• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy as we wander

albin0fox

The Shinaniganator

EXAMPLE POST

Tarantia: Aquilonia

With a deep breath, I place my hands on my hips and take in the scent of the city. Already bustling with life; shouting merchants, haggling city folk and giggling street urchens running amok; the marketplace was teeming with the ripe scent of oppotunity and golden glimmer of profit.

Nobody could blame me for casually picking a coin or two from the pockets of those who would never miss them. Someone was rumored to be comming to town today. Someone whos head was worth an exorbitant ammount of money.

Every mercenary, asassin and dirty lawman for a hundred miles was here in disguise. Just arrived this morning.

Fools. I had been integrating myself into the community for two weeks for this bounty. But them? Theyll stand out and send him running.

Right into my loving, admittedly greedy little arms.

A good day, i think cheerfully as i exchange some coin for a sweet sesame bun. A good day indeed.

--

legendary_visions_by_genzoman-d3cw0fb.jpg

Eyons ago, in lands long forgotten, there was a great city where all peoples melded together in harmony. Protected from the badlands afar, the people of this city lived safe and peacefully, knowing the dark creatures that once haunted their every waking moment, were locked out side the stone fortress walls of their fair city.

The city of Gongwynn.

But it was not to last...

In a tragic cataclysm of fire, falling from the sky like hellish rain, the walls and the city were destroyed. And after two thousand years, the people were forced to wandermin search of new lands to populate.

Many were successful, and managed to either colonize in new villages, build uppon good soil for farmland, and even build new cities.

Others turned away from thier old, pampered lifestyle and chose the life of nomads and rogues, finding joy and excitement from the adventures they found.

But they would never quite find that same solace and safety like in Gongwynn. Dragons, orcs, wyrms and all other species began to either intermigle as friends, or attack those they saw as stealing their rightful land.

The elves and halfligs in particular found humans to be plesant neigbors.

And now, after millenia of peace and war alike, we now join this community of diverse creatures and peoples.
Summoners_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

--

Main world map.

Hyboria.jpg

--

1. emblem_warriors_by_genzoman-d78ws3s.jpg
    Literacy. Please have a general understanding of the English language. Being literate does not mean you have to be an extremely high experienced roleplayer or post long ass posts. There is no punishment or shame if you make a little mistake. This is an understanding roleplay.
  2. No one-liners. This roleplay will never, ever, ever accept a one-liner. Eradication is driven by the roleplayers' creativity and decision making. Please be kind to other roleplayers and giving them enough detail to go off of your post and keep the roleplay moving.
  3. No Mary-Sues. All characters have their strengths, flaws, different personalities, and weaknesses. No character is perfect. This does not mean you cannot have a strong character, just make sure they have their flaws. Have a realistic character.
  4. Heres a perfect example of how we DONT rp. Go ahead, its funny. [media]

[/media]
  5. No claiming a character. This tends to happen in romance based roleplays. Eradication does have a romantic side of it, it all depends on how you, the roleplayers, decide to write it. When I say "no claiming a character", I mean you cannot look at someone else's character and say, "Hey, can that character be my character's love interest?" Don't do it. Let the roleplay decide.
  6. Do not mix character photos. When you are creating your characters, I do not want to see a range of photos between real to anime to descriptions.
  7. No God Moding. This goes for all characters, no matter what class they are. No character is indestructible. Here, I make the final decision on who dies and who lives. If your character gets sick or in a fight, make sure it is not melodrama. You cannot take over my roleplay. I am God here. *dies from laughter* But, seriously. No God Moding.
  8. No Bunnying. Do not take control of someone else's character without their permission. Not only is it rude and annoying, it's against the site's rules.
  9. Be polite. While taking part in my roleplay, you will treat others with respect and kindness. You will not insult them or flame them. I do not want to see any fights between roleplayers or else someone will be kicked out. If there are any problems, please contact me immediately.
  10. PG-13. Now, this rule only applies to sexual content. Go ahead and give us all the gore, violence, and profanity that you want! Just remember not to bypass the censor or censor out most of the letters like so; f*** you. If your character does end up getting sexual, please remember to fade to black.
  11. Be realistic. Be realistic from fights, to wounds, to facing enemies, to even love. In the real world, love does not last forever and people can fall in and out of love. Cheating can happen. If your character falls in love, they can die, break up, or leave them for someone else. Realism is what makes this roleplay complex.

DICE ROLL

any attack is goverend by a 1 die 10 face attack roll

there is one die rolled for each attack intended in your post. there is no roll that will kill your character. you decide that on your own. this also applies to any monsters with thier own character sheet.

results are as follows.

1: miss and stumble

2: miss and drop weapon

3: miss and receive mild fleshwound

4: miss and receive moderate/severe fleshwound (creative licensing here )

5: miss and recover

6: hit (flesh wound (any))

7: hit (limb removal)

8: hit and loose weapon

9: hit and receive fleshwound

10: killstrike

Last edited by a moderator:
Outskirts of Tarantia: Aquilona

"I already told you I haven't seen him! The last time I saw him, he was heading into town exactly north from here!" A terrified voice screamed. A small Elven man wearing an expensive red velvet coat and trousers trimmed with fox and hare fur stood in front of a woman. She had long, platinum blonde hair that reached down to her waist, along with murderous green eyes that stared at the man in front of her fiercely. A thick, shiny metal sword was gripped tightly in her hand, the tip of the dangerous weapon poking at the man's throat.

"Tell me the goddamn town." The Elven woman snarled, twisting the sharp sword deep into his neck. Blood gushed out, and the small man gasped at the pain.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!" The man suddenly cried out, tears streaming down his face as he feared for his life. He pointed a shaky finger in the direction of Tarantia.

"He went that way, towards Tarantia. Now please, have mercy." He sobbed loudly, falling to his knees and staring fearfully up at the woman. But the woman did nothing but smile. Raising the large sword in both her hands, she stabbed it down into the man's chest, and twisted the weapon into his heart. He let out a few hoarse sighs, before the light died from his eyes, and he lay still in the dirt.

Putting a foot on the man's shoulder, the Elven woman gripped the blade and yanked it out effortlessly from his chest. A satisfied look dawned on her face as she looked in the direction of the city, and slipped the sword into a belt attached to her hip. She put two fingers between her lips, and blew a whistle that startled a few nearby birds in a tree. Heavy gasps could be heard, and the bushes began rustling furiously. A few seconds later, two large wolves leaped out. A white one with blue eyes, and a black one with yellow eyes wandered towards the woman obediently.

She motioned for them to follow her silently as she sped through the bramble thickets without making a sound. The wolves dove after her, skidding under fallen tree branches and weaving around rocks to catch up. They stopped behind the woman, who stood at the edge of the forest's territory. The grand city of Tarantia stood in front of her, and she scanned the area carefully.

Clicking her tongue, Ayrenn broke into another silent run with the two wolves behind her. Leaping up, she dug her nails into a tall tree in front of her, and began climbing it like it was nothing at all. The wolves underneath hid inside the bushes, as if they already knew what to do. Steadying herself on a tree branch, the woman crouched and waited patiently.

Lineal stared up at the large gates of the city, debating wether he really wanted to go in or not. Her made it a point to avoid the larger cities and the last time he had been here had been with Tania four years ago. One of the nobles had managed to piss her off and the two of them had to leave pretty quickly after Tania killed him. So he figured that there was probably a bounty on his head, along with the bounty from his home kingdom (which he was already closer to than he would have liked).

But Lineal was low on supplies and this was the only town nearby, so he would have to risk it. He sighed and adjusted the small pack on his back. "Well, here goes nothing."

He entered the city and made his way to the marketplace. If he wasn't already nervous, then what he saw certainly did the trick. Most people would only have seen a market with lots of people, but Lineal could see on several of them the bulges in their clothes that hinted at hidden weapons. You did not see that many weapons and watchful eyes in a city unless there a profitable bounty showing up. He just hoped that it wasn't him that they were expecting...

This city smells like livestock, it has a feel of common folk all around it. Kalth never liked the feel of these crowded places, he keeps asking himself why he even is in this place. Unfortunately a contract has been given, one that has forced him to enter this city. He kneels on a homes roof, watching over the roads with his eyes. Something caught Kalth's attention, a squawk is heard from behind him. He turns his head slightly to see his hawk flying towards him. He puts his arm out toward his hawk, giving a place for Alvin to land.

Alvin landed on his forearm happily, finally returned to his master. "What do you know?" Kalth asked his bird expectantly. He has been waiting here for a while, trying to spot his target. Alvin squawks loudly in a direction, trying to give some sort of hint. The assassin looked to the North, squinting his eyes, studying the buildings in that direction. "There." He whispered, clenching his bow tighter. Whenever he comes close to his target he gets this feel of adrenaline. It makes his breath grow shorter, his senses heighten, his skin goes pale. It has always happened, every target.

I lean against the bar counter, laughing it up as I down a swig of my well deserved grog, while my other arm is flexed in an arm battle against one of the men. All in good fun, none of the regulars took offense like the ones passing through. I wasnt any stronger than the majority of them, and had lost many a wrestle with my chin held high. But I was certainly no frail wench.

That was when I saw him. The disgraced prince, looking like some country bumpkin the way he gazed at the city around him.

Oh god please dont make it that easy.

"Gotta run boys, " I effortlessly slam the young mans arm into the table and chug the last of my drink, while the kid just stares at me, indignantly shocked. "His next ones on m." Tosses some coin on the table and runs off to catch up to my pay day.

My plan had been to be his "guide" about town...but apparently, my Lord Loki was up to his usual pranks.

If that exact horse, hadnt run by me, pushing me over at that exact time, at the exact moment I put his hand on the princes shoulder, my plans would have gone smoothly.

But I go careening into the young mans side, and bring us both down in a dusty heap.

As he walked, Lineal noticed several hungry eyes lock onto him. Damn! So I am the one they're waiting for. But how did they recognize me so quickly? Lineal had changed a lot in the past four years, so a wanted poster of a scrawny sixteen year-old kid should not have been enough to give him away. On top of that, how had they know that he would be showing up here?

If his hunters were smart they would wait until he was in a secluded place with few witnesses. Since they had made sure to keep their weapons hidden, it was a safe bet that this would be their strategy. So, acting oblivious to the bloodthirsty eyes burning holes in the back of his head, Lineal continued to walk around the market and survey the venders' goods. Someone must have tipped them off. But who would have done that?

His thoughts were interrupted as he was quite suddenly being knocked over. Next thing he knew, he was on the bottom of a two person pile. He looked up at the red headed woman laying across him. "Well, that was certainly the most interesting welcome I've ever gotten." he joked, struggling to get in a sitting position. "Are you alright miss?"

(So I was looking for music for Lineal and this is what I decided on.

)

im okay" with a quiet growl of embarassement, i lift myself to my knees and nod. "no thanks to that damn bastard running my ass over." I mutter the rest halfway under my breath, before shrugging it off giving you a fantastically tailored smile of concern.

"How about you?" I give my discombobulated Pay Day a once over, noticing that the poster doesnt do this rather hansome young man justice. It was a shame his head would have to serve as my retirement fund.

Oh well, cant win 'em all.

Kalth jumped across buildings as fast as he could. After eavesdropping some common folk a bit he learned someone tipped off hunters everywhere to his target. Now it was a time to make haste, others will try to swoop in on his contract. He cannot fail this. The roof tops were short and easy to move about on. His parkour skills were on point, it made tracking and chasing, if needed, simple. Once he jumped off a rooftop he noticed something a bit different to his left. An elvish woman and some boy were kneeling next to each other on the street. For what purpose would they be doing that?

He stopped immediately and started examining them further, wondering if perhaps they were in on his target as well. If they know...I cannot allow them to live. Kalth hated killing those he wasn't contracted to, but it now seems necessary. He pulled out his bow slowly and drew an arrow from his quiver. Once placed upon the bow's string he prepped the arrow to be shot, aiming at the redhead's neck. Please, forgive me for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Argo will appear a bit later, his introduction needs a little more action to happen. :3)

My ears twitch as I hear the sound of clay tiles clinking and frown, eyes darting to lock onto the nearly perfectly hidden figure. Had there not been the gint of light off what was no doubt either armor, or weapons, I never eould have spotted them.

I discreetly place my hand on the hilt of one of my daggers and looks the kid straight in the eye.

"Run."

Tarantia: Aquilona

Ayrenn ran her fingers across the bark that balanced underneath her, feeling the rough cracks and dead indents of the tree branch. Squinting her murderous leaf green eyes, the Elvish woman spotted her target wandering through the gates of the city. A sickening smile spread across her face when she saw the nervous expression plastered all over the exiled prince's face.

Well, won't this be easy. The Elf thought silently while gripping the handle of the blade on her hip, and gently unsheathing it. It created a satisfying RING noise as it was drawn from the belt on her hip. Leaping down from the tall tree, she landed on a rooftop with a soft thud, a cloud of dust erupting underneath where her feet had hit the ground. Quickly, she swooped among the rooftops like it was nothing, leaping and diving like a cat. She kept the prince in her sights, and kept herself hidden at the same time.

Landing on a smaller building, Ayrenn did a swift acrobatic flip off the concrete rooftop, and into an alleyway below. Pressing her back against the bricks, she peeked her head slightly around the corner. She watched a girl fall on the exiled prince, completely ruining Ayrenn's plan. Gripping the sword in her hand, she angrily spat under her breath, cursing the girl to Oblivion.

Ayrenn's ears twitched slightly as she heard the commotion on a rooftop not too far from her location. Glaring upwards, she caught the gentle glimmer of metal armor in the sunlight. Someone was after her target as well.

Growling once more, the Elven woman lowered herself to the ground, and than propelled upwards in a pounce. Her hands met the edge of the rooftop above, and she hoisted herself up onto the building. Speeding across the rooftops, her feet barely touched the ground as she leaped silently towards the person about to take out her target. Ayrenn slid down to a crouch as she neared the person, their armor now coming into view. It was a man, and he had in his hands a bow about to release an arrow.

Keeping completely hidden and undetected by the man who now stood in front of her, Ayrenn crept closer to him slowly. When she was close enough, the Elf brought her thick sword to the front of his throat in a strong headlock.

"Don't f*cking move. That prince is mine." Ayrenn snarled fiercely into his ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the city..

Lupus and Faren snuck into the city silently, trying their best to avoid peoples eyes. Leaping behind marketplace stands and weaving through alleyways, the two wolves followed the prince's trail. Faren stepped slightly out of an alleyway, seeing the prince with an Elvish woman. His lips curled up into a snarl, and he took a step forward, as if preparing to run towards the prince. The white wolf was about to break into a run, until Lupus grabbed him by the scruff in the nick of time. The black wolf dragged him back into the alleyway, flashing him a warning glare before letting go of his neck.

Faren growled under his breath, peeking his head around the corner of the alleyway to glare at Lineal once more...

I'd continue RP'ing, but I need a certain person to respond to Albin0's post. I cannot post again. :'<

(Didn't know if were expecting me or Ian to go. But hey I'll just throw it out.)

A thick blade was placed with great precision to Kalth's throat, it was close enough that a gulp could cause the blade to cut flesh. A voice growled to him from behind in a cold and angry tone. "Don't f*cking move. The Prince is mine." He felt a fierce sense of emotion, one that he could not pinpoint exactly. His social skills were never that great, his interactions were kept to a minimum. How did a being sneak up behind him? Keeping calm, and without turning, Kalth looked to his side, trying to get a visual of his assailant. He couldn't see much, the person, whom ever it may be, has positioned them-self so that he wouldn't be able to spot them.

Kalth knew when to give up and retracted his bow, missing this target would cost him. But there would be other chances, for now he needs to get out of this situation. "You win." He whispered, placing the bow onto his back.

"Run."

What? Already? Lineal slowly stood up and cautiously looked around. No one was moving towards them, so the danger had to be coming from an archer. But no archer would dare shoot into a crowded marketplace unless they were very confidant in their skills and if they were that good then they would be shooting from somewhere high. Sure enough, Lineal found his archer on the rooftop. However Lineal appeared to be the least of his worries at the moment. "I could not agree more, miss." He glanced around for somewhere to escape too. He noticed a tavern a short distance away before something else caught his attention.

The wolf head sticking around the corner staring strait at him stuck out like a sore thumb. While Lineal was confidant in his ability to outrun any humanoid pursuer, he doubted that he could outrun a wolf or escape its sense of smell. Then again, he thought, noticing what the was being sold in the stall near him, maybe I don't have to out run them. Snatching up the crystalline bottle, he chucked it as hard as he could at the wall next to the white canine's head, where the bottle of strong perfume smashed apart and scattered its contents all over wolf's muzzle and nose. "This way." he said to the red-head and made a break for the tavern.

He burst through the open doorway and sped across the floor, diving behind the bar counter. Glancing back over the counter he was a little surprised to see that none of the occupants were phased by what had just happened. Either this was a common occurrence or they were simply too drunk to care. The opened mouthed barkeep on the other hand...

Lineal dug into his coin purse, pulled out a gold coin, and placed it into the man's hand. "We ran strait through and out the back door." he whispered with a wink. The keep looked down at the coin and smiled. "So you did." He said, pocketing the coin and turning back to the mug he was washing, "So you did..."

(I'll let albino decide how the gaggle of bounty hunters react to this.)

Tarania, Aquilonia

Rakela took a swig of whiskey, and continued chatting with the bartender about random things. Well, to her they weren't random, but they made absolutely no sense to the bartender.

"Yeah, and then they were all like keeeaaaa, and kapow, and they were attacking me with their bare hands! I mean, who expects to beat a half dtragon, in a brawling match?! And then people started trash talking me because they said I had 'cheated'! I was like, 'you know bro, I am just that awesome'. And that's totally true! Anyways, then the people chased me out of town and I made it here."

She raised an eyebrow at the human that had entered the bar. He was interesting, and she wondered why he had come through. He didn't really seem like one who would like a drink- ah. He was being chased. That explained it. Wait, what? Chased? Why?

She shrugged and took another swig, having completely forgotten what she was talking about to the bartender before.

And I assure you, the bartender was very happy because of that.

"You win"

-The Elvish woman heard the man in front of her whisper. With a sickening smile and a bloodthirsty gleam in her eyes, she brought her lips to his ear once more before pulling away.

"Stay away from the Prince, assassin. If I see you again, I won't spare you so easily." Her threatening tone died away into the breeze as she released the strong headlock from his neck. She slipped the sword away from his skin, and before he had time to see his attacker, the woman had vanished like a ghost.

Leaping down into another abandoned alleyway, she watched silently as the Prince scrambled away into a tavern. The door swung back and forth, creating a squeaking noise as it finally came to a close. Smirking to herself, she outstretched her arm and began walking forward. Ayrenn ran the tip of her sword against the brick wall next to her. Sparks spewed from the collision of sword against brick, and the yellow orbs danced on the ground below before disappearing into a puff of grey smoke. The satisfying scrapping noise caused a shiver of adrenaline to run up her spine, and she sheathed the large sword back into the belt on her hip.

Casually, the Elf stepped out into the open, getting lost in the sea of faces among the townsfolk. Ayrenn pushed her way past the doors of the tavern, her gaze staring straight ahead and her body well composed. At the creak of the doors, several people turned to stare at the newcomer. A flicker of fear erupted in each of their eyes as she strode past, the metal boots on her feet slamming against the floor in an intimidating way. The Elf stopped when the bar stood in front of her, the clear bottles of alcohol sitting on the shelves behind the barkeeper. He smirked at her attractiveness, and swiped a wet cloth across the glossy bar surface.

"What can I do for ya?" The barkeeper asked her.

Ayrenn glared at him threateningly, and the man suddenly stopped what he was doing, a bit alarmed at her violent stature. A glimmer of recognition was written all over his face as he stared at the woman, and he dropped the wet cloth in shock.

"A-Ayrenn! What a surprise! W-What can I get you? Some Scotch? Maybe even some honeyed wine? It just got shipped in today-" The man crouched in fear as the Elf slipped a dagger out from under her belt, and stabbed it into the wooden bar with a loud thud. The people in the bar must have been too drunk to notice, because they continued with their continuous chatter. Her hand gripped tightly around the golden handle, and anger shown in her bright green eyes.

"Cut the bullshit. Where is the Prince?" Ayrenn snarled. The barkeeper stood up slowly, his hands shaking as he put them up in front of his face.

"I swear I have no idea what your talking about..." He whispered, clenching his eyes shut when he saw the unmerciful look now dawning on her face. Leaning in closer, she stopped when her face was directly inches away from his.

"I'm giving you one last chance, Lucian. Where. Is. The. Prince?!" The Elvish woman screeched in a quiet tone, her hand now digging the dagger even further into the bar's surface.

Lucian kept his mouth stitched shut, refusing to give any information to the assassin standing in front of him. Ayrenn's face twisted into an expression filled with fury. But it suddenly vanished when an idea popped into her head.

Grinning, the Elf yanked the dagger out of the bar, and plopped down onto a seat. She leaned her elbow onto the hard surface, and admired the weapon in her hands.

"Pour me a glass of that honeyed wine, would ya?" The Elf snickered while twirling the sharp knife in between her fingers. Looking a bit confused, he scooped up a champagne bottle filled with golden liquid. Pouring it into a glass, he pushed the cup towards her, watching it skid into her grasp tightly. Ayrenn curled her fingers around it, and took a long sip of the delectable wine.

Letting out a satisfied sigh, she slammed the glass onto the bar, causing Lucian to jump from the clatter. He cleared his throat uncomfortably and pulled at the collar of his shirt.

"Don't you uh... Want to look for the prince?" He asked, glancing towards the back door as a signal for her to leave. But she paid no attention, and continued to spin the weapon between the crevices of her fingers.

"Let him run. I'm curious to see what he has in mind. But if I see just one glimpse of that head of his, I'll have it on a stake." Ayrenn growled, lowering her hand to her waist and slipping the knife into its sheath. Turning her leaf green eyes towards Lucian, she flashed him a mischievous smirk.

You stupid, filthy bastard. You really think I'm that stupid? I know the prince didn't go out the backdoor. Idiot. He's hiding somewhere in this damned tavern.

The bartender chuckled nervously, not sure whether to be relieved or suspicious about her sudden change of heart.

In the city...

Faren let out several loud snarls of pain and anger as a strong perfume was thrown towards him, and shattered next to his head. The smelly liquid tainted his white coat, his icy eyes beginning to burn from the substance. He shook his head slowly, ignoring the searing pain and getting one final glimpse of the prince running off.

Growling loudly, he burst off running in the direction of the prince. Lupus, now an angry look on his face as well, gladly followed Faren. But the two wolves stopped at the doors of the tavern. If they went in, it would be a huge risk.

Looking hesitant, Lupus motioned for Faren to follow him into another alleyway to wait for Ayrenn's return. Stubbornly, Faren agreed and stalked into the shadows.

Grey awoke to the smell of bacon cooking, the sound of sizzling and clanging of a frying pan. A comforting morning scene. For most. Not that he minded fried pig, but be prefered the chirping of birds and squirrels to the rude clapping of metal, and groaning of dead wood. Over all, being in a human den was not his cup tea. To expansive, and they cover the ground with flat, texturless wood so you can't feel the earth under your pads, unless it was gritty dirt.

Normally he'd spend the night in his own den rather than this monkey warren, but it was apparently dire-weasel season, and after the nasty surprise he got the night before, he figured he should play it safe. After all, he was friends with tavern keeper. Besides after 923 years of not dying, getting his throat ripped out in his sleep would be a little anticlimactic.

Gray pushed open the cupboard door, slowly stretching himself through it, yawning as he did so. He stiffly walked over to the stove where the cook was, his fur all ruffled, squinting in the morning light.

"Good Morning, Abigail." He said in a drowsy voice.

Abigail startled, "AAHH! Oh for-" she put her hand over her heart. "Damn your soft feet, I forgot you were even here." She recomposed herself and put on a smile. "Morning, Gray!" She said like nothing happened. "Ya want'n some breakfast?."

Grey raised his eyebrows but not his eye lids. "Ah, yes, thank you. Too kind of you"

Abigail got out another pan, "Oh, no need to thank me, hon." She gave him a wry grin, "just try'n to keep you outa the chicken coop". She saw the look that Gray was giving her and shrugged, "Oh, well I thought it was funny." Like that was all that mattered. She put some butter in the pan. "Sooooo, I haven't seen you an Thrandy in ages. How've you boys been?"

Gray laughed, "Abigail, you haven't seen us in MONTHS." He corrected. "I have SEEN ages." His face fell a little. "As for how we've been, I can only speak for myself, Thrandelore departed two weeks ago."

Abby was shocked, "He LEFT ya!?"

"To go the way of all the world, as it were. He's dead."

She put her hand to mouth. "DEAD!? Oh, Gray! I'm so sorry. I-"

"No. Do NOT pity me." he said. "Or him for that matter. He led a good life and was ready to go. As for myself" He sighed "Well, I'm used to it." He stared, sadly, at the floor for moment, and then said, "You're butter is burning."

Abby quickly turned around, put some more butter on the pan, and started cracking eggs. "So, um, if I may," she asked "how did he die?"

Gray chose his words carefully. "Peacefully and of natural causes" he said. An answer which seemed to put her at ease, all the while keeping him honest. After all, Thrandelore didn't notice the dragon nor did he feel a thing when it bit his head clean off, so Gray figured that qualified as a peaceful and perfectly natural death. "But" he continued "It's to early to talk about death. What about you and Lucien? How goes business?."

Before she could answer, there was a commotion in the other room. "Um, hold that thought..." He said. He walked over and poked his head into other room (behind the bar counter) to invegate.

..They're smart...but they should have killed me. Kalth slowly raised himself from his crouched position, starring down in the direction at which the boy left. Since he ran...he must be my target. The wanted poster was a bit off on his physical features. He jumped off the roof from his spot, catching himself onto the ground. Several onlookers paused to look at the tall man draped in black, he looked rather ominous, even for a town filled with hunters. He ignored them and sprinted after the target, if he doesn't catch up before that person...

Rakela watched, her head cocked to the side as the boy ran behind the counter, and the elf lady came barging in, startling her slightly.

Forgetting the two quickly, she couldn't help but smile a little bit as she gazed around the tavern. There at least 30 men, drunken, dirty old men, who looked like would do anything for a fight.

She closed her eyes and smiled. Being a half dragon, she had a natural sense of time, and now felt just about right for that brawl she had been impatiently waiting for. Actually, there was still about 10 more minutes. Darn.

Aaaaaaah, close enough.

Rakela stood up from the bar stool and glanced around, finding a table that looked perfect for her. At it sat a group of four men, all looking gruff and tough and VERY drunk. She walked over to their table and grinned to herself.

Cracking her knuckles, she smiled at the four as their eyes riveted to her.

"I think it's time for a little fun." And with that, she grabbed the back of two of their heads and slammed them into their own plates which were filled with food.

Grinning, she ducked the swings from the other two men, grabbed one by the hips, and threw him across the room with ease, grinning even wider when he landed in the middle of a huge table full of people, and promptly began swinging at the enraged people there.

She turned back to her table, grinning at the food plastered men who were staring at her with awe.

"Shall we dance?" She asked sweetly before throwing another man in the same general direction as the first one.

Yeah, this was going to be fun.

Gray peeked his head into the bar and noticed two thing: 1. A man crouched behind the bar. 2. Lucine looked and smelled like fear.

Now poor Lucine was sitting standing there between a predator and her prey wondering how he was going to get out of this alive, when he saw Gray, thought "Oh hallelujah! Thank the gods for magic talking foxes" and mouthed out "Help!"

Gray walked up to his Luciens feet and whispered, "what's wrong?

Lucine put his hand under the counter where Ayrenn couldn't see it and pointed to were she was sitting,

Gray took a peek over the counter at the scary looking elf, "difficult customer?"

Lucien gave a thumbs up. (Yeah, basically)

"Violent one?"

Thumbs up (you bet your fluffy arss!)

Gray gestures at the mans behind the counter. "That related?"

Thumbs up. (Not that I'm going to tell you about the bribe I accepted that got me into this mess. You'd never let me live that down.)

Gray rolled his eyes. It was still early and a bloodbath was already in the works. Lucien really needed to hire a bouncer. "One moment" he said.

Gray walked over to the bar where no one could see what he was doing. Then he placed his paw against the wooden side, which rippled like water to his touch, and plunged his head into it. When he came out, he had what looked like an ugly little hand carved statue of a devil in his jaws.

You see, unless you have magic in your blood (which Gray, embarrassingly, had little), a spell typically requires two things: a symbolic component (this hidious little gargoyle would do), and a source to draw your power from. Could be an emotions, a natural force, a deities will, etc, etc. Today, he was going to use an emotion. Normally his authority as a priest of Inari would do just fine but, ah, for the muse of poetic justice...

Gray set the demonic effigy in one of the bars cubbies, then he quietly said into the devils ear " Rek gik-gik-gik auOOw gek." Meaning "Those with wrath, harm, or death in their hearts shackle themselves to you,". Then he was done. That, folks, is how you make a home-made personal hell.

Gray walked back over to Lucien. "Curse bestowed. If she, or any one who touches the bar counter, decides to get violent, they will be stuck to it like glue until they calm down. Now, to take care of your little refugee..." and with that he walked over to the man hiding behind the bar.

Lucien looked at the monster that was resting her arms on said trap with mixed feelings. Honestly, he was expecting the little fuzz to do something like turn her into a bunny and gobble her up, not stick her to a glue trap and leave him to enjoy her pleasant company, but he figured he should be gratefully for taking away her claws.

That's about when the bar fight started.

As soon as the coin leaves the prince's hand I drag him behind the bar counter, placing a finger over my lips. I sit there calmly, and listen as that bint Ayrenn storms on in, making a spectacle of herself, as usual.

I smirk when the prince jumps in surprise when the tip of her blade plunges through the wooden counter right between our heads, but stay deadly silent, fingering the hilt of my own blade while I analyze the chances of making it to the trap door under the barrel of ale, without being seen by the wrong people. As it was, any hopes of killing the boy were out the window until I got him a few miles out of the city. And that was IF we weren't being followed. And IF we make it out of here alive. I know im good, but if any more assasins or thugs swarm here...well, im not that good.

Wheres grey when you need him?

Kalth found himself standing outside of a noisy bar, a strange smell coming from it. It sounded like a huge fight was erupting from the inside. The thought of having to deal with these rowdy...people...gave him a headache. I cannot afford to lose this target...but going in here might cause problems. The noise from within the bar only got louder, sounds of laughter and punching echoing everywhere. This was not Kalth's setting, it's beyond his control. He turned around, preparing to leave from the city. Perhaps I'll spend the rest of my life running too. Suddenly he felt a pull on his hood, tugging him into the bar forcefully. The smell of beer and sweat filled his nose, making him gag slightly. Kalth pulled out his hidden dagger, prepared to fight to the death right then and there. What he saw was a frightening enemy, a tall beast of a man covered in heavy armor plating from head to toe.

Introduction: Argo "The Forsaken"

"Oi mate, what' cha hangin' around the outside fer? Ya need actually enter tha' tavern to get drunk!" A huge voice bellowed, it shook his new friends feet slightly. He patted his back as soft as he could, trying to not crush the tiny man. "Ma name's Argo! Tell me o' silent one. What be thy name?" Argo yelled out, trying to be as friendly as possible. The man covered in strange clothing and armor sat there silently, looking like he'd seen a ghost. Argo didn't understand why he wouldn't speak? Was there something wrong? Maybe...*internal gasp* Maybe he's choking!? Argo jumped up as fast as his large body could and grasped the choking man in his arms. "Dont'cha worry silent one! I will save you!" He yelled yet again, trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver. He squeezed around his choking friends chest gently, trying to push whatever's stuck out.

Peeks out from a knott hole in the bars front pannel, the now erupted barfight giving me a simple but brilliant plan.

I flip around, my back to the bar and looks ovet at the prince, eyes somewhat wild with excitement. I always loved a good brawl, whether or not I was part of it.

If the whelp is killed by some other hunter, well...its not like I havent relived a bounty off a hunter before. But I'd rather stay close to this one. Worth too much to take chances.

"I dont know why these thugs are after you kid," I whisper harshly. "but I see it my civic duty to offer a helpin hand to you." I duck under my arm with a soft cackle, as some fools precious glass mug is smashed above our heads, and ale spills over us both. "Evah Alstrome," I thrust my hand out for a handshake. "Resident eccentric, ruffian, and beloved evenin barmaid at this fine establishment."

Rakela was grinning her head off, and couldn't help but laugh loudly when a small, overly cocky and drunk little dwarf staggered up to her, a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

She bowed, giggling. Then she promptly took the bottle out of the surprised man's hand and drained it in two gulps, letting out a loud burp at the end.

"Thanks!" She told him brightly before smashing the empty bottle over his head.

Suddenly, she swayed a tiny bit. Frowning, she looked down at her fingers. Blurry... Uh-oh. I drank too much!

Rakela got hit by an incoming fist and fell to the ground, stunned. All of a sudden, her temper went off, and as the man went in to kick her again, she grabbed his leg and used his own momentum to trip him.

Her dizziness now gone, she stood back up and observed what effect she had caused. She winced in sympathy as he fell in slow motion at a HUGE knot of people, maybe 15 grumpy men, and created the domino effect. Then, getting up, they all piled up on top of him.

Rakela cracked her knuckles again, causing a loud CRACK to reverberate through the whole tavern.

Everything went silent, and the huge pile up in the corner suddenly stopped moving. Everyone was looking at the 6 foot (must be at least 7 inches in their minds eye) tall half dragon with her large white wings exposed, and her thick tail swinging back and forth.

She smiled at them all, and them, realizing that she was probably the biggest danger here, swarmed her, leaving her chuckling at their drunkenness.

While dodging punches, splattering food, etc. , she couldn't help but wonder what a fox was doing at the counter, talking to the bar keeper. I must just be drunk.

A strong mixture of sweat and beer wafted under Ayrenn's nose, causing her face to crinkle in disgust at the smell. Her fingers began tapping impatiently onto the bar surface, trying to ignore the ongoing brawl that went on behind her. A man bumped into her, completely drunk and laughing hysterically at the fight across the room. He almost pushed her over a second time as he took a wobbly step backwards, but he didn't seem to notice. Ayrenn squeezed the glass in her hand as an overwhelming feeling of anger washed over her, staring down at her knees. The length of her long blonde hair draped down in front of her face, concealing the deadly expression she now wore. Lucian stared nervously as the assassin began to grow angrier and angrier by the minute. He took a few steps back, and continued washing the dirty mug in his hands. Lucian glanced next to him at Lineal and Eva, sending them a warning glare to not run towards the trap door just yet.

Suddenly, the glass in the Elf's hand shattered from her grasp, the bits and pieces of the remains scattering onto the floor. The barkeeper jumped, preparing for the worst as he watched the assassin stand up slowly, and turn towards the drunken man. He continued to laugh at the drunken brawl, his attention too occupied to see the deadly woman approach him from behind.

Tapping his shoulder, the man turned around with a loud:

"Huh?! What do you want?!"

Rearing her arm behind her, Ayrenn clenched her hand into a tight fist before bringing it to the drunken man's face. She threw the punch as hard as she could, the hard metal of her gauntlet smashing against his temple. A swift crack rang throughout the tavern as he was flung across the room with a broken skull. His limp body crashed onto a table, tipping it over along with a few drinks and gambling games that sat atop it. The men sitting at the table leaped up, looking surprised and impressed at the same time as the man lay on the floor in a bloody heap. Ayrenn turned her back to the men before they had time to glance at her.

Flinging a gold coin to Lucian, Ayrenn began walking towards the tavern doors. The barkeeper caught it skillfully onto the palm of his hand, pocketing it and setting the dirty cloth down He watched curiously as the assassin began to leave without a single word.

"Got a nasty temper, that one. You know who she is, don't you?" Lucian asked Gray, letting out a chuckle as he placed the now clean mug on the counter.

Ayrenn kept her gaze down, fresh blood glistening on the knuckles of her red and gold gauntlet. She felt a sharp shoulder jab into her arm, and she took a step backwards to see who the idiot was that did it.

"Hey! Watch it!" The Elf snarled, but quickly shut her mouth when she recognized the man that stood in front of her. His armor. The bow on his back. It was the man from earlier. He seemed to be having a bit of an issue, and she watched with an arched eyebrow as a large man grabbed him tightly. Grinning, she realized the man who was now squeezing him thought he was choking.

"I, uh, hate to break it to ya. But I think he's fine." Ayrenn said to Argo, an amusing smirk spreading across her lips. She flashed Kalth a glance, hoping he didn't recognize the sound of her voice.

Kalth tried to get out of the behemoths grip,but he was overwelmingly strong. The man named Argo was only lightly squeezing Kalth, but he couldn't get out no matter how much strength he mustered. He felt two things in that very moment, feelings foreign to him. Fear, and complete and utter confusion. Argo believe Kalth to be choking simply because he would not speak? Is this man intoxicated? H-how can I get him to stop. Kalth thought, it was slowly getting harder to think the longer he was being held in this mans grasp. Even if he was choking, this man's attempts at saving Kalth would only sentence him to death via bear hug. Kalth then heard a voice behind him, feminine and...amused? "I, uh, hate to break it to ya. But I think he's fine." It sounded, familiar? When he heard it, the voice sent a chill down his spine. Though it made the behemoth stop for a moment, relaxing his grip on Kalth slightly. NOT choking him further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argo spent several moments, gently trying to save his choking friend. But it wasn't working, his attempts at forcing the food out were failing. Argo could see the look in the eyes of his friend, through his dark scary looking mask, the guy was terrified. He must be so depressed that he's choking to death. I...I must save him! He needs a friend! Argo thought. He began to ponder for a second until an idea arose. Wha' if I squeeze HARDER!? Genius mate! Genius! Argo tightened his grip on the choking man, using his massive power to crush the food in his throat out. Just as he started his new strategy a small voice reached his ears. "I, uh, hate to break it to ya. But I think he's fine." It stopped Argo in his tracks, whose was that? He turned toward the voice, seeing a tiny elvish woman, starring up at him. "Wha' do ya mean he's fine?" Argo said with a bit of sass in his voice. "Tha man won't speak a word! I believe he's chokin' lass."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back