• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Falling Lotus

Malin stood and sat down next to Keydin, all of them sitting in a tight not circle. He grabbed the blanket that had held the rations, and shook it to see a bunch of empty wrapperps cans and boxes. "YOU PIGS! DIDNT THINK ENOUGH TO SAVE ANY FOR ME!?!" Malin yelled, quickly apologising for his outburst. Once Keydin answered Malin sighed. "Yes but my question is, should we tell them about our parents and the base? They'd be best suited for helping us but we could be sending hundreds of lives to their death, as well as compromising ourselves shoukd our where abouts become known to the enemy. Are we willing to risk it?" Malin tried to hide the worry in his eyes he genuinely had no clue what to make, and he looked to Keydin for reassurance, but had no idea if he could even offer Malin that.

Malin recalled a conversatiom he had had with Master Quin just days before the attack. He had been informed that Master Quin had wanted to see him in his chambers. "You called Sir?" Malin asked as he entered the office. Master Quin was seated at his desk, his face burried in a scroll unravled at his desk, but he looked up from it when Malin entered and smiled. "Ah. Malin. Come... take a seat and shut the door behind you." Malin did as he was told, shutting the door and taking a seat across the desk from Master Quin.

"May I ask why you called me here, sir?" The boy had asked. "Ah. Yes." Master Quinn started. "So... you are aware that you and the others are the next generation of the White Lotus, correct?" Malin nodded. "And you are aware that the title of Grand Lotus is given to the one deemed fit enough, to handle leadership over the White Lotus, correct?" Malin nodded. "Well... As history has claimed, we've never had a non-bender become Grand Lotu... but I predict that will change some time in the near future. " Malin looked at Master Quin with a confused look. "I don't follow you, sir." Malin responded.

"Don't play coy with me." Mater Quin warned. "I know you understand." In all honesty, Master Quin was right, he did under stand. Malin was just confused as to how this assumption was reached. "Sorry Sir." Malin apologized. "It's alright, I understand that you are curious as to how this has all been brought about, but I've been watching." Master Quin stood up from his chair and slowly began making his way around it. "I see you in training. I see the determination in your eyes, the drive to do better. I see the extraordinary skill you have, that would take many adult chi blockers years to obtain. I see the leadership skills, that lie within you... Untapped. I see the flack you get for being the child of two non-benders. People think you are weak because you can't harness am element, but what they don't know is that you are as strong as any bender. You've trained your body to do things a normal human body can't do." Master Quin sat on his desk and looked down at the wide eyed boy in front of him. "Listen. In all honesty, no bender out there rival you except two." Master Quin began.

"I know... Keydin and Yang."
Malin replied. "Exactly. Keydin has an immense fighting spirit and the skill to match. He also possess charisma, making him a fitting leader. Yang now, she is very intelligent and calculating, and lets not for get she's managed to turn her form of bending into an art. It's gone from something she can do, to something that is a part of her. Much like your Chi-Blocking. Be proud of your non bender origin. It doesn't take a great bender to become a good leader. Alright?" Master Quin asked.

Malin took a second to soak in all the Master had told him, and then nodded. "Yes sir."

"Alright then." Master Quin said, standing upright. "Now... I have something to show you."

Now more than ever, Malin needed reassurance. He needed to know that what he was doing was the right thing to do, but Master Quin wasn't here to give him that reassurance, so he looked to his friends. Particularly Keydin. What many would call a best friend, at least Malin felt that way. Malin was never afraid to express the way he felt she he he was around Keydin... Well sometimes. He knew he was in good company when he was around Keydin. Keydin was a safe zone in enemy territory. Keydin was the one who Malin needed to reassure him. Malin turned to Keydin, his eyes practically begging for justification and reassurance... A jester Malin felt would get lost in translation.

"It's up to you guys." He said once more with a sigh and a downwards look.

"How selfish of me too look for strength in other people when they need it just as bad as I." Malin thought.

@Knight Nate

@Pentagon @Lucinde

@Zamice @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited by a moderator:
Keydin gave a small laugh as he saw Malin yell about the rations, but he pondered what he said seriously. It was true that the police were going to want to know who they were, and if they revealed themselves, they would just be putting more people in danger. There was no way he was going to allow that; he would die twice before something like that happened again. He dug inside his pocket and pulled out a strip of dried, salted meat and handed it to Malin so he could eat it. He had planned on saving it for later, but he decided Malin needed it more.

"I think, if we can, we need to find out who those guys who attacked us were by the police and see if they know their whereabouts, but we shouldn't reveal who we are. They'll probably just treat us like kids and not take us along, not to mention the lives they'll be risking going after them. It's better if we remain icognito, at least for the moment."

Mostly everyone had run off towards the airship. Her senses had not come back to her yet before someone had bumped into her on accident. Well, it wasn't a person, but a scurrying Otter Penguin. She looked down at it as it waddled off in a hurry.

The sound of a small explosion rung in her ear as the base behind her had started to go off. The door she had run out from had been blown away, she ducked in a flash to avoid collision. Adrenaline started to pump through her small frame as she propelled herself away. She skated on ice and jumped away as the final explosion rocketed her off-path and into the snow.

Her eyes were blurry as she waited for the ringing in her ears to stop. She watched the other students running off somewhere.

Don't... leave me... She thought, scrambling to her feet. Avoding a few falling debris, she managed to make the run towards the cave with everyone else.

Eri saw Malin calling everyone towards the Flying Bison and shuffled over, taking a seat in the back. She felt the creature take off, her eyes casting back towards the destroyed base she once called home. Her eyes cast downward as she snuggled her knees closer to her body.

What was a bunch of teens supposed to do now? Malin had plans already to go to Republic City, but why bother? She sighed as she closed her eyes. Her mind got drifted away from the recent events as she calmed herself down.

Once the bison landed in Republic city, she remained quiet as everyone figured out what to do. She was not much of a leader, not did she have any real input on the matter. All she wanted to do was forget at the moment everything that happened, and pretend it was okay, but she knew it wasn't.

"I agree with Keydin." She finally managed to speak up about the situation. "Whoever did this probably knows we are already here."

Republic city was incredible. Yang knew she had better things to think about, but she permitted herself a few moments to take everything in. It seemed to stretch forever, a collage of orderly rows of well-planned streets and nests of chicanery and wild bends. Conceptually, Yang knew that buildings could be this tall. Architecture was never her favorite field of study, but it was hard to avoid. Like many subjects she had studied, seeing the evidence with her own eyes could never be properly prepared for, it seemed. Yang knew that the population was over ten million people, but she had not had any idea what ten million people looked like until just now.

Yang's eyes traced the horizon three times, peeking over the side of the harness cautiously to explore the clearer streets nearer below. She sniffed for any scents that might reach her far above the canopy of concrete and metal. She tried to focus on the unfamiliar sounds of the bustle, trying to isolate any individual strand from the cacophony of this much life. A minute passed, then two. Before the third, Yang managed to contain herself, and turn her mind to other matters. The weight in her chest had vanished, spreading itself all throughout her body evenly.

Her plans, the newest in a line of discarded ideas, were half-formed, nascent and palsied with her general ignorance. Who controlled the city? What would the police demand, what military assets were there? What was the state of the criminal element, and how aware were the people of what had happened? Was there news of a new avatar? Yang hated the not knowing more than she could express.

Yang spotted a ship she recognized at the docks, one she had never seen in person. It was an Inchon, an old fire nation ferry design that had been recalled for some reason. Yang stopped her mind dead before it could bleat its demands to investigate. She was like a child in a candy store, at least according to the idiom. Yang had, of course, never actually been in a candy store.

Malin explained that he had been tasked to lead the group to Republic City. Until the assertion could be proved, Yang would not alter her suspicions. She did add “find out what the leaders were thinking before their murder” to her list of intermediary tasks. He was asking for suggestions at least, when someone leading Yang to a trap would not be so willing to hand over the dictatorial power he seemed to hold.

Going to the police was the obvious first step, even without the dubiously-real rendezvous plan. High-profile assassinations would be the business of law enforcement, at least ones which occur on airship rides into one’s jurisdiction. Yang wished they had a way of contacting South Pole authorities, but another flight would not be worthwhile: information could be gathered from investigators whenever it was required: primary leads went cold if left too long. Yang did not acknowledge the part of her mind that wanted her to return to see if maybe her parents had not died. Such hopes were not useful.

Yang decided it was time to speak. Give her input now, or miss opportunities to help her peers.

“Even if, somehow, whoever…” the word she wanted froze in her throat. She changed course, hopefully imperceptibly. “…caused the explosions knew where we were going, we haven’t been followed closely. If our enemies are aware we are in the city, we have plenty of time to hide ourselves amongst millions.”

The weight of those numbers was finally sinking in, the faint vibrations she could feel through her shoes overwhelming in their intensity. This must be what an earthquake feels like.

“Going to the police would be a good use of our time. We’ll gain valuable information, no matter what, for a small time investment. If the police are able to take action, or we are brought along, that’s even better. If we are found unreasonably quickly after our meeting with Beifong, we’ll have an idea of just how influential whatever attacked us is, and if not, and they are so influential, we will probably be found very quickly regardless of potential meetings.”

Yang confirmed that there were no immediate, serious objections, and powered through. She was not one for public speaking, she never had been.

“The police could offer us protection regardless of our opponents, and competent lives lost in combat would very likely save innocents later, if fighting were to break out. We should not, however, limit ourselves to police information. Leads go cold, information becomes cluttered; time is of the essence, and anything we can glean before it runs out will be useful. I suggest we meet with the authorities quickly, and then use whatever direction they give us to guide our investigation, if there is any investigating left to do.”

Yang did not end her speech with fanfare, simply stopped talking, arresting her chain of thought before it pulled her off a cliff.

Malin nodded. "Okay... Sounds like a plan." He said. "My question is, who says they will divulge any information to us?" If Malin was correct, Yang was suggesting they take any information given to them and start up their own investigation. That could work, but that's if they received information. "I mean, why would they give a bunch of kids any information regarding the death of the Avatar or any other information for that matter?"

Malin heard the part about protection and ran it over in his mind. "Protection sounds like a good idea. We could use it." As he ran Yang's plan over in his mind he tried to look for any possible flaws within it. As far as he could tell, there were none. "She's as smart as I expected." Malin thought.

The part about recieving information from the police was a bit of a pipe dream but the prospect of protection sounded amazing. The group needed the protection, at least until they got a handle on things. Who was Malin to deny the group safety? Actual safety. Not what he or Keydin could promise the group, actual sfety that the police were trained to ensure.

"Listen... I can't say I like the idea of it. The thought of going to someone for protection, who could possibly turn on us, is a scary one. But I can't deny you all safety." Malin sighed, finally giving in. "We'll go to the police." Malin said. "But to make sure these people are who they say they are, I will go with Yang to meet with Beifong. If she seems alright, we will come back for you." Malin's voice managed to take on a more serious tone than it had already. "But if we don't make it back here by sundown, chances are somethings gone terribly wrong. In the event of that happening, or something going wrong here, I want you guys to take Buma, and fly further south, preferably to a small village far away from here, and do your best to stay alive." Malin hated having to talk like this. He hated having to prepare for the worst case scenario, but that was what was going to keep them alive.

"Should someone find you all, claiming to be police you get out of there. At least one of us will come along to get you. If you don't see Yang or myself there, run." Malin tuned to Keydin. "Keydin, you're in charge of the group while we are gone. When we flew in I saw a storm ddrain that empties out into the ocean. Fly Buma there and wait for us."

Malin closed in the distance between himself and Keydin and lowered his tone so only the two of them could here. "I trust your judgement." Malin said. "If it comes down to abandoning Yang and I the others may protest, but I know you'll do the right thing." Malin pulled away and put a hand on Keydin's shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Well then." Malin said as he stood. "We should get going. Shall we?" Malin asked Yang, hopping down from Buma. He turned to the others who sat on top of the Bison. "If it comes down to it, don't hesitate to fight for your life. It's their life, or yours, and remember... Trust no one!" with those final words, he was off, fully expecting Yang to catch up to him.

@Knight Nate

Keydin watched Malin run away and shook his head with a sigh. He expected him to leave the two if things got worse? He couldn't do that. They were his friends, and abandoning them was something he couldn't do. And yet, if it was to protect even more friends, would he do it? Keydin continued this inner battle with himself as Yang hopped off and he subconsciously got Buma into the air, but before he flew off, he shouted down to the two.

"Make sure you get whoever it was that ran off for food!"

And with that, he flew Buma away, the rest of the party in the saddle and brought her down to the storm drain, a rather large one. Once they landed, he stretched and laid down on his back, closing his eyes.

"Might as well get comfortable, guys. I've got a feeling this might be a long wait."

Malin looked back at Keydin, and managed to send a smirk his way, before continuing his venture to the police stationm he asked around, and was informed of the location, of the station. "Thank you very much." Malin responded before turning and heading towards the heart of the city. Malin pulled out the piece of salted meat he had recieved from Keydin, and began to take bites out of it. He turned when he realized Yang had come with him, and offered her a piece of the meat. Apparently the part of the city they were in wasnt the most affluent, because the meet was quickly snatched from Malin's hand by a dirty old man, and run off with. "Well then." Malin said turning and continuing towards the police station.

The two had remained quiet most of the trip, but something had been nagging at Malin ever since they had left the encampment. There was a vibe Malin had been getting from Yang that he couldn't quite put his finger on. "You dont trust me." Malin said breaking the silence between them.

@Knight Nate

@Zamice

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Kimiko was startled awake by the sound of the bison and got up sheepishly with a groan and a a scratch of an itch in her scalp. "What is wrong with you, you big furball."She said in some annoyance, trudging from laying against one of Buma leg's to its head.

Keydin sat up, looking around. Something wasn't right, he could feel it. He patted Buma on the head as he responded.

"Something's up, and Buma can feel it. But I'm not certain of what just yet...."

Buma continued to freak out and then stopped, once the drainage pipe began to shake. Buma groaned and looked around when suddenly the part of the pipe above them was torn open revealing a trio of men dressed in metal gear with an unrecognisable insignia on it. "Are these them?" One of the men asked looking down at the kids. A recognizable voice could be heard at a man peered down the whole. "Thats them alright! Those are thise trouble makers from earlier, but it looks like some of them are gone." Said the man from the docks earlier. "We'll worry about them later." One of the officers said looking back down at the group. "We are with the Republic City police force, and we're gonna have to ask you kids to come with us. If you do not choose to comply we will have to resort to more forceful methods." Said the officer who'd spoken the whole time.

@Knight Nate

@Lucinde

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

@Zamice

Malin sighed as they continued walking. "Fine." He said. "Dont answer the question if you dont want to... No reason for you to answer a question I already know the answer too." Malin came to a complete stop in front of a 5 story building with the words "Police Station" written on the front. "I guess we made it." Malin began his ascent up the set of steps that led to the front doors. A panicked feeling began to settle in as something didnt quite feel right.

As he cleared the steps and placed his hand on the door handle he turned back to Yang and then back forward. He slowly pulled the door open until he felt something wiz past his face that was followed by a flash of white light and a loud boom.

Malin wound up clear on the other side of the street on the sighed walk. He couldnt here much, only a constant ringing noise. He tried forcing his arms to lift him up but he couldn't. All he could do was lay there, facing the demolished police station, blood begining to pool around his head. The boy moved his eyes, searching for any sign of Yang.... "Had she perished?" Malin wasn't given tok much time to dwell on this question before he lost all conciousness.

@Pentagon

Keydin quickly stood and took a defensive stance, facing the policemen with no fear.

"I'm afraid we can't do that."

Kimiko perked up at the idea of there being trouble about. Apart from the explosion of the blimp, things were boring and dull about and she was itching for excitement. She smiled further when the police came and she went into fighting stance." You heard my friend. No can do."

The head policeman sighed. "Well then..." He started. "I guess we are going to have to do this the hard way." The three policeman shot metal cables down into the pipe and were about to jump down when suddenly the ground shook, and a loud boom echoed throughout the city.

"Sir? What was that?" One of the two other soldiers asked the head officer. He said nothing in response, instead he just stood there, watching the smoke rise into the air. "No... It cant be..." He mumbled.

"Sir! Thats in the direction of the police station! Something isnt right here." One of the officers tried radioing into the station but he got no response. "Oh my god! They arent answering! They always answer! Sir whag do we do?!?!" The main officer turned towards his backup. "We get over there and see whats going on! They may need our help down there... So lets go!" The head officer said. His backup nodded and they went off to aid the police station.

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @Lucinde

@Zamice

Kimiko smiled at the fight about to begin. When the police went to fire the metal cables she leapt and roled to avoid them while trying to move foward. She was within striking range before the police just left. "Oh come on! We just got stared!"She complained before running after them hoping the incident there would be more interesting than this.

The officers swung from building to building with the use of their metal cables. But by the time they reached the station, they werent able to take note if the fact thag the girl had managed to keep up. Their eyes were pre-occupied as they looked upon the burning building. "Oh my god... Chief!!! Search the ruble! Look for any signs of life!" Said the head officer.

The men sifted through the ruble in front of the building, looking for surivivors, but they saw no one. "Sir! I think I found someone!!" The head officer got up and ran towards his underling to see him across the street kneeling over a kid. "Sir... He's alive, but he might nit be for long." The young officer said. Just then the sound of sirens rang through the air. "You get him on a stretcher and to the hospital... I'll call the mayor." The head officer said.

The younger offcer nodded and knealt by Malin, not wanting to move him for fear of worsening his injuries.

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

"Kimiko, stop! We have to.....ugh. She's gone."

Keydin shook his head as he watched Kimiko chased after the officers. He looked down at the rest of the group.

"Stay here."

Keydin sighed as he grabbed a rope and climbed up the hole, chasing after Kimiko.

Kimiko reached the station barely keeping up with the officera and was nearly out of breath at that point. She saw the station ablaze as she caught her breath. This was no coincidence, she thought, the white lotus and now the police... Her thoughts was interupted when she remebered Malin snd his froup were goimg towards here and began to worry. When there wss a mention of a survivor, she rushed toward the officer as quickly as possible. She saw Malin laying there and her heart sank, she reached him and shoved the officer aside to kneel by him."Malin!"She tried to shake him awake. "You would be a total dick if you die like this.."She muttered before trying to resacitate him and breathing into his mouth.

Keydin climbed up the hole and stepped out. The first thing he saw was the smoke, and he shook his head, following it. He eventually reached the source, and found just a bunch of rubble. Confused, he scratched the back of his head, but then he saw Kimiko rush past him. He followed after her and spotted Malin on the ground, he rushed over, standing above him while Kimiko kneeled next to him.

"What the hell happened?!"

Malin groaned and opened his eyes to ses Kimiko breathing into his mouth. He quickly pushed her away and tried to stand up but made a noise as his ankle twisted more than it already was. "Ahh... We've got to go! We've got to get out of here!" Malin said as he began freaking out. He was pretty shaken up by the whole ordeal. "We... We have to go and get out of the city... Whoever it is thats doing this, is here."

Malin lifted his arms to Kimiko and Keydin gesturing for them to help him walk. "Hurry! While everyone is distracted we can escape. Help me up."

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Leone said:
Malin groaned and opened his eyes to ses Kimiko breathing into his mouth. He quickly pushed her away and tried to stand up but made a noise as his ankle twisted more than it already was. "Ahh... We've got to go! We've got to get out of here!" Malin said as he began freaking out. He was pretty shaken up by the whole ordeal. "We... We have to go and get out of the city... Whoever it is thats doing this, is here."
Malin lifted his arms to Kimiko and Keydin gesturing for them to help him walk. "Hurry! While everyone is distracted we can escape. Help me up."

@Knight Nate

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
She breathed a sigh of relief quickly before changing to her usual demeanour and scoffed."oh please don't be chicken, if here is where the action is here is where we stay."She said helping him up, "it is more fun and technically it is our job."

"It is NOT our job to leave injured friends out where there is violence! Where are we supposed to take him? Back to the others?"

Keydin quickly stepped over and put Malin's other arm over his shoulder.

"Isn't it what I have been trying to say?"She replied to Keydin."We needo to take him to a healer, duh, thereally should be one in this massive city."

"I dont need a healer, and it isnt our job to chase after some serial murder who is likeley to blow us up without ever being noticed. Now I have had enough of your stupid ideas Kimiko, if I say we're leaving... WE'RE LEAVING!" Malin yelled at his sister. "I am not going to let you or anybody compromise the safety of everyone else. We already lost Yang... And our parents... I wont lose all if you... Now... Takr me to buma before someone catches us." Malin felt bad fur blowing up on his sister lije that, but he didnt regret it.

Ever since their parents divotced theres been a strain on their relationship, but Malin still loves her as if theyd grown up as one loving family, and whatever he had to sah or do to keep her from making bad decisions that would cost her her life, he would say or do it.

@Knight Nate

Keydin raised an eyebrow at Malin's outburst. He didn't think that he would resort to shouting so quickly, but what works works. He kept his head down and kept moving, making his way to the hole they climbed out of.

Kimiko remakmed silent for a moment after her brothers rant. "You big wimp." She said finally and simply at first. "All this training from our parents and a little sprained ankle gets you quitting. How are you my blood I never I understand. People blowing stuff up willie nilly and possibly after us, you would just let them be? I won't. I can't. Here."She handed him Keydin."You two can go but I am not leaving while all of us and many others are in danger by this bastards. No one messes with my family and gets away with it."She turned towards the station ruins and went to rush towards it. She needed leads and clues and right now this is the only place she can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back