• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy as we wander

With a huge thunk, the water golem smashed its hand over the assassin. The dirt floor quaked violently at the heavy blow, soaking the earth with the fresh liquid. Water stuck to the ground like honey, the substance reattaching itself to the golem's hand as it pulled back up from the hit. The assassin flew a few feet, her back meeting the bricks of a building in a sickening smack. Falling to her hands and knees, she let out a few hoarse breaths as her lungs screamed to replenish itself. With one hand on her knee, she pushed herself to her feet, and regained her strength in seconds.

Ayrenn glanced down at her weapon, which was now glistening with droplets of water. Her weapon had gone straight through the monster. Growling under her breath, she sheathed the sword, and stepped out into the open road. Lupus had dragged Faren into an empty alleyway, cowering over the bloody wolf protectively. The water golem set its watery gaze on the assassin, letting out a deafening roar as it flung itself towards her. Grimacing, the elf dodged the golem several times skillfully. People from their shelters watched in awe at her swiftness, but remained hidden among the broken buildings.

"How do I kill this thing..." Ayrenn murmured to herself, twisting her body into a tall flip as she diverted another attack. Landing on her feet, she glanced to the side at the slight sound of crackling fire and the scent of smoke. Two fire golems had joined the fight, hissing and spitting fire in their wake.

Grinning wickedly, the assassin devised a strategy in her head.

Unsheathing her sword quickly, she used her weapon almost as a shield against a single fire golem, while dodging attacks from the other two. Smiling, she did several handsprings backwards, skidding to a halt when she was far enough away from the monsters.

And than...

Suddenly, the three golems lunged for her all at once. Their shadows blocked the burning sun and showered the assassin in darkness, but not a single glimpse of panic shone in her green eyes. Pouncing upwards into the cool air, she flung herself into the highest flip she could muster. She landed on a rooftop in the process, and watched. Slowly, the water golem squashed the two fire golems in a huge wall of water, crushing their fiery frame. A sizzling noise could be heard, and the slight rising of black smoke as the water golem lifted itself from the two charcoal bodies.

Jumping down from the rooftop, the assassin landed directly in front of the golem. Her smile taunted the beast, and it screeched in utter fury. She could tell the monster was beginning to tire. Swiping its watery grasp out, it missed once more as she ducked underneath the attack. Leading the golem further down the road, the elf noticed it began to grow smaller and smaller. Ayrenn met the golem's gaze, and she backed away with a grin. It began to sizzle in the hot waves of the sun, turning into nothing but a puddle until it evaporated into a white fog. As the golem disappeared completely, a satisfied grin look appeared on her face, and Ayrenn sprinted away.

Running up to a half ruined building, Ayrenn pounced up and brought her hands to the edge of the crumbling roof. Swinging herself onto it, the tip of an earth golem's head came into view. The assassin crouched low, waiting patiently. Something distracted the beast, and it turned it's rough, rocky back to the assassin. Seeing this, Ayrenn burst into a sprint, and bounded off the edge. With the sword in both hands, and the blade tipped downward, the assassin shoved the sword straight into its forehead. The glowing blue skull at the end of her weapon began to glow brightly, and a ring of light shot out from the bottom of the sword.

The earth golem let out a screech before exploding into smithereens.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tavern transfers from a panicked mess of drunk fools to an organized armory of seasoned warriors. It was a sudden shift that both surprised and confused Kalth. What made them change so quickly? He caught a glimpse of Argo, now wearing a helmet and carrying a giant axe that's large than Kalth's body. This man was the epitome of a warrior. Before departing he witnessed something he'll never forget. Argo threw his battle-axe in the air and screamed a ferocious battle cry, leading the other men and woman into battle. What he goes from drunkard fool to suddenly army commander? He paused for a moment, shaking his head. This does not matter. First I need my weapons. He goes under the counter as instructed, to find all they he had lost, placed neatly in the corner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argo runs out of the tavern, changing the scene from one to another. The time for merriment was over, the time to spill blood was nigh. All along the street golems were attacking citizens and armed guards the like, giving trouble to everyone. Three earth golems trudge toward him, letting out a strange roar as they go. Argo would not be outdone. He charged towards the golems, axe in hand, releasing a roar of his own. Argo grabbed the closest golem to him with his large hand and chucked it with all of his strength into the other, destroying them in a rocky explosion. "Come ye creatures of Gaia, fight me as if ye have some purpose!" With a powerful strike, Argo sliced through the third golem, cutting it in half. More began to come out from a nearby alley-way, along with several wood and fire types. The sight of they golems gave Argo a feeling of glee, it has been so long since he has actually fought. He turned to his right, noticing that Eva has joined the fight, cutting a large Earth golem in two with her flaming blade. Ah, how the lass brings me joy.

Argo felt a strong tug at his foot and noticed the golem he sliced had not yet been destroyed. "Well looki there. You DO have a purpose." He looked up at the oncoming golems, coming at him with increasing speed. The sounds of battle around him, the smell of iron in the air. This was his purpose. Argo laughed heartily yet again and smashed the golem's head with his foot. "FIGHT ME CONSTRUCTS! BRING ME THE PLEASURE I DESIRE!"

I flash argo with I suggestive grin and as I dash past him, planning on taking out the wooden gollums as a quick warm up. "Glad to see the liquor hasnt softened you up!" Their viney, malformed flesh creaked as they mechanically smashed long limbed branchlike arms into the buildings, thier poisonous vines curling into the woodwork and slowly tearing it out. I waste no time, reveling in the sick high pitched shreiking of my victem as my sword cuts through the stomach of it, and the leg of its nearby friend, and engulfs them both in flames.

"I'jalla d'Loki!!" I thrust my hand out and the flames burst forth from the dying gollums, a spreading plague of my wildfire amongst half the ranks.

Off to the side however, one of the blasted creatures had infected the competing tavern down the street, and the wooden pannels that maee up the structure were crunched and fused together by its twisted, asexual spawn mother. "The dancing dragon" had turned into a heap of wooden depravity.

Greys going to love this if he survives.

Just as a shadow looms over me I spin around and duck the watery arm of another monster and send a blast of fire at it from the corpses of its wodden breathren, but all it does is crwate thick steam. (Spell: loki's laughter)

The moment the spell holding Lineal was lifted the young prince coiled his legs and leapt over the stone arm that was being swung at him. Where in hell did this thing come from, Lineal wondered, ducking under yet another swing. Was it a part of the city's defense? The screams echoing down the streets told him otherwise.

Wait. Screams. That meant that there were more of them! He didn't have the time to draw this out. Quickly changing tactics, Lineal charged in. "Tar!" He shouted in the tongue of the Fye. A great-sword with golden runes glowing down the length of its blade (a trait that all of his weapons shared) materialized into his hands and he swung it as hard as he could... only to chip a little piece off of its arm. "Shit!"

Lineal dismissed the useless sword and hopped back as the stone giant grabbed at him. He just wasn't strong enough to do any significant damage to it. How was he supposed to-

"You alright?"

Lineal glanced to see the Ice Dragon girl hop down from the roof. There was his answer. Ice. "I'll be a lot better once this thing is gone." Feeling the ground shake, he looked around and noticed several more stone and wood monsters coming towards him. "Here I have a gift for you. Tar."

The war-hammer that appeared in front of Rakela had the words Jhurmm Ahglet, or "Dwarf Smasher", carved into its crude handle. Its stone head was indeed large enough and heavy enough to smash a dwarf flat with a single blow. While few men, including Lineal, had the strength to even lift the weapon, his sister had been fond of using it to intimidate the people she wanted something out of. However she hardly ever used it in battle, its size and weight making it impractical for any human to use in a fight. A Half-Dragon on the other hand...

Lineal turned back to the Golem as it lunged at him, the prince turning and slipping between it's arms. "Tar Samhraidh Sneachta! Tar Blaze Gheimhridh!" He shouted, and in one fluid motion slashed up its middle with a frosty elven blade, leaving a icy trail, and following it with a fiery blade of the same make. The extreme change of temperature shattered the frozen stone and the golem fell in half.

Putting a foot on the broken rubble, Ayrenn gripped the handle of the sword and yanked it out effortlessly from the crumpled rock. Victory screeches and the sounds of weapons meeting monster echoed in her pointed ears, and she let out a breath of fresh air. She always loved the sound of battle. Bursting into a full on sprint, the assassin sped down the dirt road in a colorful blur. Dust erupted in her wake, while her sword swiped out from left to right, wood golems falling like flies as she ran past.

Another water golem came into her sights, and she let out a sickening laugh before flipping completely over the watery beast. She landed in front of Eva, watching the last wisps of fire hit the golem, and sizzle to a gentle steam. Leaping away from the watery figure, she motioned for Eva to follow.

"It's useless with any physical attacks!" Ayrenn yelled over the sounds of battle, dodging yet another attack with an acrobatic flip. Landing, she continued to back away into the baking sun.

"It gets smaller the more it's away from bodies of water! Get it into the sun and you should be able to take it down." The assassin informed Eva, flashing her a mischievous smile before disappearing into battle. Leaping up effortlessly, she flung her sword straight across an earth golem's rocky figure, cutting straight through the massive beast with her sword. She landed with one hand on the ground, watching as the monster broke in front of her. Letting out a screech, the golem collapsed into a pile of rock. The guards stared after her in shock.

Ayrenn flashed the men a wink, before leaping onto another building, and running off. Her feet barely touched the ground she was running so fast. Spotting a figure of another fire golem in front of the tavern, the elf flipped off the rooftop, and stood in front of the monster.

"Aw.... I'm so scwared of the little itty, bitty baby golem. I hope it doesn't hurt me..." Ayrenn pouted falsely, laughing when the golem let out a scream of anger at her words. Running at the elf in a ball of fire, Ayrenn smiled and leaped into the air.

Seconds later...

The golem lay in a sizzling heap, resembling a dark lump of wet coal. Laughing again, she propped her sword on her shoulder, and looked behind her. The golems were being defeated one by one. Diving into battle, the assassin took out yet another earth golem with an effortless swing of her sword.

It fell into pieces.

(Dm note: sunsets startig now. Its still raining, my bad. And we have a huge problem comming once the gollums are all killed. Muahahaha) 
I dodge blows left and right, not bothering to fight the liquid beast, but instead inspecting it at every angle. Ayrenn...blast her and her riddles. Just tell me how to fight the creature and be done with it!

It was then I saw it, right under the creatures swinging arm, barely visible was the tiniest glimmering orb. The magic that held it together.

"STAB THE WATERY ONES HEARTS!!!!" I bellow with an upward swing of my sword, straight through the magical core. I have no time to react before im flung back violently,

"whol alti'uin!!!"

and use the momentum to charge my spell, roaring out in triumph as I blaze through three stone gollums, before skidding to a halt near Argo, the magical residue from my spell shaping the water I kick up into a split second vision of Hermes wigs at my ankles. My soaked hair sticks to my cheek and neck, spraying water as i dodge and weave through the menagery of gollums. "Whats your kill count?!" I shout over my shoulder through the melody of warcries and the screams of the beasts, and sever the arm of the creature before me.

"Okayokayokaysorry! Gosh!"

Rakela rubbed her arm sheepishly and turned to LineOOOOOOOOHHHHHH SHINY

Rakela, completely forgetting the situation at hand, began to examine the weapon. "Big, heavy, powerful?" She grinned. "Sounds good to me!"

She took the handle in both hands, testing the unfamiliar weight.

She looked up, slightly nervously at Lineal. "Erm, so, I've never actually used a hammer as a war weapon WHEW WHOOO!!!!" She shouted the last part as, on instinct, she smashed an incoming earth golum's head off.

Raising an eyebrow, she muttered "Fore!"

She hefted it. "Well, never mind. I think I get it. Swing, smash."

Gray smirked at the golf reference. Favorite hobby, y'know (

). but since the headless elemental (he thought) was still kicking, he decided to finish the job.
Stomping his foot on the ground, he barked < Back to Gaia with you!> and a giant hand of earth reached up out of the ground, grabbed it, and quickly dragged it into the depths.

Gray chuckled, "what do you know, hole in one."

"Muuwee!! Muwee wee kikikikik!"<bad shiney!!! Bad!!!> the tiny fox growled and leaped at the flamg gollum as it made towards his new friend, and suprisingly, latched onto the creatures face by way of chomping on its conveniently oversized nose. The result was a shreiking monster, flailing about as the wite kitsune swung around, refusing to let go. "Mrrrrwrrrrrrr!!!!!!" <you try hurt my fishy fox!!!>

Gray whipped around. Another one?!

As a Kitsune, Gray had a natural affinity with fire and had control over it (oh, come on, don't be surprised). Now a fire that walked on its own wasn't going to obey his will, but he could do THIS.

Gray ran up to the fiery monster, connected the tip of his tail to its base, and after levitating the little fox out of the way, he swept his tail and carried the attached monster along by its foot.

Gray began running in a circle, towing the weightless creature behind like glowing ribbon and painting an expanding spiral on the ground with its own fire. As the spiral reached a sufficient size, Gray said "I'll be back in a moment," <I coming back,>. Then he shouted <Dimension Door!> and jumped, head first, into the center of the spiral, diving through the fabric of the Material Plane and dragging the golem and the rest of the fire with him down the drain.

(He is going to pop out of a near by fire place)

The little kitsune watches from behind grey, popcorning with the force of his high pitched barks of fighting spirit. "Yip yip yipyipyipyip! Yyyyip!!"

(I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow and possibly Saturday too. In the interest of keeping the game going while I'm gone just assume that Lineal is continuing to fight the other golems.)

Five seconds later.

A blacksmith forge a crossed the street roared white hot as Gray burst out of the coals, having returned from from the Plain of Fire with the fire golem literally off his tail. Of course, he didn't have time to shake the soot from his fur before he found himself facing a smithy who had just smashed two pop-up demons with a hammer and was going for thirds.

"BACK TO HELL WITH YOU!" Screamed the battle crazed artisan as he swung. Gray swiftly dodged his hammer just as it smashed into forge, and ran down road before he could take another swing.

Pretty much what he expected for a planer jump. I mean, if you randomly pop out of some ones fireplace completely unscathed, you can't be surprised when they call you a demon and stab you with a fire poker.

What DID surprise Gray, however was popping up in in a war zone.

There were elementals every where, slaughtering people on the street, burning houses, breaking walls, killing livestock. The city was being sacked by monsters, and It was still breakfast time -Wait, sunset? Ah, allow me to edit that- The city was being sacked by monsters and Gray knew he had to take care of it on a very empty stomach. Grim situation.

He uttered quick prayer. That casualty would be few, that the other three would be safe until he could reach them, that he would have protection, that he would have stamina and endurance and that he wouldn't fatigue from hunger otherwise please make one of them a Trail-Mix elemental or something.

Oh, and he also prayed for healing, protection, and enhancement spells in bulk. Amen. 
If I went into fancy detail about Grays portion of the action scene I would have an entire chapter, so here it is in a nut shell .

<Gaia take you back!> An Earth golem gets dragged into the depths. He moves forward.

Guard gets socked while fighting a golem <to Gaia with you!> golem gets dragged down before it can stomp on the dude. Gray Brushes against the fallen guard, healing internal injures, and leaves him with a few spells. <Stone skin, Bears Strength, Bears endurance, Haste> Moving on.

Gray hears a golem stomping towards him. He closes his eyes and chants <firm as a mountain firm as a mountain firm as a mountain> Golem tries to stomp Gray and breaks his foot over Grays head. Tries it again and again until it's leg is destroyed and topples over. Gray stops chanting and moves a safe distance. <Back to Gaia!> Golem gets dragged down. Moving on.

Gray gets rid of another earth golem

Brushes a wounded guard and heals him <Stone skin, Bears Strength, Bears endurance, Haste> .

Gray Sees a wood golem in shop being fought off with a chair. Starts to think it's not an elemental. Grabs a pinecone and says <life to dead wood> the pinecone crumbles like an empty egg shell while a small fir tree explodes from the golems chest. Its limbs lock up as roots worm through it, branches sprout from knots and the magic animating it surrenders to the trees passive life energies. Impressed with the results, Gray scoops up a few more pinecones, tucks them away into his Void Pocket and moves on.

Gray Dismisses another Earth golem

Gray sees that charming smithy who tried to kill him earlier leaning against a wall, covered in blood and rubble looking battered and exhausted. Gray sneaks up and touches his boot, <Stone skin, Bears strength, Haste, Bears endurance> And the blacksmith (now healed) grabs his hammers, runs out there with renewed vigor and starts swinging and smashing like someone gave John Henry a Rockstar, cackling maniacally. Gray wonders what kind of monster he just created. Moving on.

Dismisses another earth golem.

Turns another wood golem into a photosynthesizing piece of abstract art.

Heals a guard. <Stone skin, Bears Strength, Bears endurance, Haste> .

Gray hears the braying of panicked horses and sees smoke coming from the stable

On the other side of the street, he can see fire coming from inside a shop.

Figures, "let's kill two bird with one stone" and runs into the shop.

Gray runs inside the shop and puts out most of the fire with a swing of his tail. Runs up to the stairs and puts that out, though it did SQUAT to extinguish the Fire golem at the top that was tying to burn the keepers bedroom door down but it did catch its attention. The golem runs down the stairs to get Gray, leaving a trailer fire behind it. As it approaches, Gray jumps over it, tags it's head with his tail, and proceeds to drag it and it's own fiery trail back up the stairs like a folding a carpet. As Gray reached the trails starting point he shouted <Plain Shift!> and dove in, pulling the golem and it's fiery carpet into the Plain of Fire.

Five seconds later.

Having ditched the golem, Gray pops out in the middle of a hay fire in the stables, puts it out with one swing, and notices a fire golems standing beside him just as it noticed him. The thing tackles him, wrapping its limbs around him, presumably trying to burn him as much as possible ( it's only 1/2 a foot taller than Gray). Gray reaches up with his tail and throws it to onto the hay which starts to burn again, but Gray shouts, <Plane Shift!> and pushes it (and a lot of hay) into the Fire Plane.

Three seconds later.

Gray pops out of Mr. SmackHammers forge and makes his way to the other side of the stables (again).

Dismisses another Earth golem

And another one

Heals a Guard. <Stone skin, Bears Strength, Bears endurance, Haste>.

Another wood golem joins the ranks of the green and leafy

Heals a carpenter who tried to take on a wood golem with a hand saw and a wood planer. Apparently couldn't accept that he just moved down the food chain. <Stone skin, Bears Strength, Bears endurance, Haste (and let's throw in Owls Wisdom because, let's face it, you need it)> Moving on.

Gray hears human screaming coming from the stable door (different side) and pokes his head in to find the stableboy backed against the corner, trying to fend off a gigantic horse crap golem with his shovel, screaming "I REPENT! I REPENT, ALREADY! I WONT SLACK OFF AGAIN I SWEAR! OH PLEEEEEAAASE DONT LET ME DIE LIKE *THIS*!"

Gray hesitates, unsure of whether he should meddle with karma, but then he pulls a pinecone out of his void pocket and tells it <you know what to do>

Gray shoots the pinecone into the center of the hulking mound, and instantly, a full-grown fir tree springs from it, crashing through the roof an absorbing whatever force was animating the golem. "There" Gray tells the dumbstruck young man. "Air freshener in bulk. " and walks out around the corner to see if the other three were there.

But he barely steps outside when a water golem- the one element he had no defense against- crashes over him and engulfs him.

The small kit watches in horror as his new friend is swallowed up by the watery monster. He may not be very intelligent as far as the average kitsune goes, but every earthbound creature knows that you can't breathe under water. Without even thinking, the white fox leaps at the gollum, plunging into its watery stomach and locks his jaws shut on one of the old foxes tails and emerges in a great splash the both if them tumbling to the muddy ground.

The living water begins to dribble from the both of them, one drop ticking the end of his nose. The little thing tried, he truly tried to hold in the sneaze, but within seconds he was skidding backwards on his bottom, propelled by a small stream of blue flames that shot directly at the gollum.

the creature screamed in agony as its shape began to shift and writhe, losing its humanoid form. Not dying in the least, but most defiantly wounded.

Gray coughed and hacked. <saw something...> he wheezed. Gray jumped out of the way as the monster took a swing <it has heart.> he explained. <A tooth. Big sharp tooth deep inside. Magic. Makes it live.> he grabbed the kit as the golem took another swing. He set him down, <we take tooth, we take heart. It die.> he furrowed his brow. <but how GET?>

MrMopp said:
Gray coughed and hacked. <saw something...> he wheezed. Gray jumped out of the way as the monster took a swing <it has heart.> he explained. <A tooth. Big sharp tooth deep inside. Magic. Makes it live.> he grabbed the kit as the golem took another swing. He set him down, <we take tooth, we take heart. It die.> he furrowed his brow. <but how GET?>
Our fox talk doesn't show up on trap talk :(

Lineal dropped to one knee as pieces of his third earth golem crashed to the ground behind him. "This.." He panted, watching as Rakela took at several of them with a single swing. "... is not what I am trained to fight against." He had not trained to fight giant monsters made out of stone and wood. He had not trained to fight wolves. His fighting style was to fight against humanoid opponents. Which you always avoid. He reminded himself. Tania would be chewing my ass of right now. He shook the thought from his head. He had to stop comparing himself to her. His sister was not someone that any sane person should aspire to be.

BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...BOOM

Lineal turned as a shadow enveloped him. The wood golem that towered above him was easily twenty feet tall. He wondered for a moment just how it was so big before noticing the City Hall sign sticking out of its shoulder. Of course. The biggest building in the city, next to the cathedral. Now the question is how did I not notice it before now? The monstrosity didn't give him time to figure out an answer before throwing a carriage sized fist at him.

Lineal charged past the fist and underneath it's legs, slashing with Samhraidh Sneachta as he went, leaving the giant's feet coated in ice. The golem attempted to turn and follow him but, it's feet being frozen to the ground, fell onto its hands. Spinning on his heels Lineal dashed back in, freezing its hand in place. With it immobilized he began to slash freely with Blaze Gheimhridh, every cut made bursting into flames until the entirety of the construct was engulfed in fire.

Standing back, Lineal watched as the giant began to crackle and fall apart, noting that for a guy not trained to fight these things, he hadn't done a half bad job.

GONG.........GONG.GONG...GONG....GONG.................GONG!

Lineal's gaze turned towards the bell tower. That was oddly out of time. Besides, who would be ringing the bell in the middle of an invasion?

And it most certainly is not six o'clock...

Gray gave the golem a funny look. It was... Wavier than before along one side. Slightly less stable. Could it be from the kits fire breath? No, that didn't sound... Hm... Let's try.

The golem rushed. The two foxes dodged and as it passed, Gray slapped it with his invisible tail fire, boiling its watery skin. The creature shrieked.

Huh. Fox fire hurts it. <new hunting plan! We burn it!>

(Alright, since I couldn't find the OOC section, I'm posting it here.

I am leaving RpN, and I am soooooo sad. My parents are blocking the site.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back