• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy as we wander

As Argo swung his axe, Gray was sooo glad to be only 1 1/2 ft tall.

Gray jumped back a safe distance "Argo, STOP! I am not your enemy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva shuddered as her wound began to close, muscles and organs weaving back together, capillaries and arteries soaking the lost blood back in. The leaf sank into her flesh and dissolved disinfecting and cleaning out anything foreign that made it into her bloodstream. The color flushed back into her skin so quickly it almost burned. But she was still beyond exhausted. "yes...yes it worked."

she looked over to Argo and immediately knew something was terribly wrong. "Argo...Argo is everything alright?" she tried to sit up when he took his hand from hers, clutching his head, muttering intellegibly. By the grace of the gods she had not the strength and avoided the sudden swing of Argos ax, accompanied bY a roar of rage as he charged whatever invisible foes his mind had created.

Kill. Kill? Yes. No. Kill. Please. Please Die. Die for me. Hate. Die. Kill. Golems...kill. They hurt you. They kill your friends. They must die. Kill. The voices kept whispring in his head. They wouldn't stop, no matter how hard he tried to shut them up. The only way to stop them must be the golems. His pain would end with their death...right? Must be. It must. He swung his axe harder before him, the tiny golem kept dodge his powerful strikes. "A**o, ***P! I am *** your enemy!" His anger and hate fueled his power, kept him going even while his body was in terrible shape. His wounds began to no only bleed but gush blood, his bruises were a dark purple. However, he didn't even feel it. His body was numb, like a cold machine he moved along. Argo was the epitome of battle ready monster, a behemoth like implied, but in this state he was as fragile as glass. The right amount of damage and he wouldn't need to feel it, his body would just give in.

Argo charged at the tiny golem, taunting him and jumping around. "Why you run from me golem!? I know you are my enemy!" He yelled furiously. A loud crack came from his arm when he swung his axe, his arm just broke from extreme hyper-extension. Kill. Kill them all. Don't let it run. It's making fun of you. Fun. Fun of how you lost. Lost everyone. Even Eva. Eva. Eva.

Eva's vision was clouded around the edges as she struggled to her feet, using her Claymore as a hoist and cried out when Argos forearm visibly snapped, sending a jolt of sickness to her still healing stomach. Shit she had to get to him before he killed himself. It was agonizing, the slowness...the inability to run towards him, to feel...for the first time in her life, completely terrified for someone other than herself. She finally managed to stand and stumbled forward, unaware of the wet trails down her cheeks and throat. "ARGO!! ARGO STOP!!" She shouted and ended up having to duck under that same broken arm that now swung like a deadly pendulum.

"THE BATTLE IS OVER! Please you're killing yourself!!" With a desperate attempt to stop him from losing that arm permanently, she leaped forward and held it tightly in her arms, giving it a firm yank for his attention. It was a dangerous gamble. What if he saw her as an enemy as well? But in her current state, she couldn't do much else. "ARGO!!!!"

Dead. They all are dead. You couldn't help them. Why? Why? Because you're weak. A failure. Weak. Argo stopped, when a strange tug was felt upon his arm. What exactly was that? What is there? Ignore it. Keep going. Unless you can't? You can't can you? *scoff* Useless. A failure like I said. Nothing. Death. You deserve it. Not the others. Argo dropped his large axe, whether it was his body giving out, or his own will it was unknown. Tears welled up in his eyes again. "Useless...I be but a worthless man." He whispered out. Exactly! Useless. YOU should have died. Not them? Why are you alive now? Die. Die for me. Die for US. The voices were so loud he felt as if his head would explode, they brought extreme pain to his mind. "Die...I should...just..." Argo reached up to his neck with his still working arm and began to ring his. The man literally was going to choke himself to death. Perhaps even snap his neck, whichever came first.

"useless... I be but a useless man."

there were absolutely no words to describe the pure, unadulterated anguish Eva heard in Argos voice at that moment. It was the voice of a broken man, one who had been beaten down by tragedy and loss, until there was nothing left but the need to fight. An empty shell...

She had tried to stop the offending hand at his throat, and he hasn't even felt a thing. She didn't know what to do. so she clung to him, her arms around his neck and beg him to stop. "Argo...Argo please...you're ...whatever is making you do this...whatever you're thinking...its not true...please...please come back...your the only one left...the only person I..." Oh gods.... She could hear his bones creaking...she had to do something. She had to do something NOW!

She chanted the fiat spell that came to mind, meaning to simply knock him unconscious, but her magic wouldn't be summoned. The battle had drained her to the core. Her self control snapped

"to hell with this!" She backed up a step and took the first swing. "YOU FUCKING! COME BACK !TO YOUR DAMN! SENSES! YOU GREAT! DAMN! FOOL!!! " she could think of no other way to get through to him. All logic had been abandoned as she punched his arm shoulders and chest in a blind rage. "I SWEAR! IF YOU DIE ON ME!! I'LL FIND A FUCKING NECROMANCER!! BRING YOU BACK AND KILL YOU AGAIN!!!"

Gray watched the inconsolable delirious man lifted his hands to his throat. Oh, no you don't.

Gray had no choice but to paralyze Argo, stealing his strength away for a few minuets until he could work with him peacefully. Since the effect of paralyzation was considered poisonous in nature, Gray knew was going to need to put the spell inside Argos body somehow. The gentle way to do that would be to slip it under his fingernails or breath it into his face, but since both were out of reach, Gray was going to have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Gray quickly chanted a spell, speaking into his tail so as to trap the words in his mouth. He ran up to Argo. He opened his jaws wide, a green mist clinging along his mouth, and BIT his leg, rapidly chewing the magic into Argos veins like a venom.

Argos leg went limp as the the spell traveled through his blood, locking his strength away from him. Following his leg was his left arm, and from there, his whole body (save his eyelids) until he collapsed to ground.

The kit, who had scurried off for shelter when the giant human had started dancing around with his toy, slowly pawed over beside the fishy fox. The boobaly human from before was standing there next to the fallen giant...or...make that kneeling, as her legs seemed to had given out.

-what happened, fishy fox?- he asked, watching the smaller of the two exhausted looking bipeds crawl over to the bigger ones head, lift it up against her and hug it tightly. - did the giant get too tired?-

-oh...why he do that? He like being hurt?-

___#___#___

Eva rummaged through her bag with one hand, cradling Argos head in the other against her chest. Every inch if her was trembling with exertion, adrenalin and unbelieving relief. She couldn't imagine what must be going through his mind now.

She pulled out a small goat stomach flask and began trickling its contents onto his bleeding wounds, making them fizz and froth red, then pink and finally white as the mild healing potion cauterised them. She whispered gently against his ear, hoping to reduce whatever terror he must be feeling in his current state, watching for the spark of coherency to return to his eyes. "see? No more blood, miluv..."she hummed, as if to a wounded animal. "come back, Argo...come back to Eva."

Gray shook his head, -no, he doesn't. He just scared. But scared people often hurt themselves-

Gray looked at the cathedral that was glowing brighter and brighter. He looked back at the kit.

-Maybe you go cheer him up? Anyway, I need go see some thing.- he gave him a lick on the nose, (passing a little of his healing power). -you be next to him, Mousey Fox. I coming back-. And then, Gray ran off to the cathedral to investigate

The kitsune tilted his head and approached the giant, hopping weightlessly onto his chest and started to lick the wounds, murring proudly when fishy foxes magic started to very, very slowly close them, one by one. Upon returning to solid ground knowing he hadn't enough ,magic to heal that rather crunchy looking arm, he simply stood guard, poaching back and forth with his chest fur puffed up, Making sure his two charges would remain unarmed.

"muweee."

Kalth stood motionless on the rooftop, starring at in tavern's direction. There was nothing he would be able to do. It was already dealt with. Thanatos has claimed their lives, he would never give them back. Alvic continued to flap his wings in a flustered manner, he wasn't done. Kalth refocused his attention to the hawk, there was much to be done. The hawk squawked one last time and then leaped off his forearm, flying towards the direction of the intense light. That's my next destination. Quickly Kalth began jumping from building to building, follow Alvic towards a new challenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Still trying to decide on insane Argo or outside force disruptive Argo. >-< So hard to choose*

Lineal struggled to stand, finding that the spell had taken more out of him than he initially realized.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Y-you- you're a monster!"

The girl slowly turned to face the captain, dropping the charred body she was holding. "A monster?" She said in an amused tone. "You couldn't have come up with something more original?" She started walking quickly towards him, her footsteps making hardly a sound as she passed by the remains of the city guard. Some were burned to a crisp, others frozen in blocks of ice, a few were impaled with their own weapons, and one had even been torn limb from limb.

The captain, seeing the cloaked girl coming towards him, scrambled to his feet and ran for it. He hardly made it three steps before he felt small, slender fingers latch on to the back of his head.

A cruel smile crossed the masked child's lips as the man began to scream, his skull cracking in her deceptively powerful grip. She leaned in close and and whispered into his ear. "A monster is much too childish of a concept to discribe me. No. I am much worse than an infant's nightmare. I am a demon." She then crushed the man's head.

Above her, the tower began to creak and groan.

A lone figure exited the cave, dressed completely in traditional assassins garb. Not an inch of flesh was exposed to the moonlight as the clouds parted as if by her own beck and call, taking the rain with them. The only sign of the woman behind the mask were two yellow eyes.

This by far was Theron's favorite identity. she had established the rank of Guild Master with all the effort she devoted. Sixty years give or take. She never did anything by half, and it had been a very welcome holiday from her duties at the Temple.

With a hidden smile, she watched a tiny spider float down on a during of silk from the trees overhead and opened a hand, letting it land in her armored palm. "take me to him my little lovely." She purred, her voice smooth and hypnotic. And in a liquid swirl of black and purple magic she was transported to the shadows base of the glowing red tower.

And there he was not 20 feet away. Excellent.

"If I didn't know better I'd say you actually liked getting into trouble, Kalth." She smirked and leaned against the wall, taking on the friendly persona of "Willow" for her singular audience.

The air became cold around Kalth, causing him to stop his progressive movement towards the tower. He pounced low onto the ground, in a crouched position, lying on all fours. He slowly motioned for the blade on his hip, caressing the grip lightly. Whatever was there made him slightly uneasy, this feeling of...dread. Kalth squinted, eyeing his surrounding. The being had the advantage, it would be the one to make the first move. "If I didn't know better I'd say you actually liked getting into trouble, Kalth." A familiar voice said coyly. Suddenly he understood why the air around him became uncertain. Why it felt so...dangerous. "Guild Master." He whispered. Kalth raised himself from his position, only to bow to her on his knee. "What brings you here?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness is everywhere. It blinds Argo, he cannot see no matter how hard he tries. "..." This must be the death he wished for. The eternal sleep that has been granted to this weary warrior. Yes. This must be it. Finally he can lay his axe down, and fade away. Leave behind the bloodshed. The failure. He did not deserve the gladiator battles in Koldo's land, the eternal bath of glory. No. Darkness is where he stays. Wallowing in self pity. That's right. Sleep forever. Yes! Stay here. Don't move. Let the cold take you. "The...cold..." He whispered, feeling more and more relaxed as he let himself be taken in. "come back, Argo...come back to Eva" The words spoken to him were different than before. Warm. It...brought light. Ignore that! It's nothing. Don't listen. Stay here. In the cold. Be absorbed! Be absorbed! "I...should..." He whispered, his head starting to hurt again. "Argo...please...come back." That voice returned again, stronger. "..E-Eva...?" NO! I told you to ignore that! It's nothing. STAY. HERE. With us! Yes! With us! The voices didn't like the interruption. They were...against it? But...why? Wasn't that..."Argo...I miss you. Eva...misses you." That cracked it. "Eva!? You...you're alive!?" STOP. RIGHT NOW. STOP. Damn you woman! Leave us! We own him now! Yes! Yes! Ours! Suddenly darkness began to constrict Argo's body, squeezing tight, not wanting to let him go.

"Eva...you're alive...I..." Argo whispered, feeling warmth in his heart. *Thump* His chest...it's beating. Does that mean? "Am I...not dead?" Argo stop it! You belong to us! Mine! We own you! Stop it! The spell...it's... The voices became flustered, panicked. Something here was wrong. "I...where am I? I-I demand you release me!" Argo yelled furiously. NO! STAY. HERE. DARKNESS! TAKE HIM. NOW! TAKE HIM! They shrieked angrily. The darkness now enveloped him, trying to keep him down. "What be this black magic? I will not succumb to ye!"

Aaahhh Theron never grew tired of watching a strong mud dweller kneel at her feet. "live free my friend."she said offering her hand to host him up.

"charming town you have here." She chuckled darkly looking about as if she hadn't been expecting the place to be practically torn to the ground. "I assume the remodeling is recent?"

_______#_______#_______

As Argo struggled to regain his mind, Eva took his hand once again and squeezed it tight, daring to hope he would escape whatever spell or affliction had him in its clutches. "that's it, miluv...fight them!" She tilted his head up so he could see her face, hoping it would provide some kind of anchor. His paralysis was wearing off, if he didn't snap out of it before he could move again...

"come back to me." She kept going, offering him a jovial smile, even if it didn't reach her eyes. "and well get so drunk it'll take us days to sober up." Her hand raked through his damp hair, taking the few stray stands from his face. "and we can tell newcomers the tale of your glorious victory on the battlefield tonight...

It was Gray's intention to go inside the building to investigate the strange glowing. But the ominous creaking coming from the building told him that that was no longer a safe option, so he would have to troubleshoot from outside.

Let's see, what do we have here. Looking up at the bell tower Gray could see a fiery, glowing orb, like a red miniature sun through the windows. Closing his eyes, He could feel it had a powerful, dominating presence a bit like the sun, but with the mindless, all-devouring hunger of a fire. Feeding it's greed was an invisible force like a magnet, pulling at everything around it with increasing strength. And there was something else, a strange, foul breeze that meant someone had opened a rift to the lower planes and didn't close the door. The draft was faint, though. Whoever opened it needed a power stronger than their own but wasn't stupid enough to open the gate all the way. Gray poked around with his mind, looking for the tear in the planer fabric but couldn't find it. Then he realized it was coming from INSIDE the destructive sphere, bloating it outwards. Thaaaat wasn't good. Ok, how far is it going to expand? It couldn't go indefinitely, so what is its limit?

He look around and saw an invisible wall encompassing the whole town. Ah. Question answered. Lovely.

Well, this was officially out of his hands (er, paws). There was no way he could close it without incinerating himself (normal fire wouldn't hurt him, but hell-fire most certainly would). Only the caster could stop it.

And he was going to guess that the young sorceress who was leaving carnage in her wake was the caster.

He walked up a safe distance behind her, not bothering to set up an illusionary avatar. It was unlikely that that would fool her. "So," he said out loud. "From the looks of it, you've managed to weaponize a Draconic Sol Orb. I must say, quite impressive. A little crass in my opinion, but still impressive. Now, I must know, why would a mage with such connection to magic pervert the art of it in such a way?"

Mousey is as good a name as any, the kitsune thought as he marched back and forth. Mice were rather quick and sneaky and he liked to think he had those admirable qualities. But he had the sneaking suspicion that he'd been given the name as some sort of joke. He'd been called mousey before, because if his unusually high, squeaky voice. The resulting effect was him growing to a rather wolfish creature of the very large and growly persuasion in his anger at the abhorrent bully, and ended up getting stuck like that until he was too exhausted to move. When he came to, he was his normal, dinky self.

Still, it was the name fishy fox gave him, and bless his decrepit, crumbly old heart, he couldn't bring himself to dislike it. Mousey liked him too much.

Upon concluding his incredible brainstorm of astronomical intelligence, if he said so himself, the fox decided it was generally safe enough to return to the two he was guarding and inspect the boobaly things progress in fixing her human...ish... thing. Perhaps they might enjoy listening to him copying them. That tended to make the bipeds smile, without fail.

So he sat, once more on the giants chest and tilted his head to the side, reciting the few words he overheard "glorious victory!" He piped in a cheery tone and promptly licked the giants nose with a wagg of his tail. For good measure, he added a happy "yay!" Which he understood was the choice sound of delight for small humans. It seemed reasonably appropriate. Yes! Yes it seemed he had done well. The boobaly thing had cracked a smile and made that giggly sound, though it seemed a bit choked out through those tears. No doubt moved to those tears by his excellent performance. All in a days work.

Kalth looked up from the ground toward his master, her grin was slightly unnerving. It was as if she took the destruction of the city as entertainment. "Unfortunately I was...unable to do the remodeling myself." Kalth said, trying to squeeze out a joke. He doesn't do it often, but making the guild master laugh always made him a little more happy. Just a little. He lifted himself from his knee, standing upright. "What brings you here to this town? Did...Thanatos send you?" He asked with curiosity. The guild master did not leave unless Thanatos himself willed it, and if such a thing were to happen...change was sure to follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Argo unconscious :D Maybe I'll wake him next post. *

Theron chuckled lightly at Kalths rather forced joke. Merit deserved reward after all. "he did. The boy is not yet dead." She allowed her expression to grow dark, foreboding. "He is...displeased with the delay. The Unseelee Court require him by the harvest moon in two nights. You know your fate...and the fate of the humans should the ritual fail. " her tone was clipped and stern, making sure he understood the gravity of his transgression. It was true, Thanatos was furious. The boy was the perfect vessel. The only human alive with the power of the fae. And should the ritual be completed as scheduled, her lady goddess Lolth would finally have the god right where she wanted him. In the body of a frail, mortal human. Thanatos really was a fool. To be bound in Devine matrimony to a spider goddess, who's very nature is to slaughter her mate.

Ah well not even gods are perfect.

And when Lolth finally killed him, Theron would become living proof. Ascending to godhood in her own right, as she had been promised.

"the task of killing him now falls to me."

It was not surprising to hear that Thanatos sent Guild Master to finish the job, it was a surprise to hear how anxious he is for this kill. Thanatos was a cruel and hateful god indeed, but also a passionate and understanding god. He gave silent mercy to those deserving who pass on, and dark punishment towards those who oppose death. Kalth stood calmly, trying to get more information. "I dare not go against Thanatos's decision Guild Master, you know I have the up-most respect toward him. Especially I do not question your ability to kill the fae child. Honestly, he'd have died already while we talk here. However, I must ask...what do you hide from me? There are darker secrets around the boy than kept within the guild itself." Kalth asked, pausing to bring his hand up to his chin, thinking. "The ritual, the sudden appearance of golems in the city. The darkness I feel from the outskirt...What does it all mean?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I was thinking maybe Ayrenn would be able to wake Argo up? I dunno, magic seems like the remedy for darkness. Argo actually can't move now that I think about it. :3*

(mop said it lasts ten minutes. I'd say ten minutes are up)

Theron tool a moment to weigh her options. Kalth was certainly no pawn. He was a bishop in a rooks clothing. Sharp, stealthy, and swift; he was truly a cut above the rest of the mud dogs she governed. It was a shame he had not been born a Drow. Even a lowly Drow male with his potential would be recognized and made noble in little to no time. A Drow in spirit, if not body.

Such things could be remedied when all this was over of course. She would take his soul and give him the body it truly belonged to.

Perhaps, with a little nudge in the right direction...

"its true, there are greater things at work here...and I am not at liberty to reveal everything. Gods do like to have some anonymity." She stepped forward. "There is a shift in powers, Kalth. A shift in the realm of the gods, and thusly, here as well. The girl...."I pause and twist my features into a look of uncertainty. "is under the employ of our allies. I do not understand His wrath, or His reason for targeting this town. But I suspect it is because of the surplus of magic users gathered here. The air is situated with it. It may be that he has chosen the people here...testing them before his reign in the world of man."

(and remember the transfer of magic to the little kitsune via nose lick? Guess who's nose just got licked?)

"A...shift in power..." Kalth whispered, saying each word carefully. He looked up at her yet again, Guild Master was as serious as ever. She was not kidding in the slightest. Balance should not be trifled with, lest Nemesis would take notice. A battle between gods, while it can be beautiful and magnificent, it can mean the end of the current humanoid races. "It is not my duty to mingle in the strings of fate, for now I will stand aside. But I will find the answers I seek." Kalth said plainly, in a respectful tone. "The last thing I must ask, should I interfere with the summoner of the golems? Is this Thanatos's will?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I WILL RIP YE BUGGARDS LIMB FROM LIMB WHEN I AM FREED! RELEASE ME!" Argo yelled at the top of his lungs, still struggling in the dark abyss. He knew not where he was, but it was not where he wanted to be. SILENCE. STAY HERE. YOU HAVE NO WILL. NO WILL! WE MUST CONTAIN. CONTAIN ARGO! STAY! YES! YOU CANNOT LEAVE! WE WERE ORDERED TO- DON'T TELL HIM THAT! SHUT UP! STAY HERE! The unrelenting screech of the voices continued to echo around Argo, it was maddening. "Oi! Shut yer traps! I can't think with all of that screamin'! He bellowed yet again. He tried to pull his arms out with all his strength, but the darkness held on tight. "This be damn annoying, RELEASE ME!" He yelled again.

STAY HERE! WITH US! FOR AT LEAS- AH! WHAT- WHAT IS THI- THE SPELL IS BEI- NO! HURRY! STO- I CA-Its gettin- I- ST- restrain-Damn yo-. The voices began to slowly dim down, giving Argo momentary respite. "At least they shut up. Ma mind was feelin' like it be meltin'." He whispered happily. He reached up and scratched his chin, finally able to get rid of that itch. Wait. "Whut." He put his hand in front of his face. "I can move! Well I'll be damned!" A light shone through what he'd call the ceiling, exposing a slight hole. "What...be..." It became brighter and bright, over-shining the entirety of the darkness around him. Argo's eyes opened slowly at first, he blinked a few times, get used to the sunlight he had left behind. He was warm, Argo could feel someone touching his body. "I...what..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back