• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Kaerri has been the leader in so many of our Sharseyan games - she knows what the party wants! 8D

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Dear Sherwood and Psychie, I just have to ask (and mind you, I am smiling kindly as I'm writing this; smiling in a good way if a little unsure)... are Luna and Oreleth really doing this?

You are both yourselves Game Masters and I'm sure you can figure out why I am asking this (for the sake of clear communication, it's because I'm going to play scene as it is written by your characters). I am having one of my nights tonight where I might be seeing things the non-neurodevelopmentally challenged aren't or vice versa. Ha ha! =)

So bear with me as I tell you what's going in my (admittedly overworked today, but still smiling) head. This is what I've got:

Luna is hardly the most pious individual, but when faced with the Goddess Mielikki, it makes her heart skip a beat! The fire mage curtsies deeply to the forest goddess, then says, "Divine Mielikki, has our work in the cursed frozen lands of the Maiden of Pain stopped the threat to this land? I know that with the return of the giant Gigas to our world has given the hated one a black eye, but I still fear for our world and our lands from the bridge that the Maiden of Pain had tried to set up."

Luna asks the Goddess of the Hunt an important question that perhaps only she can answer! Terrific! It is a good question with plenty of motivation for the rest of the group to hear the answer! And besides, how often does one have the counsel of a goddess, right? I mean, wow!

This is followed by:
Oreleth is quite happy with the idea of going inside the city once more, and she says to the others, "We have had a rough time in the frozen lands. Shall we go and see what lies in Highwind for us and celebrate our return? I wish to have a good meal, a strong drink, and a nice soft bed, preferably in that order."

Luna glances over at Oreleth, and lets out a sigh. "I suppose that we can leave some of the answers for later, and enjoy a good bottle of wine and something good to eat. Let us go into the city and see what fun we can have in celebration of our success over Loviatar." She gives each of the party a smile, and motions for you to follow her into the city.

Now... while I am happy that you have posted and apparently in the spirit of getting the game moving (great! Almost never a bad thing!). However, if I am to continue using these three posts, you understand that the Wayward Wanderers (or at the very least Oreleth and Luna) are kind of... well... blowing off Mielikki on your way into Highwind, aren't they? The goddess doesn't get the chance to answer the question; she's just left there, possibly with her mouth hanging open. Not the way most people treat a lady, much less one of the divine personages whom a large amount of the Highwind populace (and some outside the city) hold very dear (including, as you can imagine, Paladin Bren and Melshaef the Druidess). Do you see, dear friends, how I am coming to this conclusion? =)

So... again, are Oreleth and Luna really doing this? Because if they are, I will handle and roleplay it accurately (of that you can be assured). =)

On the off-chance that I have missed some clue or OOC notification (always possible!), please let me know? Again, I mean all of this in the best, most-positive way, but still a DM must ask, for I feel a good DM does exactly that - they ask for clarification instead of just strolling on without it. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

P.S. I will reply to this tomorrow. This Dann is headed for much-needed bed! Sleep well when it's your turn! =)

I was more interested in trying to move the story along, since it seemed that we were stuck, waiting for us to do something. I will most certainly not be brushing off the goddess, so if it is ok, I'll just go ahead and remove my post.

Like Sherwood had said, I was just wanting to help move things along. I can edit my post accordingly.

Oh, O.K.! I get it now!

If anyone's "stuck," it's me. I'm still putting together the answers you guys have given me. For example, I'm trying to help Cap'n with his characters. I'm hearing that you guys want to go shopping (but things have changed a little in Highwind since the Wayward Wanderers left and so I have to do up another sheet). You guys like the idea of following Oreleth and Otiorin's quests. You're willing to put off going to the Troubled Temple of Tapio until Kaerri switches out her characters. Oreleth will be taking the reins as the Wayward Wanderers new leader. D. Rex's character is still in limbo. And everyone wants a module. In addition, I've just come off of a 3-day migraine that swung me sideways. So, if anyone's off, it's me. I'm just trying to make certain I have all of my ducks in a row before I make moves that I later have to retract. =)

That's a lot of stuff! Plus, I'm trying not to fall behind in our other games (which are fun!). I've gotten most of the above figured out and some of it written up. I don't think I missed anything? If you guys see something (or don't that you want) from that paragraph, call my attention to it if you would?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Tag!)
Do you want me to level Otiorin for you until such a time as you are able to? I can put temporary Skills, Spells, etc. so that way you're not running an 11th level character in a 12th level campaign?

I've been delaying posting myself because I knew Dann was trying to put together the answer to Luna's question.

Hope your head is feeling better!

It is now. Thank God for medicine, Pepsi with Real Sugar, chocolate, and (when I could get it) exercise. All in all, between the naps and the crashes, I slept for over 12 hours a day for the past 3 days. Thanks, bud. I really appreciate ya! =)

I should have something tomorrow. I realize I'm also busier than I've probably ever been in the 8-odd years I've been here. I'm running 3 games (2 and 1 prologue which is definitely deep enough to be considered its own game), I'm playing in 3 others (Wolf's game is slow, but it's still fun). I am helping 1 PC create a deep and interesting character while researching GM styles to improve my skills (one should always improve, or at the very least, maintain their skills). I am also partway through getting the module ready (the intro is finished but knowing us, we won't actually hit the road on it until at least October). On top of that, I'm still keeping up my reading and, of course, there is always work (full-time as always and I'm very grateful for it).

One cool thing is this - the roleplaying always helps me when my migraines hit. Just having something else, something thought-provoking and deep, to keep my constantly-moving, easily-bored, dopamine-seeking mind on something productive and positive is of great benefit. Better yet is the knowing that I've got buddies like all of you who are enjoying it too. =)

So yeah. Something tomorrow at the latest, perhaps tonight at the soonest. Right now, I'm just letting my brain go where it will. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Do you want me to level Otiorin for you until such a time as you are able to? I can put temporary Skills, Spells, etc. so that way you're not running an 11th level character in a 12th level campaign?

You put a heart (Love) on this, so I'm guessing that means, "Yes, Dann! I'd love it!" I'll get to it. =)

I basically took Oti like I owned him and

ADHD STRIKES! So I'm three hours into this and using the only Oti Character Sheet I can find and I'm thinking "8th level Oti? Didn't I level him sometime since then? Well, if so, I can't find it so... it's time to get to typing." I'm nearly done with it when I come across the 11th level Otiorin that I leveled way back in January! Jeez. ADHD has its benefits but right now... I'm going to bed.

Hey Dann, I have a question about magic items in your game. Can an existing item be enhanced? Say, you have a +1 Ring of Protection, can you pay the difference to increase the defense bonus to a +2 or higher? Or do you have to get a brand new item and start from scratch to magic it up?

There is no "coin buy up" in the game (i.e. go to the store and pay to turn, say, a +1 item into a +2 item). It's not very cost-effective (better to just buy the upgraded version). Plus it's really one more good reason to go adventuring after treasures (something the Wayward Wanderers will be seeing during the module). In addition, if that were possible (to just pay coin), then it would eventually create a balance issue.

That said, existing items are sometimes, albeit rarely, improved during in-game experiences (kind of like how the Moonlit Edge started the game at +2, but as a reward due to your successful adventures is now a +3 weapon). So while it's possible for items to be upgraded, it's pretty rare. One more reason to go adventuring!

Sherwood Sherwood You're welcome. I'm (re)doing Otiorin's character sheet here so if you have any other questions or whatnot, I'm here for a little while. =)

Kaerri Kaerri

I just work here. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus I am tagging you to let you know the 1st level Snowball spell, once disallowed in Sharseya in its SRD20 version, is now in the game since Paizo/Archives of Nethys took away its ability to stagger. Cap'n, Oti has the Snowball Spell now (see below). =)

Cap'n, here are some leveling notes for Oti. =)

1. A copy of your old (8th level) character sheet has been provided in Oti's thread (it's the most-recent at the bottom of the thread). =)

2. Since Favored Class is no longer in the game, I've chosen to give Half-Elves the 30% resistance to Sleep and Charm spells they enjoyed back in 1st Edition (roll the percentage prior to rolling Saving Throws. Note to me: Sleep has a Saving Throw in Pathfinder.

3. Re: Half-elf bonus Feats. I screwed up with Half-Elves (Oti, not Kaerri) and somehow gave Oti two bonus Feats when Pathfinder is clear about them getting one (specifically Skill Focus which Oti has). I'm afraid I have to take that Improved Initiative Feat, but... by choosing it as his 7th level Sorcerer Bloodline Feat, he gets it right back (as Improved Initiative is on the Draconic heritage list). Boom-done! =)

4. Spells. I noticed Oti has Mage Armor twice (once from his selected Sorcerer spells and again as a bonus spell from his Draconic heritage). I have replaced the former with Snowball. Also (see Shop Talk), I have swapped his Open/Close cantrip with the ever-useful Prestidigitation with I think fits Oti a great deal better given his nature and background. I have provided links on each of his spells to the wonderful Archives of Nethys website (which, unlike the SRD website I used to complain about, is both accurate and completely backed by Paizo! What's not to like?).

5. 7th Level Sorcerer. Oti gains the Bloodline Feat: Improved Initiative, the Bloodline Spell: Fly, and an additional 2nd and 3rd level Spell (Levitate and Blink, which I can imagine Oti making creative use of). I rolled maximum on the blue d6 for a total of 9 Hit Points! I threw all 5 of his Skill points into Deception, taking him from 5 to 10 Ranks (as it just... seems he should have that level of "Bluff" and "Feint" given his Half-elf/Rogue/Outcast background. 5 Ranks just doesn't seem enough. =) Finally, I put his 12th level Ability Point into Charisma (because if he's going up in Sorcerer, he's going to want that Charisma of 15 big time or he can't cast 5th level Spells). Just looking out for him. =)

6. Signature Ability. I provided Oti a new Signature Ability (as everyone has a minimum of 3 and Oti earned 1, giving him 4).

7. Rogue talent at 4th level. Somehow, I think this talent got missed (I can't find it on Oti's 11th level sheet) so I gave him Point Blank Shot here and replaced his Character Feat with Diehard (since it seems in-character for him and he already has the Endurance Feat prerequisite). This allows Oti to "Automatically stabilize and remain conscious below 0 Hit Points."

8. Again, I just put this together to give Otiorin the benefits that you've earned for him (it just... irks me to have a PC who has earned something in one of my games and is, for whatever reason, unable to use it like going up a level but being too busy to actually level). If you want something changed, start singing. =)

9. Oh, and at least for me, most importantly - I put this new Character Sheet where it belongs! =)

Last edited:
Heya Gang. A DM thought here.

Oh, I'd like to draw your attention to the discussion concerning Bren and Mamapaw. Mielikki calls upon one of them to be her ambassador. Well, you as players know that Kaerri is changing Characters from Bren to Kaerri the Rogue. Guess who's going to raise their hand? (Hint: I didn't say "paw.")

Well, that's not how my imagination, you know - that part of me that wholly exists to create in-game and make it seem and feel right - sees it. So while it's unnecessary from a gaming (meta-game) standpoint to decide who goes, it is still meaningful to those Characters in the game and I think it adds to the story. So, there it is. =)

Ah! RP Nation's King of Puns is handing them out with an iron fist, I see! No need for five-finger discounts here - all of his jokes and puns go hand-in-hand! I'm wagging my finger at you, Sherwood Sherwood ! 8D

Trust Dannigan to palm away one PC to hand off another to us. He'd never give us the finger when it comes to DM fiat. We should all give him a big hand for his efforts and never think to thumb our noses at his efforts.

Captain Hesperus

Well done, Cap'n! Well done!

I am holding on a post from Kaerri Kaerri before we continue. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! Due to the circumstances in-game, I am going to halt my posting until Cap'n has a chance to respond.

Sherwood Sherwood Could I ask you to pull your most-recent post so Otiorin can react? Then have Luna respond, please? I would like Cap'n to have the opportunity to post as Oti and then have the scene roleplayed out. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back