiko was hesitent to move away from Marlin. For the third time she was pushed away from her brother and considering what happened before and their current situation she didn't like to do so again. However the two guards in front of the path to the boys room didn't give her much choice. Her parents divorce for her in a nutshell.she turned and finally followed Beifong. "What a day, just one disaster after the other... Heh, I guess I am preeching to the coir.

Keydin sat on his bed, his head I'm his hands, and sighed once he heard Malin's question. He lifted his head up, an annoyed look on it.

"Well, my father is dead, we've been captured by the police, and now most of my friends are missing or dead. So yeah, just peachy."

He put his head back in his hands and let put another sigh. Could this day get any worse?

Malin sighed. "That was idiotic of me to ask." Malin got up and walked over to Keydin's bed, sitting down on the edge of it, in front of where he lay. "Be honest with me... Is this all my fault?" Malin asked looking towards the ground. "If I hadn't split us up, Yang would still be alive... And we would know where our friends are." Malin shoulders slumped. "I'm a bad leader... And I'm sorry." He turned around to look at Keydin. "I know sorry won't bring them back, and I know it won't reverse time... But I'm sorry... Do anything you want. Punch me in the face. Burn my arm off. I wouldn't even be mad at you. I couldn't."

@Knight Nate

Chief Beifong stopped walking and just stood their after Kimiko spoke. "Tenzin... The Avatar.... They were my friends, and now they're gone. I was the reason the police station blew up, as well as the reason why no one was in there." Chief Beifong turned to Kimiko. "Are you children even aware of what's been going on?" Beifong asked.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

"Well, beyond our families being blown up on their way here. Most if our friends here disappearing... No we have no idea." She said in a tone that was uncertain whether she is being genuine or sarcastic. "Cant say we dont think our parents being blown up and your station blowing up is coincidence."

Keydin scoffed as he looked up to Malin and shook his head.

"I've already thought about shocking you full of lightning already, but it's not your fault. It's the people who blew up our families' fault. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to risk everything to take them down. So if you are, then you can't be wallowing in self-loathing."

He closed his eyes as he spoke, and his fist balled, the room getting slightly hotter.

Malin smiled. "Yea... I guess you're right. And I am willing. I don't want what happened to us to happen to anyone else. I promise I won't lose you or Kimiko, and this time... I mean it."

He mumbled something else under his breath. "And to think it was my birthday today."

Suddenly there was a knock at their door. Malin stood and looked back at Keydin. "I got it." He walked towards the door and opened it. The next part was a blur. One second he saw a hand coming to him, and the next thing he remembers, he'd grabbed the arm it was connected to, and had thrown the person into the back wall of their room.

"Ugghhhhhh." The guy groaned.

Marlin walked over to him and crouched down. ""Tell me why I shouldn't kill you?" He asked.

"I was just here to tell you that dinner was ready." The guy guy explained frantically.

"Then why were you trying to attack me?" Malin questioned.

"Ever heard of a hand shake man?!?" The guy responded.

Malin thought it over. "Hmm..." He stood. "My apology's" He yanked the man up into a standing position. "Well thanks for the notification. We'all be down there shortly."

The guy nodded. "Whatever dude." He said as he quickly walked out.

Malin looked back at Keydin. "Did that guy look a bit frantic walking out?" He asked. "Wonder why."

@Knight Nate

Chief Beifong narrowed her eyes. "Whoever is doing this... Their working with the republic city government. Ever since the city came under new leadership, benders have come up missing. Some claim they are being experimented on and tortured. Others say they are raising an army of benders... In this City, there is usually some truth behind rumors." She signed. "Whatever it is... I don't trust this guy."

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

"Neither of the two prospects are good."She said before looking thoughtfully. "If the new government is involvement we need to take a look at them.., Before you say it, yeah I know doing it officially will be impossible. "She smirked."Likely the other way is more fun... If you would allow it, of course, I can conduct an "unofficial" police search of the bad guy."

Keydin shrugged, still laying on his bed. He was beginning to feel tired from it all, but he did his best not to fall asleep. He lifted an eyelid open as he answered.

"I don't know, I didn't see. But I've got a feeling that dinner isn't all that he came for..."

"He was." Malin said. "I knew he was trying to shake my hand, its just that I'm used to training every day, and I haven't fought anyone in a while." Malin sat down. "But I'm sure my undeniable beauty contributed to him coming here." Malin joked. "Anyways, we should go get dinner." He said.

@Knight Nate

Beifong laughed. "You don't get it do you? I'm not with the police... I'm the ex police Chief, so I can't do anything about an "investigation" but what I can do, is get you three out of here." She lowered her voice. "Master Quinn knew this would happen one day. He asked me to protect you with my life, but I can't protect you when I don't know if my allies are your enemies." She sighed. "I'm gonna get you supplies, and a mode of transportation, then you're gone by morning... Got it?"

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Keydin sighed as he sat up and stretched.

"Yeah, I guess. Salted meat only lasts so long."

He stood and made his way to the door and opened it up, walking into the hallway and stood there, waiting for Malin.

She smirked. "I figured but it us your rightful role I prefer to give you the proper respect." She said before frowning."Why is everyone assuming that I want to leave. Get rid of my brother and Keydin but I am staying were the action is."

"I know your type kid... You're the ones who die first." Beifong said honestly. "Think about all that you've lost today. Both parents, and now your friends. I take it you find this to be a big game. That you get to come back wants you die. I can tell you its quite the contrary. There are no redo's. What's done is done. You are quite a selfish little one to want to be where the action is... But I guess that's just who you are... Selfish. I knew people like you... Not anymore." Beifong said as she walked off towards the cafeteria.

@Knight Nate

Leone said:
"I know your type kid... You're the ones who die first." Beifong said honestly. "Think about all that you've lost today. Both parents, and now your friends. I take it you find this to be a big game. That you get to come back wants you die. I can tell you its quite the contrary. There are no redo's. What's done is done. You are quite a selfish little one to want to be where the action is... But I guess that's just who you are... Selfish. I knew people like you... Not anymore." Beifong said as she walked off towards the cafeteria.
@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
She followed shaking her head. "Yes I am selfish and stupid, so let natural selection do its thing and wipe me out. I have my fun snd as a bonus it might leaves other better to live. I think that is something you might understand." She looking at Beifong with a probing look. "I hell I might actually be of help and live long enough to see the matter ended."

Keydin put a hand on Malin's shoulder and shook his head as he looked back to Beifong.

"Look, we'll be happy to leave, but we need information. We need to find the Avatar, as soon as we can. Do you have any ideas."

He spoke slowly and calmly, much unlike the regular Keydin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back