• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if things go horribly wrong: He can speak with the dead, too!

Hey Gang!

Bushed Dann here. I tried to post last night and tonight here and in Broadsword but Real Life had other plans for me. I will try again when able, hopefully Monday at the latest.

Hey Gang! Medical question (quite off-topic). I have been working so much, my voice has gone hoarse. Any recommendations?

I'm currently resting my voice (not using it at all but typing out social transactions on my phone and tablet).

I've been using Ricola honey-based all-natural throat drops to keep my throat soothed, and I've been keeping myself fed, hydrated, and gotten even more sleep than normal.

But what would you be doing if it were you? =)

Honor and Shhh! Don't make me use my voice right now! Ha ha!
Dann =)

Last edited:
Oh! Well, that's good! Thanks, Cap'n! =)

Hooray! I'm all caught up in Broadsword! That means Sharseya is next and from the look of things it'll probably end up being a two-part post. But first? Sllleeep. =)

At Home Reaction GIF by IKEA USA

Stay safe everybody!

One more thing, this for Psychie and Kaerri to work out.

Kaerri Kaerri Keeping in mind that sounds travel all too well down caverns and tunnels, just how far away do you want Kaerri Rainshadow to be from the Wayward Wanderers during her scouting? The farther away she is, the better her chances of not being noticed, but the closer they are, the sooner help will arrive if Kaerri calls for it. I recommend thinking practically before answering if you take my meaning. =)

Psychie Psychie Will Oreleth have the Wayward Wanderers follow Kaerri inside the caverns or will they stay outside and wait for her report or what?

I was about to write a second part to my in-game post when I realized I didn't know precisely what the two of you wanted here. =)

Last edited:
I'm thinking 40 yards (i.e. two full rounds of double-moving back to the party, if I have my math right) on the way to the caves, and half that inside? I have faith in her ability to survive a couple rounds if all goes to pieces, but if the caves are twisty and turny I don't want to be too far out of line-of-sight.

Kaerri can report back when she reaches the caves, then go in ahead again at the above distance? Up to Oreleth.

I'm thinking 40 yards (i.e. two full rounds of double-moving back to the party, if I have my math right) on the way to the caves, and half that inside? I have faith in her ability to survive a couple rounds if all goes to pieces, but if the caves are twisty and turny I don't want to be too far out of line-of-sight.

Kaerri can report back when she reaches the caves, then go in ahead again at the above distance? Up to Oreleth.
I'll let this be known here and now - the caverns are very, very tall and do not seem to twist much. They appear to travel deep down into the earth at least some 100 yards. Sound will very likely carry well once past the mouth.

Maybe I'd better continue at least 40 yards away then, maybe 60. Anyone else have thoughts, please feel free to chime in! ^D^

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys here. I will go ahead and say that the 40 to 60 yard distance is probably best, since we do have some members of the party that will not be able to be as sneaky with their heavy armor on, clanking along with every step. If Kaerri spots a threat that will take the whole party to deal with, she can slip back to us and let us know what she's spotted silently and we can then prep an attack on the giant(s) we are about to run into.

Sounds good.

If Kaerri spots a threat that will take the whole party to deal with,
Is this implicit permission for her to take out a threat she thinks she can deal with by herself? 😁 (Mostly joking - unless she finds one dead asleep with nothing else around, she'll want the whole party with. Besides which, everybody wants some vengeance for the kobolds, and it wouldn't be right to leave y'all out!)

Hadn't meant to give the impression that she'd be fighting the giants by herself! lol I just need to type in a much clearer way.

Well, I suppose that it is possible that there may be challenges that are not giants that can be dealt with from stealth. But I'm guessing that whatever fights there are in here, it will take a group effort to take them down.

Well, I suppose that it is possible that there may be challenges that are not giants that can be dealt with from stealth. But I'm guessing that whatever fights there are in here, it will take a group effort to take them down.
That's a good point, though. If there's a trap in the way, she may well just handle it without reporting in first.

That's all I needed to know. Thank you, Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back