• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I didn't, but... I also feel like I'm doing the majority of the IC PC-based posting around here and... I feel kind of awkward. Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie You guys are still in this, right?

Hard to say. I don't know the system as well as others that I play, so I lack the mechanical know how to make the character work for me. But that's just a part of it. It has nothing to do with you, jaydude jaydude , so please don't take this as a commentary on you.

Psychie Psychie What's the other part(s) of it? What would help ya?

I mean, this game to me is nothing near as complex as say, HERO - Champions, and if we can game in that high-difficulty gaming system, we can do the same here. =)

I've been replacing my lack of game knowledge with love of the atmosphere. There's really no other world quite like Avatar! =)

We kin haz O-Ren post, Psychie Psychie ? =)

I don't think either you nor Sherwood want Bamboo answering the question the general has put to us. =)

Liu shrugs. "Does it really matter? I went left when I should have gone right, and because of that, I got to spend several months of hard labor in a prison camp. If it were not for my fellow prisoners, I'd still be there until I was old and grey."
/silly on

That's Liu-language for... Nunya!

As in Nunya Bizness! =)

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

/silly off

I just want to try to avoid the scene where I get taken to an Earth Nation prison instead of a Fire Nation one.

Right? Bamboo doesn't want for Liu that any more than I do! =)

Hard to say. I don't know the system as well as others that I play, so I lack the mechanical know how to make the character work for me. But that's just a part of it. It has nothing to do with you, jaydude jaydude , so please don't take this as a commentary on you.
Apologies for neglecting this for so long.

Since you're using the Pillar playbook, your main gimmick in terms of gameplay is basically being able to support and buff the rest of the group. How this works is that if you have O-Ren take specific actions - in her case calling upon companions to live up to their principles and doing so herself - she earns a resource known as "team", which she can expend to benefit other members of the group.

Okay. I'll be honest, but I'm not really getting a lot of enthusiasm for this game right now. Which is fair; other system, other stuff going on right now. So with that in mind, and considering where we are in the story at this moment, I'm probably going to bring this to a close. Thanks for sticking around, everyone.

Oh, I get it. =) I have an "old saying" I go by: "I can't do anything with silence." I think conversations are the rivers that keep games flowing and going and silence is the dead of space that stops any game, anywhere.

I'm just disappointed (and rather surprised, really!) that not only one of your good Avatar games petered out, but both! I went to the second in the hopes that I might ask you if Bamboo and Smoochie could hop in there, only to find it done - that's how much I enjoyed this game of yours! =)

I don't know why this took place. It wasn't you; you did everything a GM reasonably could. For me, at least, it's not the system because again, you made using the system as open and easily as humanly possible (seriously; I would have done the same and you did it using less words and with more efficiency than I could have). Would it have worked better if it were in a system we were already familiar with? Say, Palladium Fantasy or D20/Pathfinder? Who can say?

I guess folks just don't like the game itself or something? I've preordered a physical copy of Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG (via GameNerdz) and I'm still looking forward to owning it. =) You guys and gals really gave me a blessing when you introduced me to Avatar!

But yeah, Jay! The next time you decide to get another game going in any system, do look me up? At the very least, I'll give it a really good look! Are you into Doctor Who by chance? Heh! Oh, what a universe that appears to be! =)

doctor who television GIF by BBC America

I'm just disappointed (and rather surprised, really!) that not only one of your good Avatar games petered out, but both! I went to the second in the hopes that I might ask you if Bamboo and Smoochie could hop in there, only to find it done - that's how much I enjoyed this game of yours! =)
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I might have been a bit hesitant to bring you into my Kyoshi Era game though, simply because the content there is largely based on two novels, and I know what you're like regarding spoilers.

I don't know why this took place. It wasn't you; you did everything a GM reasonably could. For me, at least, it's not the system because again, you made using the system as open and easily as humanly possible (seriously; I would have done the same and you did it using less words and with more efficiency than I could have). Would it have worked better if it were in a system we were already familiar with? Say, Palladium Fantasy or D20/Pathfinder? Who can say?

I guess folks just don't like the game itself or something? I've preordered a physical copy of Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG (via GameNerdz) and I'm still looking forward to owning it. =) You guys and gals really gave me a blessing when you introduced me to Avatar!
Thanks, and I'm glad that I got you into this fandom at any rate. Let me know what progress you're making on watching the show!

Right now, I'm largely giving people the benefit of the doubt and assuming they all had other stuff that kept them busy.

But yeah, Jay! The next time you decide to get another game going in any system, do look me up? At the very least, I'll give it a really good look! Are you into Doctor Who by chance? Heh! Oh, what a universe that appears to be! =)

doctor who television GIF by BBC America
Will do. Might hesitate for any Avatar Legends stuff not set in the Roku or Hundred Year War eras though, simply because of your desire to not have things spoiled.

In regards to Doctor Who, I'm vaguely familiar with it, but emphasis on vaguely.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I might have been a bit hesitant to bring you into my Kyoshi Era game though, simply because the content there is largely based on two novels, and I know what you're like regarding spoilers.
Which I remain so very appreciative! =)

Thanks, and I'm glad that I got you into this fandom at any rate. Let me know what progress you're making on watching the show!
Yes! I'm not far past where I was the last time we chatted. But this? Yes, I can do this (besides I really want to see...

...Uncle Iroh get out of prison! He's been secretly working out and everything! Plus, he's got his secret gaming friends helping him deliver messages! Go, Uncle, go! 8D

Avatar The Last Airbender Surprise GIF

Will do. Might hesitate for any Avatar Legends stuff not set in the Roku or Hundred Year War eras though, simply because of your desire to not have things spoiled.
No worries! If you decide to start an Avatar game that I haven't seen, I won't be bothered in the least because I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you (hopefully) found some players that'll stick with the game! =)

In regards to Doctor Who, I'm vaguely familiar with it, but emphasis on vaguely.
I'm a bit familiar with it but the amount of things I don't know heavily outweigh what I do! I had to ask because the Doctor Who games on PDF (like all 28 of them!) are on sale at Humble Bundle and I got them! Wooo! =)

jaydude jaydude Re: Avatar.

Man, Blood-bending is creepy and so is that lady-wacko who invented it! I'm convinced Katara will use it for much-different ends than Hama, though. =)

Yeah. And yeah, being shut up for years and barely given any water will do that to you. :-_-lines:
Right! I feel worse for her having gone wacko than the villagers she imprisoned. I hope she gets her mind back someday!

Oh! And Sokka made a good name for the bounty hunter - "Combustion Man!" As I suspected, that third eye on his forehead is both a strength and a weakness for him! Here's hoping "the Aang Gang" figure it out the next time they have to take him on. =)

Last edited:
I watched the Invasion (parts 1 and 2) tonight and was blown away. All of the characters remain so very true to themselves and are thus easy to believe in. =)

I was saddened when I saw that Mako's name was no longer under the voice acting credits for Uncle. Mako was highly inspirational to a lot of people long before Avatar: The Last Airbender. Like James Hong, Bruce Lee, and George Takei, Mako helped bring a special humanity to Asian-American actors back when there were few. Back when most were being stereotyped on television. One great example is the Kung Fu series starring Italian-American actor David Carradine. Kwai Chang Caine (Carradine's character) was half-Chinese, half-Caucasian as (reportedly) the TV producers of the day did not think that America was ready for a full-blooded Asian in the lead role.

Mako helped to break such bonds. I imagine he was immensely proud to be a part of Avatar. =)

Also, the episode after that former Prince Zuko has arrived to try and convince the Aang Gang to let him in and teach Aang firebending. As always, one of the gang (Toph, this time) comes away with some solid wisdom brought about in part by her ability to detect lies. I'm convinced Zuko has turned over a new leaf, but of course, the Aang Gang rightly has their doubts. I feel Katara's deadly warning to Zuko is no idle threat.

Zuko has a long way to go but I admire him for finding his own destiny. In Real Life, I've only met a handful of people who really do. I can say from firsthand experience that it's worth it. Trust yourself. Learn about yourself. Like yourself. Love yourself for all of your gifts and warts. Make peace with your past and appreciate every day you have left. This is one path to creating one's own destiny. Zuko, a fictional character, is on this path after sacrificing much. I hope he and Uncle Iroh meet up again and Uncle gets to see Zuko as he is now! =)

But the biggest surprise to me of all... Combustion Man... combusted!! They showed his prosthetic arm/claw fall away without the man attached - I think he's dead! Whoa!! The story laid out how it happened very, very well - but I did not expect him to meet his end!

Wow! What a story! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Oh! Thanks for the Well-written, Jay! That feels good! 8D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back