• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Nineteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus FINALLY!

Happy Party GIF by Microsoft Cloud

Are these the elusive Kickstarter dice you were supposed to receive ages ago? Sorry, can't quite remember the whole story.
jaydude jaydude I am willing to bet big time that they are! And Cap'n received them during his lifetime! Huzzaaaahh! 8D (Cap'n really did have to wait quite a bit longer than anticipated if memory serves.)

You got them!! Hurrayyyyy!!!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus And they look so cool, too! Are they heavy? Are they as smooth as they appear to be? Are the Dragon Eyes really that colorful or is that a trick of the light?

Heya Gang! I am on Day 3 of my headache/migraine (it is dancing between the two). With any luck, it will be gone by tomorrow. I will try to post here after Sil's post and in Broadsword when my brain and opportunity allows. Stay healthy and safe! =)

Heya Gang!

Update! My headaches are back (so soon). I think the weather has something to do with this, but at least they're not migraines. You would think 10 hours of sleep would be enough to set that right, right? Not this time. =) Anyways, come heck or high water, I want to post in both games. All I seem to be able to do brain-wise is post in other games as my PCs and play video games (Remnant 2 is a neat game and requires no serious amounts of thinking).

Concerning Broadsword, I think I'll do something a little different and reply to each of the Wild Cards' posts one at a time instead of one "monsta!"-sized post. Taking it in bite-sized chunks seems to be the way to go.

But first... coffee. Love you guys and gals! Stay in out of the heat!

Honor and HOT!,
Dann =)

Luna looks at the halfling with open interest. Some of what he said hints art what they know about the bridge that Loviatar has established. Thanks to the curse leveled on the party before, she knows from personal experience of the icy land that the Maiden of Pain calls her own. But what is the staff that Aldrin is speaking of? How does it affect their fight against the bridge?
This is the part where the DM sits back and allows the Players to chat! =) How do the PCs decide to answer this?

Also, good news! I have taken a 3-day weekend here and see LOTS of Palladium-based time in my near future. That means posting in Broadsword (one stage at a time is probably best to keep it simple instead of one humungous post). That also means furthering our discussion in our Conversation and more. But first? Sleeeeeep. =) Be well, Gang!

Sleepy Good Night GIF by ProBit Global

This is the part where the DM sits back and allows the Players to chat! =) How do the PCs decide to answer this?
We don't, I guess? Luna didn't actually say anything, those are her thoughts. :P

Though when I do a Kaerri post (today or tomorrow, most likely), she'll respond to what Aldrin has said, which may help.

We don't, I guess? Luna didn't actually say anything, those are her thoughts. :P

Though when I do a Kaerri post (today or tomorrow, most likely), she'll respond to what Aldrin has said, which may help.
PC = Player Characters. Players might help other Players remember what they perhaps have forgotten. =)

Luna looks at the halfling with open interest. Some of what he said hints art what they know about the bridge that Loviatar has established. Thanks to the curse leveled on the party before, she knows from personal experience of the icy land that the Maiden of Pain calls her own. But what is the staff that Aldrin is speaking of? How does it affect their fight against the bridge?

Since no one else is speaking up, I'd guess they've forgotten just like Sherwood has and haven't had time to look it up, or post a reply if they have. So here's my reply.

I'm assuming the staff that Aldrin is speaking of is the one currently being held by Shalin, the one mentioned early on in the current IC thread. (Unless Aldrin's vision is of the past, rather than the future. More on that later.)
While this is happening, everyone watching gets a brief but very clear look at something beyond Oscar - it is a seated robed figure with handsome elven male features with his nose in a book while his hands are rubbing some kind of oil along a staff-length piece of glimmering wood. Those who have met him recognize Shalin the Sorcerer.

For those interested in reading the full background, I recommend Chapter 10, Highwind,, and Chapter 11, The Troubled Temple of Tapio. For those without sufficient time, a summary:
Highwind is and has been at war with a rather large army of various evils for some time. Oscar was able to discover a solution that would end the war in Highwind's favor (though it cost him his life, Bria reincarnated him into the red panda he is now). That solution is, the god of hunters, Tapio (Mielikki's husband) must physically return to Sharseya. Legends say Tapio was barred from Sharseya when his temple was destroyed, but the Wanderers learned his temple is not destroyed but instead defiled -- Loviatar placed an "ice bridge" within it that leads, presumably, to her own realm. Shalin once destroyed another such bridge as it was being constructed to a similarly-evil purpose, but it cost him all his comrades and a three-fold curse placed on him by Loviatar herself. The means of destruction: a staff called Firespike, which released a tremendous amount of energy when it was itself destroyed, enough to break Loviatar's bridge. Now, Shalin works to create another such staff for the Wayward Wanderers to use to break the ice bridge in Tapio's temple, so that it can be reconsecrated and Tapio restored to Sharseya. Meanwhile, the Wayward Wanderers have been trying to prepare themselves for the mission, in part by visiting one of Highwind's best shops for adventuring gear. (Party composition has also shifted somewhat since then, so becoming closer as a team will be a big help -- this is a pretty high-stakes mission.)

About Aldrin's vision -- I'm guessing it's either the future, meaning the bridge in Tapio's temple, or the past, Shalin's destruction of the prior in-progress bridge. Hard to really say which, but given the lightning-wracking elven hands he saw, I'm inclining towards the past.

Having re-familiarized my own self with the above, I'm more prepared for Kaerri's post now. But I've run out of evening so it'll have to be written tomorrow.

Short note: I've got a busy weekend, but I'm aiming to get responses from Aldrin up on Monday.

Short note: I've got a busy weekend, but I'm aiming to get responses from Aldrin up on Monday.
"Short note?" Izzat some kinda hobbit joke?! (Hope your weekend is kind to you, dear Sil!) 8D

"As for the things we do - it always feels like there should be more one can do. Things one might have been able to notice, in hindsight. But I suppose that if there's something out there - something watching me from beyond that vision - then I am doing something right. Still, I wonder who might have observed me, just now. Did they intrude in my vision? Or I in theirs? Or were we meant to notice each other, just now?"
This is so deep! =)

Heads up. Will try and get started on porting Alisa over to the new system tomorrow.

Heya Gang!

My head's still a mess from the weather we've been having. I will try to get posts out in both games in the next 48 hours. I know I want to say, it's just difficult saying it. But this too shall pass. =)

Stay healthy and wise!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

No worries. I've been a bit out of it myself these last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back