• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! Due to the circumstances in-game, I am going to halt my posting until Cap'n has a chance to respond.

Sherwood Sherwood Could I ask you to pull your most-recent post so Otiorin can react? Then have Luna respond, please? I would like Cap'n to have the opportunity to post as Oti and then have the scene roleplayed out. =)
I'll do so right away.

Thanks a bunch, you! I appreciate it! =)

I just have to say it - I am so happy to see that six years later, we are still playing Sharseya! =)

My first post in Chapter One: The Road of Kings was 27 July 2014!

I hope to post the scene with Oreleth, Dendarian, and Oscar later today. =)

This is why I love Dannigan’s games. You read the Player characters’ natures and intents to a level that reaches supernatural proportions. And, while I am quietly mentally kicking Otiorin’s ass for deciding to hand off his hard-won prize, I cannot fault that it was exactly in character for him. That half-breed bastard’s good nature is going to cause other magical prizes and rewards slip through his fingers and while I’ll be chewing on my hat when he does it, I’ll also be really proud of him.

Captain Hesperus

Sherwood Sherwood

Luna is well aware that her father means the best here. He is attempting to share his greater experience of societies with her so that she does not come out looking like a grade-a idiot by way of ignorance. This talking-to is not at all fierce unlike the shouting matches he had with Alec when he was alive. As the family is quick to remind, everyone knows who was the wiser of your father and brother - a point even Alec will not debate now that he is dead.

Luna bows her head as her father gives her his scolding, wanting to argue with him, but knowing from a lot of experience in doing so that it would be a very bad idea. It doesn't help out at all to know that he's right, and it is a bitter pill to swallow. In a quiet and meek voice, she says, "Yes, father. I understand. I know I shouldn't have done so, but I just couldn't stop myself from trying to help out my friend! Haven't you told us all about the times you have risked your own life to save others? How is this any different, stepping up to help Otiorin?" She puts on a good lip quaver and fixes her father with the best 'sad puppy dog eyes' she can muster, remembering how much trouble that this had gotten her out of. "Am I going to be punished?"

Hmm. Just so you know as Luna's player, Luna's dad is not scolding Luna (just ask Alec); he's explaining in a fatherly fashion while trying to back it up with positive reinforcement instead of the negative reinforcement that scolding unfortunately provides. Alec is the one he still finds himself scolding. Luna knows her father well-enough that if he were going to punish her, she would definitely know about it by now. His sternness is mostly a way of his saying, "Listen to me without interruption, then speak," as opposed to, "Speak and I will crush you," (as Luna would hear were she in a half-orcish family). =)

Oh. And Luna knows that her mother is faaar more likely to fall for the 'sad puppy dog eyes' act than her father who, in Luna's past, sees right through it and continues on trying to reach the adult in Luna. In her father's eyes, games of that sort are meant for children and don't have much place in a conversation between adults as Luna is now expected to be. Luna knows, if you want to get on his good side, just listen to him, do as he asks, and if you have something to say after he's had his say, say it in the moment; don't keep it inside and let it stew for weeks or years if you get my meaning. Luna's counter of "Haven't you told us all about the times you have risked your own life to save others?" is just the kind of talk he is open to hearing - adult to adult. However, her counter definitely opens her up to more of his advice, so if that's what you're going for, you've pressed the right button. =)

Knowing this, you are welcome to change your post if you want to to reflect what Luna knows. What's your fancy? Change or keep?

Hmmm. I am thinking that I'll keep my post, and have a good grown-up talk with dear old dad.

Sherwood Sherwood You got it! Luna, being waaay smarter than argumentative "smart-Alec," is going make it out of this a lot better than he would have!

Also, I have to ask - by continuing her conversation with her father, does this mean that she is taking away her attention from Alec and his plight? It wasn't addressed and I need to know this before I post.

Give me a moment to address his plight as a good sister would: Lots of laughter and finger pointing.

Oh, she goes and ignores Alec! That's so mean (and deserved and sisterly)!

Just wait until Psychie Psychie finds out Luna has gone and done this. She... (...well, she's likely to agree with Luna! Ha ha!) =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

This is why I love Dannigan’s games. You read the Player characters’ natures and intents to a level that reaches supernatural proportions. And, while I am quietly mentally kicking Otiorin’s ass for deciding to hand off his hard-won prize, I cannot fault that it was exactly in character for him. That half-breed bastard’s good nature is going to cause other magical prizes and rewards slip through his fingers and while I’ll be chewing on my hat when he does it, I’ll also be really proud of him.

Captain Hesperus

I will have you know, Cap'n, that I am still glowing from this!! I continue to love every word of this. Thank you!

Kaerri Kaerri It seems the party would like to convene somewhere comfortable. Would Bren like to take them somewhere, and if so, where?

Perhaps all of you can discuss it here? Highwind is a big city!

First place that comes to mind is the Adventurer's Guild. ^;3^

I thought it might be, but a good Dungeon Master asks the party leader. You hear that, Psychie Psychie ? =)

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Does anyone have anything to add for their characters before I move the scene to the Adventurers' Guild? Speak now or forever hold your peace pizza! I like the sound of some nice, fresh, nommy pizza. Mmmm! =)

I believe that Luna is set to go onward with the story at the Guild.

Ha ha! That begs the question - should a fantasy city like Highwind have... pizza? What do folks think? =)

D. Rex D. Rex Here you go!

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! Welcome D. Rex into the mix! He would like to play his (good-aligned) kobold Fighter, Grit! Kobolds are a new PC race for Sharseya. Like the hobbits, wemics, centaurs, and other non-humans who call Highwind home, the Kobolds of the Tribe of the Silver Sun are looking to do the same. Of course, just about everyone thinks Grit and his fellow tribemates are as evil and conniving as any other kobolds out there.

Welcome, D., to Sharseya! =)

And yeah! I i shall be playing a kobold! Definitely looking forward to see what I can contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back