• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Nineteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychie Psychie
Oreleth takes a moment to close her eyes and lift her face up to the sky, enjoying the feel of the rain on her. As an elf, she is not one to shy away from the elements, and she found the rainfall to be most pleasant.

After her quiet moment, she looks over at Stewart and wordlessly slips over to join him at the bench. Oreleth smiles at the sight of the circling rain clouds, seeing the beauty on them even as she respects the power of the storm.

She continues to sit, waiting for Stewart to break the silence.
What a simple and beautiful scene! Way to go, Cookie Monster! =)

Just tossing out a post for anyone who feels like posting. =)

Yeah, I have kinda been meaning to post in one of these topics.

Given the most recent subject of the IC discussion, I'm feeling inclined to try and get the drinking vessel so that we can have the Kobolds settle within Goliath's Wreath. That, and I don't know how easy a time the Kobolds would have trying to integrate into Highwind.

jaydude jaydude I can tell you what Alisa knows for certain. Of Goliath's Wreath, it's a place to be avoided for reasons already explained.

Goliath is the name of a legendary bulette that roams Shandra's Evergreen. The creature is a staunch ally of the Druidic Circle and tends to eat anything evil or threatening but he is not that bright. He is said to be friendly to Mielikkians that identify themselves as such if they can somehow prove it to him.

Goliath's appetite is said to be staggering in proportion to any other creatures his size and his size matches his name big time! =)

As for kobolds in Highwind, Alisa is old enough to remember a time when Highwind was humanity-only (she was a girl's age then, I imagine? I don't see Alisa's age listed on your character sheet).

It's only in this last generation (roughly 18 years ago) that non-humans were allowed to come and stay and become citizens - a permanent part of Highwind. That was in peace-time.

Highwind is a nation that has never known war until now. This is all new to them. But they are on the side of their people. In order for a kobold to join, they're going to have to prove a lot of things. Without a doubt, they must prove that they are not evil, and not they're not spies for the Army of the Black Fang who is led by a dragon, and more.

I'm not saying it can't happen; I am saying it's not going to be a short road but a long uphill climb, possibly the hardest climb of any of the races that have ever tried to join and live in Highwind. None of Highwind's races have any history of cruelty and evil.

This kobold Tribe of the Silver Sun is the only bunch of kobolds any of you have ever heard of in your lives that are not twisted, vicious, and diabolic - just like goblins, works, and other nefarious races.

They know they have it rough and you are the first adventuring group to help them!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Alright. I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, but I'll try and get some more thoughts on this together.

Alright. I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, but I'll try and get some more thoughts on this together.
Sure! May those thoughts be pleasant and fun!

Hey Kaerri Kaerri ! You don't know of any creature called Goliath in the game, do you? * looks around and scratches his head in mock confusion*

Nope, not a clue. Certainly never helped a hobbit druidess clamber inside its mouth to clean its teeth or anything.

Liar Carole Kane GIF by The Princess Bride

8D

jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri

She pauses, then asks, "Is it a circle of fog, or a hemisphere? Asking 'cause if it's just a circle, surely someone would've flown over and seen inside by now."
Once again, Alisa is the one to talk to. Jay, Alisa can be nigh-certain that the Wayward Wagon would represent the only flying force in that vicinity larger than a bird. This is because of the history of Hill Giants that like to go marauding will throw branches, rocks, and even boulders at anything in the air just to see if they can hit it.

The Ogre Magi who belong to the Army of the Black Fang are even worse because their Lightning Bolt spells never miss. Anything flying around in the area of Goliath's Wreath is highly likely to belong to Highwind or Mielikki and those evil miscreants know it.

Kaerri was thinking of Highwind's gael-riders, actually. Or do they not go out that far? Or is the fog of Goliath's Wreath new since the war?

Kaerri Kaerri Both.

Plus, Highwind does everything it can to protect the gaels including not having them fly over battles or potential battles. Anything in the air makes for a great target. Gaels and their riders are never endangered unnecessarily.

Yeah, I only now considered that perhaps we should think about what the kobolds might want here.

(If the kobolds explicitly agreed to defer to our judgement on this matter, whatever it was, apologies for forgetting)

I only thought about it after Alisa brought it up!

I guess no one else is posting so I'll try to post later today (in both games). Stay safe and healthy, Gang! =)

Bumping for everybody but especially jaydude jaydude concerning what's in the spoiler (read in-game first, please). =)

Hope everybody had a good weekend! =)

Does Alisa reply with an offer to aid Stewart? If so, what is she looking for in a place to set down?

Ah, apologies. I must have forgotten that you were waiting for input from me specifically.

Ah, apologies. I must have forgotten that you were waiting for input from me specifically.
What?! You mean you're human like the rest of us?! Oh Em Geeeee! =)

Or put another way, no worries! Have a good one, Jay! =)

I posted this in Broadsword's "Good Times" thread, but dropping it here also so jaydude can enjoy too! ^D^

IMG_1159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back