• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Welcome back, Gang, to our safe haven here in Sharseya! Look! Fifteen whole chapters, you guys! We are nearing on six years together (27 July 2014)! If that's not something worth praising, I don't know what is! 8D

Here is my advancements for Luna:
Advancing one level in Wizard (Obviously!)
Raising my Con so I get that Hit Point bonus
Adding the Feat Greater Spell Penetration
Raised up Luna's Lore Skills, her Perception, Stealth, and Arcana

As for the Signature Ability, Luna already had 3. Does this increase us to 4 each now?

For my spells, I'm adding the 3rd level spell Slow, the 5th level spell Feeblemind, and the 6th level spell Repulsion.

Signature Abilities - Each of your characters should have 3 Signature Abilities with the exception of Otiorin who should have 4 (1 from the Daughters of Summertime).

Oh, and Sparkle thanks Luna for the extra Hit Points! =)

I will go ahead and level up with Arcane Archer to put it at Level 5.
Adding a point to my Int, and eventually I'll be able to increase my bonus at level 16.
Raised my Monster Lore, Perception, Stealth, Survival, Arcana and Acrobatics Skills.
Feat of Mobility selected.

Do I get to add any spells to Oreleth?

Oh! I forgot a step. Action Points!

10. Erase all unused Action Points and regain 11 Action Points (1/2 level +5). Enjoy rolling 2d6 and choosing the highest of the two when using Action Points. =)

Wait: Purr Purr Don't we only get Feats at every odd level? So our next Feat won't be until 13, right?

Last edited:
Whoops! You're right! Looks like I screwed up (I'm thinking of Fighters like Oreleth and Powerpaw at 12th level). Good catch, Sherwood! And thanks! I'll revise. =)

Sorry for taking the goodies away, but I just want to make sure I keep it honest. I feel better about myself when I do that.

Yeah, Psychie, but I hope you all realize how good that makes your Dungeon Master feel? I know I have a Good-aligned Gang of Players to run with! What you lost in a power you shouldn't have gotten, you've gained both in respect and admiration from me. Guess which one will last longer? =)

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood You think so, Sherwood? Try this on for size and see how you like it? =)

I'll tell you what, Gang. As an unasked for reward for your honesty, you two just got back those Diamonds of Fate you spent back in Chapter Fourteen. Seriously. Consider it gratitude from a Dungeon Master who really appreciates you! Go ahead and add them back to your character sheets. You've honestly earned it. =)

I agree! Dann is one of the best out there. Thank you for the Diamond of Fate!

He totally is, and I'm keeping him

For those interested in Bria's progress at 12th level...

Bria is now up to 74 Hit Points.
She raised her Wisdom Score from 18 to 19.
She raised her following Skills in... Medicine (12 Ranks), Linguistics (3, learning Giant, Goblin, and Gnomish), Diplomacy (12 Ranks), and Stealth (5 Ranks - I blame Oti!).
Her 3rd Signature Ability has been chosen. Guess what? Bria can heal better! Surprise shocker! =)
Like Luna, Bria's Base Attack hopped up to +6/+1 (don't ask me how; she hardly uses it. It's from all that daily practice?)
All of her Saving Throws all raised up by 1.
Class Ability improvements: Fortress of Faith improves from +1 to +2. Aura of Protection improves from DR 2/- to DR 3/-.

Fortress of Faith: Extension of Blessing (Su): A healer isn’t exclusively devoted to restore the health of the wounded, but also to prevent the wounds from happening in first instance, preferably without resorting to personal violence. As she learns to improve her healing ability, she learns to improve her protective spells and even her enhancement spells.
At 6th level, any spell cast by a healer that grants any kind of bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, Armor Class, saving throws or skill checks has its base bonus increased by one. This increase affects any bonus provided by the spell if there is more than one. A healer cannot apply this bonus increment to any bonus towards ability scores, even if increasing ability scores provides an increase in the aforementioned parameters. At 12th level and again at 18th level, this increment in bonus increases by one. This ability only applies only to spells that she casts from her healer’s spell slots, not from those she may have by virtue of levels in another class.

Aura of Protection (Su): At 4th level, the Healer provides an aura that prevents minor amounts of damage to herself and her allies. The Healer must be conscious and aware to use the Aura. She can alter the size of the aura from a 10 foot radius to a 5 foot radius or she may use it only to protect herself. This counts as a Concentration-based spell-like ability and she cannot cast another Concentration-based spell while Aura of Protection is active. Aura of Protection is magical in nature and can be dispelled with Dispel Magic. The damage reduced improves every 4 levels to a maximum of DR 5/--.

She gained another 5th and 6th level Spell per Day.
Bria's Healing Pool also raised 8 points. This is the pool an expert-level or higher Healer can use to Heal Hit Points or cure conditions by touch. This is what Healers get instead of the Cleric's Channel Energy ability.

Bria - Taryn by serafleur on Deviant Art.jpg
(Image credit: The masterful serafleur on DeviantArt!)

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Hey! I screwed up in my level advancement notes for Otiorin. The Sorcerer notes are right, but the Rogue is not. Oti's a 6th level Sorcerer/5th level Rogue and I wrote up those bonuses as if he were already a 6th level Rogue. Whoops! I'll get to changing those notes now. Sorry about that! =)

EDIT: O.K.. The only things that change are the two following notes:

1. Otiorin = +1 to all Saves for Rogue, none for Sorcerer.

2. Otiorin = If Rogue, add Rogue Talent of choice, Trap Sense increases to +2. If Sorcerer, Bloodline Feat, bloodline spell, one additional 3rd level Spell Per Day. One additional 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Level Spell Known.

Powerpaw's turn... =)

Powerpaw chose to increase his Dexterity to 16.
His Hit Points were raised to 138.
Fuzzy Goof Skilled up in Intimidation (12 Ranks), Sense Motive (2 to 5 Ranks), and Stealth (6 Ranks).
His 3rd Signature Ability is called "Master of Moooooar!"
SIGNATURE ABILITY #3: "MASTER OF MOOOOOAR!"
Powerpaw has mastered the ability to express his personal spirit-system of Moar. As a Swift Action, Powerpaw can roar out a battle cry or shout of encouragement to himself and his allies. This instills a +1 Morale bonus to Attack rolls and Skill checks, and Saving Throws versus Fear to himself and all allies within 30 feet of him (he does not receive the Saving Throw bonus as he is not affected by fear). This effect lasts for 1 minute. Powerpaw may use this Signature Ability at will.

Powerpaw selected Sickening Critical as his10th level Fighter Bonus Feat. Owwie. The Bravery Fighter special ability does not apply to him.
Sickening Critical - Your critical hits cause opponents to become sickened for 1 minute. The sickened condition bestows a -2 penalty on all Attack rolls, weapon Damage rolls, Saving Throws, Skill checks, and Ability checks. No Saving Throw allowed.

GW2Warrior02-1920x1080.jpg
(Image credit: Guild Wars 2)

Leveling Bren to Paladin 12:
Adding +1 to WIS for a total of 14 (yay! increased modifier!)
4 Skill Points: 1 to Nature (now 12), 1 to Lore: Monster (now 12), and 3 to Diplomacy (now 8)
Increased Base Attack to +12/+8/+2.
Increase all Saving Throws by 1 (it's good to be a paladin!)
Spells Per Day is now three 1st, three 2nd, and one 3rd (including the bonus spells from his CHA score). As a divine caster, Bren has access to all paladin spells of a level he's able to cast.
Class Ability: Lay on hands is now usable 8 times per day, and heals 6d6 HP of damage.

While we don't get new feats at this level, I still haven't sorted his out from the discussion on changing requirements and all.

Auras: These haven't changed, but I've added them all together on his Stats page for quick reference. "Automatic" means it's always up, unless Bren is unconscious or dead.
- Aura of Courage (automatic) -- Bren is immune to fear (magical or otherwise); allies within 10 feet gain a +4 morale bonus to saving throws vs. fear effects
- Aura of Resolve (automatic) -- Bren is immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities; allies within 10 feet gain a +4 morale bonus on saving throws vs. charm effects
- Aura of Justice (must invoke) -- Bren can consume two uses of smite evil to grant the smite evil ability to all allies within 10 feet, using his bonuses. This must be used by the start of Bren's next turn and the bonuses last for 1 minute.
- Protection from Evil, 10-foot radius (automatic, can be dispelled or suppressed) -- As per the Protection from Evil spell; protects all allies who are (in part or in whole) within 10 feet of him.

Questions:
Signature Abilities: I remain confused about this. When you say "each of us should have 3," do you mean each of us should have three before leveling to 12 or after? Luna and Bren already had 3 before leveling, it seems.
Class Abilities:
By the book, Bren should get a new Mercy at 12th level. (Mercy is a thing that adds to the paladin's lay on hands ability, allowing them to cure conditions as well as restore hit points.) However, Bren has Protection from Evil 10-foot radius instead. Did that only replace his 3rd-level Mercy (in which case he needs three: one from 6th level, one from 9th level, and one from 12th)? Or does it replace Mercy in general and the Protection from Evil improves somehow at the levels at which he would ordinarily take a new Mercy?

Thoughts on Bren's feats:
I believe I'll keep Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack, even with the changes. Enemies with fighter levels (or treated as such; I forget how Dann phrased it) are common enough that I think it's worth using a feat slot to defend against the opportunity attacks. Plus, in the past I've used Spring Attack for purely tactical reasons because it allows Bren to move before and after attacking, even aside from the bonuses against opportunity attacks.

I think he won't be working towards Whirlwind Attack anymore, even now that requirements have changed. His goals have changed along with his class (Whirlwind Attack was a thing I really wanted to play with when he was fighter/ranger).

So, he's down two feat slots (Expertise, which I think is out now? and anyway he only took it for the Whirlwind Attack prereq; and the 11th slot that I was saving for Whirlwind Attack and hadn't gotten around to updating when he reached 11th level). GM permitting, I'm going to go with Lunge (sort of working alongside Mobility and Spring Attack to extend his range on the battlefield), and Alignment Channel (Evil) (because it looks like fun to "smite" evil outsiders with). I thought about Deflect Arrows to take advantage of his Improved Unarmed Strike, but it requires a hand free, and he's using a shield most of the time. Also wanted Fleet, but it only works with light or no armor (which makes sense).

Signature Abilities: I remain confused about this. When you say "each of us should have 3," do you mean each of us should have three before leveling to 12 or after? Luna and Bren already had 3 before leveling, it seems.

It's Bren and he's been in play so long, he should probably have 4. Let's go with 4.

I believe we (you and I) agreed we gave Bren the permanent Protection from Evil, 10' radius/ Magic Circle vs. Evil (same thing) instead of Mercies. My bad for saying he had a Mercy coming. And there's a joke to be told in that sentence somewhere. =)

Re: Feats. Good deal! =)

Discussing the signature abilities thing with Dannigan because I wasn't asking just about Bren, but about all of us. Result of discussion: all characters should have 3 signature abilities that they have gained through leveling. Some of us (like Bren and Otiorin) have a fourth that they gained through interactions and gameplay (such as those given by the Daughters of Summertime). Check your sheets and hopefully you noted where you got yours! ^;3^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back